Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Classic Hip-Hop/Rap thread...
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
BigG

One of the greatest tracks of the GOAT...

It's from Cuban Linx so of course its grimey!
JonnyBlaze
Canibus-2012

Canibus---2nd round KO

Big L and Jay-Z freestyle

Jay Z sucks in my opinion,this was back in 95 and Big L smashes him in this freestyle..Big L is in the top 3 best ever..I think he is #1 though..Too bad he got killed..Nas is one of the best too in my opinion..Rewind is one of my favorites by him..Takes true skill to pull that song off..You guys will see I'm all about the lyrics and don't give a shit about the chorus..Rappers make it big because they focus all their attention on the chorus and the rest of the song sucks..

Big L---Danger Zone

Rakim--Don't sweat the technique

MC Juice--Freestyle or Written

Gotta listen to freestle or written..Juice is reppin the Chi and is also one of the best lyrical/freestyling artists out there..He kills it!!In my opinion he is the best freestyler out there..He did lose to Super natural in a battle but I think Juice won..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 13 2008, 04:34 AM) [snapback]404059[/snapback]

One of the greatest tracks of the GOAT...

It's from Cuban Linx so of course its grimey!

Illmatic is a dope ass cd..
BigG
Danger Zone definitely one of the darkest sounding tracks with some twisted lyrics!

"Every minute my styles switches up/They say a real man don't hit a girl well I ain't real cus I beat bitches up
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 13 2008, 07:26 AM) [snapback]404065[/snapback]
Danger Zone definitely one of the darkest sounding tracks with some twisted lyrics!

"Every minute my styles switches up/They say a real man don't hit a girl well I ain't real cus I beat bitches up

Hahahaha..It's about where he is from..Big L is a beast on the mic..That song is probably one of his darkest songs though..That was off his first cd..

Check this shit out..Hip hop at its best!!

Big L---The heist

Big L---casualties of a dice game

Big L---intro

Big L freestyle part 1

Big L freestyle part 2
JonnyBlaze
Gotta add one more Big L song..He rips this shit hard..

Big L---Let em have it L
The CEO
Enjoy some Pure Old School......

JonnyBlaze
Benefit---So sick

This guy is insane lyrically..Bet ya all can tell I listen to a lot of underground hip hop..

Canibus---2000 bc

This Canibus song is definitely one of my favorite songs..The bass in the song is insane if ya got a good system..Canibus,Big L,and Juice are my top 3 favorites..It's all about the lyrics to me..
The CEO
and now some Middle School...

The CEO
How 'bout some good ole' down home GANGSTA SHIT!!??

BigG

"We might find.....WHAT WE SEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARCHING FOOOOOR!"
The Original MrFactor
Man, I must be getting old. However, I guess rappers who came out in 1994 are now considered Ol School. Nas is cool, but I still consider KRS1 to be the best to ever grab a mic. I'm sure there is some guy that older than me that will come on and say Melle Mel was the greatest and that KRS1 aint old school. Now my son listens to cats like Soulja Boy and Lil Wayne. My god!!!!

Lucky for me, I still have most of KRS1's albums. I force feed my boys alot of KRS1, LL, Rakim, Run/DMC, Public Enemy, EPMD and Big Daddy Kane. I keep 'em educated about rap. When they are old enough to read The Source and vote for the 10 greatest rappers of all time, these "pioneers" wont be forgotten. Lil Wayne wont come off in the top 5.
JonnyBlaze
Lil Wayne SUCKS..He has NO skill at all..His freestyles are pathetic..Rakim w/Eric B,Krs1,Big L,Canibus,Juice are the truth...What do ya all think about the videos I posted??Wondering what ya all think..
BigG
I never was a big fan of Beanie Sigel but this is one of my favorite tracks..just listen to this song..

KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
"Play your cards, go against all odds shoot for the moon if you miss you're still amongst those stars". I love that beanie sigel song, and that is my favorite quote in life probably.

I dont know how to post videos but i love these older songs.
Eric B/Rakim: I aint no joke
Souls of Mischief: 93 til infinity
Grandmaster Flash: The Message
Most old school rap is good stuff.
Some newer stuff yall should check out, just search the song on youtube.
Brother Ali: Daylight
Atmosphere: Dreamer
eMc: Winds of Change
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Double post, sorry
BigG
Yeah that song by Beanie is so real....one of the best I've ever heard. Also cool that he payed homepage to the legendary song "Mind playing tricks on me".

JD
I have actually been reminiscing the past week or so...listening to Mecca and the Soul Brother, and Midnight Marauders recently.

Two GREAT albums.
BigG
Great taste JD..I love ATCQ...

Also weather you like Eminem or not (I'm a really big fan) don't lie and say you don't feel this song...

PR316
QUOTE(JD @ Sep 29 2008, 04:09 PM) [snapback]405807[/snapback]
I have actually been reminiscing the past week or so...listening to Mecca and the Soul Brother, and Midnight Marauders recently.

Two GREAT albums.

Holy shit I forgot about Midnight Marauders. What about "The Low End Theory"???.....

"We Got the jazz, we got the jazz"

JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 29 2008, 11:23 AM) [snapback]405810[/snapback]
Great taste JD..I love ATCQ...

Also weather you like Eminem or not (I'm a really big fan) don't lie and say you don't feel this song...

Eminem is weak..Maybe 8-10 years ago I would of said I like him..
The CEO
QUOTE(PR316 @ Sep 29 2008, 09:19 PM) [snapback]405835[/snapback]
Holy shit I forgot about Midnight Marauders. What about "The Low End Theory"???.....

"We Got the jazz, we got the jazz"

Maaaan......words can't explain how high I got to that tape.....yes...I said tape...lol...."Show Business" and "Scenario"....WORLD CLASS.

How about one of my personal favorites from some ATL Legends? Slow and low with the horns....the storytellin'...this song is just Art...period.

Just listen...."if you're on top of your game and man enough to handle real life situations that is..."....

PR316
^^^^^ GZA's Liquid Swords was one I would blaze to. I was in 6th grade!!... ROTFLMAO!!!...

I could still play that whole thing from beginning to end.
The Original MrFactor
PE---> Rebel without a Pause & Black Steel in the Hour of Chaos... 2 heavy hitters from the greatest rap group of all time...
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(PR316 @ Sep 30 2008, 03:41 PM) [snapback]405895[/snapback]
^^^^^ GZA's Liquid Swords was one I would blaze to. I was in 6th grade!!... ROTFLMAO!!!...

I could still play that whole thing from beginning to end.

I did the other day.

It hasn't aged one bit. Still better than most things put out today.
salvador
Miles Davis Doo Bop with Easy Mo Bee:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DEIR7CQB8I

Along with your post about great lyrics, there's a country song (I don't know the name or who sings it) with some good ones:

I woke up this morning,
my baby was gone,
She took the truck,
And I got so mad I threw my drink across the lawn
JonnyBlaze
Battle---Juice vs. Eminem

Eminem gets smashed..Juice is one of the best freestylers and mcees out there..Check out any of Juice's other battles..Only guy he has lost to is Supernatural but I think Juice won that one(one of the best battles ever)..If none of ya have heard Juice flow,you all are missin out..
JonnyBlaze
East Flatbush Project

Beat isn't as loud as in this next link but this is the actual music video..This is one of my top 5 favorite beats ever..Bad ass song..

Same song,louder beat

BigG

It really doesn't get any better than Memory Lane...

"The most dangerous MC is...."
PR316
Oh man, Illmatic.

NY State of Mind, Memory Lane, World Is Yourz, every track on that one.

A personal favorite of mine that is SO UNDERRATED is Eric B and Rakim's "Don't Sweat the Technique". Probably Rakim's best overall work in terms of creativity and versatility. Casualties of War, The Punisher, Know The Ledge, ageless.

Favorite MC of all time is Big Daddy Kane. The originator to what Biggie, Jay-Z, and so many others were trying to do.
Keith Pratt
Keith Pratt
The CEO
This is Andre's 43rd best verse....

Keith Pratt

Maxy
QUOTE(Keith Pratt @ Nov 18 2008, 12:37 PM) [snapback]411669[/snapback]

I used to like Hijack. Haven't heard those tracks for years.
Keith Pratt
QUOTE(Maxy @ Nov 18 2008, 08:46 PM) [snapback]411686[/snapback]
I used to like Hijack. Haven't heard those tracks for years.

Yeah, they should've been massive, but...

Hijack were a hip hop group from Brixton in London, featuring Kamanchi Sly, DJ Supreme, DJ Undercover, Ulysses, Agent Fritz and Agent Clueso. Their first single, "Style Wars" (Music of Life, 1988 caught the attention of the British hip hop community and laid much of the ground work for what was to come from the scene over the next few years. Their next release, "Hold No Hostage/Doomsday of Rap" (Music of Life, 1989) became an underground hit across Europe, bringing them to the attention of West Coast rapper Ice T.

Ice T signed the group to his own Rhyme Syndicate Records label, and they recorded and released the single "The Badman is Robbin'" (Rhyme Syndicate Records, 1989). The group's debut album - The Horns of Jericho (Rhyme Syndicate Records, 1991) - was recorded around the same time, but Warner Brothers (who had a distribution deal with Rhyme Syndicate Records) deemed Hijack's British hardcore hip hop style and British accents too different for US audiences. Hence, the album was never released in the US, although the company released the album to the foreign market to great critical acclaim.

Following this upset, the group split up and went their separate ways.

Shame...

This was another favourite of mine:

Maxy
Yeah I remember they linked up with Ice T in some way but they just seemed to fade out. I know why now. Do you remember the Ruthless Rap Assassins?
Keith Pratt
QUOTE(Maxy @ Nov 18 2008, 09:18 PM) [snapback]411697[/snapback]
Yeah I remember they linked up with Ice T in some way but they just seemed to fade out. I know why now. Do you remember the Ruthless Rap Assassins?

Yeah, from Manchester. I had "The Killer Album" and a few 12s

Just found this on youtube:

ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(Fitz @ Nov 18 2008, 05:14 PM) [snapback]411710[/snapback]
Keith, welcome back. But with all due respect, I'm sure that people don't want to hear your opinion on rap, we want to see you be funny and entertain us like you once did laugh.gif
Any new material?

He's sold out laugh.gif

C'mon Keith.....stop with the bad ass gangsta shit (although much apprieciated....those video's are BANGIN! Thanks very much, dude) and get to some wierd Keith Pratt shit.
Keith Pratt
Thanks guys, that's bloody nice of you ! drinks.gif

I'll see if I can think of something stupid over the weekend.

Glad you like the tunes.

This is an early 90s British rap group called Hardnoise:

BigG
Okay....this is a 1994 classic from Das EFX...

Kiggedy-kiss my grits, check the jingle
I diggedy-don't bruise but snooze like Rip Van Winkle
So twinkle, twinkle, twinkle little star
I sliggedy-slam dunk like KAREEM ABDUL-JABBAR!!!

thumbsup_anim.gif
Method
This is currently my beat in heavy rotation in the gym...

ROLL DEEP
Someone needs to get Nine feat Smoothe tha Hustler 'Make or take' on here....I don't know how to post vids from youtube...someone help a brother out!
Keith Pratt
QUOTE(ROLL DEEP @ Dec 2 2008, 05:48 PM) [snapback]413758[/snapback]
Someone needs to get Nine feat Smoothe tha Hustler 'Make or take' on here....I don't know how to post vids from youtube...someone help a brother out!

You type [ video ] before the youtube link and [ /video ] after it, but without the spaces.
Keith Pratt
Tuff Crew

I used to like these a lot back in the day...

happygocampy
I don't listen to rap anymore but the older stuff was good.

1991: Public Enemy - Can't truss it. Mad props and respect to these guys, they don't like the N word. If i could vote for a best of all time rap song this would be it, it's timeless, if it had just come out it would be ripping apart the charts.

1989: Young MC - Bust a Move. This guy was my favorite, had a posotive message mostly.

1989: Young MC - I Come Off. This one shows his mad lyrical genius skillz, and he mentions Tyson in this song.

1988: Rob Base and DJ Easy Rock - It Takes Two.

1989: 3rd Bass - Steppin' To The A.M.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5trgthmADs

1992: Beastie Boys - So What'Cha Want.

BigG

This is just the definition of a timeless classic...why havent AZ and Nas made that album yet...

Now we get...

Method
Been bumping this shit for two weeks now...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.