Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Casamayor vs. Marquez Round by Round and PostFight
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
For all on going and post fight reactions about the fight.

Jack

Administrator
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I like Casamayor by close possibly controversial decision in this one. Lately, Marquez has been pressing the action and making the fight. This will play into Casamayor's hands, as he still is a brilliant counter puncher. If Marquez holds back and waits, this fight could get boring fast. Casamayor uses a lot of movement though, so I think Marquez is going to have to push forward. Many of the rounds will be close, so the judges are going to have to watch closely as to who's landing and who's being effective. I feel Casamayor will be the more effective fighter.
MManiscalco
Hey guys,

Is HBO running your feeds? Because I got AC Slater on mine lmao. He's the best, but idk if I have the wrong feed.
gods son
lol I have the same feed..AC is running the show.
This is the Golden Boy / international feed.

MManiscalco
He's doing a damn good job. He pwns Lampley lmao it should be Slater-Max-Stewart
Imperius3
I'm pissed because there isn't a strip club in this city that is showing the fight. I'm not going to pay $50 for a non-HD PPV. I'll be waiting for the replay. Damn!

Wait...downloading it later tonight will work also. All is good.
woooooo
Hey imperius see if this link works

http://www.justin.tv/myboxingfans

Cant believe condescending plaigarizing Ron Borges is doing TV work for the Golden Boy telecast.
Mean Mister Mustard
Is this HBO?
Imperius3
QUOTE(woooooo @ Sep 13 2008, 09:27 PM) [snapback]404166[/snapback]
Hey imperius see if this link works

http://www.justin.tv/myboxingfans

Cant believe condescending plaigarizing Ron Borges is doing TV work for the Golden Boy telecast.

Thanks for the stream. I'll watch the undercard, but not the main event. I have to watch that fight in the best quality possible.
Imperius3
Fuck it, I'm watching the stream.
The CEO
Yeah...I'll watch this one...thanks for that link, woooo....I passed it on to JD....just so you know I don't take credit for other people's work like Borges does....lol
gods son
hahahahh @ cassa with his sombrero!!

im rooting for him.
BigG
I'm pumped! Both guys look FOCUSED!
dbdbdb
DAMN!!!!

Casamayor sporting the Teddy Pendergrass look fuck.gif
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Sep 13 2008, 11:49 PM) [snapback]404210[/snapback]
Yeah...I'll watch this one...thanks for that link, woooo....I passed it on to JD....just so you know I don't take credit for other people's work like Borges does....lol

I heard that about Borges plagarizing, would you happen to know what exactly he did?
The CEO
I'm just takin' woooo for his word....lol....he said Borges does that shit....
gods son
cassa 10
marq 9

marques is getting caught a lot.
BigG
round 1: 10-9 casa
round 2: 10-9 marquez
The CEO
Did y'all see my two favorite fighters smiling and joking around with each other?

Money sure does ease the pain of being a loser, doesn't it?
gods son
Cassa is marquez to the jab..can marquez sustain the blows??
woooooo
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Sep 13 2008, 10:55 PM) [snapback]404216[/snapback]
I'm just takin' woooo for his word....lol....he said Borges does that shit....

On March 4, 2007, Borges was caught in plagiarism allegations after an online reader on ESPN.com's New England Patriots message board revealed that there were extensive similarities between a March 4 article by Borges in the Boston Globe and a February 25 article written by sportswriter Mike Sando of the Tacoma News Tribune. On March 5, Borges was suspended for plagiarism by the Globe, without pay, and barred from broadcast appearances for two months.

Borges' "retirement" came in wake of a plagiarism scandal in which he was caught lifting copy from Mike Sando of the The News Tribune (now with ESPN). Borges is now relegated to writing on his weblog while nurturing a blossoming career as a guest on cable television access shows throughout Greater Boston.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(woooooo @ Sep 14 2008, 12:30 AM) [snapback]404222[/snapback]
On March 4, 2007, Borges was caught in plagiarism allegations after an online reader on ESPN.com's New England Patriots message board revealed that there were extensive similarities between a March 4 article by Borges in the Boston Globe and a February 25 article written by sportswriter Mike Sando of the Tacoma News Tribune. On March 5, Borges was suspended for plagiarism by the Globe, without pay, and barred from broadcast appearances for two months.

Borges' "retirement" came in wake of a plagiarism scandal in which he was caught lifting copy from Mike Sando of the The News Tribune (now with ESPN). Borges is now relegated to writing on his weblog while nurturing a blossoming career as a guest on cable television access shows throughout Greater Boston.

What was he thinking?
dbdbdb
Did weeks stop that fight after the second knock down ????
gods son
marquez can finish!!!
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Sep 14 2008, 12:39 AM) [snapback]404225[/snapback]
Did weeks stop that fight after the second knock down ????

Yes.
The CEO
Wow...Marquez just stopped the old man textbook style!...he knocked Casa down with a beautiful straight right hand.....he then knew Casa would get up and try to rush him dirty....so he turned Casa and worked the angles aggressively...knocking Casa down again....the ref stops it...

Great performance from JMM...

dbdbdb
QUOTE(gods son @ Sep 14 2008, 12:41 AM) [snapback]404226[/snapback]
marquez can finish!!!

No Doubt!!! .......... But weeks didn't even give Casamayor a chance to continue. He just jumped in and waved the fight off without judging the fighter's condition.
Mean Mister Mustard
Sharp fight from JMM, textbook stuff and see how he gets his punches inside exchanges.
Imperius3
That was a bit premature. Weeks didn't even give Casa a chance to get up. However, Marquez would have clearly won a decision with those two knockdowns. Unless Casamayor pulled a miracle, which is unlikely.
Imperius3
Edit- Double post.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Sep 14 2008, 12:43 AM) [snapback]404230[/snapback]
No Doubt!!! .......... But weeks didn't even give Casamayor a chance to continue. He just jumped in and waved the fight off without judging the fighter's condition.

Well he fell pretty hard and he looked like he had nothing left.
The CEO
My P4P list starts like this....

1a. Pacquiao

1b. JMM
dbdbdb
QUOTE(Imperius3 @ Sep 14 2008, 12:45 AM) [snapback]404232[/snapback]
That was a bit premature. Weeks didn't even give Casa a chance to get up. However, Marquez would have clearly won a decision with those two knockdowns. Unless Casamayor pulled a miracle, which is unlikely.

Agreed!!!! ...........

But give the the man a chance to get up at least before you just run in waving the fight. Weeks is FAMOUS for that shit ....
woooooo
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Sep 13 2008, 11:48 PM) [snapback]404236[/snapback]
Agreed!!!! ...........

But give the the man a chance to get up at least before you just run in waving the fight. Weeks is FAMOUS for that shit ....

Weeks was the ref for the Leavander Johnson-Jesus Chavez fight, a fight he should've stopped a lot earlier.
Imperius3
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Sep 13 2008, 11:48 PM) [snapback]404236[/snapback]
Agreed!!!! ...........

I agree.

Casamayor has been wobbled and knocked down before, but he always rises and finishes. Disappointing stoppage, but it happens.
Mean Mister Mustard
He was going to lose either way.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Damn, would of never thought the fight would of finished like that. It was a good fight that was heading towards a close decision. Casamayor did a really good job with those counter left hands early on, and Marquez really had no answer to them. I thought Casa took the first 4 rounds, but Marquez came on. Marquez won rounds 5-7 with being the aggresor and Casa slowing down. Casamayor won the 8th and 9th rounds barely, but I never thought he would get stopped by Marquez. He looked stunned a couple times, but nowhere near close to being down. Props to Marquez though, he did it big. He's # 2 p4p right behind Pacquiao. Casamayor looked pretty good too, and he'll be back as well.
Imperius3
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Sep 13 2008, 11:58 PM) [snapback]404239[/snapback]
He was going to lose either way.

I agree with that also. Those two knockdowns would have sealed it for Marquez. Marquez was boxing so well, I don't think he would have been caught by a chance left hand either.
BigG
I thought the fight was real close..I had it 95-95....but Casa got caught good. Not surprised he got KOd considering how much he got hit against katsidis. I think a younger Casa would have beaten JMM..
dbdbdb
QUOTE(KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Sep 14 2008, 01:04 AM) [snapback]404241[/snapback]
Damn, would of never thought the fight would of finished like that. It was a good fight that was heading towards a close decision. Casamayor did a really good job with those counter left hands early on, and Marquez really had no answer to them. I thought Casa took the first 4 rounds, but Marquez came on. Marquez won rounds 5-7 with being the aggresor and Casa slowing down. Casamayor won the 8th and 9th rounds barely, but I never thought he would get stopped by Marquez. He looked stunned a couple times, but nowhere near close to being down. Props to Marquez though, he did it big. He's # 2 p4p right behind Pacquiao. Casamayor looked pretty good too, and he'll be back as well.

The downward slide started in the 4th round when Casamayor started relying on the right-hand counter exclusively. JMM was handling Casa's power and becoming more agressive from round 4 onward.

I think they split the first 4 rounds, JMM won the middle-game and closed out the show.

Good fight .... I just would have liked to see if Casamayor had anything left, before the fight was stopped.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 14 2008, 01:10 AM) [snapback]404245[/snapback]
I thought the fight was real close..I had it 95-95....but Casa got caught good. Not surprised he got KOd considering how much he got hit against katsidis. I think a younger Casa would have beaten JMM..

A faser version of Cassamayor was much harder to hit than today's old version. Still Marquez has always been a sharp puncher whose precision has to rank among the very best.
Imperius3
I also had it 5-5.

Fitz, I've definitely seen worse stoppages. Still...if it was the 3rd knockdown, then maybe it would be more justified. There was only a few seconds left in the round also. He should have given Casamayor a chance to recover.
BigG
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Sep 14 2008, 05:14 AM) [snapback]404248[/snapback]
A faser version of Cassamayor was much harder to hit than today's old version. Still Marquez has always been a sharp puncher whose precision has to rank among the very best.

This is a much more impressive victory than Pac's TKO over David Diaz. Even a 37 year old Casa was way better than David Diaz.
Mean Mister Mustard
I can understand why some people feel the stoppage was premature. On one hand we have Casamayor who has never been stopeed and who was in the fight all the way, give him his chance to fight. On the other hand refs are trained to look for signs that a fighter is done, he gave Casamayor a chance to trade with Marquez and when he fell he saw his legs were not right and decided to stop it.

Still, interesting to see Bayless was going to let Cotto go on even after the second KD where it was apparent he had nothing left and had been taking a beating for the last 4 rounds.
BigG
I'm not complaining about the stoppage. I think Casamayor had no legs and was on his way to losing.
BigG
How much time was left on the clock?

An early stoppage to me is Tyson-Ruddock I, Cotto-Corley, and Tszyu-Judah (yes, I'm going to get flamed, but IMO it was an early stoppage).
Imperius3
QUOTE(Fitz @ Sep 14 2008, 12:22 AM) [snapback]404253[/snapback]
I've seen worse also. I think the stoppage was ok. I don't think it matters how long was left in the round. Forrest dropped Mora right at the bell tonight, and when Mora went to go to his corner, the referee brought him back and gave him a standing 8 count even though the bell had gone. I don't think he could be saved by the bell, so I think how much time is left on the clock is irrelevant in this case. I think.....don't quote me on that.

I don't know the exact time on the clock, but the round was almost over. I don't think he could have been saved by the bell (haha, and AC Slater was the host), but he would have had a full minute to recover in his corner after the bell. In that sense, he would have been saved by the bell. We don't really know how Casamayor's legs were after the second knockdown since he didn't have a chance to stand up.
kidbazooka1
Wow what a finish by Marquez I thought the fight was gonna be a close decision for either man but Marquez was the better fighter tonight he landed the harder more telling blows and finshed off Casa who despite being 37 years old was still a pretty man mofo. The stoppage was not early and a clear indication of that was tha Casa didn't even complaine after the stoppage and knowing him had he thought the fight was stopped prematurly he would have made in known instead he congradulated Marquez and gave him his props. T

Without a doubt Marquez performance was way better than Pac's agianst Diaz. Marquez went after the #1 guy in the divison to where as Manny went after the weakest title holder. Marquez should have been the #1 p4p4 fighter right now hads the judges gotten the score in the rematch I say they should hold a tow way tie for the #1 spot.

This also puts Marquez one up over Pacqiuao now that he will be ranked above him if they ever meet again that might help him get some leverage when negotiating.
Imperius3
QUOTE(Fitz @ Sep 14 2008, 12:33 AM) [snapback]404263[/snapback]
But he was struggling to keep himself up after the first knockdown and his legs were gone. If anything, they would have got worse after the second knockdown. To be honest, I can go either way. If the referee were to give him another chance, that's fine or to stop the fight that's fine with me also. I just don't think it was a bad stoppage.

I will never be happy with a stoppage where the ref doesn't give a fighter the chance to stand up, especially in a close fight, and especially when the fighter has a history of recovering. I wanted to see a 12th round...it could have been one for the ages. We will never know.
BigG
After watching it again I feel it was a little early...but Casa definitely wasn't going to win..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.