Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mora vs. Forrest II: Round by Round and PostFight
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
For all discussions of Mora vs. Forrest II.

Jack

Administrator
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I gotta go with Mora in the rematch once again. He's the younger, and possibly more hungary fighter. If Forrest doesn't get tired this time, he'll have a great shot at winning. He was winning after the first 6 rounds of the first fight, but lost it down the strech. I think Mora will be more confident though, and that herky jerky style is going to give anyone problems. Forrest will have a hard time with the style of Mora, and is going to get outworked once again. Some of the rounds will be close, but I feel Mora will be busier. Mora made me a fan last time out, and hopefully he'll come through again. Mora by close decision.
Mean Mister Mustard
Battle of the Snakes.
The CEO
I don't like Forrest at all, and I'm rooting for him big time in this one....that should tell ya what I think about Mora...lol
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Sep 13 2008, 10:38 PM) [snapback]404171[/snapback]
I don't like Forrest at all, and I'm rooting for him big time in this one....that should tell ya what I think about Mora...lol

Forrest was doing well in the early rounds of their 1st fight but Mora outhustled him. Forrest age is his downfall here.
BigG
Not much happened in round 1..feeling each other out and respecting each other...Forrest 10-9
BigG
I'll give round 2 to Forrest 10-9
BigG
BAD CLASH OF HEADS and the ref didn't do anything! Forrest was affected by that.....both ok......Forrest wins round 3 10-9
Mean Mister Mustard
Seems to be going just like the 1st fight did in the early rounds.
gods son
the snake is getting smacked.
BigG
Forrest takes round 4 10-9
BigG
Forrest wins round 5 10-9
The CEO
I'm not watching the stream....just listening to the audio....sounds like Mora is gettin' beat up in there...yes2.gif
D-MARV
Get Him FORREST!!!!!!!

Vernon might get the KO
Imperius3
Looks like Forrest actually prepared this time.
BigG
round 6 for Forrest 10-9

Round 7..MORA DOWN. 10-8 for Forrest
gods son
vernon bringing heat..i hope for a stoppage!
BigG
Round 8 to Forrest 10-9
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(Imperius3 @ Sep 13 2008, 11:04 PM) [snapback]404183[/snapback]
Looks like Forrest actually prepared this time.

He seems to have made good adjustments.
BigG
Forrest wins round 9 10-9
gods son
Cool round

enjoying this fight.
gods son
i have a feeling Mora will swing and catch Vernon..OUT COLD!!
BigG
Round 10 to Forrest 10-9
BigG
I think Mora did more in round 11 but in my opinion Forrest still won it 10-9
Mean Mister Mustard
Let's see Forrest fight Phillips or Santos.
BigG
Forrest wins round 12 10-9

120-107 Forrest for me. Maybe Mora won 2 rounds at most
BigG
Mora looked very discouraged all night..
BigG
GO FORREST!!!!

And NEW!!!
dbdbdb
Forrest deserved that win ..... He fought his heart out. thumbsup_anim.gif
The CEO
Nice...Mora's biggest win was a fluke...HA!
BigG
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Sep 14 2008, 03:32 AM) [snapback]404202[/snapback]
Forrest deserved that win ..... He fought his heart out. thumbsup_anim.gif

Forrest was very professional. Just pure boxing from him...Mora didn't know what to do.
Mean Mister Mustard
I like how the 154 pound division looks. You have 2 old vets Forrest and Phillips, an undefeated European Sergei, Not so young Santos and the still dangerous Spinks.
BigG
Verno Philips would have a chance vs. Forrest IMO
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 13 2008, 11:38 PM) [snapback]404207[/snapback]
Verno Philips would have a chance vs. Forrest IMO

Phillips can beat anyone at any given time. If the Forrest of the first Mora fight shows up he loses to Phillips.
BigG
Verno doesn't have a high KO ratio but he can punch. He really hurt Quartey a few years ago..the same Quartey that nearly beat Forrest.

I think Forrest could outbox him but Verno is a tricky vet.
Method
Thank god.

Now I don't have to listen to Doug Fisher and JD back make cases for Mora.

The Latin fake falls back to 'pretender' status.

The world is as it should be.
JaRaNDa
WOOO FUCKING HOOOOO!!! GO THE VIPER!! I'm so damn wrapped that Forrest could pull off such a convinsing win in the rematch, as I found it slightly degrading he lost to Mora in the 1st place!! I scored the fight 120-107 for Forrest! Not that I saw the 1st fight, but it seems the BIGGEST difference in the 2nd fight was The Viper brought back that world class jab of his!! Forrest may not be a KO artist but this dude can seriously crack when he wants to and only if Mora was less slippery Forrest would have gotten the KO tonight!!!
The Original MrFactor
LOL!!!!!!!!!!

I picked Forrest in their 1st match. I picked Mora in the rematch... Go figure... Happy for vernon... ATL in the house!!!!!!! Thats a great omen. Must mean the Falcons will beat Tampa Bay tomorrow...
BigG
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Sep 14 2008, 05:25 AM) [snapback]404257[/snapback]
LOL!!!!!!!!!!

I picked Forrest in their 1st match. I picked Mora in the rematch... Go figure... Happy for vernon... ATL in the house!!!!!!! Thats a great omen. Must mean the Falcons will beat Tampa Bay tomorrow...

Sweetest result for me of 2008..Forrest had a huge smile on his way to the ring...lol...really calm before the fight and whooped that ass

Mora showed some toughness which I'll give him credit for.
kidbazooka1
Both fighters looked like sh*t tonight Mora was just total garbage.
BigG
Maybe Mora did but Forrest didn't..
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 14 2008, 02:56 AM) [snapback]404274[/snapback]
Maybe Mora did but Forrest didn't..

He did to me he was pretty gassed out aswell and couldn't finish Mora off who was ready to go I think Verno Phillips would beat the sh*t out of Forrest.
rusty_trombone
Haha fuck mora
D-MARV
Vernon looked good!! I doubt Verno can beat him. I would like to see Paul Williams vs Vernon Forrest but I doubt Al Heymon would make that fight!
Mean Mister Mustard
Forrest versus Phillips or Santos is the fight to make. SERGEI DZINDZIRUK might be the best fighter in the division but he's pulling a Chris John and fighting bums in his territory. After he beat santos The Ring had him rated high but now they dropped him to 9.

All in all, the Super Welterweight division might not have the most exciting fighters or the most famous but it certainly features a set of solid pros.
kidbazooka1
No doubt Vernon looked better than in his last fight but he didn't look as good as say the Baldomir fight though the style of the opponent could have alot to do with that.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Sep 14 2008, 03:37 AM) [snapback]404206[/snapback]
I like how the 154 pound division looks. You have 2 old vets Forrest and Phillips, an undefeated European Sergei, Not so young Santos and the still dangerous Spinks.

Woah woah woah Spinks & dangerous should never be used in the same sentence. he may be dangerous to your eyes if you are watching him fight but dangerous to his opponent I don't think so.
D-MARV
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Sep 14 2008, 08:40 PM) [snapback]404357[/snapback]
Woah woah woah Spinks & dangerous should never be used in the same sentence. he may be dangerous to your eyes if you are watching him fight but dangerous to his opponent I don't think so.

Come on Steve you know Spinks is very capable of pulling off the upset. I still think he beat Jermain Tatylor!
I can see him boring us to death with an upset victory over Vernon
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Sep 13 2008, 11:32 PM) [snapback]404203[/snapback]
Nice...Mora's biggest win was a fluke...HA!

That's what I was thinking right after Mora won the first fight..I knew Vernon would pull out the W..
buford54
I'm glad Vernon won. I've disliked Mora ever since he turned down the fight with Jermain Taylor because he thought he should get more money and not have to fight in the champ's hometown.

Sad to say, I wasn't positive Vernon could do it though. He's getting older, and his big claim to fame came against Shane Mosely...followed by 2 losses to Ricardo Mayorga.
Since then, his highlights have been a near/possible loss to an inactive Ike Quartey, a UD over a too heavy Carlos Baldomir and a loss to Sergio Mora.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.