Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Title fights
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Fantasy League > FightHype WEBL
Maxy
OK, some title fights have already been made but I thought it would be fair to discuss who is worthy to challenge for their respective divisions championship rather than just make a load of bouts off the cuff.

Heavyweight Champion Sennen "Cuban Link" Pink. Top contenders are Cyrus "Iron" Virus, Larry Holmes, Alexander Povetkin, The Prince, Jorge "Peligro" Alcarez and Ovidio Ochoa. I think it should be Iron but what do you think?

Cruiserweight Champion Jong "Red Death" Shaoting. Top contenders are Odlanier Solis Fonte, Alexander Frenkel, and Gerson Fernandez. I think Red Death should take his pick from those.

Light heavyweight Champion Thomes "Hit Man" Hearns. Top contenders are Brandon "The Polish Hammer" Wiechec and Andre "The Mattrix" Dirrell although Hearns is perhaps entitled to a voluntary as long as its against a winning fighter.

Super Middleweight Champion Jean Pascal. Top contenders are Marino Polo, Bobby "Tick Tick" Boome, Lucien Bute, and Mango Rojas. Pascal can pick who he wants.

Middleweight Champion "Mean" Joe Green is set to defend against Claudio Berrocales.

Light middleweight Champion Fontaine "The Flame" Cabell is set to defend against Terry Norris. (Zab Judah must have made that one?).

OK, you get my drift. Does anyone have any suggestions for the next lot of title fights? If no discussions are made, the promoters will make the fights themselves regardless.
BigG
Who the fuck is this Marino Polo and why the fuck is he so tough to beat..laugh.gif

I think Link should fight The Prince..

Pascal should fight Polo
Maxy
OK, I've made Polo-Pascal but I'm gonna Peligro a shot at Pink with The Prince guaranteed a shot at the winner.
BigJuicyHog
Red Death will fight a contender who is not Solis since he has fought him like 4 times already.

Wiechec would like his shot at 175.
Maxy
OK Red Death has got Frenkel and I'm just waiting to make sure Hearns is happy with Wiechec as his next defence.

BigG
Yeah, Norris has some good wins and although he lost to Maxey 2 fights ago, he brutalized Tony Palomino just before that. And my champions never got immediate rematches vs. Cabell (Maul & Joppy)...
The CEO
Ok...what the fuck?...Hearns ALREADY has a fight scheduled with Wiechec....we didn't give the green light yet....it's a little after 7pm on a Sunday here....

I thought everybody was on the same page regarding these situations now......

Light heavyweight Champion Thomes "Hit Man" Hearns. Top contenders are Brandon "The Polish Hammer" Wiechec and Andre "The Mattrix" Dirrell although Hearns is perhaps entitled to a voluntary as long as its against a winning fighter.
OK Red Death has got Frenkel and I'm just waiting to make sure Hearns is happy with Wiechec as his next defence.

is it a lack of patience or something, Maxy?

BigJuicyHog
What day was it made for? It could be the auto scheduler.
The CEO
It was made for the usual....next Sunday...

and for the record....Hearns and I just went off in the press releases over at vivi.com.....
Maxy
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Sep 14 2008, 06:15 PM) [snapback]404354[/snapback]
is it a lack of patience or something, Maxy?

Harold "Harry" Angus has moved to defend himself after Insanity International supremo SkullSplitter accused him of making a fight without their consent.

Angus said "I'm in the UK so evening here is a few hours earlier than it is in the States. As the no.1 contender and the most deserving challenger out there Wiechec simply had to get his shot. He's earned it big time. His last few wins have all been against top 10 opposition. Now I understand that the selection of opponent isn't a problem, it's more down to the time the fight was made. This is kinda finicky if you ask me because Mr Skullsplitter admitted in his complaint that Hearns would have fought Wiechec in any case. If you wanna talk about bad matches being made then I'm exonerated from that. I don't hear Skullsplitter talking about his boy Freddie "The Finisher" McPheerson being matched with a 2-0 novice - a fight I had nothing to do with. Or what about Zab Judah fighting a 9 fight novice? I had nothing to do with that either. I work fairly, I've made a fair fight between Hearns and Weichec and I don't see the problem. I'm sure there can be a rematch clause put in place should Hearns lose his belts? Anyway, I'll be leaving II fights to the other promoters to sort out in future because I intend to sue Skullsplitter for what I consider derogatory remarks about my integrity. Mr Skullsplitter would do well to remember that I have always been fair with his gym, giving his fighters easy return bouts after their break a while ago. Mr Skullsplitter would also do well to remember that I had no part in scheduling a rematch between McGuinness and Hearns. The issue about making title fights late in the day Sunday was actually brought up by myself and adhered to by myself. The point was to stop immediate rematches which hadn't been agreed prior to the first fights a la Hearns-McGuinness 2, and to give the most deserving contenders their shot at the title. I have done absolutely nothing wrong and will not be making any sort of apology."
The CEO
QUOTE(The CEO)
I knew Angus would use semantics being that he is located in The U.K.....so here I will remind the league and all promoters that the majority of WeBlers are located in good old U.S. of A....meaning that the matchmakers should cater to USA time. Period.

Everything else he said is just rhetoric...trying to distract from the problem here....

I am now going to reiterate the root of this entire issue...what's fair for the matchmaker's champs and top contenders is supposed to be fair for the blue collar gyms's champs and top contenders as well....ALL champions and top contenders are to be given time to deliberate....the deadline is to be a suitable time for all time zones involved....I propose this time to be 6pm Eastern Time on Mondays....that will be around Midnight on U.K. time....

and let me clarify something on rematches....this would be a strong solution...from now on, deposed Champions should automatically get their rematch the very next week...if they win, they don't HAVE to grant an immediate rubber match....as it will build anticipation for it at a later date....(i.e. for Super Fight Weekends)

The bottom line here is that Harry Angus didn't adhere to what he said....to what we all greed upon....these two quotes confirm this....

QUOTE(Angus)

As you can see....Harry Angus did not wait...Hary Angus thinks he can do as he wishes and is beyond reproach....Harry Angus is saying he will not apologize....Harry Angus is saying he intends to sue.....(laughing)....I WISH HE WOULD!....(laughing harder)...you wanna know why?.....(gets serious on a dime).....because Harry Angus is a corrupt, delusional, selfish, and completely egomaniacal individual and Justice would be served...

That's right, Harold....if you do NOT apologize and decide to follow with a suit....I will file a countersuit so swiftly it will make your head spin and throw you into time travel....I will set you back 20 years mentally and financially...I am certain I will have complete support from character witnesses throughout the league. I am serious here. I will clean out your bank account with zero pity or remorse.

so what's it gonna be, Harold? Still wanna be firm?....all you have to do is say you're sorry and start changing your ways.

Maxy
Harold "Harry" Angus has responded to Skullsplitter.

He told fighthype, "This is a tiny issue which has been blown out of all proportion by a man who is quite frankly reprehensible. His proposal for title fights not to be scheduled until Midnight UK time Monday, or 6pm Eastern time US are completely impractical and would result in an auto scheduler making pathetic, unwanted match-ups. Take for instance the Kameda-Cotto 4 fight streak at one of the lower weights. 4 fights in a row because they were left to the auto scheduler. It doesn't work like that. Sunday is the day all the big fights take place and it is also the day that the next set of big fights are scheduled by myself, Zab Judah and TOS. Thus far there has been very few complaints, although ALL promoters have made errors from time to time. IF Skullsplitter wishes to insist on Monday 6pm US time for any title fights involving his fighters then that is entirely up to him. If it backfires and the auto scheduler takes over, none of the promoters have anything to answer for. Like I have already stated, I shall not be schedling any more fights for Insanity International for the time being. The other promoters can do this at a time more suitable to Mr Skullsplitter and I have no objection to that. What I do object to however is having my hands tied when it comes to promoting title fights on Sundays, the day of rest, the day when I have more time to carefully pick the right fights for the right fighters at the right time. For instance Sennen "Cuban Link" Pink has yet another tough fight this weekend against Jorge "Peligro" Alcarez. I could have made Pink an easy fight after his 36 round battles with Larry Holmes but I opted to pick the best available contender for Mr Pink. Fair because thats how I play it. This ridiculous complaint from Mr Skullsplitter has left a sour taste in my mouth because I feel I have acted honestly and in accordance with the rules. He apppears to want a 'safe' fight for Mr Hearns on one hand but claims he is happy for Weichec to be Hearns' opponent. Is that a contradiction or is he just trying to make a fuss to get his name in the papers? I reiterate that I will not be apologizing to Mr Skullsplitter and I have instructed my lawyers to look into the possibility of suing him for slander. Good day."
BigG

"I had nothing to do with these mismatches being schedulled? It's not my fault if these prospects get ruined! This is boxing dammit! Only in American! Buy the PPV Zab Judah vs. Timothy Bradley for 49.95 with McPheerson vs. Uray on the undercard ladies and gentlemen! Prepare for a BLOCKBUSTER! America baby!"
Blayde
Ahmet Oener:

"Its obvious. Don Kings got a problem with our Cuban fighters! There is a gold medallist in Ugas 2-0 as a pro and somehow Don gets this shit lined up. Its a disgrace! We dont know the details about the relationship between Zab Judah and Don King, but as long as both are with Team Judah, our fighters will be extra motivated! There will be some ass kicking taking place. It wont work for Don. Guys like Ugas will make a name for themselves!"
Maxy
The auto-scheduler made a title fight between Travis Simms and Berk which was fought today. Simms won it so I think there definitely needs to be a unification with Joe Green even though they are both from the same gym.
Blayde
No problem, that fight can happen.
Maxy
I think things need to be revised and made pretty clear.

We can't allow the auto-scheduler to make title fights. It has a bad habit of making the same fights over and over again.

I suggest that in close title fights, automatic rematches should be made, but other than that the best match-ups have to be scheduled regardless of whose gyms is involved.

Also I think that if the auto-scheduler makes extra title fights when there is already a champion in that said division, one of the promoters should just toggle the championship off. Otherwise it gets too confusing.

Hopefully the rankings will sort themselves out after this weekend.
Blayde
Yeah Maxy, that sounds good. A lot of these auto title fights are really worthless.
CyruS
Herman Ngoudjo has knocked out previous #1 contender Ricardo "Mochuelo" Torres who is the same man in his last fight that knocked out the new jr. welterweight champ, Carlos Quintana in 1 round.

Ngoudjo has laid down a challenge to enforce his #1 contendership against Quintana.
BigG
Heavyweight:
Champion: The Prince (Next Fight: Maxy "Deep Freeze" Gawn?)

Cruiserweight:
Champion: Allan Green (Next Fight?)

Light-Heavyweight:
Champion: Andre Dirrell (Next Fight?)

Super-Middleweight:
Champion: Lucian Bute (Next Fight: Jean Pascal?)

Middleweight:
Champion: "Mean" Joe Greene (Next Fight?)

Junior Middleweight:
Champion: Fontaine Cabell (Next Fight: Richard Guiterrez)

Welterweight:
Champion: Khamesi Jahawi (Next Fight?)

Junior Weltweight
Champion: Herman NgDoujo (Next Fight?)

Lightweight:
Champion: Jose Luis Ramirez (Next Fight?)
CyruS
Jimmy Jack Judah the reigning Lineal Jr. Welterweight Champion has issued a challenge to Juan "Apuro" Herrera for an Undisputed Jr. Welterweight Title bout.
BigG
Ohhhhh! that will be one to see...Jimmy Jack better win that shit and avenge Buddy Shine.
Blayde
Apuro Herrera accepts that challenge! This guy started his career as a teenager and is a former Flyweight champ who also beat Roger Mayweather at Super Fly. Hes at the top of his game now and hes absolutely sure he can take the Southern Judahs shots!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.