Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My old employer keeps paying me
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
PUERTOROCKS
Maybe you guys can help me out. I quit my job in April to go to another Brokerage firm. Since then, my old employer keeps direct depositing "payroll" every 15th and 30th as if I was still working there. I sent a few e-mails to payroll, but it still keeps happening. I still have about 1/2 the money they have paid me {about 20 grand total} since I quit. I doesn't make sense to me because I wasn't on salary, I was paid hourly and had to fill out a timesheet every week. Basically someone over there screwed up bad.

If you were in my shoes what would you do? ??? What is the worse that can happen??
STEVENSKI
Keep the money & make them know even if you have to visit them in person. The last thing you would want is to spend it & then have them come back in 2 years & seek compensation. I know my brother was underpaid for overtime once (about 25 hours) & when he found out 12 months later he got the overtime & interest calculated at a daily rate compounded.
BGv2.0
Did you take your red swingline stapler with you? thumbsup_anim.gif

I don't know man....IMHO...it is their screw up and what more can you do if you have informed them more than once. Stevenski is right though.....that shit could come back and bite you in the ass big time.....go see somebody in person....email is obviously not cutting it.
caneman
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Sep 15 2008, 04:59 PM) [snapback]404433[/snapback]
Did you take your red swingline stapler with you? thumbsup_anim.gif

I don't know man....IMHO...it is their screw up and what more can you do if you have informed them more than once. Stevenski is right though.....that shit could come back and bite you in the ass big time.....go see somebody in person....email is obviously not cutting it.

email is a paper trail of proof though! don't know though as it could in fact bite you in the ass!
Spyder
It sucks, but you gotta give it back...unless you want to just cash out and live life as a drifter. Bouncing from truck stop to truck stop, picking up lot lizards, living the life that few dare and even fewer have the means to support. The man without a name. You could probably even change your name to something cool...like T-Bone, or Wolf. You would blend into the sect of society that the corporate world doesn't even think about, and would certainly never find you. It would be tough to support a family in that environment, so if you have one, you'd probably have to leave them behind in your old life. You could send them little clues that you're still alive, like an unaddressed postcard from Reno...or an envelope with a C-note tucked away. The debt collectors would be relentlessly harassing them, but why do you care? You're sitting at the bar at Waffle House, living the life that Lorenzo Lamas could only dream about!

Hey, at least you have options! thumbsup_anim.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.