Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Atheists...
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
ROLL DEEP
Well, not just Atheists, but people who follow a religion too.....

I haven't started this thread to start arguing over whether you believe there is a God or not and whether the things that happened in the Bible or Qu'ran are real or metaphorical, etc, etc,

Just curious to get everyone's perception on ghosts, afterlife, evil spirits, etc?
BGv2.0
IMHO....EVERYBODY is Agnostic and just won't admit it.

The simple fact of the matter is nobody knows anything. None of us were alive at the dawn of man. You can say we climbed out of muck and grew feet and evolved.....I say...ok. You can tell me an all powerful being created us and still observes us today.....and I say...ok. Because at the end of the day.....I have no idea.

I subscibe to the "Just be glad your ass is here" theory of man.

I am willing to listen to any theory on human origin.....that is why I find it somewhat silly to NOT allow Creationism to be mentioned in schools. People who oppose it say that it is dangerious and separation of church and state and that it can damage a child's mind....blah, blah, blah! If you are talking high school students.....they SHOULD be mentally mature enough to hear any theory they can and then use their own mind to make a decesion on what they believe.

I really don't get the big divide.

However....I will say this....I took a look at Ben Stein's "No Intelligence Allowed" film.....and when you hold Darwinists to the fire....some of their theories are just as goofy sounding as ANYTHING mentioned in Genesis.

Like I said....in the end...I have not a clue as to how we came to be....but I am open to possibilities.

Evolution has a solid scientific base....so I can see the merit in it. However....unlike many folks....I can see the merit in Creationism as well.....and here is why.

I like to use this analogy.....we have advanced so much in science that it is now possible for a scientist to bring life from a small glass dish in a lab. If this is a fact.....how is it so hard to figure that the same was not the case for the universe.....just a much bigger dish...and a much bigger being in a lab coat. I actually see merit in that argument.

But at the end of the day....I have no idea....and I'm very comfortable with that fact!

Mean Mister Mustard
I don't get what the big divide is either. But it is clear that science is dominant in today's culture as opposed to religion/spirituality. Not saying it's a bad thing but it is interesting to analyze how the Science v.s Religion debate is portrayed in the media. Just look at that Stein film, it didn't receive that much praise, but watch how much more publicity Maher's documentary will get.
Spyder
Here's the thing with the divide...

The far right religious folk feel a need to preach, and the far left heathens hate being preached to. So in turn, they feel the need to even the playing field by preaching Paul Bunyan and the Easter Bunny.

There's your divide. But the people that get screwed are the moderates in the middle that have to deal with both sides being obnoxious.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(Spyder @ Sep 17 2008, 02:46 PM) [snapback]404537[/snapback]
Here's the thing with the divide...

The far right religious folk feel a need to preach, and the far left heathens hate being preached to. So in turn, they feel the need to even the playing field by preaching Paul Bunyan and the Easter Bunny.

There's your divide. But the people that get screwed are the moderates in the middle that have to deal with both sides being obnoxious.

Just leth either side do whatever the hell they want as long as they don't preach.
Spyder
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Sep 17 2008, 02:48 PM) [snapback]404538[/snapback]
Just leth either side do whatever the hell they want as long as they don't preach.

Easy for us to say. Some folks feel compulsed to preach. Almost like a drug addict feels compulsed to chase the dragon...

Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(Spyder @ Sep 17 2008, 02:55 PM) [snapback]404539[/snapback]
Easy for us to say. Some folks feel compulsed to preach. Almost like a drug addict feels compulsed to chase the dragon...

LOL that is true, not so simple. I just block out any type of preaching and attempt to use common sense to the best of my ability.
JonnyBlaze
catholic here
Bill The Butcher
I lean a little bit towards - there isn't a God. But then again, God is creator, and if you believe in the Big Bang Theory, you could call that God. I'm just not sure if there is a spiritual side to it. But anything is possible I guess.

So I guess I'm agnostic.
STEVENSKI
I am a agnostic. I am in a 12 step fellowship for addiction & I do have a "higher power" but the simple fact is that I don't know what my higher power is & don't really give a fuck anyway.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Sep 17 2008, 10:02 PM) [snapback]404563[/snapback]
I am a agnostic. I am in a 12 step fellowship for addiction & I do have a "higher power" but the simple fact is that I don't know what my higher power is & don't really give a fuck anyway.

Probably Ares--The god of war is your higher power..hahahahaha..You are the #1 hater on Fighthype..
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Sep 17 2008, 11:53 PM) [snapback]404570[/snapback]
Probably Ares--The god of war is your higher power..hahahahaha..You are the #1 hater on Fighthype..

LOL, yours must be Aphrodite goddess of love because you love EVERBODY. Never a bad thing to say about anyone.
scottmason1
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Sep 17 2008, 01:02 PM) [snapback]404533[/snapback]
IMHO....EVERYBODY is Agnostic and just won't admit it.

The simple fact of the matter is nobody knows anything. None of us were alive at the dawn of man. You can say we climbed out of muck and grew feet and evolved.....I say...ok. You can tell me an all powerful being created us and still observes us today.....and I say...ok. Because at the end of the day.....I have no idea.

I subscibe to the "Just be glad your ass is here" theory of man.

I am willing to listen to any theory on human origin.....that is why I find it somewhat silly to NOT allow Creationism to be mentioned in schools. People who oppose it say that it is dangerious and separation of church and state and that it can damage a child's mind....blah, blah, blah! If you are talking high school students.....they SHOULD be mentally mature enough to hear any theory they can and then use their own mind to make a decesion on what they believe.

I really don't get the big divide.
However....I will say this....I took a look at Ben Stein's "No Intelligence Allowed" film.....and when you hold Darwinists to the fire....some of their theories are just as goofy sounding as ANYTHING mentioned in Genesis.

Like I said....in the end...I have not a clue as to how we came to be....but I am open to possibilities.

Evolution has a solid scientific base....so I can see the merit in it. However....unlike many folks....I can see the merit in Creationism as well.....and here is why.

I like to use this analogy.....we have advanced so much in science that it is now possible for a scientist to bring life from a small glass dish in a lab. If this is a fact.....how is it so hard to figure that the same was not the case for the universe.....just a much bigger dish...and a much bigger being in a lab coat. I actually see merit in that argument.

But at the end of the day....I have no idea....and I'm very comfortable with that fact!

I agree with pretty much all of what you wrote. I am also an agnostic, mostly because I am not arrogant enough to believe I know anything for sure. The way I look at it, the avowed Athiests are just as annoying as the ultra religious people, because they all act like they have all the answers and you are a fool if you don't agree with them. There may be a God. There may not be. We don't have absolute proof either way. Whether there is or isn't, I'm going to live my life the way I feel is best for me combining that with trying to be what I see as a good person. If there is a God, he/she will reward me in the end. If not, then I lived a good life and did some good things and that is its own reward. I don't need to go to a house of worship for that.

-SM
ROLL DEEP
I was wondering what atheists think of ghosts and stuff like that?

Obviously, they don't believe in a God, but what do they think of the supposed hundreds of thousands ghost sightings each year?

If they're against all spiritiual beings and happenings, what do they think of mediums, ghosts, etc?

rusty_trombone
QUOTE(ROLL DEEP @ Sep 18 2008, 11:13 AM) [snapback]404611[/snapback]
I was wondering what atheists think of ghosts and stuff like that?
Obviously, they don't believe in a God, but what do they think of the supposed hundreds of thousands ghost sightings each year?
If they're against all spiritiual beings and happenings, what do they think of mediums, ghosts, etc?

What's with you and ghosts? Didn't you start another thread about that shit?
The CEO
Not many of you will believe this...but I used to be a very spiritual individual...I was actually on my way to becoming a Priest in my youth....but for the last 17 years, I guess you could call me a Non-Practicing Christian....lol....in other words....I still have my faith....but it's deep down, and my Religion doesn't occur to me often anymore...

so yes...I believe in God, and that Jesus died for our sins....I believe in a Creation with Evolution scenario.....

As far as Agnostics....my old way of thinking was..."How can you have Faith in someone who doesn't have Faith?"...but I was wrong....as my wife is an Agnostic and is the best human being I've ever met....

As far as Atheists....well....they can suck my Diego.

laugh.gif
Spyder
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Sep 18 2008, 12:44 PM) [snapback]404628[/snapback]
As far as Atheists....well....they can suck my Diego.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I wish Jack would've kept that thread open long enough for everyone to see it...
Al Hata

I'm more concerned with the question "Will we ever find out the truth?"

Science vs. Religion....I don't have a favorite, I just hope I live long enough to see the 12th round and the decision.

ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Sep 18 2008, 11:16 AM) [snapback]404625[/snapback]
What's with you and ghosts? Didn't you start another thread about that shit?

Nope....that was aliens laugh.gif Going through a strange phase.....

I was watching a a few videos on youtube and couldn't believe how many videos there were bashing religion (Christianity mostly).

It got me thinking about other things that atheists may believe in. They're all geared up to only believe scientific evidence when it comes to religion, so I wondered where they stand on other 'spiritual' stuff......thats all dntknw.gif
STEVENSKI
For the record I choose to call my higher power "God" because it seems suitable & I have no idea on what it is or how it works.
The CEO
QUOTE(Spyder @ Sep 18 2008, 01:06 PM) [snapback]404630[/snapback]
laugh.gif

I wish Jack would've kept that thread open long enough for everyone to see it...

Really though...we were turning that dud into a classic.
BigG
I'm a Catholic and I believe God is the creator, the Virgin Mary is the mother, and Jesus is the son who died for everyone's sins. I'm a very religious person...I carry my rosary everywhere I go (in my wallet) and I wear a silver chain with a cross..lol..And I'm trying my best not to rot in hell for the rest of my life.
Spyder
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Sep 18 2008, 09:26 PM) [snapback]404667[/snapback]
Really though...we were turning that dud into a classic.

Starts off as a troll thread, Fitz hit 'em up with "Why be polite when you troll?", a few posts later we're comparing our cocks to Diego Corrales...if that's not a magical thread, I don't know what is.

It was like the David Blaine of threads!
JaRaNDa
QUOTE(Al Hata @ Sep 19 2008, 03:15 AM)
I'm more concerned with the question "Will we ever find out the truth?"

Science vs. Religion....I don't have a favorite, I just hope I live long enough to see the 12th round and the decision.
lol well fuckin put Al Hata!! great stuff!

Fitz - No matter what the outcome is, you can guarantee that it will be the biggest "told you so" in the history of anything.

LMFAO sooo true!
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 18 2008, 09:32 PM) [snapback]404668[/snapback]
I'm a Catholic and I believe God is the creator, the Virgin Mary is the mother, and Jesus is the son who died for everyone's sins. I'm a very religious person...I carry my rosary everywhere I go (in my wallet) and I wear a silver chain with a cross..lol..And I'm trying my best not to rot in hell for the rest of my life.

Nah man, if there is a hell, that's where the party will be. All the cool people will be down there, that's where I'd want to be. Heaven would be mad boring.
blackbelt2003
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Sep 19 2008, 03:53 PM) [snapback]404711[/snapback]
Nah man, if there is a hell, that's where the party will be. All the cool people will be down there, that's where I'd want to be. Heaven would be mad boring.

Have fun killing Jews with Hitler.

Black
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(blackbelt2003 @ Sep 21 2008, 07:15 AM) [snapback]404830[/snapback]
Black

Fantastic
King Eugene
You guys will turn any thread into straight comedy...it never fails. LMAO
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Sep 21 2008, 07:15 AM) *

Black

In retrospect, are you insinuating that all Jews will go to hell?
blackbelt2003
Fuck yeah, alongside all Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Zoroastrians, Sikhs, Atheists, Agnostics, Roman Catholics and all other non-Church Of England Christians.

Oh, and Mel Gibson.

Black
STEVENSKI
I'm not I'm off to outer space with Tom Cruise on Travolta jet. Us Scientologists have it made I tells ya.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I'm a catholic. I find it hard not to believe, when I hear the story of boxer Thomas Snow and when he was shot. It's hard not to believe when things in life happen in sequence, and you look back at what happens. I think it' s good to believe in a higher power, and even read a couple bible stories. They show a lot of good in life, and at least create a decent moral standard (like thou shall not kill). I don't agree with people who are hardcore bible dudes who go round claiming gay marriage is wrong cause the bible says so. I don't think the bible should be taken literally word for word, but I think some things are good. I also believe in evolution, but the universe had to start somehow. Big bang theory doesn't explain the start, it explains what happened shortly afterward. Sorry to make a serious post in this thread, but it is what it is.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.