Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Basketball
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
JonnyBlaze
Sup everyone,
I'm wondering who's your favorite basketball team and your favorite player these days??
PR316
Favorite team is the Spurs. Favorite player is Chris Paul. He's about to become the best point guard in the league if he isn't already. When you watch that man dribble the ball its like he's got it on a string or something.
BigG
Favorite player right now is probably Tim Duncan. I also like watching Kevin Garnett, Jason Kidd, T-Mac.

Favorite players of all time:

Larry Bird
Tim Hardaway
Magic Johnson
Grant Hill
Gary Payton
Shawn Kemp
Hakeem Olajuwon
Charles Barkley
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 18 2008, 07:51 AM) [snapback]404597[/snapback]
Favorite player right now is probably Tim Duncan. I also like watching Kevin Garnett, Jason Kidd, T-Mac.

Favorite players of all time:

Larry Bird
Tim Hardaway
Magic Johnson
Grant Hill
Gary Payton
Shawn Kemp
Hakeem Olajuwon
Charles Barkley

I have to admit I am a huge Duncan fan too and a big Spurs fan..I've been a Duncan fan since he first arrived on the Spurs..Him and Robinson were a baddd ass combo..I am from the Chicago soo gotta rep the Bulls..Yet,my favorite team is the Celtics..I was tellin everyone all last season they were going to win and everyone kept siding with the Lakers to win it(this was early in the season too)..My favorite player is Paul Pierce based on his skill level..He is a all around player and even though he doesn't have some abilities(speed) he is smart enough to make up for it..He is kinda like Emmit Smith,he didn't have the best abilities but he is soo smart in finding small pockets and space to work with that he makes him great..I kinda like that quality..Not being the best physically but the best mentally..I also really like Ray Allen,KG,and even Rondo(even though he can't shoot for shit)..Chris Paul is wicked when hes got the ball for sure dude..

Thats the shit Shawn Kemp is one of your all time favorites,I'd have to go with Jordan and Kemp as my top 2 favorites of all time..No ones jams like Kemp used to..That guy was a maniac in the paint..I still got my Kemp jersey from back in the day,too bad it's wayyyy too small to fit me now..I also really liked Gary Payton,Larry Bird,Clyde Drexler,Steve Kerr,Steve Nash,Jerry Stackhouse,David Robinson,and Karl Malone..Grant Hill is still good but he is nothing compared to what he used to be..In the 90's the Bulls and Sonics were my 2 favorite teams..Spurs were my third..

Celtics are gettin another championship this year!!Their defense mixed with their offense is just insane..They act like they've been playing together for 10 years..
Mino
Celtics Baby!!! Waited a long time to see another championship, and hopefully they will defend...The Truth!!!!!!!!!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Mino @ Sep 18 2008, 09:57 AM) [snapback]404609[/snapback]
Celtics Baby!!! Waited a long time to see another championship, and hopefully they will defend...The Truth!!!!!!!!!

Definitely man..I bet money on the Celtics before the playoffs even started!!The Celtics bench really came through throughout the playoffs too..Paul Pierce put whoopins on L. James and Kobe when guarding them..I really liked the game where L. James and Pierce were going head to head and both scored over 30 points..Pierce stuffed the shit outta Kobe too..Awesome moment!!I don't recall anyone guarding Kobe as perfect as Pierce did..Pierce obviously studied Kobe's moves a lot I think..
streetlion1
Favorite team- Minnesota Timberwolves...only because im a hometown fan. Until Glen Taylor and Kevin mchale pull their heads outta their asses I gotta lean towards the Hornets.

Favorite Player- Kevin Garnett...Without a doubt there is no player who is as complete as K-Gizzle!!
hardhead
Hornets
CP3

Iverson
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Sep 19 2008, 04:19 PM) [snapback]404742[/snapback]
Favorite Player- Kevin Garnett...Without a doubt there is no player who is as complete as K-Gizzle!!

No doubt..If they had a 1 on 1 contest,I got my money on KG for sure..Yes,over Kobe and LJ..Those would be good games but I think KG would get it based on his skill mixed with his size..LJ would be a better match-up for KG because of his size but Kobe would have the speed edge on KG..
iron_mike
Used to be KG. I still like him but I hate the Celtics. I don't hate Allen, Pierce, Rondo, Davis, Posey, or Doc Rivers, I just hate the Boston Celtics. Even Pierce growing up said he hated Boston. Fave player has to be Artest or Rasheed.

Sidenote-Knicks preseason game vs. Toronto---this could be our year...ok we'll break .500 with D'antoni. It was like watching the Suns with blue uniforms. Without a great point guard and great 3 pt shooters though. This 7 seconds or less offense could just be what we need.
King Eugene
I'm a Bobcats and Bulls fan!

But as of now my favorite player is (like Dave Chapelle say it) Koooobbbbeeeee!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(3King3 @ Oct 12 2008, 12:08 AM) [snapback]406830[/snapback]
I'm a Bobcats and Bulls fan!

But as of now my favorite player is (like Dave Chapelle say it) Koooobbbbeeeee!

You're the man for bein a Bulls fan..Reppin the Chi over here..I've been a Bulls fan since my first few breathes when I was born..
BigG
My favorite duo in history is Payton-Kemp...

King Eugene
My favorite duo would be Jordan and Pippen followed by Stockton and Malone.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Oct 12 2008, 10:50 PM) [snapback]406957[/snapback]
My favorite duo in history is Payton-Kemp...

Thanks for the video,I miss those days..Payton-Kemp and Jordan-Pippen are my 2 favs ever..Shawn Kemp is one of my top 3 fav. players ever..Sonics were my Celtics now of the 90s..haha..I was OBSESSED with the Sonics and if anyone were to beat my Bulls then it would of been the Sonics..Jazz were really good back then too and so were the Spurs with the Robinson-Duncan duo..They were baddd ass together..

Bulls and Sonics in the 90s and now Bulls and Celtics..I will also always be a Spurs fan too..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.