Bowe-Maybe
Tarver-maybe but not 1st ballot
Kiltchko-no
Corrales-yes
Hill-maybe
Forrest-No
Margarito-yes but will acomplish more to solidify it
The CEO
If I had the sole power of voting them in..?

Vernon Forrest - As of right now...No.

Virgil Hill - Close...but that only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, and a good fart.

Arturo Gatti - No

Jose Luis Castillo - Close, but no cigar.

Diego Corrales - Nope.

Vitaly Klitschko - As of right now...No.

Riddick Bowe - Nah.

Antonio Margarito - As of right now...No way.

Antonio Tarver - As of right now...No.

Ricky Hatton - NO CHANCE IN HELL.

Here's the thing though....most, if not all of them, WILL get in....
Big Slim Sweet
Vernon Forrest - Nope. In fact, fuck nope

Virgil Hill - Nope

Arturo Gatti - Nope. Love him, but he has his HBO millions as a sweet little consolation prize

Jose Luis Castillo - Nope. Close, but nope

Diego Corrales - Yep. Hope I don't sound like I'm making light of anything, but when guys die early their legacy tends to improve over time. We never see them grow old and lame (think Jimi Hendrix, Lennon as opposed to McCartney, etc)

Vitaly Klitschko - Hell GOTdamn fucking nope

Riddick Bowe - Shoulda coulda woulda. Nope

Antonio Margarito - Incomplete, but as of now, nope

Antonio Tarver - Mmmm....Yep

Ricky Hatton - Nope
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Sep 18 2008, 03:43 PM) [snapback]404641[/snapback]
Vernon Forrest - Nope. In fact, fuck nope

Virgil Hill - Nope

Arturo Gatti - Nope. Love him, but he has his HBO millions as a sweet little consolation prize

Jose Luis Castillo - Nope. Close, but nope

Diego Corrales - Yep. Hope I don't sound like I'm making light of anything, but when guys die early their legacy tends to improve over time. We never see them grow old and lame (think Jimi Hendrix, Lennon as opposed to McCartney, etc)

Vitaly Klitschko - Hell GOTdamn fucking nope

Riddick Bowe - Shoulda coulda woulda. Nope

Antonio Margarito - Incomplete, but as of now, nope

Antonio Tarver - Mmmm....Yep

Ricky Hatton - Nope

I agree with your list except the part about Tarver. You compare him to Castillo and Corrales why does he get in? He beat Jones twice ok, barely got past Johnson and beat up Griffin and Harding after Harding had whooped his ass in the first fight. If Castillo and Corrales don't get in neither does Tarver. But like CEO said, they will all get in, that way the IHOF audience has something to look at in their respective years.
BigG
Vernon Forrest - No....

Virgil Hill - Maybe...undecided..

Arturo Gatti - No, sorry...

Jose Luis Castillo - Close but no..prime was short..

Diego Corrales - I'll say yes...he beat alot of good fighters..

Vitaly Klitschko - Fuck no...

Riddick Bowe - Close but no...unfortunately

Antonio Margarito - Not yet..

Antonio Tarver - Maybe...if he beats Dawson yes..

Ricky Hatton - Nope..
Snowsy
QUOTE(xxxxxx @ Sep 18 2008, 01:52 PM) [snapback]404635[/snapback]
Vernon Forrest

Virgil Hill - No - but he might be the closest. Sort of a Career Achievement record.

Arturo Gatti - No. No. No.

Jose Luis Castillo - No Way.

Diego Corrales - No - Sorry. RIP

Vitaly Klitschko - No. Nononono.

Riddick Bowe - No, but... arguable.

Antonio Margarito - Not Yet.

Antonio Tarver - No. He's only got 31 career fights. One WIN of which could be considered.

Ricky Hatton - Uh, no.

Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Sep 18 2008, 05:27 PM) [snapback]404648[/snapback]
I agree with your list except the part about Tarver. You compare him to Castillo and Corrales why does he get in? He beat Jones twice ok, barely got past Johnson and beat up Griffin and Harding after Harding had whooped his ass in the first fight. If Castillo and Corrales don't get in neither does Tarver. But like CEO said, they will all get in, that way the IHOF audience has something to look at in their respective years.

With Tarver, I may have been conceding the Dawson win, which is not a sure thing by any stretch. If he beats Dawson impressively I think he's in. Otherwise, he's a tough call. Comparing his career to a baseball player's, that Jones KO was like winning the MVP with one of the greatest single seasons of all time, but it's true his career as a whole probably doesn't merit it.

Bowe is a similar case. His win over Holyfield was brilliant, but he crashed and burned so badly after that.

Virgil Hill is a guy who's career achievements might merit HOF status, but didn't every single one of his meaningful wins come on his home turf? When he stepped up and fought Hearns who wasn't even at near his best weight he flopped.
Maxy
Not a single one of them should be inducted into the HOF but most, if not all of them, probably will be.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Sep 19 2008, 12:44 PM) [snapback]404725[/snapback]
With Tarver, I may have been conceding the Dawson win, which is not a sure thing by any stretch. If he beats Dawson impressively I think he's in. Otherwise, he's a tough call. Comparing his career to a baseball player's, that Jones KO was like winning the MVP with one of the greatest single seasons of all time, but it's true his career as a whole probably doesn't merit it.

Bowe is a similar case. His win over Holyfield was brilliant, but he crashed and burned so badly after that.

Virgil Hill is a guy who's career achievements might merit HOF status, but didn't every single one of his meaningful wins come on his home turf? When he stepped up and fought Hearns who wasn't even at near his best weight he flopped.

I agree, if he beats Dawson he adds some meat to his resume.
Bhopreign
I for one think the Hall of Fame is a hallowed place and should be hard to get in, like baseball's hall is hard to get in. Not every one is blessed with great talent but other attributes should get one in. No matter how talented he was, not sure Terry Norris should be in, but there are a slew of guys who dont deserve to be in.

Vernon Forrest - No, not enough good names on his ledger.

Virgil Hill - Iffy, mostly just on winning the title multiple times and his defenses, but he really didnt beat anyone noteworthy. Actually his resume is similar to Hopkins if you takes Hopkins big names off which were guys smaller than him.

Arturo Gatti - No, not enough good names.

Jose Luis Castillo - Yes but maybe not first ballot. Prime years kinda short but you cant excuse the names he beat however razor thin some of the decisions were. Stevie Johnston razer thin, without mouthpiece fiasco he beats Corrales twice it seems, made the strongest case to date against Mayweather. Only true loss in prime was to Floyd in second fight.

Diego Corrales - No, very talented fighter but just not convincing enough on paper.

Vitaly Klitschko - No

Riddick Bowe - No had the talent to, but his reign wasnt long enough.

Antonio Margarito - No as of right now.

Antonio Tarver - No as of right now. Yes he beat Jones convincingly the third time, but too much is given to one punch KO's. Arguably any fighter on any given night can land that magic punch.

Ricky Hatton - No, Not many good names on resume.
EpTXCHAMP

Vernon Forrest 60/40 yes

Virgil Hill 50/50

Arturo Gatti nope

Jose Luis Castillo nope

Diego Corrales tough one

Vitaly Klitschko nope

Riddick Bowe....maybe

Antonio Margarito, not as of now needs a better resume

Antonio Tarver if he beats dawson

Ricky Hatton: Nope needs at least two more solid wins paulie and someone else
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.