Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jones-Calzaghe/Hopkins-Pavlik
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JaRaNDa
With both these fights coming up fairly soon got me thinking about a possible showdown between the winners. With recent discussion over the apparent offers being offered and denied between Pavlik-Calzaghe made me wonder how both these fighters should be concentrating on facing these HOF boxers, rather than having words exchanged with eachother!
So my question is who do you think well win each fight and who you think would win if both winners face eachother??
Would we see a rematch between Jones-Hopkins?? or a fight between Calzaghe-Pavlik?

Jones-Calzaghe = Calzaghe 11TKO or clear UD
Hopkins-Pavlik = Hopkins by close UD!

Hopkins-Calzaghe II dntknw.gif ??
Either way I see Calzaghe coming up on top!
1zz
Time will catch up with Hopkins via a Pavlik 5th round TKO.

Calzaghe via split decision.
JD
Calzaghe and Pavlik by decision.

Calzaghe by decision because Jones has no legs left and Roy will go to the ropes which will allow Calzaghe to back him up and flurry when he wants to.

Pavlik by decision because Hopkins can still lower a guy's work rate, but he cannot pull the trigger like he used to, nor can he sustain a consistent work rate over 12 himself.
D-MARV
Im going with the two "Whiteboys" by decision!!!!

Ill be pulling for the "Brothas" though!
BigG
I'm undecided on Pavlik-Hopkins...I see it being a controversial decision.

Calsalppy by 8-4/7-5 over Roy.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Sep 20 2008, 07:59 PM) [snapback]404804[/snapback]
Im going with the two "Whiteboys" by decision!!!!
Ill be pulling for the "Brothas" though!

RACIST!

Wouldn't it be funny if we had another Campbell-Diaz, Casamayor-Katsidis situation where the old underdogs win and the two younger fighters who were supposed to fight each other after winning still take on each other with an extra L on their record?
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Sep 20 2008, 08:18 PM) [snapback]404808[/snapback]
RACIST!

Wouldn't it be funny if we had another Campbell-Diaz, Casamayor-Katsidis situation where the old underdogs win and the two younger fighters who were supposed to fight each other after winning still take on each other with an extra L on their record?

What would be ironic is that after Nard's infamous 'I don't ever lose to a white boy' quote he goes two zip in succession agaisnt a couple of whiter than white white guys!

Seriously though I pick both Calzaghe and Pavlik for no other reason than they are getting Roy and B-Hop at the right times.

Make no mistake if these match-ups happened in everyone's respective primes my white brothers cop fearful fearful hidings!
The CEO
Calzaghe ain't 100% White though....check him out...he's got dap in his slap and soul in his strut....

BigG
Calzghe's style is so Maussa like...lol....I'll be rooting for Roy.
The CEO
I KNOW that one made you smile, G....lol

and hey....why are we the only ones here..?

I think these matchups go Calzaghe's and Pavlik's way....something like 60/40 they both win....
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Sep 20 2008, 10:18 PM) [snapback]404812[/snapback]
I KNOW that one made you smile, G....lol

and hey....why are we the only ones here..?
I think these matchups go Calzaghe's and Pavlik's way....something like 60/40 they both win....

Hey! I'd forgotten that moment that was funny, he's definately a soul brotha.

The one thing it did remind me of though was just how exhausted Nard looked at times during that fight, it's partly why I'm picking Pav over him, he's like REALLY begun to slow down lately.
BigG
AS much as I am a fan of Bernard...a Kelly win wouldn't bother me because I've grown to like Kelly. Not very fast but very solid all around and a quiet guy. But I think it will be a very difficult fight for him.

I would have LOVED to see Calzgahe in there with a young Hopkins. What a fucking beating that would have been.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 20 2008, 10:35 PM) [snapback]404815[/snapback]
AS much as I am a fan of Bernard...a Kelly win wouldn't bother me because I've grown to like Kelly. Not very fast but very solid all around and a quiet guy. But I think it will be a very difficult fight for him.

I would have LOVED to see Calzgahe in there with a young Hopkins. What a fucking beating that would have been.

It would've been a Trinidad sized beating and Nard would've ruined another career for sure.
slap
QUOTE(JaRaNDa @ Sep 20 2008, 01:21 AM) [snapback]404764[/snapback]
With both these fights coming up fairly soon got me thinking about a possible showdown between the winners. With recent discussion over the apparent offers being offered and denied between Pavlik-Calzaghe made me wonder how both these fighters should be concentrating on facing these HOF boxers, rather than having words exchanged with eachother!
So my question is who do you think well win each fight and who you think would win if both winners face eachother??
Would we see a rematch between Jones-Hopkins?? or a fight between Calzaghe-Pavlik?

Jones-Calzaghe = Calzaghe 11TKO or clear UD
Hopkins-Pavlik = Hopkins by close UD!

Hopkins-Calzaghe II dntknw.gif ??
Either way I see Calzaghe coming up on top!

slap
Look people I haven't been on fighthype n a while but by reading all of your commits I'm glad I'm back. The ? 4 all of u is how in the hell does old ass hopkins beat pavlik if he couldn't beat slap happy joe. The other ? Is I'm pretty sure err body will agree with me the roy has alot more left n the tank than hopkins so if father time can put slap happy on his ass what do u think roy will do 2 him?

RJJ TKO-ROUND9
PAVLIK UD
streetlion1
Calzaghe by decision but I hope Jones can somehow pull off the upset!

Hopkins by decision! Pavlik is tailor made for Hopkins slick defensive style.
Spyder
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 20 2008, 11:35 PM) [snapback]404815[/snapback]

I know right...If Calzaghe, even at this advanced age, was too fast for Bernard, imagine if he was 10 years younger!

laugh.gif
caneman
QUOTE(Spyder @ Sep 22 2008, 01:46 PM) [snapback]404913[/snapback]
I know right...If Calzaghe, even at this advanced age, was too fast for Bernard, imagine if he was 10 years younger!

laugh.gif

You mean like this Hopkins about 10 years ago? pffffffffffffft! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvWYEnLvmQ4&fmt=18

Anyhow Pavlik by UD & same for Calslappy by the same!
King Eugene
I'm picking Jones over Joe. Call me crazy if you want but I dont see that as an upset. And as time goes by more and more people aren't seeing it as an upset too. Hopefully Jones wont lay on the ropes too much (cause eventually he will) and end up hurting Jone enough to stop him. But if Joe gets in rythem like he eventually did against Hopkins, my good ole Roy may be in trouble.

As far as Hopkins and Pavlick, I hope to God Hopkins exposes him. And if he does I think his last fights should either be with Tito or Roy and if not then retire!
BigG
QUOTE(Spyder @ Sep 22 2008, 05:46 PM) [snapback]404913[/snapback]

laugh.gif

Calzaghe was still still the winging Maussa like slapsman 10 years ago haha.gif

JonnyBlaze
No matter what weight B-Hop fights at,he will always have power in his straight right..He has mastered the straight right in every way..He can throw it short or long..He can throw it wide and perfectly crisp..I think B-Hop has one of the best straight rights in boxing even now..He knows how and when to throw it..I wouldn't hold anything against any fighter who would fall from it..B-Hop knows when you're the least bit off balance and finds the home for the straight right and puts ya down..People could be waiting for it when he finally throws it,it'd still be a surprise..
King Eugene
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Sep 22 2008, 08:46 PM) [snapback]404940[/snapback]
No matter what weight B-Hop fights at,he will always have power in his straight right..He has mastered the straight right in every way..He can throw it short or long..He can throw it wide and perfectly crisp..I think B-Hop has one of the best straight rights in boxing even now..He knows how and when to throw it..I wouldn't hold anything against any fighter who would fall from it..B-Hop knows when you're the least bit off balance and finds the home for the straight right and puts ya down..People could be waiting for it when he finally throws it,it'd still be a surprise..

And if that straight right hand dont get you the charging head butt sure as hell will. LMAO...just ask Winky!
slap
QUOTE(3King3 @ Sep 22 2008, 08:04 PM) [snapback]404945[/snapback]
And if that straight right hand dont get you the charging head butt sure as hell will. LMAO...just ask Winky!

LMAO yeah u a funny dude but you've gotta point
slap
QUOTE(3King3 @ Sep 22 2008, 08:04 PM) [snapback]404945[/snapback]

LMAO yeah u a funny dude but you've gotta point
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.