Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Forrest Griffin
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
BigG
Okay, I dont hate the guy at all but he has to be the worst champion I've seen below Heavyweight. Hes not a bad fighter but also not one of the better champions. I think the guy was fortunate Rampage came in out of shape and soft and I still had Rampage winning 3-2. Forrest was rocked against Rampage everytime Rampage hit him. What do you think
Douchebag
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 21 2008, 06:29 AM) [snapback]404827[/snapback]
Okay, I dont hate the guy at all but he has to be the worst champion I've seen below Heavyweight. Hes not a bad fighter but also not one of the better champions. I think the guy was fortunate Rampage came in out of shape and soft and I still had Rampage winning 3-2. Forrest was rocked against Rampage everytime Rampage hit him. What do you think

Didn't see the fight because I don't order UFC events but on paper Forest should not have won that fight.
The CEO
I had Forrest winning that fight...he really was the more active of the two....plus he broke Rampage DOWN in that one early round (10-8)....Jackson was favoring his thigh as if it was broken.....
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 21 2008, 10:29 AM) [snapback]404827[/snapback]

What makes him so bad? His heart & desire showing in every fight he has had? His never say die attitude? His ability to stage comebacks when hurt & his willingness to fight anyone. Rampage lost that fight 3-2 & defiantly lost one of the rounds 10-8. So what if he rocked Forrest, Forrest is rocked by every second punch he takes but still manages to win.
AussieLad
Rampage lost the fight plain and simple.

As to how long Forrest can hold on to the belt, well thats another kettle of fish altogether. I wouldnt be shocked to see him lose in in his next fight, i assume that its going to be Rashad who gets the next crack at the title
BigG
Forrest did not clearly win rounds 1, 3 and 4 I gave those to Rampage. Round 2 was 10-8.

Forrest is a good fighter and I admire his heart but I am SURE he will lose if he gives Rampage a rematch. But what I mean is he ain't really on par with the rest of the champs.

And Forrest losing his title quick wont be a surprise at all...seems like every champ in the UFC losses his belt in his 2nd or 3rd defense.

STEVENSKI
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 22 2008, 09:04 AM) [snapback]404885[/snapback]
Forrest did not clearly win rounds 1, 3 and 4 I gave those to Rampage. Round 2 was 10-8.

Forrest is a good fighter and I admire his heart but I am SURE he will lose if he gives Rampage a rematch. But what I mean is he ain't really on par with the rest of the champs.

And Forrest losing his title quick wont be a surprise at all...seems like every champ in the UFC losses his belt in his 2nd or 3rd defense.

The reason fighters tend to lose their title after a couple of defenses is two reasons.

A much more varied style of fighting is presented & you cannot be a master of everything.

Fighters are forced to fight the top contender unlike in boxing where you can fights patsy after patsy whilst avoiding the top contenders.

That said Zab should look at MMA as he never managed to be a champion for more than a couple of defenses so I am sure he would fit right in.
King Eugene
Me along with a lot of other folks felt Forrest lost but the Judges gave it to him. Aint nothing we can do but talk about it now. He isn't consistant and will definitely lose to Evans! WATCH!!!
BigG
That's true STEVENSKI Forrest will most likely lose his next fight against Rashad Evans.
STEVENSKI
I think it is a toss up to be honest. Evans is a good front runner but I have never seen him have to dig deep. Some fighters just don't have it in them when the going gets tough.
BigG
If Forrest wins, I'll give him almighty props and put him in the P4P list.
AussieLad
Well no-one rates ortiz as a contender any longer, and he beat rashad fairly handily IMO, despite the official draw because of the point deduction.

Rashad isnt the 2nd coming. He has the potential to beat griffin, but its by no means a certainty. Griffins ground game is solid, and his kicking game is better. It will depend on what advantage rashad can get from his hands, because if he exploits the kicks and takes forrest down then their ground game cancel each other out

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.