Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zab recently said he's moving down to 140
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
BigG
And he wants Hatton. Thoughts? Apparently the two met during the Marquez-Casa fight.

I think only Timothy Bradley beats Zab Judah at this point at that weight. The rest get KO'd...

Judah has been on a losing streak but theres NO SHAME in losing to Cotto and Mayweather who are both top P4Pers. And Clottey was just too big for him.
D-MARV
Zab is still a very good fighter! He should Fight the Malignaggi-Hatton Winner at MSG! both fights would be huge!
EpTXCHAMP
hatton vs zab would be better because hatton will exchange with zab compared to paulie who will run lol

but finally zab using his head the only fighter i'd like zab to fight at 147 is berto everyone else i think would be too much
Mean Mister Mustard
Gppd for him. I think anyone at 140 still has a good shot of beating him ( It's Zab after all) but he has better chances in that weight of actually beating the top guys.
slap
Yes yes yes its about time I have been saying this 4ever now he should have done this a year r 2 ago now all he has 2 do is switch trainers and he's good zab is still marketable n he's lost 2 some good fighters I had him winning the clotty fight n he can beat a lot of fighters at 140 with the right trainer I see zab doing big things at 140
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Zab going down to 140?

This can't be true because G. Leon said it will never happen and you know he's the most connected man in boxing!
streetlion1
It would be a smart move. He is still very good and would be king at 140.
STEVENSKI
Zab is a bum. Hatton would maul him. Remeber how he looked after the Cotto drubbing. That is how it will be.
BigG
Hatton is not even in Cotto's class.
streetlion1
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 21 2008, 08:04 PM) [snapback]404861[/snapback]
Hatton is not even in Cotto's class.

Thank You!!!

Hatton gets destroyed by Zab if they fight.
BigG
Hatton is smaller, easier to hit, and less skilled than Mayweather, Cotto, and Clottey. Zab has a good chance to KO Hatton.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Sep 21 2008, 09:02 PM) [snapback]404860[/snapback]
Zab is a bum. Hatton would maul him. Remeber how he looked after the Cotto drubbing. That is how it will be.

Zab may be a bum but I tell you Hatton is shot. All them burgers and beers have taken their toll. I think Paulie will beat him (I can't believe I just said that!)
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Sep 21 2008, 05:49 PM) [snapback]404850[/snapback]
Zab going down to 140?

This can't be true because G. Leon said it will never happen and you know he's the most connected man in boxing!

lol

but on a serious note is this true? Ive been reading this all over sites even read that he's already talked to golden boy bout getting paulie or hatton?

I like paulie over hatton too but If this is true ill be cheering for hatton because it'll be an easier fight for zab
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 21 2008, 10:07 AM) [snapback]404837[/snapback]
And he wants Hatton. Thoughts? Apparently the two met during the Marquez-Casa fight.

I think only Timothy Bradley beats Zab Judah at this point at that weight. The rest get KO'd...

Judah has been on a losing streak but theres NO SHAME in losing to Cotto and Mayweather who are both top P4Pers. And Clottey was just too big for him.

What about Baldimir??
kidbazooka1
Unlike most here I think Zab is done he's a 6 rd fighter now if he doesn't get you by then he will fold.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Sep 21 2008, 11:59 PM) [snapback]404874[/snapback]
Unlike most here I think Zab is done he's a 6 rd fighter now if he doesn't get you by then he will fold.

I kinda agree..Zab has had his ass beat too many times lately..I really like Zab and he has given a lot of great fights..I don't think he would beat Hatton or Malignaggi or Bradley..All those guys would be there at round 12 if they don't knock Zab out earlier(not Malignaggi though),they'd win a UD..I like when Zab tries to pace himself more instead of explode early and collapse later..The Clottey fight was a impressive loss for him and I liked his pace in the fight..He hadn't looked soo good in awhile..Zab is a amazing boxer when he boxes,he just needs to do it more and not try to get a KO..If he can bring back his old self like in the second Corey Spinks fight,I see a lot of people having major problems with him and I'd also see Zab getting some belts back..I think Zab needs to retire soon if he can't find his way back to his old self..
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
I think Zab beats Paulie because like Spinks Paulie can't hurt Zab. Against guys who can't hurt him he does OK. It's dem big bombs on dat glass jaw which discourages him.
BigG
Hatton on the other hand really has no defense for Zab's uppercut. He would be running into it all night. Clottey is big..was 172 pounds on fight night or something like that. And Clottey has a very tight guard like Winky Wright. Maybe Hatton can win if he gets to the late rounds but I still think Zab can beat him. He might the only big name fighter Zab can beat at this point.

Paulie as much as I love is MADE for Zab.
KookedKrack
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Sep 22 2008, 04:29 AM) [snapback]404883[/snapback]
I think Zab beats Paulie because like Spinks Paulie can't hurt Zab. Against guys who can't hurt him he does OK. It's dem big bombs on dat glass jaw which discourages him.

his only ko losses are to tszyu and cotto i dont think his chin is as bad as its made out to seem im not saying its good but just not THAT bad
King Eugene
This is a good move for Zab...I dont really see anyone giving him problems at all at 140. As long as he gets rid of that 6rd reputation he'll be alright.

Hell give me Zab vs. Pac Man!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(3King3 @ Sep 22 2008, 07:28 PM) [snapback]404932[/snapback]
This is a good move for Zab...I dont really see anyone giving him problems at all at 140. As long as he gets rid of that 6rd reputation he'll be alright.

Hell give me Zab vs. Pac Man!

If Zab can go 12 hard rounds,I think Zab/Pac-man would be one of the most entertaining fights out there right now..Southpaw vs. southpaw..Zab has the boxing skill advantage and Pac-man is just a insane hurricane..I never thought about that fight but now that Pac-man is movin up,he probably should of done a Zab fight before DLH soo he can atleast get used to 140 before 147..Pac-man is taking to far of a leap in jumping divisions for DLH..
STEVENSKI
Why do people actually think Zab can do something. All he has shown is he knows how to become distracted & lose every big fight he has had. The perennial loser personified.
King Eugene
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Sep 22 2008, 08:42 PM) [snapback]404936[/snapback]
If Zab can go 12 hard rounds,I think Zab/Pac-man would be one of the most entertaining fights out there right now..Southpaw vs. southpaw..Zab has the boxing skill advantage and Pac-man is just a insane hurricane..I never thought about that fight but now that Pac-man is movin up,he probably should of done a Zab fight before DLH soo he can atleast get used to 140 before 147..Pac-man is taking to far of a leap in jumping divisions for DLH..

Yea Pac Man is making too big of a leap. His heart is bigger than his skill in this instance.

But a Pac Man vs. Judah fight would have been a huge fight plus a good "get my feet wet first" type of fight for 140-147. If Zab could stay at it for 12 rounds I'd definitely pick him but as of now I'd have to give the edge to Pac Man, maybe even by late stoppage!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Sep 22 2008, 07:44 PM) [snapback]404938[/snapback]
Why do people actually think Zab can do something. All he has shown is he knows how to become distracted & lose every big fight he has had. The perennial loser personified.

I agree with ya for the most part..Although the Zab we've seen in the past has shown focus and the ability to go 12..If he can get back to those old ways,he is a major threat to everyone..

A Zab/Pac-man fight is a hard fight to call..There would be soo much speed in the ring it'd be nuts..I don't know how I'd see that fight playing out..It's too hard to call if ya look at it like Pac-man now and prime Zab..Zab does have a lot of skill and in my opinion he has some of the best footwork we've seen in the last 10 years..Definitely top 5 in footwork in my opinion..He just needs to be able to go 12 hard rounds and obviously train harder(goes along with going 12 rounds) and be a lot more focused..
BigG
I'd love to see Pacman/Zab at 140! That would be crazy...Zab definitely the edge in power and maybe in speed but Pacquiao has stamina for days.
King Eugene
Well if it ever happens remember "ME" 3King3 said it first. Pac Man vs. Zab in either late 09 or early 2010. Only if Zab can win two credible fights at 140 and Pac Man doesn't lose besides the ODLH fight.

Hell we all know no matter what Zab is going to get that big fight.
STEVENSKI
I think Zab vs Pac would be entertaining at 140 & may result in a KO win for Judah (small chance but his only one). The most likely scenario is Pac delivering a beating to Judah though. Zab seems to rely almost totally on his lead left uppercut & hook. To beat a fighter as tough & fast as Pac you need versatility like JMM.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(3King3 @ Sep 22 2008, 07:11 PM) [snapback]404946[/snapback]
Hell we all know no matter what Zab is going to get that big fight.

lol if he loses to pac he'll prob land a fight with DLH next haha

man I wish hype could get zab on here cuz all these other sites just post rumors and g leon is slacking so looks like we cant hear about this possible move to 140 from super judah himself
King Eugene
But if Pac cant manage to hurt him its a wrap! He will beat Pac down. But most likely scenario he'll end up wearing Judah down with his stamina. Judah has the ability to hurt any fighter and has hurt them all at some point in their fight. I believe if he hurts Pac Man he finishes Pac Man.
King Eugene
QUOTE(EpTXCHAMP @ Sep 22 2008, 09:47 PM) [snapback]404960[/snapback]
lol if he loses to pac he'll prob land a fight with DLH next haha

Hell if he loses he should finish his career on Wednesday night fights and do a retirement fight with Emanuel Agustus
D-MARV
I think Zab Kos PacMAn within 6
BigG
Of course Pacquiao and Marquez are way better than Zab P4P...but IF Pacquiao moves up to 140 to fight Judah, he might get KOd. Remember Judah has been fighting monsters at Welterweight (Clottey and Cotto). Against Pacquiao, HE would be the bigger man with equal speed and more power and well know Pacquiao is hittable. But with Zab, you're probably only getting 7 good rounds before he gas out.
King Eugene
I'd pick Zab over Pac before I picked him over Marquez
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 22 2008, 08:01 PM) [snapback]404968[/snapback]
Of course Pacquiao and Marquez are way better than Zab P4P...but IF Pacquiao moves up to 140 to fight Judah, he might get KOd. Remember Judah has been fighting monsters at Welterweight (Clottey and Cotto). Against Pacquiao, HE would be the bigger man with equal speed and more power and well know Pacquiao is hittable. But with Zab, you're probably only getting 7 good rounds before he gas out.

true it would be a nice change to see zab as the bigger fighter. If zab paces himself like he did against clottey I like his chances. If its five round zab that shows up its pac by UD
King Eugene
QUOTE(EpTXCHAMP @ Sep 22 2008, 11:10 PM) [snapback]404989[/snapback]
true it would be a nice change to see zab as the bigger fighter. If zab paces himself like he did against clottey I like his chances. If its five round zab that shows up its pac by UD

I agree with that.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(3King3 @ Sep 22 2008, 08:50 PM) [snapback]404962[/snapback]
I believe if he hurts Pac Man he finishes Pac Man.

I don't know about that..Pac-man is a warrior..
King Eugene
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Sep 22 2008, 11:32 PM) [snapback]404995[/snapback]
I don't know about that..Pac-man is a warrior..

Yea but Judah has been known to be a pretty good finisher though.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(3King3 @ Sep 22 2008, 10:43 PM) [snapback]405000[/snapback]
Yea but Judah has been known to be a pretty good finisher though.

No doubt man..Zab is a amazing finisher..Have you seen the second Cory Spinks fight??He almost bends Spinks in half for real,then he finishes him..If Zab hurts you,the end could be really close..I think Pac-man would be a really tough guy to finish though..
King Eugene
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Sep 22 2008, 11:54 PM) [snapback]405003[/snapback]
No doubt man..Zab is a amazing finisher..Have you seen the second Cory Spinks fight??He almost bends Spinks in half for real,then he finishes him..If Zab hurts you,the end could be really close..I think Pac-man would be a really tough guy to finish though..

Yea I seen the Cory Spinks fight. He damn near dismantled him. LOL Hell he was beating him so bad he even asked the referee to stop the fight and Cory Spinks corner thanked Zab after the fight for trying to get them to stop the fight. I remember that fight plain as day. LOL Hell they even show highlights of that fight on Don Kings website.

The real funny part about it is, how Spinks comes out with Nelly doing his dance and the whole nine, then gets stopped in nine. LMAO
BigG
As much as I hate to say it Zab is WASTEFD TALENT so far.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(3King3 @ Sep 22 2008, 10:03 PM) [snapback]405004[/snapback]
Yea I seen the Cory Spinks fight. He damn near dismantled him. LOL Hell he was beating him so bad he even asked the referee to stop the fight and Cory Spinks corner thanked Zab after the fight for trying to get them to stop the fight. I remember that fight plain as day. LOL Hell they even show highlights of that fight on Don Kings website.

The real funny part about it is, how Spinks comes out with Nelly doing his dance and the whole nine, then gets stopped in nine. LMAO

lol can we leave here!! lol yup spinks left in 9

assuming zab fights paulie/hatton winner u think pac would take another fight after dlh or rest up and see who prevails cuz earliest I see zab fighting against paulie or hatton is feb to march 09
King Eugene
QUOTE(EpTXCHAMP @ Sep 23 2008, 12:36 AM) [snapback]405006[/snapback]
lol can we leave here!! lol yup spinks left in 9

LMAO

QUOTE(EpTXCHAMP @ Sep 23 2008, 12:36 AM) [snapback]405006[/snapback]
assuming zab fights paulie/hatton winner u think pac would take another fight after dlh or rest up and see who prevails cuz earliest I see zab fighting against paulie or hatton is feb to march 09

I think if it was possible it would be late 09 or early 2010
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 22 2008, 10:13 PM) [snapback]405005[/snapback]
As much as I hate to say it Zab is WASTEFD TALENT so far.

yea it hurts man but its true. Kid was praised golden gloves champ from new york but didnt even make the olympic team.
becomes undisputed champ then loses to baldomir just has all the talent fighters would kill for yet he hasnt used it right

I mean pernell with power was wat we were suppose to get! a for sure hall of famer but we didnt. maybe zab could get into the hall still if he bounces back and I mean bounces back BIG but mos def as of now a waste of talent
BigG
Zab is 30 so he still has a few more years and moving down to 140 was the right thing to do. I'd like to see him in a tune up though.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 23 2008, 12:35 AM) [snapback]405010[/snapback]
Zab is 30 so he still has a few more years and moving down to 140 was the right thing to do. I'd like to see him in a tune up though.

Zab needs more tune ups..Also,he may be 30 but he is already wayy past his prime..I always thought it was really weird how he is only 30 but almost seems like he is a done fighter..After the Floyd fight I thought he should of hung up the gloves even though he didn't look extremely bad..Hell he even stunned Floyd in the fight early on..Zab is such a weird case in boxing..I agree with ya Biggeorge about him being wasted talent..He has soo much skill but really doesn't improve his conditioning which he even knows is what is making him lose..The Clottey fight helped bring new light on Zab since he showed he was able to go the distance and be competitive..A win would of been better but he showed something he hadn't been and hadn't been able to do in awhile..Zab needs to know hes a boxer and that boxing is what he does best..He is just scarred to run outta gas soo he goes all out and then gets tired if the guy is still there,then loses..
JonnyBlaze
Also,Zab can be really smart in the ring but lately he has been dumb,besides the Clottey fight..He needs to re-watch his fights and see for himself what worked for him in fights..His agressiveness is very effective,only when it is controlled agression..When he goes crazy,he either gets caught or gets out boxed..Zab should not be getting out boxed unless its someone like Floyd..
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Sep 22 2008, 11:58 PM) [snapback]405011[/snapback]
Zab needs more tune ups..Also,he may be 30 but he is already wayy past his prime..I always thought it was really weird how he is only 30 but almost seems like he is a done fighter..After the Floyd fight I thought he should of hung up the gloves even though he didn't look extremely bad..Hell he even stunned Floyd in the fight early on..Zab is such a weird case in boxing..I agree with ya Biggeorge about him being wasted talent..He has soo much skill but really doesn't improve his conditioning which he even knows is what is making him lose..The Clottey fight helped bring new light on Zab since he showed he was able to go the distance and be competitive..A win would of been better but he showed something he hadn't been and hadn't been able to do in awhile..Zab needs to know hes a boxer and that boxing is what he does best..He is just scarred to run outta gas soo he goes all out and then gets tired if the guy is still there,then loses..

I wouldnt say he's done. He may be past his "Prime" but even at thirty he's faster than most if not ALL boxers now that floyd is retired. Anyone else worried that if by some miracle pac beats DLH that pac will stay at 147 which I think would be career suicide?

I mean fighting a washed up DLH is different than a prime cotto or margs. lets hope everything falls into place and pac loses and goes down to fight marquez again or zab
buford54
Zab got knocked down a lot easier at 140. He was on his tail a few times, before Kostya royally dropped him. As long as he's fighting Paulie, he'll be fine at 140.
1zz
He needs to move the dryer because he is completely washed up!

Stupor Judah lol
Vodoo
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 21 2008, 10:07 AM) [snapback]404837[/snapback]

Unless you can provide a source, I'm calling bullshit on this one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.