Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mosley vs. Mayorga: Previews and Predictions
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
Does anyone see this match as little more than a given win for Shane? My view is that this fight can be easily seen as a mismatch. Mayorga's only chance to win is to catch Shane with a wild man bull-rush within the first three rounds, than capitalize on it. But I think Mayorga's all hype and little fight. Everyone thought he was the next thing when he beat Forrest twice, especially the first time. The losing battle with Trinidad was thrilling. I don't put much faith in the Vargas win btw. Yes, it was a good fight, but big in name only. The reason being that Fernando was more shot than Ricardo is. It now appears that Mayo can't win big anymore. It would be fun if he does. But it would also be a fluke if it happens.

This fight is an easy beat-down for Mosley, as long as he is careful in the fist 3 rounds where Mayorga is dangerous. After that, it will be like taking candy from a baby and a one-sided beating.

Mosley TKO 8

Jack
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
This fight could be interesting. Mayorga is coming off a big win over Vargas, where he dropped and hurt the bigger man. Mayorga should be in shape for this too, since it's at 154, which isn't Shane's best weight. However, I think his speed will be the key factor in this fight. Mosley was able to compete with Cotto in his last fight. Those skills will give him a huge advantage, but Mayorga does have heavy hands. IF he can stay somewhat disciplined and catch Shane it will affect the fight. We'll see how much these guys have left on Saturday. I expect an exciting fight with Mosley winning a clear unanimous decision.
King Eugene
Yea I dont see Mosley stopping Mayorga unless its in the later rounds after wearing him down. I'm going with Mosley wide UD.
BigG
Mosley by TKO
rusty_trombone
Mosley by stoppage. Mayorga is going to eat just as much leather as he did from DLH, maybe more. This is going to be brutal. ut I guess Mayorga is used to getting his ass beat by know.
D-MARV
Mosley Via 9th round TKO
Too much Speed and Skill!
gods son
Mayorga's game plan will be go for broke and try to land that KO shot..shane is too smart and will put a beat down.

JonnyBlaze
Mosley KO in 8..I see Mosley murdering Mayorga up the middle while Mayorga is swinging his wild wide punches..Also,I gotta add,Mayorga is in top 5 P4P ever most wide punches..hahaha..His punches start from behing his back..I like Mayorga's personality outside the ring and he has given us all plenty of laughs..If any boxer can pull off drinking and smoking,it's him..You all know I am anti anything bad for you when your a boxer(just my opinion)..I bet the cigs are getting to him these days though..hahaha..He once said he smokes like 3 packs a day or somethin or did..Just makin it easier for Mosley..
BigG
but I can't lie...I'm excited to watch Mayorga fight
kidbazooka1
This is gonna be a fun one. I see Mosley picking Mayo apart to take a decision but if Mosley has slipped big time since the Cotto fight I give Mayo a good chance at a stoppage.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 23 2008, 11:48 PM) [snapback]405111[/snapback]
but I can't lie...I'm excited to watch Mayorga fight

Me too dude..Me and all my guys are all Mayorga fans..He is one hell of a entertainer!!
JD
Ok...well...chalk me up as the one that expects a tough, close fight and who thinks Mayorga is live in there.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(JD @ Sep 24 2008, 09:18 PM) [snapback]405168[/snapback]
Ok...well...chalk me up as the one that expects a tough, close fight and who thinks Mayorga is live in there.

I think Mayorga is live too. However, i do think Mosely will win by TKO in about the 8th. I see this as a slugfest. Both guys will be swinging for the fence...
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Mayo to be mayo-naise by round 8 or quicker.

And then watch the drums start beating for Marg-Mosley, a fight I do give Shane a chance in but ONLY if he remembers he's the boxer in there, not the brawler.

I like Ricardo though and hope to see him somewhere down the line because let's face it he's funny as hell.

King Eugene
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Sep 25 2008, 12:36 AM) [snapback]405178[/snapback]
Mayo to be mayo-naise by round 8 or quicker.

LMAO

Mayo will always entertain!

Mosley will go on to beat Marg too but if he doesn't it will be by a razor thin split decision.
BigG
QUOTE(JD @ Sep 25 2008, 01:18 AM) [snapback]405168[/snapback]

I think this has mismatch written all over it. It'll be a good fight while it lasts.
JD
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 25 2008, 02:02 AM) [snapback]405182[/snapback]
I think this has mismatch written all over it. It'll be a good fight while it lasts.

You think it is a mismatch that will be a good fight. LOL...ok.

Mosley likes to stand and fight more than he should against this guy, and I will tell you - to me, Mayorga looks like he actually took this fight seriously. He looks lean, his face looks lean...he looks focused...his handspeed looks good...he has been quiet. I think Mosley is going to have his hands full more than people think.

Does it mean I am picking Mayorga? No. But it means I think this is going to be a tough fight for Mosley and I actually think Mayo is live in there.

Maybe I am in leftfield with this shit...who knows, but I think this is going to be a good fight. I also think that the odds makers are nuts at -900, +600, that is good value in my opinion.
The CEO
I'm with those who are thinking Mayorga will be live....I didn't think so at first....but after watching his open workouts, I've changed my mind.....JD really says it all above....he looks really lean and focused....he's not talking extra shit....

I'm still picking Mosley to win ofcourse....but it COULD get really hairy in there for him if he decides to stay toe to toe with Mayorga for extended periods in the first half of the fight....
BigG
You think it is a mismatch that will be a good fight. LOL...ok.

It's not possible for Mayorga to be a bad fight. Tito-Mayorga was very one-sided but entertaining. (as well as DLH-Mayorga)
JD
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 25 2008, 09:50 AM) [snapback]405196[/snapback]
It's not possible for Mayorga to be a bad fight. Tito-Mayorga was very one-sided but entertaining. (as well as DLH-Mayorga)

So you think it will be an entertaining fight.

When someone tells me "this is a GOOD fight", I think competitiveness...not entertainment. I understand what you were going for though.
BigG
JD man you've been right in some of your predictions lately and I really hope your right and Mayorga will give Shane alot of scares. But Mayorga hasn't been the same since moving up to fight Tito, IMO. He was freakishly strong at Welterweight.
Big Slim Sweet
Mayo looks to have taken this fight seriously but he still should be no match for Shane after the first few rounds. Don't think Mosley can knock him out clean but I could see him putting it on Mayo's body and forcing a mid-late rounds stoppage that way.

Mosley TKO 9 has been my pick from the start and I'll stick with it.
JD
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 25 2008, 10:47 AM) [snapback]405200[/snapback]
JD man you've been right in some of your predictions lately and I really hope your right and Mayorga will give Shane alot of scares. But Mayorga hasn't been the same since moving up to fight Tito, IMO. He was freakishly strong at Welterweight.

I am not sure how much of a scare he will or won't put into Mosley, but I think he will make him work in there.

Call me nuts, but I really think Mayorga views this as a last chance and he looks to be in very good shape, plus, I do not like Mosley at 154. I look back at the success Vargas had in their first fight at 154 where Mosley was all too willing to sit on the inside and trade shots, as well as allow Vargas to come forward and fight his fight...I expect something similar here. Mosley has the fighters heart, and he wants get down and dirty in there, which I am not sure I like against Mayorga.

I see a 115-113 type of fight here, and I think Mayorga is going to force Mosley to make some adjustments in there and work the entire time.
Vodoo
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 25 2008, 08:50 AM) [snapback]405196[/snapback]
Oh yeah? Try sitting through Mayorga-Forrest II if you dare.

Anyway, I have to say a fight I thought would be a mismatch is actually starting to worry me as a Shane fan. Mayorga does seem to take this fight seriously and even if he has been a perpetual loser in most of his big ones, I think style wise he might have a very good chance against Shane.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(JD @ Sep 25 2008, 10:16 AM) [snapback]405202[/snapback]
I see a 115-113 type of fight here, and I think Mayorga is going to force Mosley to make some adjustments in there and work the entire time.

That's the craziest predictions I've heard so far..You think Mayorga can win that many rounds fighting a smart fighter??I see Mosley eatting him up,not as bad a DLH did but still pretty good..All Mayorga does is wing wide shots that are bombs soo I don't see Mosley adjusting anything..Remember,Mosley and DLH are good friends..If Mosley didn't already know,he knows now how easy it can be to beat Mayorga with the right game plan..

I liked his fight with Vargas and always wanted to see that fight but both of them had low skill level..Vargas had a edge in skill though but his conditioning sucks in my opinion(these days)..Also,he hasn't been the same since the roids fucked his body up..It was a really entertaining fight and one of my favorite Mayorga fights..They both wanted the win bad..
JonnyBlaze
I do gotta admit that Mayorga could pose problems for people since his punches come at angles most fighters aren't used to..
BigG
I'd give Vargas more credit than calling him a low skill level fighter. He had awesome talent before Tito ruined him. He beat Winky and Quartey
JD
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Sep 25 2008, 10:57 PM) [snapback]405248[/snapback]
That's the craziest predictions I've heard so far..You think Mayorga can win that many rounds fighting a smart fighter??I see Mosley eatting him up,not as bad a DLH did but still pretty good..All Mayorga does is wing wide shots that are bombs soo I don't see Mosley adjusting anything..Remember,Mosley and DLH are good friends..If Mosley didn't already know,he knows now how easy it can be to beat Mayorga with the right game plan..

I liked his fight with Vargas and always wanted to see that fight but both of them had low skill level..Vargas had a edge in skill though but his conditioning sucks in my opinion(these days)..Also,he hasn't been the same since the roids fucked his body up..It was a really entertaining fight and one of my favorite Mayorga fights..They both wanted the win bad..

Yes. I do think he can win 5 rounds on aggression.

A shot, legless Vargas won half his rounds against Mosley the first time they fought...I do not like Mosley at 154, and I really think Mayorga looks better than I have seen him in a long time...and believe me, I am far from impressed by Mayorga.

Mosley has too much fighter in him to just box all night, and I expect Mayorga's physicality to bother Sugar Shane.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(JD @ Sep 25 2008, 10:03 PM) [snapback]405251[/snapback]
Yes. I do think he can win 5 rounds on aggression.

A shot, legless Vargas won half his rounds against Mosley the first time they fought...I do not like Mosley at 154, and I really think Mayorga looks better than I have seen him in a long time...and believe me, I am far from impressed by Mayorga.

Mosley has too much fighter in him to just box all night, and I expect Mayorga's physicality to bother Sugar Shane.

True,Mosley does have a lot of fighter in him and I consider him a fighter/boxer and not a boxer/fighter..Mayorga also impressed me quite a bit in the Vargas fight and showed new things that we'd never seen before from him..Like a jab..hahaha..It also seemed like he tried to set his punches up alittle bit and not just wing away and hope..He actually tried to shorten his punches some and not have them so wide like we're used to seeing..

Mayorga/Vargas rounds 2 and 3
Boxingjunkie
Mosley TKO 8.
SorceryatCaesars
Mosley TKO 4
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 25 2008, 09:58 PM) [snapback]405250[/snapback]
I'd give Vargas more credit than calling him a low skill level fighter. He had awesome talent before Tito ruined him. He beat Winky and Quartey

Gotta give Vargas credit for knocking down Tito though while Tito was still undefeated..I heard that the steroids messed up Vargas's back really bad..Don't know how,but thats what I heard..
JonnyBlaze
HAHAHA---Mayorga--"Mosley needs to be at home doing dishes for his wife"
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Fitz @ Sep 26 2008, 04:11 AM) [snapback]405304[/snapback]
How funny would it be if Mayorga upset Mosley and then we have a possible Margarito-Mayorga fight. The fight is years too late and believe they tried to set it up after they had both beaten Lewis.
That fight would have been awesome back then.

hahahaha,That fight would of been too funny..Marg and Mayorga..Mayorga would have to quit smoking cigs all together to fight Margarito..haha..He'd need every extra lung morsale working for him..I still can't believe Mayorga let Trinidad throw 2 bombs on him for the hell of it..Too much pride got him anniliated..It's the shit that he does that though..Then he goes crazy after the person lands the flush shot on him..hahaha..
D-MARV
This will be a fun fight!
JD
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Sep 25 2008, 11:26 PM) [snapback]405254[/snapback]
True,Mosley does have a lot of fighter in him and I consider him a fighter/boxer and not a boxer/fighter..Mayorga also impressed me quite a bit in the Vargas fight and showed new things that we'd never seen before from him..Like a jab..hahaha..It also seemed like he tried to set his punches up alittle bit and not just wing away and hope..He actually tried to shorten his punches some and not have them so wide like we're used to seeing..

Mayorga/Vargas rounds 2 and 3

See Johnny...you are coming around.

This ain't going to be a walk-over.
The CEO
LOL....I'd almost forgotten about Vargas' high and tight mini Michael Dokes gut he was sportin' in that fight....

Words of advice....if you ever see a dude with that kind of gut....bet against him.

JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(JD @ Sep 26 2008, 06:53 AM) [snapback]405321[/snapback]
See Johnny...you are coming around.

This ain't going to be a walk-over.

HAHA..Well I got to thinking about the Vargas fight and he looked better in that fight then he ever has in my opinion..He actually attempted to box some which is insane for Mayorga..He is a changed guy but not completely,he still needs to work on shortening his punches ALOT..His hooks are wayy to wide and his uppercuts come from pretty low..Not gonna lie,I was really impressed in the Vargas fight,I just hope he is re-inventing himself..
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Sep 26 2008, 07:19 AM) [snapback]405322[/snapback]
LOL....I'd almost forgotten about Vargas' high and tight mini Michael Dokes gut he was sportin' in that fight....

Words of advice....if you ever see a dude with that kind of gut....bet against him.

Except if that gut belongs to James Toney.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Sep 26 2008, 08:03 PM) [snapback]405349[/snapback]

Toney doesnt even have a tight stomach,its just round and out there..hahaha..
JonnyBlaze
Same with Arreola..
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Sep 26 2008, 08:04 PM) [snapback]405351[/snapback]
Same with Arreola..

Please, don't mention Arreola and Toney in the same sentence, or even in consecutive posts.

In fact don't even mention Arreola and Tony Tubbs in the same sentence. LOL
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Sep 26 2008, 08:12 PM) [snapback]405355[/snapback]
Please, don't mention Arreola and Toney in the same sentence, or even in consecutive posts.

In fact don't even mention Arreola and Tony Tubbs in the same sentence. LOL

I am talking about stomachs..If ya haven't read my previous posts on Arreola ya would know I really dislike him..Arreola is a bum and his power is overrated..He only KOs people on combos and relentless pressure,not one punch..This is not even the elites he's fighting..I see no elite having any problem with his power AT ALL..Povetkin would smash him,Klitchko would smash him bad,Toney would whoop him with ease,Rahman would even whoop him,Fres Oquendo would whoop him,Sam Peter would whoop him..Must I say anymore??Toney is one of the best ever to step in the ring I gotta add too..
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Sep 26 2008, 08:23 PM) [snapback]405357[/snapback]
I am talking about stomachs..If ya haven't read my previous posts on Arreola ya would know I really dislike him..Arreola is a bum and his power is overrated..He only KOs people on combos and relentless pressure,not one punch..This is not even the elites he's fighting..I see no elite having any problem with his power AT ALL..Povetkin would smash him,Klitchko would smash him bad,Toney would whoop him with ease,Rahman would even whoop him,Fres Oquendo would whoop him,Sam Peter would whoop him..Must I say anymore??Toney is one of the best ever to step in the ring I gotta add too..

Geez Johnny take a chill pill and calm down. I was just joking around dude.
The CEO
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Sep 26 2008, 09:03 PM) [snapback]405349[/snapback]

James Toney would sport a regular gut...I'm talking about the high and tight ones that make the fighter look constipated...like an Elvis Presley gut....lol
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Sep 26 2008, 08:33 PM) [snapback]405359[/snapback]
Geez Johnny take a chill pill and calm down. I was just joking around dude.

I'm just am a Arreola hater man..hahahaha..Wish he'd get KO'd so we can stop hearing about him..

I know the gut you're talkin about C.E.O..Dokes had a crazy lookin gut at one point..hahahaha..
Imperius3
Mosley by TKO 10. He's gonna tear Mayorga's body up.

Some of you are impressed that Mayorga appears to be in shape. That's fine, but Mosley is always in great shape for every fight, and you can bet he can box circles around Mayorga.

Some of you also mentioned the Mayorga-Vargas fight, but did not compare it to Mosley-Vargas. So take a look at what Mosley did to Vargas twice, and then take a look at Mayorga barely getting past Vargas. I'm not saying this is some grand observation, it's just something to think about.

Mosley is the superior fighter and that is what it comes down to. It will be an interesting fight, and I expect Mosley to dominate the first 10 rounds before he stops Mayorga. Mayorga may land a few wild bombs, but Mosley's solid chin won't fail him.

Mosley TKO 10
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Personally I want to see Shane enter the ring wearing a 'fight hype' t-shirt.

Then we could generate a whole new bunch of members to argue with!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Sep 27 2008, 12:20 AM) [snapback]405370[/snapback]
Personally I want to see Shane enter the ring wearing a 'fight hype' t-shirt.

Then we could generate a whole new bunch of members to argue with!

Hahaha..Bring em on!!
gods son
shoot i did not realize this was at 147!!
el matador looked too drained!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.