I'm with Steven. That Hopkins-Oscar fight wasn't kosher.
What's the saying, if it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck? Too much just added up:
1) That Oscar would even agree to the fight when he knew he had virtually ZERO shot at winning.
2) The way Hopkins CLEARLY carried him the first half of the fight.
3) Hopkins telling his corner "This is the round" right before the start of the ninth.
4) The way that liver shot didn't appear to land with NEARLY the same impact as other recent one-punch bodyshot KO's
5) The fact that Oscar was grinning ear to ear in the ring minutes after the fight. "Believe me Larry, I tried to get up."
6) The fact that Oscar made Hopkins a PARTNER in GBP a couple of weeks later...
7) ...And fucked Arum in the ass at the same time.
No, sorry. That's too many "coincidences" for me to accept.
If it's any consolation to anyone here I don't hold it against Hopkins at all. He's probably increased his bankroll ten times over as a result of agreeing to that fight. His choices were basically:
1) Know you can beat Oscar's ass but never get the chance or get paid a cent to do it.
2) Knock him out in a prearranged fight, make 10 million dollars and become his business partner, setting yourself up for a life after fighting.
Good move Hop