Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Beristain will train Oscar
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
PUERTOROCKS
DE LA HOYA ENLISTS IGNACIO "NACHO" BERISTAIN AS TRAINER FOR HIS SHOWDOWN WITH PACQUIAO

With a little over two months to go before his epic showdown with Manny Pacquiao on December 6th at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Oscar de la Hoya has made perhaps the most important decision of his career, bringing in trainer of champions, the legendary Ignacio "Nacho" Beristain, to prepare him for the attack of the "Pac-Man".

read more

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content3475.html

"Read the front page of the website please!" - The Hype
KookedKrack
I don't know if this is a good move or not. I think Sr. is probably the best trainer alive but maybe nacho and Oscar will "click", guess we gotta find out in dec.
PUERTOROCKS
I think it's a ploy to win over the Mexican fans.
streetlion1
I dont think it matters that much who trains Oscar.....Manny is gonna get K.O.ed regardless who it is.

Mayweather Sr. is busy with Hatton right now. DLH doesnt need him to beat Pacman but he'll probably be right back with him soon after.
salvador
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that old Nacho ain't gonna charge as much for his services as Floyd Sr. would. And given the fact that Oscar's a natural jr. mw and Manny's a natural fw, who trains Oscar matters about as much to the outcome of this fight as what color shoe laces Oscar wears.

And I'm not at all sold on the idea that Floyd SR. is the best trainer in the sport. Floyd Sr. didn't teach his son how to be the fastest, most coordinated guy in the sport. And Oscar hasn't looked so great since hiring him either.
JonnyBlaze
I think Nacho will be a really good replacement for Floyd Sr. for DLH..Nacho is a great trainer..
kidbazooka1
Nacho knows Pacqiuao so this was a smart move on the part of DLH.
STEVENSKI
DLH is a scumbag. I can only hope he slips over & hits his head when getting out of the shower & does not get found for a couple of days.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Sep 24 2008, 07:39 PM) [snapback]405160[/snapback]
DLH is a scumbag. I can only hope he slips over & hits his head when getting out of the shower & does not get found for a couple of days.

LOL Stevenski, you weren't kidding about hating more than usual lately. But your comments make me laught out loud. I can imagine that scenario, people look everywhere for DLH, at every gym, every strip club, every buisness room, every lingerie store only to find him butt naked on his bathroom floor.

This move of hiring Beristain is why the media loves DLH. He gives them something to write about leading up to the fight. Every piece, eiter written by a respected boxing writer or by a casual sports magazine writer, will mention the fact that Beristain has trained Marquez against Pac Man twice now and that it will surely play a factor in the fight. DLH sure knows how to create drama out of a circus fight.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Sep 24 2008, 07:39 PM) [snapback]405160[/snapback]

Imagine that scene, Millie walks in to find her husband butt naked except for a pair of fishnets, face down and i would imagine a pool of blood all over. She would be the happiest woman in the world, she wouldn't have to put up with his gay ass anymore and she gets all of his money. I bet she's praying for that.
STEVENSKI
With his big vibrator buzzing it's last buzzes as the energizer fails & his makeup cracking due to dehydration.

I am really starting to develop my hate of DLH & it is flowing beautifully.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Sep 24 2008, 08:45 PM) [snapback]405167[/snapback]
With his big vibrator buzzing it's last buzzes as the energizer fails & his makeup cracking due to dehydration.

I am really starting to develop my hate of DLH & it is flowing beautifully.

Man you're killing me with laughter. LOL!!!
STEVENSKI
They call him golden panties for a good reason. He is generous though as he will always give his PPV customers a free golden shower. Look at some of the great ones he has pissed on the fans with

Taking a dive with Hopkins
Fighting Chavez not once but twice
Gift decisions over countless opponents

His latest is to make the worst fight he could in Pacman.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Sep 24 2008, 08:50 PM) [snapback]405173[/snapback]
They call him golden panties for a good reason. He is generous though as he will always give his PPV customers a free golden shower. Look at some of the great ones he has pissed on the fans with

Taking a dive with Hopkins

His latest is to make the worst fight he could in Pacman.

Taking a dive against Hopkins??Anyone would of been KO'd by that punch..No doubt about it..He hit DLH in the perfect spot and B-Hop is no light hitter..
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Sep 25 2008, 05:45 AM) [snapback]405181[/snapback]
Taking a dive against Hopkins??Anyone would of been KO'd by that punch..No doubt about it..He hit DLH in the perfect spot and B-Hop is no light hitter..

That was one of the biggest dives I have ever seen. Prearranged & a disgrace to the sport. Before the start of that round X's handlers were telling him it's time & X was smiling & nodding after carrying DLH he could now do what had been arranged beforehand & tap him to the liver & get the KO win.

Sorry but that is one of the most shameful things I have seen in the sport even though I won easy money on that fight it was just foul.
BigG
I think DLH quit against Hopkins...
STEVENSKI
Prearranged no doubt. He is smiling like a goon saying "I tried to get up" Sorry you do not smile & make jokes when you have just been taken out by a liver shot.
Fitz
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Sep 25 2008, 11:50 AM) [snapback]405173[/snapback]

That old fart got what he deserved second time around. He asked for it and DLH gave it to him. He wanted DLH to stand in front of him and taunted him about it. Good on the the golden boy. He is lucky DLH didn't put him in a siesta for good.
He has had gift decisions against him also, lol.
Big Slim Sweet
I'm with Steven. That Hopkins-Oscar fight wasn't kosher.

What's the saying, if it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck? Too much just added up:

1) That Oscar would even agree to the fight when he knew he had virtually ZERO shot at winning.
2) The way Hopkins CLEARLY carried him the first half of the fight.
3) Hopkins telling his corner "This is the round" right before the start of the ninth.
4) The way that liver shot didn't appear to land with NEARLY the same impact as other recent one-punch bodyshot KO's
5) The fact that Oscar was grinning ear to ear in the ring minutes after the fight. "Believe me Larry, I tried to get up." fuck.gif
6) The fact that Oscar made Hopkins a PARTNER in GBP a couple of weeks later...
7) ...And fucked Arum in the ass at the same time.

No, sorry. That's too many "coincidences" for me to accept.

If it's any consolation to anyone here I don't hold it against Hopkins at all. He's probably increased his bankroll ten times over as a result of agreeing to that fight. His choices were basically:

1) Know you can beat Oscar's ass but never get the chance or get paid a cent to do it.
2) Knock him out in a prearranged fight, make 10 million dollars and become his business partner, setting yourself up for a life after fighting.

Good move Hop
fuck.gif Oscar
Boxingjunkie
The best thing Oscar could do is get rid of Sr. The guy is a nut job. Has he ever created a top contender? Sr. prices himself out of the fights he knows Oscar cant win that way he can sit back and say "I told you he cant win without me".

Beristain is a proven great trainer. I doubt he could show Oscar anything new but he will definitly have him in shape for this fight unlike his last fight with Sr.
Mean Mister Mustard
Beristain is a real trainer compared to Sr. If DLH would have started out with Beristain he probably would have been a better fighter, maybe not as wealthy but definetly a better tactician.
BigG
Beristein is brilliant one of is pupils, Abner Mares is a future champ.
Chi-Town
QUOTE(Boxingjunkie @ Sep 25 2008, 12:30 PM) [snapback]405206[/snapback]
The best thing Oscar could do is get rid of Sr. The guy is a nut job. Has he ever created a top contender? Sr. prices himself out of the fights he knows Oscar cant win that way he can sit back and say "I told you he cant win without me".

Beristain is a proven great trainer. I doubt he could show Oscar anything new but he will definitly have him in shape for this fight unlike his last fight with Sr.

Some guy named Floyd Mayweather, Jr.

He priced himself out of 1 fight in 11 years of training fighters...I don't think that constitutes present progressive. In other words, you can't call a single occurence a pattern. He's not training Oscar for Pac because he already had a contract with Hatton and both guys refused to train away from home. When asked about it Mayweather said that Oscar won't need him anyway, it will be easy work, the opposite of "He can't win without me."
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Chi-Town @ Sep 25 2008, 09:38 PM) [snapback]405221[/snapback]
He's not training Oscar for Pac because he already had a contract with Hatton and both guys refused to train away from home. When asked about it Mayweather said that Oscar won't need him anyway, it will be easy work, the opposite of "He can't win without me."

I hear crack is real real cheap in the UK. Good move Snr.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Sep 25 2008, 08:31 PM) [snapback]405231[/snapback]

HAHAHA.
Boxingjunkie
QUOTE(Chi-Town @ Sep 25 2008, 04:38 PM) [snapback]405221[/snapback]
Some guy named Floyd Mayweather, Jr.

He priced himself out of 1 fight in 11 years of training fighters...I don't think that constitutes present progressive. In other words, you can't call a single occurence a pattern. He's not training Oscar for Pac because he already had a contract with Hatton and both guys refused to train away from home. When asked about it Mayweather said that Oscar won't need him anyway, it will be easy work, the opposite of "He can't win without me."

He hardly ever trained Jr. That is well known. No doubt he taught him how to box as a kid but that little bit of training isnt enough to creating a world champ. There are lots of kids who learn to box that never become world champs. Roger deserves the credit for that one. Sr. has known for months that Oscar was fighting in Dec long before he signed on with Hatton.

QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Sep 25 2008, 08:31 PM) [snapback]405231[/snapback]

LOL. Thats great.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Boxingjunkie @ Sep 25 2008, 11:25 PM) [snapback]405257[/snapback]
He hardly ever trained Jr. That is well known. No doubt he taught him how to box as a kid but that little bit of training isnt enough to creating a world champ. There are lots of kids who learn to box that never become world champs. Roger deserves the credit for that one. Sr. has known for months that Oscar was fighting in Dec long before he signed on with Hatton.
LOL. Thats great.

I completely disagree..Roger is nothing compared to SR..SR. and Jeff are the best Mayweathers,no doubt(training)..Roger sucks in my opinion..I hate the way him and Floyd would work the pads,it was all a show..I don't even know whether do say if it was serious or not,but I think they thought they were some kinda circus act with Floyd looking into the camera..Roger is a joke man..Ain't shit and SR. would agree with that..Jeff is the most under rated Mayweather but I really like him a lot..What advice did Roger EVER give Floyd inbetween rounds besides "keep doin what you're doin"..Roger taught Floyd nothing,he was just there to give Floyd his work outs..SR. taught Floyd everything he knows..Floyd just felt bad for Roger because he didn't want Roger to feel like he wasn't doin shit..By no means did Floyd ever need Roger,ever..
Boxingjunkie
No doubt when the cameras were on Jr. did make it a circus. Hard to tell if that was really how they trained or just for show. I think its safe to say that Jrs natural talent is greater than what anyone ever taught him. His natural ability far exceeds what Sr. could have ever taught him. Just like Roy Jones. That is why I give Roger credit because he was the one who was responsible for making sure Floyd was in shape for every fight while daddy was smoking crack. No matter who you think taught Jr. more, Roger is the one who took him to where he is today. Now Im not saying that Roger is the greatest trainer in the world, but Sr. sure as hell isnt no matter what he tries to make you believe.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Boxingjunkie @ Sep 26 2008, 01:48 PM) [snapback]405334[/snapback]
No doubt when the cameras were on Jr. did make it a circus. Hard to tell if that was really how they trained or just for show. I think its safe to say that Jrs natural talent is greater than what anyone ever taught him. His natural ability far exceeds what Sr. could have ever taught him. Just like Roy Jones. That is why I give Roger credit because he was the one who was responsible for making sure Floyd was in shape for every fight while daddy was smoking crack. No matter who you think taught Jr. more, Roger is the one who took him to where he is today. Now Im not saying that Roger is the greatest trainer in the world, but Sr. sure as hell isnt no matter what he tries to make you believe.

Floyd Jr. would hit the pads that same exact way with Roger..Ishe Smith even told me that's how him and Roger did it with him 2 fights ago..He got rid of Roger after 1 fight!!Tells ya a lot..Roger is a bum!!
Boxingjunkie
So what does that make Sr.????
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Boxingjunkie @ Sep 27 2008, 08:24 PM) [snapback]405429[/snapback]
So what does that make Sr.????

SR. has a lot more knowledge in boxing then Roger does..Thats all I gotta say..
PR316
Still can't believe De La Hoya is getting support for taking this fight. Pacquiao is about 3 weight classes smaller.
STEVENSKI
I hope Millie catches Golden turd wearing her panties & shoots him in a fit of rage.

His gravestone could read

Oscar "Golden Boy" De La Hoya

Fighter, Lover, Crossdresser
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Sep 28 2008, 06:13 PM) [snapback]405704[/snapback]
I hope Millie catches Golden turd wearing her panties & shoots him in a fit of rage.

His gravestone could read

Oscar "Golden Boy" De La Hoya

Fighter, Lover, Crossdresser

I don't think the pics are legit..Could of been photoshopped..Were they ever named 100% legit??
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Sep 28 2008, 11:24 PM) [snapback]405705[/snapback]
I don't think the pics are legit..Could of been photoshopped..Were they ever named 100% legit??

When has the truth ever had any relevance in boxing?

My hate for GB is just simmering at the moment. Just wait til the fight it will be boiling over by then.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Sep 28 2008, 06:32 PM) [snapback]405708[/snapback]
When has the truth ever had any relevance in boxing?

My hate for GB is just simmering at the moment. Just wait til the fight it will be boiling over by then.

HAHA..We know..Your ass is ready to get a sniper and sit ontop of a building you got soo much hate in you for him..hahaha..Ya already are planning what his tombstone is going to read..
STEVENSKI
I have to say in all seriousness having a bit of hate can be good for you.

Guys like Judah I don't really hate I just think they are idiots.

Guys like PBF I despise because they are arrogant but don't really want to be tested.

Guys like DLH I fuckin hate because they are just fake.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.