Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cintron to fight Lovemore N'Dou
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
PUERTOROCKS
Tough fight but I think UD for Cintron.
Mean Mister Mustard
N'Dou is one of my favourite fighters but what is he thinking going up to welterweight fighting its hardest puncher?
salvador
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Sep 25 2008, 01:39 PM) [snapback]405210[/snapback]
N'Dou is one of my favourite fighters but what is he thinking going up to welterweight fighting its hardest puncher?

I'm with you on this.

N'Dou is one of the toughest guys around, but the idea that he's getting in the ring with Cintron is just sad. He must really need the money, cause he must know he's getting ko'd.

From Cintron's perspective, this is a great choice - a tough, B+ level guy who's too small to hurt him.
kidbazooka1
Cintron by Late rd stoppage but Ndou will give him a fight.
Vodoo
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Sep 25 2008, 12:39 PM) [snapback]405210[/snapback]

When exactly did Cintron prove he was 147's hardest puncher or even one of it's hardest punchers?
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(Vodoo @ Sep 25 2008, 05:54 PM) [snapback]405222[/snapback]
When exactly did Cintron prove he was 147's hardest puncher or even one of it's hardest punchers?

By stopping tough guys like Reid, Feliciano, Suarez, Estrada and Mathysse. Not only that he stopped them but the way he did it. I think it will be hard for you to find anyone who hits harder at 147 than he does.
FenderDG3
QUOTE(salvador @ Sep 25 2008, 04:08 PM) [snapback]405219[/snapback]
I'm with you on this.

N'Dou is one of the toughest guys around, but the idea that he's getting in the ring with Cintron is just sad. He must really need the money, cause he must know he's getting ko'd.

From Cintron's perspective, this is a great choice - a tough, B+ level guy who's too small to hurt him.

Cosign thumbsup_anim.gif
FenderDG3
Vodoo, I don't think anybody questions Cintron's power (obviously except you)... it's his heart and toughness that people question.
thehype
QUOTE(FenderDG3 @ Sep 25 2008, 07:50 PM) [snapback]405228[/snapback]
Vodoo, I don't think anybody questions Cintron's power (obviously except you)... it's his heart and toughness that people question.

Actually...I question it too.

laugh.gif
Douchebag
Cintron's Power is what brings him to the dance. If he didn't have that no one on this board would even know who he is.
FenderDG3
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Sep 25 2008, 09:01 PM) [snapback]405233[/snapback]
Cintron's Power is what brings him to the dance. If he didn't have that no one on this board would even know who he is.

That's the way I feel.

Hype, you think Cintron's power is over-rated also?
thehype
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Sep 25 2008, 06:34 PM) [snapback]405224[/snapback]
By stopping tough guys like Reid, Feliciano, Suarez, Estrada and Mathysse. Not only that he stopped them but the way he did it. I think it will be hard for you to find anyone who hits harder at 147 than he does.

Since when did guys like Teddy Reid, Jesse Feliciano, Mark Suarez, David Estrada and Walter Matthysse become the measuring stick for punching power?

dntknw.gif

Not for nothing, but...

1. Teddy Reid got stopped by Ben Tackie (TKO 5) at jr. welterweight two years before Cintron ever laid a glove on him.

2. Jesse Feliciano got knocked the fvck out by Demetrius Hopkins (KO 4) at jr. welterweight two years before Cintron went life and death with him. He also got stopped by Mohamad Abdulaev (TKO 8) a year before that.

3. Mark Suarez took a three year layoff in 2000 after losing a majority decision to Ricky Quiles...ironically it was just one day after Cintron turned pro. Suarez didn't start fighting again until 2003 and it was against a bunch of nobodies until he ran into Cintron in 2006. In other words, a KO or TKO over Suarez is pretty meaningless in my book...but hey...that's just me I guess.

4. David Estrada...eh...I'll give him that one...probably his most impressive win...but honestly, I don't recall jumping out of my seat and saying, "damn, that guy's a killer" when he stopped him.

5. Walter Matthysse...eh...I guess I can give him that one too...the KO was pretty, but honestly, who the hell is Walter Matthysse? I mean, Paul Williams had already stopped him a year before Cintron...and even then, people were asking, "who the hell is Walter Matthysse?" Besides, after Cintron knocked him in 2, he got knocked out in 5 by Sebastian Lujan right after that fight and then got knocked out AGAIN in 6 rounds by Alex Bunema after that. for all we know, Matthyse's chin may not have been that solid to begin with.

Personally, I've never been sold on the Killer's vaunted punching power. Truth be told, Miguel Cotto, Paul Williams, Joshua Clottey AND Andre Berto might all have better punching power than him. With the exception of Berto, they've all probably had the tougher assignments over the past few years.

Until I see him do something impressive against a top 10 contender, I question his punching power.
thehype
QUOTE(FenderDG3 @ Sep 25 2008, 10:04 PM) [snapback]405234[/snapback]
Hype, you think Cintron's power is over-rated also?

Definitely...at least until I see it manifest itself against a top contender.

The only top fighter that Cintron has ever faced was Margarito and he barely put a dent into him. Sure, Cotto got stopped by Margarito, but at least he touched him and busted his face up. Cotto also stopped Judah, Quintana and beat the crap out of Malignaggi...those are all top fighters (Quintana might be borderline, but hey, he's a better test than Feliciano, Reid or Matthysse).
FenderDG3
QUOTE(thehype @ Sep 25 2008, 09:15 PM) [snapback]405236[/snapback]
Definitely...at least until I see it manifest itself against a top contender.

The only top fighter that Cintron has ever faced was Margarito and he barely put a dent into him. Sure, Cotto got stopped by Margarito, but at least he touched him and busted his face up. Cotto also stopped Judah, Quintana and beat the crap out of Malignaggi...those are all top fighters (Quintana might be borderline, but hey, he's a better test than Feliciano, Reid or Matthysse).

I hear what you're saying.
D-MARV
Cintron has good power but nothing special!!! He is a bit overrated if you ask me!
Vodoo
QUOTE(thehype @ Sep 25 2008, 09:09 PM) [snapback]405235[/snapback]
Since when did guys like Teddy Reid, Jesse Feliciano, Mark Suarez, David Estrada and Walter Matthysse become the measuring stick for punching power?

dntknw.gif

Not for nothing, but...

1. Teddy Reid got stopped by Ben Tackie (TKO 5) at jr. welterweight two years before Cintron ever laid a glove on him.

2. Jesse Feliciano got knocked the fvck out by Demetrius Hopkins (KO 4) at jr. welterweight two years before Cintron went life and death with him. He also got stopped by Mohamad Abdulaev (TKO 8) a year before that.

3. Mark Suarez took a three year layoff in 2000 after losing a majority decision to Ricky Quiles...ironically it was just one day after Cintron turned pro. Suarez didn't start fighting again until 2003 and it was against a bunch of nobodies until he ran into Cintron in 2006. In other words, a KO or TKO over Suarez is pretty meaningless in my book...but hey...that's just me I guess.

4. David Estrada...eh...I'll give him that one...probably his most impressive win...but honestly, I don't recall jumping out of my seat and saying, "damn, that guy's a killer" when he stopped him.

5. Walter Matthysse...eh...I guess I can give him that one too...the KO was pretty, but honestly, who the hell is Walter Matthysse? I mean, Paul Williams had already stopped him a year before Cintron...and even then, people were asking, "who the hell is Walter Matthysse?" Besides, after Cintron knocked him in 2, he got knocked out in 5 by Sebastian Lujan right after that fight and then got knocked out AGAIN in 6 rounds by Alex Bunema after that. for all we know, Matthyse's chin may not have been that solid to begin with.

Personally, I've never been sold on the Killer's vaunted punching power. Truth be told, Miguel Cotto, Paul Williams, Joshua Clottey AND Andre Berto might all have better punching power than him. With the exception of Berto, they've all probably had the tougher assignments over the past few years.

Until I see him do something impressive against a top 10 contender, I question his punching power.
Thank you Hype! I'd been gone for hours since I made that first post and knew I would have to explain myself but looks like you took care of it for me. And also most of those fights were back and forth brawls that seemed more like Cintron just outlasted the other guy. His power is probably okay but it isn't near the overrated level everyone else seems to think it is IMO.
King Eugene
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Sep 25 2008, 10:01 PM) [snapback]405233[/snapback]

Cintron.........? Whos Cintron? Is he new or something?

Oooooooooooooohhhhhhhh thats that dude that got knocked out by Margarito twice right? Yea I remember him. He can actually punch hard? Could have fooled me!

LMAO...Cintron better stick to the little guys and fight tune up matches for the rest of his career. LOL laugh.gif
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(thehype @ Sep 25 2008, 09:09 PM) [snapback]405235[/snapback]

dntknw.gif

Not for nothing, but...

Good break down Hype,but I don't think being KO'd by Ben Tackie is something to be ashamed about..He may not be a huge puncher,but that guy is like glue when he gets on you..He is so relentless..It is a pretty bad sign if it only took Tackie 5 rounds though..haha..If it was like 10 rounds then ya couldnt take too much away from a guy..I've never been a Cintron fan and always wondered why everyone was all over his nuts..I know quite a few of you were and maybe still are..Not sayin names though..He has good power but someone like Cotto has better power..
Mean Mister Mustard
Some guys are huge punchers but the elite know how to handle the punch. You might think his punch is overrated and it might be. But the way he disposed of Mathysse and the way most guys react to his blows tells you he's a good puncher.
salvador
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Sep 26 2008, 01:35 PM) [snapback]405330[/snapback]
Some guys are huge punchers but the elite know how to handle the punch.

Exactly

Cintron's the biggest puncher in the division, but his problem is that it takes him too long to get set to throw it. Any fighter who stands still at the end of Kermit's range will get ko'd. Keeping Kermit off balance is the key, and every fighter at the top of the division has that. Estrada and Matthysse are guys who were born to make Cintron look good.

I actually think that Kermit-Williams might be interesting. Obviously Cintron hates pressure and would probably fold, but Williams would be there at the end of his punches - and Kermit can definitely punch.
Fitz
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Sep 27 2008, 04:35 AM) [snapback]405330[/snapback]
Some guys are huge punchers but the elite know how to handle the punch. You might think his punch is overrated and it might be. But the way he disposed of Mathysse and the way most guys react to his blows tells you he's a good puncher.

Well said about elite just knowing how to handle some punchers. Average fighters are capable of being good punchers.
Boxingjunkie
This is the undercard fight to Taylor vs. Lacy. Its in Nashville so I am definitly there!!

Cintron by UD.
King Eugene
Cintron's overrated. He'd lose to Berto
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.