Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: V. Klitchko/Peter
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
JonnyBlaze
What are all your opinions on this fight??It will be a lot different than W. Klitchko and Peter thats for sure..I gotta give it to Vitali for sure..I think Vitali by KO..Vitali also has a unstoppable chin..The shots he took from Lennox were some of the biggest shots Lennox had ever thrown..Especially that one uppercut that made one of the craziest noises..I know a lot of you hate him but I like the way he fights..I can't get enough of hearing his thudding punches..It's crazy..You might say he fought guys who were overweight but they were elite fighters but just didn't train the way they should have for him..Not his fault..I also gotta say I like how Vitali gets low,he gets extra distance on his jab which is really good..He isn't fast at all but he knows how to use the tools/abilities he has..

I really hope nothin does happen to Vatali in training camp either..There is always a chance for everyone,he just had some bad luck..Ya can't hold it against him..They were legit injuries and I know he wasn't scarred to fight Rahman at all..Vitali gives some of the best interviews..hahaha..He cracks me up..

We need to get him in the chat room..I'd really wanna to talk to one of the Klitchkos..They are 2 of the nicest guys..When they aren't boxing,they are doing charity stuff..W. Klitchko is a true champion all around..He gives back to everyone else unlike 90% of champs..
BigG
He looks like a robot when he fights. I don't know how he'll look remember hes been off for about 4 years.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Fitz @ Sep 26 2008, 04:16 AM) [snapback]405306[/snapback]
I seriously don't have an opinion on this fight and have no idea on how it will go. All I know is that if I took the Vitali before he retired, I would pick Vitali without hesitation.
But that's not the case. Here is why I don't have an opinion or pick:
  1. I won't believe the fight is coming off until I see them both in the ring, as Vitali is so unreliable
  2. Vitali has had injuries and hasn't fought in 4 years, he is now basically a fighter you know nothing about now. 4 years is a long time, anyone would basically be guessing on how he will look. Nobody knows if he will remain sharp or look like total shit.

He does have the best heavyweight champ to spar with day and night..hahaha..Who also beat Peter..You guys got good points about the lay off but I think he'll be able to look impressive..He is dying to get back in the ring,he's not forced to in any way(money,ect)..
D-MARV
I Hope Vitali punishes Samuel!!! KO in 5
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Sep 26 2008, 05:24 AM) [snapback]405314[/snapback]
I Hope Vitali punishes Samuel!!! KO in 5

Very possible prediction..Vitali hits wayyy harder then it looks..I let the sound of his punches tell the story..Thud,thud,thud..In my opinion,the thuds are the worse kinda punches to take..No way to truely know but just my opinion..Thud seem crushing though..When I broke someones rib with a right hand,it was a thud..

I'm hoping Vitali gets the KO..He deserves it..The only disappointment I'd have is that theres no way to unify all the belts..It would be really cool to have both Klitchkos as champs at the same time for the dream to come true finally..They deserve it for sure..
buford54
The only question to me is how Vitali deals with the ring rust.
Prime v. Prime, I say Vitali by KO.
I still go w/ Vitali.
I think Peter is overated, as much as I enjoy watching him fight.
Everything thinks he can counterpunch now because of the Toney fight...but it's one thing to counter a looping overhand right that feels like a pillow. It's another to take/counter a sledgehammer.

I don't think the ring rust will affect Vitali because his style doesn't really depend on quickness or agility. He's mostly just a big, awkward and powerful. That's how he's always fought.
I think Vitali's biggest issue is going to be the potential for injury during the fight.
Boxingjunkie
This is definitly had hard one to pick. It all depends on which Vitali and which Peter shows up. If the four years off really helped Vitali to get healed or is he entering the ring with some other nagging injury. Peter didnt look to great against McCline or Maskaev. If that Peter shows up for this fight it will be a long night for Peter cause Vitali will probably jab all night.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Boxingjunkie @ Sep 26 2008, 01:38 PM) [snapback]405332[/snapback]
This is definitly had hard one to pick. It all depends on which Vitali and which Peter shows up. If the four years off really helped Vitali to get healed or is he entering the ring with some other nagging injury. Peter didnt look to great against McCline or Maskaev. If that Peter shows up for this fight it will be a long night for Peter cause Vitali will probably jab all night.

Well Vitali jabs a lot but they are always jabs to set up his big stuff..His jab is also really powerful..When ya think about it,him and Wlad. are very very different fighters..
buford54
Exactly...Vitali doesn't jab and move like Wlad does...he throws 1-2's all night long.
He throws everything with serious intentions, and I don't see Peter standing up to it.
I think Vitali's the hardest puncher that Peter has ever faced, and I'm curious to see if getting put on his ass 3 times by Jameel McCline has started to crack his chin.
Peter is a blast to watch and I really like him, and I love his "fight everyone" attitude, but I think that Vitali spells bad news for him.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(buford54 @ Sep 27 2008, 09:38 PM) [snapback]405441[/snapback]
Exactly...Vitali doesn't jab and move like Wlad does...he throws 1-2's all night long.
He throws everything with serious intentions, and I don't see Peter standing up to it.
I think Vitali's the hardest puncher that Peter has ever faced, and I'm curious to see if getting put on his ass 3 times by Jameel McCline has started to crack his chin.
Peter is a blast to watch and I really like him, and I love his "fight everyone" attitude, but I think that Vitali spells bad news for him.

Vitali doesn't throw 1-2s all night..It is a big part of his offense but he also has a good left hook and uppercut..Vitali has had knock downs off of his left hook and uppercut..Vitali will be the hardest puncher Peter has fought for sure..
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
I'm gonna go into Stevenski mode and unload my hate for Samuel Peter.

I fuckin hate that guy. The most overrated piece of shit I've seen in a long long time.

And I'm supposed to buy that this guy is the saviour of the heavyweight division? Purleze!!

I dislike that guy so much I found myself cheering for Jameel McCline when they fought. And never would I have ever thought I'd end up cheering for McCline in anything.

Not much of a fan of Vitali and the way he always cancels fights but I hope he does a number on Peter whose chin I don't think is that great. I suspect that the 4 year layoff will hurt him though and Peter will sneak out a win and I'll have to hear Dino Duva and that Russian pimp looking motherfucker Ivaylo continue going on about how great Peter is.

I pray that someone cleans that guy out of the division very very soon.

I would love David Tua to get his shit together and do a Jawny Ruiz style number on him. I would LOVE that!

BigG
I would love David Tua to get his shit together and do a Jawny Ruiz style number on him. I would LOVE that!

Too bad David Tua is more interested in eating Twinkies
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Sep 28 2008, 01:03 AM) [snapback]405587[/snapback]
I'm gonna go into Stevenski mode and unload my hate for Samuel Peter.

I fuckin hate that guy. The most overrated piece of shit I've seen in a long long time.

And I'm supposed to buy that this guy is the saviour of the heavyweight division? Purleze!!

I dislike that guy so much I found myself cheering for Jameel McCline when they fought. And never would I have ever thought I'd end up cheering for McCline in anything.

Not much of a fan of Vitali and the way he always cancels fights but I hope he does a number on Peter whose chin I don't think is that great. I suspect that the 4 year layoff will hurt him though and Peter will sneak out a win and I'll have to hear Dino Duva and that Russian pimp looking motherfucker Ivaylo continue going on about how great Peter is.

I pray that someone cleans that guy out of the division very very soon.

Tua is very done..Too slow,too big for his height especially now,and doesn't throw enough punches and stands around a lot..If Tua can slim up he could have a chance to ressurect himself..Peter is overrathed..Arreola is very overrated..Klitchko is the truth!!Ya'll need to accept it..hahaha..
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Sep 28 2008, 01:06 AM) [snapback]405589[/snapback]
Tua is very done..Too slow,too big for his height especially now,and doesn't throw enough punches and stands around a lot..If Tua can slim up he could have a chance to ressurect himself..Peter is overrathed..Arreola is very overrated..Klitchko is the truth!!Ya'll need to accept it..hahaha..

I know Tua's done, I'm just in my own personal boxing fantasy land.

I think Peter should thank his lucky stars he was born when he was and has the luxury of fighting in a very very weak division.

Imagine if he'd been around 15 years ago he wouldn't even beat the contenders from 15 years ago let alone the champs.

Tua and Ibeabuchi (the real Nigerian nightmare) would've done rude things to sammy.

He wouldn't have even got past nutjobs like Golota or McCall and Frank Bruno would've been an even money fight!

Instead I have to swallow the balony of his 'championship reign.'

JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Sep 28 2008, 01:22 AM) [snapback]405597[/snapback]
I know Tua's done, I'm just in my own personal boxing fantasy land.

I think Peter should thank his lucky stars he was born when he was and has the luxury of fighting in a very very weak division.

Imagine if he'd been around 15 years ago he wouldn't even beat the contenders from 15 years ago let alone the champs.

Tua and Ibeabuchi (the real Nigerian nightmare) would've done rude things to sammy.

He wouldn't have even got past nutjobs like Golota or McCall and Frank Bruno would've been an even money fight!

Instead I have to swallow the balony of his 'championship reign.'

Bruno would of smashed Peter..Ibeabuchi is the true Nigerian nightmare!!Just think of what would have happened had he not gotten locked up..I would of really wanted to see a Ibeabuchi/Lewis,Holyfield,Tyson,Bruno,and so many others in the ring together..He would of been a major player for sure..
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Sep 28 2008, 01:36 AM) [snapback]405600[/snapback]
Bruno would of smashed Peter..Ibeabuchi is the true Nigerian nightmare!!Just think of what would have happened had he not gotten locked up..I would of really wanted to see a Ibeabuchi/Lewis,Holyfield,Tyson,Bruno,and so many others in the ring together..He would of been a major player for sure..

Hey Johnny just curious but have you ever seen the Tua/Ibeabuchi fight?

That was the best non-championship heavyweight fight I've ever seen. I think Tua got jobbed in that one. He was slow to start but I definately had him winning that fight.

A fan of both guys it's sad that for different reasons neither fulfilled their potential.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Sep 28 2008, 01:42 AM) [snapback]405602[/snapback]
Hey Johnny just curious but have you ever seen the Tua/Ibeabuchi fight?

That was the best non-championship heavyweight fight I've ever seen. I think Tua got jobbed in that one. He was slow to start but I definately had him winning that fight.

A fan of both guys it's sad that for different reasons neither fulfilled their potential.

Tua/Ibeabuchi is one of my all time favorite heavyweight fights ever..Title or non-title..That fight needs more recognition..Ibeabuchi is a BEAST..He threw more punches than any heavyweight ever has,15 rounds or 12 rounds..I liked Ibeabuchi in that fight,he definitely out worked Tua..Close fight for sure but gotta give it to Ike..They both landed a lot of bombs..Ibeabuchi had one of the best styles in my opinion..Ya can't say anything bad about him really..He knew when to throw arm punches and when to throw big shots..He also was good at switching up his speed in his punches..
JonnyBlaze
Actually now that I think about it more a Holyfield/Ibeabuchi fight could of been on of the top 20 best heavyweight fights ever..They were both in their primes but Ibeabuchi just hadn't reached elite status yet..He was 1 fight away from it too in my opinion..It would of been a 235 Ibeabuchi Vs. a 210 Holyfield..That would of been great..It would of been Bowe/Holyfield,just crazier since Ike is 6'2 and he also can throw a shit load of punches..The 6'5 height advantage of Bowe was huge for him..Holyfield of of been able to land his great jab against Ike alot better to set up more stuff which he wasn't able to do as much against Bowe and Lennox..Holyfield in my opinion has one of the best heavyweight jabs ever Height/reach4Height/reach..hahaha..It was soo sharp,stiff,fast,and hard..
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
I would have liked to have seen Holyfield/Tua as well as Ike/Holyfield.

As easy as Evander could outbox Tua you know that that's not how Evander rolls, he would've been lured into a brawl and what a brawl it would've been.

And what do we get in 2008? Peter/Vitali, pff.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Sep 28 2008, 02:47 AM) [snapback]405614[/snapback]
I would have liked to have seen Holyfield/Tua as well as Ike/Holyfield.

As easy as Evander could outbox Tua you know that that's not how Evander rolls, he would've been lured into a brawl and what a brawl it would've been.

And what do we get in 2008? Peter/Vitali, pff.

Holy/Tua would of been real good too..I think Holy would beat both Tua and Ike..I think Holy would be able to out hook Tua..It'd be comin alot faster..Too bad neither of those fights happened..Who knows Tua and Holy may still meet up..hahahaha.. thumbsup_anim.gif Holy would smash him now though since he rely on boxing and Tua would be eatting a lot of jabs since Holy would be jabbing down and not up like he normally has to..I wish Tua would trim up and get back to throwing a lot of punches like he did in the Ibeabuchi fight..The 2 of them combined threw more punches then any heavyweight fight ever..They threw almost 2000 punches with Ibeabuchi throwing slightly under 1000..I also really like the Tua/Rahman fight..I think Tua's punch after the bell made a huge impact on it but it was a great fight..

A Holy/Tua brawl would be crazy though..Neither would go down and both would just sit infront of each other..It'd be great!!
BigG
Sorry dude, Klitschko is only the "truth" in a sorry ass division where Samuel FREAKIN Peter is consdiered one of the top 3 Heavyweights.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 28 2008, 03:10 AM) [snapback]405620[/snapback]
Sorry dude, Klitschko is only the "truth" in a sorry ass division where Samuel FREAKIN Peter is consdiered one of the top 3 Heavyweights.

I've seen Klitschko sitting on his ass way too many times for him to be the truth.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Sep 28 2008, 03:21 AM) [snapback]405623[/snapback]
I've seen Klitschko sitting on his ass way too many times for him to be the truth.

How many times is too many to you??Lennox got KO'd twice..Klitchko has only been KO'd twice,but has been down other times too but got up..V. Klitchko on the other hand has never been down ever..
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Sep 28 2008, 03:27 AM) [snapback]405625[/snapback]
How many times is too many to you??Lennox got KO'd twice..Klitchko has only been KO'd twice,but has been down other times too but got up..V. Klitchko on the other hand has never been down ever..

I am assuming he meant Wladdy and not his sister Vitali.

It's not that he's been down it's more whom he's been floored by. Peter, Sanders, Barrett and ummm Ross Puritty, hardly a murderer's list.

Some of those guys may be big punchers but they are pretty unsophisticated sorts and a decent champion shouldn't be getting knocked out by those dudes (OK Peter didn't knock him out, just down 3 times).

Sorry I just don't see any 'truth'in Wladdy.

JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Sep 28 2008, 03:41 AM) [snapback]405627[/snapback]
I am assuming he meant Wladdy and not his sister Vitali.

It's not that he's been down it's more whom he's been floored by. Peter, Sanders, Barrett and ummm Ross Puritty, hardly a murderer's list.

Some of those guys may be big punchers but they are pretty unsophisticated sorts and a decent champion shouldn't be getting knocked out by those dudes (OK Peter didn't knock him out, just down 3 times).

Sorry I just don't see any 'truth'in Wladdy.

I see nothin wrong with anyone gettin knocked down by Peter or Sanders..Peter is a big hitter for sure..That's all Peter has goin for him though..Sanders was one a really hard guy to prepare for..He was a southpaw with a lot of power..Southpaws are already rare,than ya gotta add power which is even rarer for a southpaw at heavyweight to have..Lennox got KO'd by a McCall and Rahman..They aren't the sophisticated sort either..Lennox was the man at the time too..

W. Klitchko was never down against Barrett..He put Barrett down 6 times though..Against Ross,he got extremely tired and went down cause he was tired more than anything in my opinion..He did get KO'd by Lamon Brewster too due to being tired but Brewster can KO basically anyone if he catches ya with a left hook..Also Klitchko is a changed guy since those old days when he was a lot more agressive and had bad defense,especially when he got tired..Now he is more complete and has a lot better defense..He also has a lot better stamina since he learned to pace himself better instead of going all out early then getting tired when the guy was still there..
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Sep 28 2008, 04:07 AM) [snapback]405631[/snapback]
I see nothin wrong with anyone gettin knocked down by Peter or Sanders..Peter is a big hitter for sure..That's all Peter has goin for him though..Sanders was one a really hard guy to prepare for..He was a southpaw with a lot of power..Southpaws are already rare,than ya gotta add power which is even rarer for a southpaw at heavyweight to have..Lennox got KO'd by a McCall and Rahman..They aren't the sophisticated sort either..Lennox was the man at the time too..

W. Klitchko was never down against Barrett..He put Barrett down 6 times though..Against Ross,he got extremely tired and went down cause he was tired more than anything in my opinion..He did get KO'd by Lamon Brewster too due to being tired but Brewster can KO basically anyone if he catches ya with a left hook..Also Klitchko is a changed guy since those old days when he was a lot more agressive and had bad defense,especially when he got tired..Now he is more complete and has a lot better defense..He also has a lot better stamina since he learned to pace himself better instead of going all out early then getting tired when the guy was still there..

Sorry you're right I meant Brewster instead of Barrett.

'Against Purrity he was really tired?' Are you seriously gonna try and pass that as a legit excuse? Wow! You must really like Wlad.

Your example with Lennox Lewis is exactly why Lewis isn't higher in my own rankings of HW champions, those are 2 fights he shouldn't have lost. But hey hubris will get you everytime in boxing.

I'm sorry if you lose to Ross Puritty tired or not then you're gonna struggle for credibility in my book. And Peter, yeah he's a big hitter but he's slow as shit and sloppy as fuck and you just shouldn't be getting cracked by him.

I mean take Toney, fat and old and a former middleweight champion (all his own words) and he went 24 rounds with that dumb bastard and only hit the canvas once in what was more a slip than a good shot.

It's cool, we obviously have different opinions on this but Wlad just doesn't impress me that much and especially a few of his latest fights, what's with the pawing hand crap? Throw a fucking punch for fucksakes, it's boxing!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Sep 28 2008, 04:46 AM) [snapback]405636[/snapback]
'Against Purrity he was really tired?' Are you seriously gonna try and pass that as a legit excuse? Wow! You must really like Wlad.

HAHAHA..Yeah,I like him a lot..I like how he is a big/tall guy who can move around the ring really well and who relys on boxing skill NOW..Before he didn't rely on the skill and relied on his power and agressiveness..E. Stew. really changed him for the better..I also really like him a lot outside the ring soo it influences me some to like him even more..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Sep 28 2008, 04:46 AM) [snapback]405636[/snapback]
Your example with Lennox Lewis is exactly why Lewis isn't higher in my own rankings of HW champions, those are 2 fights he shouldn't have lost. But hey hubris will get you everytime in boxing.

Thats funny you say that since Lennox only lost 2 fights..hahaha..He definitely should of had a 0 instead of the 2..I also think Holy beat him in their second fight but thats debatable..Holy is in my opinion the only guy to have beaten Lennox legitamity..The KO's were obviously legit but they were caused by Lennox slipping up and not taking the fight as serious as he should have..He should of had his hands up but he got cocky..

Also I agree with you on the Wlad. paw/jab..It can be extremely effective and he has gotten opportunities from doing that but he does do it alittle too much..With southpaws,it can be very helpful by knocking down their lead hand which is right infront of his lead hand and set up big right hands..He should do it only in spots,like if the guy is on the ropes..Vitali is better at knocking down lead hands to set up his right..I think that's what you're talking about right??
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Sep 28 2008, 06:01 AM) [snapback]405640[/snapback]
Thats funny you say that since Lennox only lost 2 fights..hahaha..He definitely should of had a 0 instead of the 2..I also think Holy beat him in their second fight but thats debatable..Holy is in my opinion the only guy to have beaten Lennox legitamity..The KO's were obviously legit but they were caused by Lennox slipping up and not taking the fight as serious as he should have..He should of had his hands up but he got cocky..

Also I agree with you on the Wlad. paw/jab..It can be extremely effective and he has gotten opportunities from doing that but he does do it alittle too much..With southpaws,it can be very helpful by knocking down their lead hand which is right infront of his lead hand and set up big right hands..He should do it only in spots,like if the guy is on the ropes..Vitali is better at knocking down lead hands to set up his right..I think that's what you're talking about right??

It was.

Hey I thought Holy won that 2nd fight too! But he got a gift first time around so he can't complain too much. I also think Ray Mercer was very hard done by when he fought Lewis.

It is these kind of question marks that prevent me from ranking Lennox higher than I do. A classy guy though.

D-MARV
You guys talk shit about Wlad if you want but he is the "MAN" at heavyweight!!! AND DARE I SAY... I have him ranked in top 12 Pound 4 Pound
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Sep 28 2008, 12:51 PM) [snapback]405681[/snapback]
You guys talk shit about Wlad if you want but he is the "MAN" at heavyweight!!! AND DARE I SAY... I have him ranked in top 12 Pound 4 Pound

Dude considering he fights in such a weak division that's a BIG call.
D-MARV
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Sep 28 2008, 05:27 PM) [snapback]405699[/snapback]
Dude considering he fights in such a weak division that's a BIG call.

He has dominated his opposition which included 3 #1 contenders as well as 2 champions! if people Have guys like Nate Campbell and David Haye in their top 10 I dont see nothing wrong with Wlad being in the top 12
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Sep 28 2008, 06:46 AM) [snapback]405647[/snapback]
It was.

Hey I thought Holy won that 2nd fight too! But he got a gift first time around so he can't complain too much. I also think Ray Mercer was very hard done by when he fought Lewis.

It is these kind of question marks that prevent me from ranking Lennox higher than I do. A classy guy though.

Holy did get a gift in the first fight..In my eyes Holy/Lennox was 1/1..Both won one and both lost one..I wish they would have fought one more time..
Holy beat Mercer worse than anyone ever did..Then Klitchko,but Klitchko fought the past his prime Mercer..Holy got the real Mercer and softened him up a lot before Mercer went to fight Lennox next..Holmes also beat Mercer good but he wasn't able to put him down like Holy did..Holy was the first guy ever to put him down..Holy has the ability to fight someone elses fight and beat them..I really liked that about Holy..Ya all know by now that Holy and Ray Robinson are my 2 favorite fighters ever..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Sep 28 2008, 12:51 PM) [snapback]405681[/snapback]

clapping.gif Klitchko doesn't just KO or beat his opponents,he first dominates them..I really like how he first establishes his jab and gets a good flow landing it..Then once the other guy is soo focused on his jab,they leave themselves open for the left hook or straight right..These 3 punches are all sooo important for him..He also has the uppercut but it's not as good as those punches..To be able to dominate a fellow champ stictly with a jab is INSANE!!How do you all not see that??He dominated a undefeated guy with his jab..You all will say it was a boring fight but I thought it was amazing..That is skill!!How could ya argue that??His jab is P4P one of the best jabs now in boxing..It's quick,hard,and really straight..

Actually when I was focusing on improving my jab I was watching a lot of Wlad. fights to help improve it..When I got back to my trainer out in my hometown again,he said I re-invented my jab and that he'd never seen it look better..It was from watching the Wlad. fights while shadow boxing..Now whenever anyone sees me hitting the mitts or sparring,everyone will always comment on how good my jab is..I am also willing to say that I'd also have Wlad. up there in the top P4P ratings..He deserves it..Wlad is like Ali in the sense of how light he looks on his feet..He is no way a Ali at all soo don't think I'm saying that..Ali was 200-210 and was extremely light on his feet..Wlad. is 240 and is also really light on his feet which is really impressive..Of course Ali had better movement and everything but I'm just comparing them on how light they are on their feet..
Imperius3
This match is very intriguing because we don't know what to expect from this version of Vitali. The Vitali of old would stop Peter without question, but Vitali has been out of the ring for a very long time.

I'm going to put my faith in Vitali. Vitali should still have his skill and power. I don't think Peter can outbox Vitali, but he can outwork him if Vitali is rusty. Or if Vitali injures himself in the ring. I don't think that will happen though. Vitali should be polished enough to keep Peter in check with his jab and powerful right hand.

Klitschko by a wide decision.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Sep 28 2008, 05:46 PM) [snapback]405702[/snapback]
Holy did get a gift in the first fight..In my eyes Holy/Lennox was 1/1..Both won one and both lost one..I wish they would have fought one more time..
Holy beat Mercer worse than anyone ever did..Then Klitchko,but Klitchko fought the past his prime Mercer..Holy got the real Mercer and softened him up a lot before Mercer went to fight Lennox next..Holmes also beat Mercer good but he wasn't able to put him down like Holy did..Holy was the first guy ever to put him down..Holy has the ability to fight someone elses fight and beat them..I really liked that about Holy..Ya all know by now that Holy and Ray Robinson are my 2 favorite fighters ever..

Yeah but my actual point was that I thought Lewis was very lucky to decision Mercer and you never commented on that!
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Sep 28 2008, 05:42 PM) [snapback]405701[/snapback]
He has dominated his opposition which included 3 #1 contenders as well as 2 champions! if people Have guys like Nate Campbell and David Haye in their top 10 I dont see nothing wrong with Wlad being in the top 12

but I didn't say I had Campbell or Haye in my top 10 did I?

I'm sorry but you can call them number one contenders and champions which I suppose they are but in my view they only became number one contenders or champions because the division is ewaker than it's ever been.

How do you think Wlad would go fighting in the division 10-15 years ago against the lines of prime Tua/Ibeabuchi/ prime Riddick Bowe, Evander Holyfield, prime Lewis, do you think he'd still be the truth?

Oh, even Razor Ruddock or Tommy Morrison would give him all he could handle.

And to think back then people were complaining about how bad the division was with Tyson in jail!!

D-MARV
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Sep 28 2008, 08:07 PM) [snapback]405714[/snapback]
but I didn't say I had Campbell or Haye in my top 10 did I?

I'm sorry but you can call them number one contenders and champions which I suppose they are but in my view they only became number one contenders or champions because the division is ewaker than it's ever been.

How do you think Wlad would go fighting in the division 10-15 years ago against the lines of prime Tua/Ibeabuchi/ prime Riddick Bowe, Evander Holyfield, prime Lewis, do you think he'd still be the truth?

Oh, even Razor Ruddock or Tommy Morrison would give him all he could handle.

And to think back then people were complaining about how bad the division was with Tyson in jail!!

Are we debating ALL TIME or just Present?

Presently, Wlad IS the top dawg at Heavyweight and Yes I do have him in the top 12 p4p!
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Sep 28 2008, 08:28 PM) [snapback]405723[/snapback]
Are we debating ALL TIME or just Present?

Presently, Wlad IS the top dawg at Heavyweight and Yes I do have him in the top 12 p4p!

My point is/was he's only top dog because the division is so weak. Take him back a few years and I don't see him in the top 5.

Now that's not Wlad's fault, it is what it is, I'm just not sure beating up on a bunch of journeymen style fighters gets him into my dynamite dozen. Can you imagine what some past prime heavyweights would've done to Sultan Ibrigamov?

Each to their own I suppose.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Sep 28 2008, 07:02 PM) [snapback]405713[/snapback]
Yeah but my actual point was that I thought Lewis was very lucky to decision Mercer and you never commented on that!

HAHA..I will now..Mercer's jab was better than Lennox's was that night..Mercer always had a great jab but he really put it to Lennox..Very close fight..Holy put Mercer down and Lennox couldn't..I think the fight definitely could of gone Mercer's way..Lennox said Mercer was his toughest fight..I think Mercer landed more leather on Lennox then anyone ever did..Would you agree??Holy landed quite a bit on him too but Mercer never let up on Lennox throughout the whole fight..
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Sep 28 2008, 10:13 PM) [snapback]405735[/snapback]
HAHA..I will now..Mercer's jab was better than Lennox's was that night..Mercer always had a great jab but he really put it to Lennox..Very close fight..Holy put Mercer down and Lennox couldn't..I think the fight definitely could of gone Mercer's way..Lennox said Mercer was his toughest fight..I think Mercer landed more leather on Lennox then anyone ever did..Would you agree??Holy landed quite a bit on him too but Mercer never let up on Lennox throughout the whole fight..

I sometimes wonder where Lewis'career would've gone if he'd dropped the decision to Mercer that night.

Methinks he would've been frozen out of the picture for even longer than he was.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Sep 28 2008, 10:42 PM) [snapback]405738[/snapback]
I sometimes wonder where Lewis'career would've gone if he'd dropped the decision to Mercer that night.

Methinks he would've been frozen out of the picture for even longer than he was.

I think Holy and Lennox were on the same level during that period..Like we both said,each won one of their 2 fights..
Thegreatequalizer
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Sep 28 2008, 09:47 PM) [snapback]405724[/snapback]
My point is/was he's only top dog because the division is so weak. Take him back a few years and I don't see him in the top 5.

Now that's not Wlad's fault, it is what it is, I'm just not sure beating up on a bunch of journeymen style fighters gets him into my dynamite dozen. Can you imagine what some past prime heavyweights would've done to Sultan Ibrigamov?

Each to their own I suppose.

i'd put my money on vitali beating buster douglas for the undisputed heavyweight championship.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Thegreatequalizer @ Oct 1 2008, 11:18 AM) [snapback]405988[/snapback]
i'd put my money on vitali beating buster douglas for the undisputed heavyweight championship.

Thatd be ridiculous if anyone said otherwise..Vitali would of killed Douglas..
King Eugene
Unlike Most fights I watch, I want to see a slugfest and see somebody get knocked out within five. Hell it'll make the Tarver vs. Dawson fight come on sooner.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(3King3 @ Oct 2 2008, 01:28 AM) [snapback]406031[/snapback]
Unlike Most fights I watch, I want to see a slugfest and see somebody get knocked out within five. Hell it'll make the Tarver vs. Dawson fight come on sooner.

Start watching a lot of Butterbean fights..hahaha..He'll give ya a KO within 4!!Speaking of the Bean,did any of you see his fight against Larry Holmes??They both sported some of the biggest guts(this is normal for Butterbean though)..All Holmes did to beat him was basically just throw the jab..Bean couldn't do shit against it..He barely can move as it is and he had Larry Holmes throwing jabs at him..Holmes fat or not,still has a amazing jab..I'm not at all a Butterbean fan though so don't get it twisted..
Thegreatequalizer
wlad is the classic example of 'he can dish it out, but he can't take it." i always think about that when i see him fighting. he punches some guy thirty times in the head and the guy is still there. i don't think he could take those same punches and not get ko'd. that being said, he's a very good offensive fighter.

i think vitali is a really bad match-up for peter. i think peter is a threat to most people in the heavyweight division, but maybe not to the guy who is a lot taller and will 1-2 him all night a-la danny williams. the 24 rounds with james toney i think really helped peter out. so maybe he will find a way to get close to vitali, but vitali is a very good clencher too. it's going to be a tough road for peter.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Thegreatequalizer @ Oct 5 2008, 11:51 AM) [snapback]406202[/snapback]
wlad is the classic example of 'he can dish it out, but he can't take it." i always think about that when i see him fighting. he punches some guy thirty times in the head and the guy is still there. i don't think he could take those same punches and not get ko'd. that being said, he's a very good offensive fighter.

i think vitali is a really bad match-up for peter. i think peter is a threat to most people in the heavyweight division, but maybe not to the guy who is a lot taller and will 1-2 him all night a-la danny williams. the 24 rounds with james toney i think really helped peter out. so maybe he will find a way to get close to vitali, but vitali is a very good clencher too. it's going to be a tough road for peter.

Vitali crushed Danny Williams with every punch in the book..He put him down with his left hook..He put him down with one of my all time favorite KO combos by a heavyweight which was his double right uppercut,jump back,jump back in with a 1-2 and put Williams to sleep..Peter def. got a lot of good work with Toney though..
BigG
Vitali may have looked good but Danny Williams is still Danny Williams. Don't mistake him for a killer
buford54
Peter got good work with Toney, no doubt. The only issue is that it's easy to learn to counter punch a pillow. If you don't have to worry about what is coming back at you, it's easy to counter punch.

Peter's big improvment was to counter Toney's looping right hand with a quick left hook.
Vitali's right hand will not be quite as soft and cushy as a 70 lbs-past-his-prime James Toney's.
Primary differences:
A. Peter is bigger than Toney, so reach wasn't an issue.
B. Toney wants you to come close and try to hit him so he can counter you.

on the other hand:
A. Vitali will use his ridiculous wide stance to lean back and out of the way whenever Peter tries to throw anything and will lean back in to throw his own punches.
B. Vitali is willing and able to finish the fight. If he stuns Peter, Peter may not wake up for quite a while.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.