Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO:Berto vs. Forbes: Round By Round/Postfight 9:30 CST
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
For all comments about the Berto-Forbes fight.

Round by Round page is here:

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/roundbyround3503.html

Jack

Administrator
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I really hope Forbes wins this fight. He really should be fighting at 140, but I can't blame him for taking a fight like this. He's done well against undefeated fighters in the last year and a half, but Berto is on a different level than D.Hopkins and Bojado. I think Berto will have enough speed and power to beat Forbes, but I really hope Forbes pulls off the upset.
Mean Mister Mustard
Berto's power is scary, it's not concussive power but you can tell it physically hurts guys to get hit with his blows. Forbes is tough and if Berto stops him he will have made quite a statement.
gods son
Im not too fazed about Berto.
salvador
Generally speaking, Forbes is a boring fighter. But you have to absolutely fucking love a guy who will step up in weight and fight a bigger stronger guy for money.

I'd love to see Forbes win on principle, but at the same time I'd rather see Berto in the mix with Marg, Floyd, and Williams.

The CEO
QUOTE(KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Sep 27 2008, 10:30 PM) [snapback]405439[/snapback]
I really hope Forbes wins this fight. He really should be fighting at 140, but I can't blame him for taking a fight like this. He's done well against undefeated fighters in the last year and a half, but Berto is on a different level than D.Hopkins and Bojado. I think Berto will have enough speed and power to beat Forbes, but I really hope Forbes pulls off the upset.

Pulling for Forbes and Big Floyd here too....
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(salvador @ Sep 27 2008, 10:48 PM) [snapback]405444[/snapback]
Generally speaking, Forbes is a boring fighter. But you have to absolutely fucking love a guy who will step up in weight and fight a bigger stronger guy for money.

I'd love to see Forbes win on principle, but at the same time I'd rather see Berto in the mix with Marg, Floyd, and Williams.

I feel the same way. I think Berto will win based on his natural talent but Forbes should give him a tough test.
Mean Mister Mustard
I like Berto's defense so far, Forbes's as well, but Berto seems a litte too eager. He needs to settle down and conserve energy.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Very close round 1. Both fighters showed good defense, and both fighters landed a few clean blows. That 1-2 at the end of the round might of took it for Forbes, but still a very close round.
dbdbdb
Berto is winging it .... trying to get Forbes out of there early.

rd#1 = Berto
gods son
Berto is walking into shots, he may catch a huge one?
The CEO
Interesting first 2 rounds...Forbes has a chance to win this on experience...
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I think Forbes won round 2 as well. He's boxing really well, making Berto miss shots. Berto is winging shots too much and needs to tighten up those right hands. Forbes landed numerous clean shots in that round too. Pretty good fight so far.
gods son
Today's fighters have no foot work?
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Berto came out with a lot of intensity in round3. Forbes is cut over his left eye now, and was outworked in the round. Berto threw a lot of nice combos, but didn't land many clean shots. We'll see how that cut plays a factor in the fight. 29-28 Forbes.
Mean Mister Mustard
What do Juan Diaz, the Peterson brothers, Devon Alexander and Berto have in common?
gods son
who the hell is this ref???
gods son
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Sep 27 2008, 10:06 PM) [snapback]405456[/snapback]
What do Juan Diaz, the Peterson brothers, Devon Alexander and Berto have in common?

quantity, no quality.

The CEO
Berto is winning....he wants the KO BAD....needs to just let it come....he's gassing....
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Berto just fighting with a lot of intensity in rounds 4 and 5. He's putting the pressure on, and Forbes just isn't doing enough to win the rounds. Forbes did better work to the body in the 5th round, but i guess he's hoping Berto fades.
dbdbdb
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Sep 27 2008, 11:09 PM) [snapback]405459[/snapback]
Berto is winning....he wants the KO BAD....needs to just let it come....he's gassing....

Yeah, he's trying too hard to prove himself against the best opponent he's faced up to this point. Fighting a very aggresive fight soo far ...... Forbes is waiting too much and that is costing him rounds.
The CEO
kinda reminiscent of how Harris came out against Maussa, dbdbdb.....

and Forbes works the body more after Berto's gassing was recognized....if Forbes had more power in his punches, he could turn this around easily...Berto is still exploding here and there...but he's holding alot as well...

KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
LOL! I think i just heard the ref call the timekeeper a dumb shit
gods son
QUOTE(KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Sep 27 2008, 10:21 PM) [snapback]405463[/snapback]
LOL! I think i just heard the ref call the timekeeper a dumb shit

lol..serious??
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Forbes better hope Berto fades in these last four rounds. Forbes doesn't seem comfortable with the pace of the fight. He's been outworked in most these rounds.
dbdbdb
QUOTE(KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Sep 27 2008, 11:23 PM) [snapback]405465[/snapback]
Forbes better hope Berto fades in these last four rounds. Forbes doesn't seem comfortable with the pace of the fight. He's been outworked in most these rounds.

I agree ..... I got it 8-2 for Berto.
The CEO
Well...Berto has proven he is in great shape like the team said....he's overcome his fatigue and is on his 3rd wind at the moment...still throwing fast and hard punches going into the 11th....

This is all but over....Forbes will savvy his way out to make the full 12....
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I got this fight 108-101. Forbes is still having a hard time with the workrate of Berto. Berto is showing he can go all 12 rounds in this fight, and is proving his worth. He's got fast hands and fights with a lot of intensity.
Mean Mister Mustard
I like Berto right now. He's proven he can set a good pace and keep it. Not everyone will make it to 12 against him.
BigG
On the scores its not that close. I really like Forbes, he is a tough cat with good skills but he should be at 140. Berto is an impressive fighter.
dbdbdb
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Sep 27 2008, 11:33 PM) [snapback]405469[/snapback]
Well...Berto has proven he is in great shape like the team said....he's overcome his fatigue and is on his 3rd wind at the moment...still throwing fast and hard punches going into the 11th....

This is all but over....Forbes will savvy his way out to make the full 12....

Forbes is just short on gunpowder and hasn't been able to to put the fear of God in Berto ... I will give Berto credit though, he's there to fight, no dancing, no running, no BS.

Bring on Berto vs Cotto ...... thumbsup_anim.gif
Mean Mister Mustard
147 is a dream division. I say that if Berto doesn't fight Collazo next he should fight Cintron just to see him against a puncher.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
This fight reminded me of DLH-Forbes in a way. Forbes showed that he's still got something left, but didn't have the workrate or strenght to match up with the opponent. Berto outworked Forbes from rounds 3-12. The 6th and 11th were close rounds, but Berto just had more intensity in there. I had it 118-110. Berto should now look for a fight with Quintana or Collazo, two former titlists who may have a shot against Berto. Forbes needs to get down to 140, which is his natural weight right now. He can't handle the bigger guys anymore, and it's not the contender, so it's not five round fights. He still has the skills to compete at 140, and be a gatekeeper for the time being.
BigG
You're right KYLE. Berto looked good against DHop and Bojado at 140. He can def. do some damage there.

It's a good title defense for Berto.
The CEO
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Sep 27 2008, 11:39 PM) [snapback]405473[/snapback]
Forbes is just short on gunpowder and hasn't been able to to put the fear of God in Berto ... I will give Berto credit though, he's there to fight, no dancing, no running, no BS.
Bring on Berto vs Cotto ...... thumbsup_anim.gif

I'd like to see that fight.

I'm not digging Berto....the bursts and holding, along with with his faces and antics, just don't do it for me.....that being said....he's a great physical specimen with some good skills on both sides....I'll be looking forward to his chin checkin'...
gods son
Berto would get crushed by the big punchers in the division.

JonnyBlaze
Berto is one of my favorites and I thought he looked real good in this fight..Forbes isn't a push over at all,he is always serious when he gets in the ring..
thefloatingmonkey
I though Berto looked bad when he was on the inside. He just kinda would sit there. He clinches as much as a heavy weight too. I think he will continue to mature though and be a good fighter. If he fought any of the top WW's right now he would get beat. Cotto, Marg, or Clotty would handle him.
D-MARV
Berto can get thrown off real easy! I thought Forbes had him frustrated early! But Berto stepped up! Cotto Vs Berto would be an excellent fight but too risky for Cotto!!!!

eternalfighter
Berto vs Soto Karas would be a good test for Berto and a good shot at a title for Soto Karas.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.