Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO: Mosley vs. Mayorga Round by Round/Postfight 9:30 CST
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jack 1000
For everything on-going and post fight reactions to Mosley-Mayorga.

Round by Round is here:

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/roundbyround3503.html

Jack

Administrator
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Im kinda hyped for this fight. This was supposed to happen back in 04, but my boy spinks put a stop to that. It would of been a pretty big fight then, and I still think this could be a good one. Mayorga seems really prepared, and from those videos on the front page, he looks lean and ready. Mosley has a lot of speed so we'll see what happens.
gods son
ok baby lets go...
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Mayorga in the ring, and he looks ready to go. Mosley coming out to A Mili. I thought he'd get a better reception since he from Cali. Let's get it on
Mean Mister Mustard
Say what you want about Mayorga but the man has balls. He kept on going against Trinidad even after absorbing some bad bad medicine. Mosley is either going to have to bash him all night or KO him with 1 punch because Mayorga will be there all night.
gods son
mayorga showing respect!!
gods son
Mosely looks shyt!!
He is fighting the wrong fight..
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Very exciting round 1. Mayorga came out right away and landed a right hand, he landed another one too. Mosley looked tense, but in the middle of the round landed a huge right that stunned Mayorga. Towards the end of the round it looked like Mayorga stunned Shane with a big right. I give the round to Mayorga.
The CEO
ooooooooOOOOOOOOOOO

Mayorga brought it to Mosley that round.....pissed Mosley off.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Very exciting round 1. Mayorga came out right away and landed a right hand, he landed another one too. Mosley looked tense, but in the middle of the round landed a huge right that stunned Mayorga. Towards the end of the round it looked like Mayorga stunned Shane with a big right. I give the round to Mayorga.
The CEO
Man...I was thinking before the opening bell that Mosley looked dry...and he's fighting like it...
D-MARV
I have it 2-0 Mayorga. Shane is not looking good at all!
dbdbdb
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Sep 28 2008, 12:04 AM) [snapback]405489[/snapback]
I have it 2-0 Mayorga. Shane is not looking good at all!

Shockingly ... That's how I have it. Mosley is not fighting his fight at the moment and is catching alot from the Helicopter.
gods son
shane i warming up, i sense it..mayorga needs to get him out there before the 6.
HaydelHammer
this fight is ugly. I'm going to grab a beer and fix me a sammich
D-MARV
Shane is looking like shit!
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Mosley almost looks scared in there. Mayorga is just doing more, and everytime Mayora makes one move, Mosley flinches or moves away. Mayorga is stronger, and is getting Mosley to fight his fight. He needs to get inside and throw fast combos. I got it 30-27 Mayorga.
gods son
37 yrs has caught up, shane cannot fight how he used to do.
I see hopkins getting destroyed also.
D-MARV
Shane looked alot better in the 4th. Maybe he is warmed up now!
HaydelHammer
why doesn't shane just lunge in with a short, tight left hook and take this dude out? he's (mayorga) looping the sh*t out of his money right haymaker a$$ punch.
gods son
I knew it...

mosely is warmed up..he will unleash..
The CEO
I can't stress how important it is to build a good sweat before you start fighting....ESPECIALLY against a brawler like Mayorga....
EpTXCHAMP
father time catches up to all of us. looks like it did to mosely 3-1 i gave shane this last one.
dbdbdb
Mayorga reminds me of a straight street fighter .... and he's got Mosley flinching and timid.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Shane finally starting to get into the fight in round 4. He's catching Mayorga coming in, and starting to go to work. Round 5 was a little closer, but Mosley took over near the end with the cleaner shots. HBO is going a little nuts over the shots Mosley is landing, but he won the 4th and 5th rounds.
The CEO
Shane is warming up alright....but that was a very big mistake on his part to start off dry against Mayorga....I expect the tide to turn big time real soon....Mayorga can't handle alot of rounds...
BigG
Mayorga took the first 3 rounds..but Mosley is getting him now
HaydelHammer
QUOTE(EpTXCHAMP @ Sep 28 2008, 12:14 AM) [snapback]405502[/snapback]
father time catches up to all of us. looks like it did to mosely 3-1 i gave shane this last one.

this is more of a style issue imo.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
God damn, huge round for Mosley. He landed everything he threw, and landed many clean shots. Mayorga not doing anything this round, but taking punishment. However, Mayorga doesn't seem too hurt, and he isn't wobbled. Big round for Shane though.
gods son
Mosley has that ferocious mean look..

EpTXCHAMP
shane of two yrs ago whould have cleaned mayo out by now....got it 3-3 mayo is fading
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Mayorga got back to business in round 7. He actually landed a couple jabs, and landed a big uppercut at the end of the round. He did more than Mosley that round, and doesn't seem to be losing steam. He's still coming forward and putting the pressure on. Gotta give it to him. 67-66 Mayorga.
BigG
QUOTE(KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Sep 28 2008, 04:24 AM) [snapback]405511[/snapback]
Mayorga got back to business in round 7. He actually landed a couple jabs, and landed a big uppercut at the end of the round. He did more than Mosley that round, and doesn't seem to be losing steam. He's still coming forward and putting the pressure on. Gotta give it to him. 67-66 Mayorga.

I have the same score but it could also be 67-66 Mosley.
gods son
i hope shane retires after this!!!!!
HaydelHammer
too much sportsmanship in this fight...stop tapping gloves and fight chumps.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Mayorga pulling a Ruiz in round 8. He's throwing one punch at a time and clinching. It's actually kind of effective since Mosley can't throw shots inbetween. Mayorga is landing some shots in this round too. Mosley having a frustrating round 8 and getting outworked. Good round for Mayorga. 77-75 Mayorga.
BigG
I guess Mayorga took that last round too...so I have it 77-75 Mayorga but it could also be 76-76.
dbdbdb
Mayorga took both 7 & 8 ... looks like Mosley is gassing.
The CEO
Watch how Mayorga's face and eyes light up before he throws a haymaker....straight from Punch Out....lol
dbdbdb
QUOTE(gods son @ Sep 28 2008, 12:27 AM) [snapback]405513[/snapback]
i hope shane retires after this!!!!!

He's calling for Margarito in Nov. So, he's not ready to check out yet.
gods son
this is sad...i blame Jin!!

KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Back to the same for Mayorga. He's clinching and fighting on the inside. Shane finally landing a couple shots on the inside, but mainly grabbing. Both fighters have landed some decent shots in this round. Good uppercut at the end by Mayorga, but it was a very close round. Gotta give it to Mayorga since he's controlling the pace of the fight. HBO is giving Shane too much credit in there. Mayorga is doing a fairly good job. 87-84 Mayorga.
HaydelHammer
I'm no trainer or even close but I'd think str8 punches would be more effective against the looping puncher mayorga.

just something I noticed when oscar and tito damn near killed this guy.
gods son
go on shane, land one Finisher!!!!
BigG
I have it 87-84 Mayorga after that round..
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Id give Shane the 10th round. He landed the cleaner shots, and controlled the rytham. Mayorga didnt press as much that round either. Should be interesting to close the fight
BigG
96-94 Mayorga for me...
dbdbdb
Mayorga has taken the last 4 rounds ......... Shane is going to need a KO. Mosleys corner just said "that you have to finish this so you can fight Margarito."

They better stop looking ahead .. and take care of Mayorga.
HaydelHammer
that ref either needs to cut it all off or go to a hair clinic and get that problem fixed upstairs
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
This is a pretty rough fight with a lot of clinching and mauling. Shane landed some pretty big shots in the 11th, and is closing the gap on the cards. I got Mayorga up 105-104 going into the last round. This is a hard fight to score though, and it's close.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.