Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: P4P best chin
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
JonnyBlaze
Who do you all think has the P4P best chins in the last 10-20 years??List your top 10..I'd really want to see what order you'd put them in but if ya can't decide,put em in any order..
D-MARV
Off the top of my head I would say JCC & Margarito
kidbazooka1
Chavez had in my opinion the greatest chin of all time those bombs he took from Rosario Mayweather and even late in his career agianst DLH would have flattened most fighters.

Margarito has the best chin currently in boxing another underesitmated chin is Johnny Tapia's in his prime the guy was never hurt and he took some brutal shots from Danny Romero who was at the time ranked p4p the hardest puncher in boxing.
STEVENSKI
Judah P4P Brooklyn baby
Douchebag
That Andrade guy that fought Mikkel Kessler has the most impressive chin I've ever seen. Where do you guys rank his chin?
D-MARV
I forgot to mention Marvin Hagler!
King Eugene
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Sep 30 2008, 07:39 PM) [snapback]405908[/snapback]
Judah P4P Brooklyn baby

LOL yep, he sure could take a shot but nobody could take one like Mundine!

No but really I think Frazier had a tough Chin, James Toney doesn't have a bad chin himself. Of course sorry ass Margarito has a pretty good chin. Admit it or not but Winky has a pretty descent chin too...I mean come on he has never been hurt.
D-MARV
QUOTE(3King3 @ Sep 30 2008, 08:35 PM) [snapback]405912[/snapback]
LOL yep, he sure could take a shot but nobody could take one like Mundine!

No but really I think Frazier had a tough Chin, James Toney doesn't have a bad chin himself. Of course sorry ass Margarito has a pretty good chin. Admit it or not but Winky has a pretty descent chin too...I mean come on he has never been hurt.

I wouldnt say Winky had a Great chin. He just had really good defense! He was hurt bad in his first loss! He was down something like 5 times!!! BHOP wobbled him too! Good Chin but nothing special!
STEVENSKI
There are a lot of guys that had great chins but I think what makes a fighter truly tough is a combination of chin & heart.

Tyson showed great chin & heart until he would go down & then it was game over

Frazier always showed great chin & heart but when he got dropped he would always get up.

Spyder
Tua had a great chin. Emanuel Augustus has a great chin too.
JonnyBlaze
My number 1 P4P is Holyfield..He took everything Lennox,Bowe,Foreman,Mercer,Tyson,and soo many others had and didn't go down..Of course he went down in the Bowe fight but there was from one of the craziest cumulative amount of punches from a guy 30 lbs bigger than him(no one else would of been able to take that)..Also ya guys need to remember Holy wasn't fighting guys within a 7 lb. range of him,he was fighting guys 30-50 lbs bigger than him at times..To tell ya the truth,I've even laughed hard as hell from how hard Holy gets hit and he acts like nothing happened..It's seriously insane!!A non-injuried Holyfield who was able to defend himself from right hands and not take repeated right hands from not being able to raise his arm could take a shot from anyone..If you wonder why you're seeing Holy get hit a lot and him not raising his left arm,he was injuried..This is why some people thought he had bad defense,but Holy had a amazing defense..Gotta watch closely though..

Also,I don't think I would rate Frazier in the top P4P..He had a good one,but Foreman crushed him!!Also,I think Holy took bigger bombs from Foreman than Frazier did..He weighed 3 lbs more than Frazier did in that fight and weighed 50 lbs more than Holyfield did in their fight..You may say Foreman was fat or whatever but he was in shape in my opinion..He went 12 hard rounds with Holy and I mean HARD rounds!!Foreman took a 20 punch combo from Holy that all landed..Foreman said Holy hit him with the biggest left hook he'd been hit by..It is disputable which Foreman hit harder though..Fraziers heart was bigger than his chin which held him up in some of his fights..
King Eugene
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Sep 30 2008, 08:43 PM) [snapback]405913[/snapback]
I wouldnt say Winky had a Great chin. He just had really good defense! He was hurt bad in his first loss! He was down something like 5 times!!! BHOP wobbled him too! Good Chin but nothing special!

Yea your right, we can put him in the P4P best defense category.
pcraw
No particular order, but here goes:

Marvin Hagler
Aaron Pryor
Julio Caesar Chavez
George Foreman
Evander Holyfield
Mike Tyson
Antonio Margarito
Sugar Ray Robinson
Larry Holmes (that shot he took from Shavers was crazy)
Roberto Duran
Shane Mosley
Bernard Hopkins
Boxingjunkie
Dont forget Merciless Ray Mercer. He had a great chin till he got old.
King Eugene
Sugar Shane Mosley

and as much as I hate to give him any credit but Antonio Tarver got some pretty good whiskers on him.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(pcraw @ Sep 30 2008, 11:44 PM) [snapback]405944[/snapback]
No particular order, but here goes:

Marvin Hagler
Aaron Pryor
Julio Caesar Chavez
George Foreman
Evander Holyfield
Mike Tyson
Antonio Margarito
Sugar Ray Robinson
Larry Holmes (that shot he took from Shavers was crazy)
Roberto Duran
Shane Mosley
Bernard Hopkins

Percy comes through with a post!!I like the list..I would only be able to question Hopkins..I don't think if I've seen Hopkins chin tested as much as I'd like to put him on P4P best chin..He knows a lot of sercrets to not get hit flush and normally doesn't..I like that ya put George Foreman on here cause he for sure needs to be..haha..I think I would replace Hopkins with Ray Mercer or Vitali Klitchko..I don't know who I'd go with..Thinking about that one uppercut Lennox hit Vitali with may make me want to go with him..Mercer had been put down by 3 big punchers in my opinion in Shannon Briggs,Wlad. Klitchko,and Holyfield..Mercer fought EVERYONE..Undecided..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(3King3 @ Oct 1 2008, 03:10 AM) [snapback]405958[/snapback]
Sugar Shane Mosley

and as much as I hate to give him any credit but Antonio Tarver got some pretty good whiskers on him.

Yeah,Tarver definitely is a guy to be P4P best chins..
pcraw
I wouldnt put Vitali based on one punch he took from Lennox. I can't remember him getting tagged in any of his other fights. I think Hopkins has an excellent chin. Both Antwun Echols and Trinidad hit him with his head turned (Echols twice) and he ate them. Also got tagged by Mercado a couple of times as well. Mercer would definitely make my list.
Big Slim Sweet
James Toney IMO has the best p4p chin I've ever seen.

Ray Mercer in his prime was granite too.

Hagler, Holyfield, Andrade, Margarito, Tyson, Tua, etc...
pcraw
Ibeabuchi's seemed pretty sturdy as well!
Spyder
QUOTE(pcraw @ Oct 1 2008, 01:45 PM) [snapback]405992[/snapback]

Ah man...do you know what you just did?

We've gone a good 3 or 4 months without an Ike thread, and now you've gone and dropped his name on everyone's mind.

laugh.gif
The CEO
"That punch he knocked Byrd out with was WICKED SICK!! Byrd was drooling like an infant. Can't forget Ibeabuci-Tua....what a WAR!! IKE COULD HAVE BEEN THE GREATEST HEAVYWEIGHT OF ALL TIME!! He went crazy. Now he's all fat in jail. Ike can come back!"

There....did I cover everything?

laugh.gif
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Oct 1 2008, 12:08 AM) [snapback]405938[/snapback]
My number 1 P4P is Holyfield..He took everything Lennox,Bowe,Foreman,Mercer,Tyson,and soo many others had and didn't go down..Of course he went down in the Bowe fight but there was from one of the craziest cumulative amount of punches from a guy 30 lbs bigger than him(no one else would of been able to take that)..Also ya guys need to remember Holy wasn't fighting guys within a 7 lb. range of him,he was fighting guys 30-50 lbs bigger than him at times..To tell ya the truth,I've even laughed hard as hell from how hard Holy gets hit and he acts like nothing happened..It's seriously insane!!A non-injuried Holyfield who was able to defend himself from right hands and not take repeated right hands from not being able to raise his arm could take a shot from anyone..If you wonder why you're seeing Holy get hit a lot and him not raising his left arm,he was injuried..This is why some people thought he had bad defense,but Holy had a amazing defense..Gotta watch closely though..

Also,I don't think I would rate Frazier in the top P4P..He had a good one,but Foreman crushed him!!Also,I think Holy took bigger bombs from Foreman than Frazier did..He weighed 3 lbs more than Frazier did in that fight and weighed 50 lbs more than Holyfield did in their fight..You may say Foreman was fat or whatever but he was in shape in my opinion..He went 12 hard rounds with Holy and I mean HARD rounds!!Foreman took a 20 punch combo from Holy that all landed..Foreman said Holy hit him with the biggest left hook he'd been hit by..It is disputable which Foreman hit harder though..Fraziers heart was bigger than his chin which held him up in some of his fights..

you got it,....Holyfield.......just who I had in mind.......perhaps the best chin of all time......
mnvkng76
ALI
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(pcraw @ Oct 1 2008, 12:45 PM) [snapback]405992[/snapback]

Good one!!I was just talking about Ike a few days ago on here about the Tua fight..ike threw about 1000 punches and they combined almost 2000 punches..Heavyweight record for both those stats..

Holyfield #1 though..
STEVENSKI
Ike could be the greatest fighter ever but he went to jail.

So when does he come up for parole so he can dominate the division...........................................
thehype
Mosley...I'm still not sure how he survived that WICKED combination that Forrest floored him with. Then he went on to finish the fight...crazy.

De La Hoya too.

Glen Johnson has some pretty solid whiskers.

Not for nothing, but Jeff Lacy is pretty good at taking a pounding on his chin...although I'm not sure I'd rank him too high.

laugh.gif

Gotta give Mayorga some credit too...not sure how many guys can stick their chin out and take more than one clean and flush shots from Vernon Forrest or Felix Trinidad. If he had some defense and didn't eat so many punches, he probably could have won quite a few more fights.

laugh.gif

STEVENSKI
Raheem for P4P biggest forehead.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Oct 1 2008, 05:35 PM) [snapback]406008[/snapback]
Ike could be the greatest fighter ever but he went to jail.

So when does he come up for parole so he can dominate the division...........................................

I'd have one question about Ike..How would he deal with skilled tall/big guys??Espcially someone like Klitchko who has a A+ jab..
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Oct 2 2008, 03:49 AM) [snapback]406022[/snapback]
I'd have one question about Ike..How would he deal with skilled tall/big guys??Espcially someone like Klitchko who has a A+ jab..

You just don't get it do you. Ike is potentially the greatest fighter ever & no one needs to justify that claim just look at his crazy eyes.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Oct 1 2008, 11:37 PM) [snapback]406023[/snapback]
You just don't get it do you. Ike is potentially the greatest fighter ever & no one needs to justify that claim just look at his crazy eyes.

HAHA..I don't get it??You must not of read the other posts I wrote about Ike on another forum a few days ago..I had said Ike would of ruled the division very possibly..NO doubt in my mind though he would of been a champ..I think Holyfield would of beaten Ike though by decision..

I was only wondering what he'd do against a really tall guy..If he got on the inside with anyone though,he'd rough em up,except for Holyfield..He and Holyfield would of been a all time great fight..They both like fighting on the inside and both are masters on the inside..Ike/Riddick Bowe would of been a instant classic too..

Ike is P4P one of the best chins,P4P best work rate ever at heavyweight(shit,Ike was 235 too),P4P on of the best inside fighters at heavyweight,and P4P one of the most skilled at heavyweight..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Oct 1 2008, 11:37 PM) [snapback]406023[/snapback]

HAHA..I don't get it??You must not of read the other posts I wrote about Ike on another forum a few days ago..I had said Ike would of ruled the division very possibly..NO doubt in my mind though he would of been a champ..I think Holyfield would of beaten Ike though by decision..

I was only wondering what he'd do against a really tall guy..If he got on the inside with anyone though,he'd rough em up,except for Holyfield..He and Holyfield would of been a all time great fight..They both like fighting on the inside and both are masters on the inside..Ike/Riddick Bowe would of been a instant classic too..

Ike is P4P one of the best chins,P4P best work rate ever at heavyweight(shit,Ike was 235 too),P4P on of the best inside fighters at heavyweight,and P4P one of the most skilled at heavyweight..
STEVENSKI
You still don't get it though. Jail beat Ike not anyone else. Look up some of the old Ike threads on here & you will see what I mean.
King Eugene
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Oct 2 2008, 01:56 AM) [snapback]406024[/snapback]

Dang how many P4P's can you have? LOL

And why cant he just have the best work rate at heavyweight and not pound for pound the best workrate? Please dont tell me you think its two divisions for the heavyweights like Salvador do for the welterweights. LMAO Next time just go with one of the best work rates, inside fighters, and skilled fighters at heavy weight. LOL you got carried away with the P4P comments. LOL P4P is when your comparing other divisions and not comparing within the division right? LOL

I'm not being a butthole, I just noticed how you got carried using P4P lol.
King Eugene
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Oct 2 2008, 02:03 AM) [snapback]406026[/snapback]
Jail beat Ike not anyone else.

ROTFL damn, Jail is undefeated. He whooped Tyson ass too. LOL
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Oct 2 2008, 01:03 AM) [snapback]406026[/snapback]
You still don't get it though. Jail beat Ike not anyone else. Look up some of the old Ike threads on here & you will see what I mean.

Dude I have every Ike fight that was on TV,I've seen it all from him..I know what you mean..I never just watch fights,I study them..Ike was in line for a title shot then he got locked up..Jail definitely took him out,no one else..He had just beat Chris Byrd and he was ready for a title fight..What he did to Chris Byrd throughout the whole fight was amazing..Byrd was in his prime(reflexes and everthing perfect) and Ike was still able to get to him like no one could before..The Tua fight is another example..He took everything Tua had and kept hittin Tua with bombs..Ike was for real and the same shit happened to him that happened to Ali during his prime,he got taken out the boxing world..Ike just never got a second chance,he lost it all..I don't need to read what other people said about Ike to understand anything..

It is still fucked up thinking about why he got locked up..All over a stripper..He ruined it for himself,sadly..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(3King3 @ Oct 2 2008, 01:18 AM) [snapback]406027[/snapback]
Dang how many P4P's can you have? LOL

And why cant he just have the best work rate at heavyweight and not pound for pound the best workrate? Please dont tell me you think its two divisions for the heavyweights like Salvador do for the welterweights. LMAO Next time just go with one of the best work rates, inside fighters, and skilled fighters at heavy weight. LOL you got carried away with the P4P comments. LOL P4P is when your comparing other divisions and not comparing within the division right? LOL

I'm not being a butthole, I just noticed how you got carried using P4P lol.

hahahaha..Good call 3king3..I got carried away for sure!!"P4P best workrate at heavyweight"..hahahaha..Well I would put him in the P4P best workrate category..He was 235 and threw almost 1000 punches..He always was consistant with punch numbers..Glad ya stopped my madness with the P4P ratings...hahaha..
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(3King3 @ Oct 2 2008, 06:19 AM) [snapback]406028[/snapback]
ROTFL damn, Jail is undefeated. He whooped Tyson ass too. LOL

jail never beat Carter.

Could have been the champion of the world...............................
STEVENSKI
No no no Johnny. LOOK UP SOME OF THE OLD IKE THREADS!!
King Eugene
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Oct 2 2008, 02:46 AM) [snapback]406035[/snapback]
jail never beat Carter.

Could have been the champion of the world...............................

Rubin Carter?
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(3King3 @ Oct 2 2008, 02:48 AM) [snapback]406039[/snapback]
Rubin Carter?

Yup,the hurricane..
rusty_trombone
Moses.
Boxingjunkie
Just as predicted. It went from a P4P thread to an Ike thread LOL.
D-MARV
OScar De La Hoya has a great chin!!!
I dont know if anyone has posted his name but he is up for an arguement!
Mean Mister Mustard
Marvin Hagler! Only time he was dropped was a slip that was ruked a knockdown. The man was the definition of a rock.
pcraw
Agree on Hagler that was definitely a slip against Rolden. I can't believe no one has said Jose Luis Castillo.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(pcraw @ Oct 2 2008, 04:38 PM) [snapback]406055[/snapback]
Agree on Hagler that was definitely a slip against Rolden. I can't believe no one has said Jose Luis Castillo.

Castillo had a rock chin too i don't think he was ever KD by a head shot.
King Eugene
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Oct 2 2008, 06:44 PM) [snapback]406060[/snapback]
Castillo had a rock chin too i don't think he was ever KD by a head shot.

Yea he had a good chin but Coralles would have made you think otherwise if you didnt already know him.
pcraw
Honestly, I think the Corrales fight showed how great his chin was. The knockout was ugly, but he still never hit the canvas.
King Eugene
QUOTE(pcraw @ Oct 3 2008, 12:07 AM) [snapback]406066[/snapback]
Honestly, I think the Corrales fight showed how great his chin was. The knockout was ugly, but he still never hit the canvas.

Cause he couldn't get off the ropes. He was out on his feet. Besides that fight he stilled showed that he had some pretty good whiskers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.