Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO B.A.D Tripleheader: Prefight/RBR/Postfight
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
I am consolidating tonight's 3 little fights into one thread as they are not big enough matches to stand on their own, but we might get something interesting on 1 of the 3 perhaps. What are everyone's comments on this card?

Jack

Administrator
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Oct 4 2008, 07:24 PM) [snapback]406159[/snapback]
I am consolidating tonight's 3 little fights into one thread as they are not big enough matches to stand on their own, but we might get something interesting on 1 of the 3 perhaps. What are everyone's comments on this card?

Jack

Administrator

Aren't the fights on PPV??I saw the Abraham fight is..
Jack 1000
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Oct 4 2008, 10:12 PM) [snapback]406163[/snapback]
Aren't the fights on PPV??I saw the Abraham fight is..

In the USA the HBO tripleheader of rising stars is on regular HBO, not PPV. Not sure about the Abraham fight. Anyone have more details in this?

Jack
thefloatingmonkey
Abraham fight was cancelled, apparently he got the flu.

The three fights on HBO tonight were really good. Martinez looked sharp. Angulo looked good tonight too. can't believe that fight when as long as it did. Lampley was yelling at the ref or corner or someone that they needed to stop the fight. Tsurkan took a beating.
kidbazooka1
Martinez looked real good tonight sh*t i'll go as far as to say I think he beats forrest at this stage in his career. Angulo looked good aswell that fight should have been stopped way earlier I just hope Andrei end up ok. As for Gamboa again he got dropped on HBO but to his credit he did finish off an undefeated fighter who looked like a pretty good oponent for Gamboa.
The CEO
3 fights that are definitely worth watching.....a little bit of everything was showcased....

Martinez fights like he thinks he's special, don't he?....a pretty boy with a mohawk mullet fighting with his hands all low......dude's got some SERIOUS speed though...with excellent accuracy in that jab and a little power to boot....

Angulo put it on Tsurkan...who showed too much heart and too little skill....Angulo could make some noise and get a title shot or two someday....but I see him coming up short against the good boxing types....

To the main event....I was talking about Martinez thinking he was special....well...Gamboa is CONVINCED he's a SUPERBEAST...what a cockdiesel, little fucker...lol......he gets knocked down by a follow through elbow in the 1st and comes back TO DESTROY his opponent in the 2nd...that's how you take care of business when the spotlight's on you, and you get dropped in the 1st round....

It was a solid card.
Snoop
Whoops, wrong post
BigG
Gamboa is the truth...that's all I have to say.
Mean Mister Mustard
Ramirez was catching Gamboa with some crisp shots during the exchanges, I hadn't seen anyone effectively stand up to his speed before, although he didin't stand up for long. The way Ramirez went down it looked as if they were body punches that he had been hit with. Coming up from the midwest I bet he had never been hit like that before and had no punch resistance.

Angulo looked like he always does, coming foward and taking his time in beating his man up. He doesn't seem all that special but he's far more dnagerous than he seems. A good boxer should beat him though.

Martinez looked like a southpaw Sergio Mora but with power.
thefloatingmonkey
The quick count when Ramirez got dropped was a little lame by the ref. He was definitely getting up and then the ref gave the super quick count the last two seconds.

Martinez needs to pick up his hands.
RayFanofRealBoxers
I can definitely see Angulo giving some entertaining fights to come. He sparred a lot with Margarito. Taught him lateral movements and a little defense.
D-MARV
QUOTE(RayFanofRealBoxers @ Oct 5 2008, 03:35 PM) [snapback]406208[/snapback]
I can definitely see Angulo giving some entertaining fights to come. He sparred a lot with Margarito. Taught him lateral movements and a little defense.

Them Gym Wars with Margarito will pay off for Angulo
salvador
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Oct 5 2008, 10:54 AM) [snapback]406191[/snapback]
Gamboa is the truth...that's all I have to say.

Yep

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.