Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nate Campbell files for bankruptcy, becomes a promotional free agent
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Big Slim Sweet
All cause of Juan Guzman. He not only lost the 300k payday but also apparently the remainder due from his original signing bonus with DKP, which would have net him an additional 100k.

I wonder if GBP would consider signing Nate now after all the stuff (truth) he's spoken about them.
kidbazooka1
Thats what that mucthaf*cker gets for talking so much sh*t.
D-MARV
I kinda feel bad for the man. This man has Grandbabies he needs to feed!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Oct 5 2008, 06:10 PM) [snapback]406220[/snapback]

Me too Damarv..It's crazy he goes bankrupt after not getting that fight..Makes me kinda wonder where his money went..He wasn't one of the highest paid guys but still..
MarzB
This could be two things. What it reads as or a way to get out of his contract with King despite what he says otherwise.

Even if that fight with Guzman occurred. He wasn't going to get $300K. He at best would have netted $200k at the most if not $100K based on his tax troubles. The whole spin on "he needed this fight to receive his signing bonus" sounds very suspicious (not on his part). You're telling me through no fault of his own, he doesn't get paid and the company still can't give him part or all of his signing bonus??

I remember on the Showtime telecast Nate was saying, "I'm still getting paid". Maybe he didn't but again who's to say this is really what it is?? I seriously doubt Nate is on any type of "skid row" as he still does have some good pay days ahead..
Fitz
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Oct 6 2008, 10:10 AM) [snapback]406220[/snapback]

Why feel bad? He still earns more than the average man. Many people are in a lot worse situations.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Fitz @ Oct 6 2008, 01:36 AM) [snapback]406240[/snapback]
Why feel bad? He still earns more than the average man. Many people are in a lot worse situations.

I don't think I'd feel bad if we knew where his money went..If he partied it away for spent it on stupid shit,it's his fault..If he was giving his mom,dad,and siblings money and went bankrupt,I'd feel bad..
Fitz
Exactly.

I'm not saying I am happy he lost his money, but there are people who support families on $50,000 and less. Sure, for a boxer he is poor, but wealthy compared to the average joe. With that money, he shouldn't have problems supporting a family. Unless his priorities aren't in order.
Boxingjunkie
QUOTE(Fitz @ Oct 6 2008, 02:32 AM) [snapback]406242[/snapback]
Exactly.

I'm not saying I am happy he lost his money, but there are people who support families on $50,000 and less. Sure, for a boxer he is poor, but wealthy compared to the average joe. With that money, he shouldn't have problems supporting a family. Unless his priorities aren't in order.

Thank you my thoughts exactly.
Method
Declaring bankruptcy could've been a strategy on Nate's part. It happens a lot, and we've seen it in boxing plenty. Doesn't mean he's out on his ass.
King Eugene
It sucks but he'll be alright. Another fight or two he'll be back on his feet. But he isn't completely assed out though.
moscow bear
what i found funny is that he is a grandad at 36
Mean Mister Mustard
He should fight Guzman, I still want to see that.
King Eugene
I'd like to see it too. But I'd like to see Nate Campbell vs. Pac Man or Casamayora
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.