Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Evander Holyfield set to face Valuev in December
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
thehype
HOLYFIELD SET TO FACE VALUEV IN DECEMBER

45-year-old former undisputed heavyweight champion Evander Holyfield has agreed to face current WBA heavyweight champion Nikolai Valuev in a bout tentatively scheduled for December 20th in Switzerland or Germany. Holyfield, who turns 46 later this month, last fought in October of 2007 when he lost a 12-round unanimous decision to then WBO heavyweight champion Sultan Ibragimov.

read more

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content3583.html

dntknw.gif

Mean Mister Mustard
12 rounds of Holy getting hit with a jab mixed in with lots of holding. Can't wait.
King Eugene
What in the hell? I guess he feels he still has some juice left in his battery! My question is, how in the hell did he manage to get another title shot? I bet JohnnyBlaze is eating this shit up! LOL
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(3King3 @ Oct 9 2008, 12:06 AM) [snapback]406550[/snapback]
What in the hell? I guess he feels he still has some juice left in his battery! My question is, how in the hell did he manage to get another title shot? I bet JohnnyBlaze is eating this shit up! LOL

He beat up Ibragimov. And by beat up I mean lost for 11 rounds.
King Eugene
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Oct 9 2008, 12:12 AM) [snapback]406551[/snapback]
He beat up Ibragimov. And by beat up I mean lost for 11 rounds.

LMAO man you crazy.

I'm just waiting to hear the excuse from somebody after the fight that he lost because he couldn't block the straight right hands cause he cant lift his shoulder up.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(3King3 @ Oct 9 2008, 12:35 AM) [snapback]406555[/snapback]
LMAO man you crazy.

I'm just waiting to hear the excuse from somebody after the fight that he lost because he couldn't block the straight right hands cause he cant lift his shoulder up.

I kid around but this fight might not be so bad, after all Valuev is not going to be a mobile target and that means Holy won't have to go around looking for him.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(3King3 @ Oct 8 2008, 11:06 PM) [snapback]406550[/snapback]

HAHHAHAHAHA..I'm glad I was brought up..There is no other bigger Holyfield fan!!!I don't really know what to say about this..One of the best smallest heavyweights of the last 20 years Vs. the biggest ever to make it to this level..Holy is a maniac for doing this..I have seen Valuev fight in person before and the guy takes up most of the ring..If Holy can get on the inside,he eats Valuev up..Maybe Holy's speed will give him this fight..I don't want to go against Holy but this isn't the best guy for him to be fighting now..Holy is a different guy since taking the lay off from his shoulder problems..Holy better train harder than ever for this though..330 lbs laying all over you for 12 rounds is going to hell on the legs..Holy,I know ya don't like to run,but you better run your ass off for this..

Hype,ya really need to try to get Holyfield in the chat room for us..Also,try not to make it on a Tuesday,I got a night class from 5:45-9 pm...There is no one you could bring in the chat to make me more excited..hahaha..

3King,you know I am happy as hell for this..If Holy wins,he will further his legacy and number of belts held..No one would be able to beat his record if he won the belt again..He would also match George Foreman for winning the belt at 45..Holy would be making a lot of history if he wins this..He better know this is it for him,I hope he tells everyone this is his last fight..
King Eugene
LOL well even with the odds stacked up against him I'm still rooting for him.
STEVENSKI
Disgraceful. Valuev should be ashamed of himself. The who division is laden with frauds. these guys could not even carry Pinklon Thomas' jock.
Fitz
I think something bad must happen to Holyfield in the ring for him to get the fucking message.
King Eugene
I think until he gets seriously KO'd he wont stop. And I dont mean just a regular KO, I mean a "somebody call the doctor quick" KO.
STEVENSKI
I love the Vander but he needs to be carried off on a stretcher completely motionless & unconcious for him to consider retiring. Sad really.
BigG
Hmmm...Holy will probably lose 120-108 but won't get hurt...so most likely he'll fight on after this fight.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(3King3 @ Oct 8 2008, 11:55 PM) [snapback]406563[/snapback]
LOL well even with the odds stacked up against him I'm still rooting for him.

thumbsup_anim.gif

Holy!Holy!Holy!Holy!
BGv2.0
You know...I love Evander....I got to see his TX tour fights prior to the Imbragamov shot. Age is a bitch...and we all know The Real Deal is only a shell of his former self. He NEVER during the entire course of his career performed well with taller guys.....at 46 or 47...whatever he is....I don't look for that to change.

I my head says Valuev wins this in a lopsided UD......but my heart hopes Holyfield can squeeze out one more title win.

Valuev is not the most skilled guy out there...and even a slow Evander MIGHT be able to pull off an upset.

Nobody can fault Evander for this.....his name makes big $$$$$$ and you know he will ALWAYS take a free shot......but Valuev should be tied to a stake and burned for this!

and for that fact alone.....I'll be hoping that hairy goon gets his title taken away!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Oct 9 2008, 01:24 AM) [snapback]406579[/snapback]
You know...I love Evander....I got to see his TX tour fights prior to the Imbragamov shot. Age is a bitch...and we all know The Real Deal is only a shell of his former self. He NEVER during the entire course of his career performed well with taller guys.....at 46 or 47...whatever he is....I don't look for that to change.

I my head says Valuev wins this in a lopsided UD......but my heart hopes Holyfield can squeeze out one more title win.

Valuev is not the most skilled guy out there...and even a slow Evander MIGHT be able to pull off an upset.

Nobody can fault Evander for this.....his name makes big $$$$$$ and you know he will ALWAYS take a free shot......but Valuev should be tied to a stake and burned for this!

and for that fact alone.....I'll be hoping that hairy goon gets his title taken away!

I agree with ya that Valuev has the edge in this fight but Holy is a beast..He is almost half man half superhero almost..hahahaha..Ya can NEVER count him out of any fight..He would even be semi competitive when he'd go into fights hurt but wouldn't be able to preform to his potential..Holyfield is still faster than most heavyweights if ya ask me..He will always have speed..He'll be 90 and still be able to rip quick left hooks..hahaha..

I think Holy preformed very well in all 3 of the Bowe fights and the second Lennox fight soo I kinda disagree and agree with you saying he had problems with taller guys..Holy was soo smart he knew the way to get in on those guys and would,with his jab..His jab is very underrated I think..He has one of the best jabs at heavyweight and did back then too..Yes,taller guys would give him more problems but I think you're wrong with saying he didn't preform well..Ya also have to think about the taller guys weights too..Holy at his best at heavyweight was 205-215 in my opinion..He was 205 in the first Bowe fight and Bowe is 6'5 and was 235 lbs..It really makes me wonder how much Holy will weigh in this fight cause he'll be fighting a guy easily 100 lbs more than him and 10 inches taller than him..We'll see what happens..
JonnyBlaze
Holy will be 46 on Oct. 19..I totally forgot..Sooooo if he wins this fight,he will be the oldest guy to ever win a heavyweight belt!!!!OHHHH SHIT!!!The more I think about it the better it keeps getting..I wonder what George Foreman thinks about that..I bet he'd be happy for Holy but ya all know he'd be depressed as hell for having his name being second on the list of oldest heavyweight champs ever..Holy would than be the only 5 time heavyweight champ and be the oldest guy to ever win the heavyweight belt..Also 3 time fighter of the year and the very last guy to retire from boxing having gone 15 rounds..
Fitz
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Oct 9 2008, 04:52 PM) [snapback]406574[/snapback]
I love the Vander but he needs to be carried off on a stretcher completely motionless & unconcious for him to consider retiring. Sad really.

He is such a warrior, but I'm starting to wish this as well. He is useless now, it is dangerous for him to keep fighting, he sucks and I'm starting to get tired of him hanging around and I don't even like the heavyweights.
I'm actually hoping Valuev knocks him out big time in this fight. He really needs to be given the message because he will just keep fighting if he keeps losing decisions.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Fitz @ Oct 9 2008, 03:59 AM) [snapback]406587[/snapback]
He is such a warrior, but I'm starting to wish this as well. He is useless now, it is dangerous for him to keep fighting, he sucks and I'm starting to get tired of him hanging around and I don't even like the heavyweights.
I'm actually hoping Valuev knocks him out big time in this fight. He really needs to be given the message because he will just keep fighting if he keeps losing decisions.

Holy is not useless AT ALL..He and Fres had a good heavyweight fight that went 12 rounds..It was a close fight but Fres is no joke..The Lou Savar. fight was good too..It is dangerous for him to keep fighting though..I am the biggest Holyfield fan and will always be pumped for one of his fights but he should hang em up soon(after this fight)..
D-MARV
Thats Crazy! If Valuev doesn't KO him then that will be very bad!
CyruS
QUOTE(thehype @ Oct 8 2008, 11:58 PM) [snapback]406547[/snapback]
HOLYFIELD SET TO FACE VALUEV IN DECEMBER

45-year-old former undisputed heavyweight champion Evander Holyfield has agreed to face current WBA heavyweight champion Nikolai Valuev in a bout tentatively scheduled for December 20th in Switzerland or Germany. Holyfield, who turns 46 later this month, last fought in October of 2007 when he lost a 12-round unanimous decision to then WBO heavyweight champion Sultan Ibragimov.

read more

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content3583.html

dntknw.gif

ROLL DEEP
I'm a Holy fan but he needs to hang his gloves up.

The heavyweight division is a JOKE and this ain't helping it.

Valuev, for his size, is rubbish and Holyfield was around when Moses had the clay tablets.

For the sake of boxing, please, retire Holy. A 7ft freak and a OAP fighting for the heavyweight title only adds to the mockery of heavyweight boxing, imo. It's just going to drive the public to tune into the next UFC fight.
LeeGenius
Lets hope the Barry Bonds of boxing is sufficiently roided up for this bout.
oozemcbuck
calm down.... it looks like a rumor :

WBA heavyweight champion Nikolai Valuev (49-1, 34 KOs) has commented to Fightnews.com on a possible fight against faded former four-time heavyweight champion Evander Holyfield (42-9-2, 27 KOs). "I know nothing and this is the first I've heard about it," said the seven-foot two-time WBA champion. "In general there is an arrangement to fight against Kali Meehan and this fight will take place on December 6th. I'm preparing for this fight. Today I learn that a fight against Holyfield is planned for December 20th. You want me to fight again in two weeks? It's totally ludicrous." Fightnews.com also asked the manager of the Russian Giant Boris Demitrov. "I know nothing about a fight between Nikolai and Holyfield. I talked today with Don King, even he knows nothing about it. Most likely it's an invention," commented Dimitrov.
Thursday, October 9 2008
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(oozemcbuck @ Oct 9 2008, 10:47 AM) [snapback]406597[/snapback]
fight against Kali Meehan and this fight will take place on December 6th. I'm preparing for this fight. Today I learn that a fight against Holyfield is planned for December 20th. You want me to fight again in two weeks? It's totally ludicrous."

Old school fighters would've fought two weeks later.

Faggot thumbsdown_anim.gif

laugh.gif
Boxingjunkie
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Oct 9 2008, 12:21 AM) [snapback]406567[/snapback]
Disgraceful. Valuev should be ashamed of himself. The who division is laden with frauds. these guys could not even carry Pinklon Thomas' jock.

WOW now that is going out on a limb with Thomas. Ok maybe not. Ok maybe your exactly right. Man the heavys do suck these days.
Byrd Man
HO-LY-FIELD! HO-LY-FIELD!

Am I one of the few who thinks he has a real shot? I mean Valuev of all the belt holders, I think he's got the best chance of beating. Valuev isn't mobile, as was pointed out, and I think if Holyfield comes in in good shape, he can get a decision. Don't think he's knocking Valuev out, but I think he could get a decision.

BGv2.0
Sheesh......I'd rather see Valuev/Holy than Valuev/Meehan!

Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Oct 9 2008, 12:26 PM) [snapback]406606[/snapback]
HO-LY-FIELD! HO-LY-FIELD!

Am I one of the few who thinks he has a real shot? I mean Valuev of all the belt holders, I think he's got the best chance of beating. Valuev isn't mobile, as was pointed out, and I think if Holyfield comes in in good shape, he can get a decision. Don't think he's knocking Valuev out, but I think he could get a decision.

I agree. This will be like Holyfield-Ruiz III. And call me crazy but even though Holyfield's reflexes are shot and he can't pull the trigger anymore, Valuev will be right there, his only defense is to clich. Expect to see Holyfield land in between the clinches.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Oct 9 2008, 06:59 AM) [snapback]406581[/snapback]
I think Holy preformed very well in all 3 of the Bowe fights and the second Lennox fight soo I kinda disagree and agree with you saying he had problems with taller guys..Holy was soo smart he knew the way to get in on those guys and would,with his jab..His jab is very underrated I think..He has one of the best jabs at heavyweight and did back then too..

Holyfields jab was awesome especially when he would double & triple it up but it was his legs & movement that allowed him to utilize that jab so effectively especially when getting in & out.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Oct 9 2008, 06:09 PM) [snapback]406614[/snapback]
Sheesh......I'd rather see Valuev/Holy than Valuev/Meehan!

Meehan is on a roll & has a excellent chance of beating Valuev IMO.
King Eugene
Somebody please pay Holyfield to retire. I dont like seeing fighters I like get beat up. Is he trying to end up like Ali?
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(3King3 @ Oct 9 2008, 07:16 PM) [snapback]406635[/snapback]
Somebody please pay Holyfield to retire. I dont like seeing fighters I like get beat up. Is he trying to end up like Ali?

I have never talked to Holy before but I do know him..If that makes sense..Be prepared for some of the craziest shit I've said..haha..Holy doesn't want/need doubters around him..His faith in God is all he needs..He can still do it if he thinks he can..Like I said,Holy is half man,half superhero..hahaha..Ya can't put him down,only he can..Read what he said in Percy's interview with him about mentality and you all will know what I talk about on this message board..Boxing is 90% mental and 10% physical..Read the interview and think about guys like Cotto in the Margarito fight or Zab Judah or Mike Tyson..Holy is the truth!!!Don't put him off cause he'll only surprise ya..Just like in the Tyson fights..Hell,Holy was given upset of the year when he first beat Tyson..Most definitely not,I saw it coming and knew Holy would beat him no matter what part of Holy's career he was in..

I just hope this fight happens soo Holy can do what he was meant to do and take the belt and then he'd be able to tire in peace..Don't get me wrong,I look out for his health too but I believe in him..Crazy shit huh??
BGv2.0
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Oct 9 2008, 05:27 PM) [snapback]406629[/snapback]
Meehan is on a roll & has a excellent chance of beating Valuev IMO.

Come on now! You know you are bias! lol

I like Meehan....but I just see him getting his ass pounded by Valuev. Although Holyfield is old and slow.....you got to admit there is just something awe-inspiring at even the tiny, ever remote possibility of a 5 time HW champion!

I mean that's a record that by the looks of it could NEVER be broken!

I know that might only spur him on to continue when by his age he should not be.....but damn if that just does not seem F'N sweet!

Fitz
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Oct 10 2008, 05:13 PM) [snapback]406658[/snapback]
I have never talked to Holy before but I do know him..If that makes sense..Be prepared for some of the craziest shit I've said..haha..Holy doesn't want/need doubters around him..His faith in God is all he needs..He can still do it if he thinks he can..Like I said,Holy is half man,half superhero..hahaha..Ya can't put him down,only he can..Read what he said in Percy's interview with him about mentality and you all will know what I talk about on this message board..Boxing is 90% mental and 10% physical..Read the interview and think about guys like Cotto in the Margarito fight or Zab Judah or Mike Tyson..Holy is the truth!!!Don't put him off cause he'll only surprise ya..Just like in the Tyson fights..Hell,Holy was given upset of the year when he first beat Tyson..Most definitely not,I saw it coming and knew Holy would beat him no matter what part of Holy's career he was in..

I just hope this fight happens soo Holy can do what he was meant to do and take the belt and then he'd be able to tire in peace..Don't get me wrong,I look out for his health too but I believe in him..Crazy shit huh??

I'm not sure if you are being serious or sarcastic in this post. He can still do it if he thinks he can?
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Fitz @ Oct 10 2008, 01:47 AM) [snapback]406661[/snapback]
I'm not sure if you are being serious or sarcastic in this post. He can still do it if he thinks he can?

God is who lets Holy know if he still can..I know I sound crazy,you just have no idea what Holy has done for me..
King Eugene
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Oct 10 2008, 03:08 AM) [snapback]406662[/snapback]
God is who lets Holy know if he still can..I know I sound crazy,you just have no idea what Holy has done for me..

You dont sound crazy and yes I read his interview with Percy but come on now. PLEASE be realistic about this. God is my Lord and Saviour too but I honestly believe this isn't the way for him to go. Like I said before I dont want to see him get seriously hurt. Especially with his "shoulder injury" making it hard for him to raise his arm to block right hand leads. If the fight takes place I HOPE HE WINS AND WILL BE ROOTING FOR HIM but I just dont want to see the worst case scenario happen and that being him stretched brutally. I know taking hard shots is a mentality thing but seriously how much longer do you think this man can take a pounding? I say if he wants to get another heavyweight title, use all that knowledge he has and start training one of these up and coming heavyweights and use his name and credibility to get that guy up in the rankings (given he can fight).
LeeGenius
Did God tell holyfield to roid up and take HGH too? Was that Gods idea or the baby Jesus? Or the holy spook? Or, I forgot, they are all one person at the same time. My bad.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Oct 10 2008, 06:26 AM) [snapback]406659[/snapback]
Come on now! You know you are bias! lol

I like Meehan....but I just see him getting his ass pounded by Valuev. Although Holyfield is old and slow.....you got to admit there is just something awe-inspiring at even the tiny, ever remote possibility of a 5 time HW champion!

I mean that's a record that by the looks of it could NEVER be broken!

I know that might only spur him on to continue when by his age he should not be.....but damn if that just does not seem F'N sweet!

I have no real bias for Meehan as he is a Kiwi but i think the fact that he is pretty big himself & has a good jab & relative quickness for a 6'4" 250lb guy means he can do it. It is not like he is fighting Ray Robinson in there but a guy who is of a level of Primo Carnera at best.
BigG
LOL...well this is the same great Kali Meehan who got iced by Hasim Rahman but you know what he could be competitive with Valuev. That's how average Valuev is. Only good because of his ridiculous size advantage.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Oct 12 2008, 08:16 PM) [snapback]406935[/snapback]
That's how average Valuev is. Only good because of his ridiculous size advantage.

Exactly!!Holy would whoop Valuev I bet..
BigG
QUOTE(Fitz @ Oct 13 2008, 01:19 AM) [snapback]406936[/snapback]
But he then got robbed against Brewster. Using boxing maths can work in his favour of you go the other way also.

That's true...but Kali is 38 now? At least he's beaten Williamson since his loss to Rahman..that's a good win.
The Original MrFactor
I think when Evander dies and goes to heaven, he'll challenge god to a fight. The guy just wont quit. Hats off to him for trying to take on Valuev at 46, but its a toughie...
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Oct 13 2008, 02:52 AM) [snapback]406967[/snapback]
I think when Evander dies and goes to heaven, he'll challenge god to a fight. The guy just wont quit. Hats off to him for trying to take on Valuev at 46, but its a toughie...

laugh.gif

God won't understand him.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Oct 13 2008, 02:52 AM) [snapback]406967[/snapback]

LMAO.

Serously, let's just get Valuev in with one of the Klits and be done with him.
BigG
I just got done watching the Bowe-Holyfield trilogy...what a fighter Holyfield was. Larry Merchant was saying Holyfield was done after Bowe stopped him...and here he is 13 years laters still fighting, believing that he can become champion again. Holyfield must retire.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Oct 13 2008, 08:03 PM) [snapback]407016[/snapback]
I just got done watching the Bowe-Holyfield trilogy...what a fighter Holyfield was. Larry Merchant was saying Holyfield was done after Bowe stopped him...and here he is 13 years laters still fighting, believing that he can become champion again. Holyfield must retire.

It is kinda funny how it was Holy who was supposed to be done after the trilogy and really it was Bowe who was..Holy took everything out of Bowe..If they would of fought a fourth time Holy would of stripped Bowe's soul out his body and would of killed him..Bowe has 1 loss on his record and that's because of Holy..I really think Holy is what made Bowe in the condition he is in now..Some of my fav. Holy fights are Mercer,Cooper,Stewart,Moore 2,Foreman,Qawi 1 and 2,Dokes,Lewis 2,and I really like the KO of Adlison Rodrigues..I also really like the Bowe trilogy and the Tyson fights but for some reason I don't watch them as much as the others I named..Not sure why..
King Eugene
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Oct 13 2008, 03:52 AM) [snapback]406967[/snapback]

LMBO

God wins lopsided UD
D-MARV
I think Evander edges Jesus by SD!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Oct 14 2008, 05:26 AM) [snapback]407080[/snapback]
I think Evander edges Jesus by SD!

hahahaha..Holy would be in his prime again in heaven..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.