FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JD

(AP Photo/Michael Sohn)

(AP Photo/Caroline Pankert)

(AP Photo/Michael Sohn)

(AP Photo/Caroline Pankert)
ROLL DEEP
Thanks for the pics.

Vitali looks in good shape.....but you expect nothing less from the Klitschkos. They never turn up fat and outta shape.

dj necrogenic
Peter is gonna get his dickhole punched in!!
JonnyBlaze
Klitchko looks like he is amazing shape..Peter is pretty impressive too for his weight..I wouldn't expect to see any ab outline like he has on his weird stomach..He should of come in around 240 though I think..253 isn't a very good weight for him I think..
jlupi
maybe my mem is off, but VK looks to me like he lost some muscle mass.
jlupi
I have no faith in VK anymore. He hasnt fht in years, pulled out of his last couple. And had an operation (removing bone spurs on his spine that were impinging nerves) that is not even performed on the gen public because of scar tissue issues (an op I said at the time was career ending)
The CEO
QUOTE(dj necrogenic @ Oct 10 2008, 05:46 PM) [snapback]406682[/snapback]

lol...cosignage....a HUGE Klitschko right hand will be the death blow....Peter's gonna look like a frozen dog on its back...
Spyder
QUOTE(dj necrogenic @ Oct 10 2008, 05:46 PM) [snapback]406682[/snapback]

QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Oct 10 2008, 06:19 PM) [snapback]406686[/snapback]
lol...cosignage....a HUGE Klitschko right hand will be the death blow....Peter's gonna look like a frozen dog on its back...

Tri-signed laugh.gif
FenderDG3
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Oct 10 2008, 05:08 PM) [snapback]406683[/snapback]
Klitchko looks like he is amazing shape..Peter is pretty impressive too for his weight..I wouldn't expect to see any ab outline like he has on his weird stomach..He should of come in around 240 though I think..253 isn't a very good weight for him I think..

I was thinking the same exact thing... Peter usually has that "spare tire" look going.
AussieLad
VK's wide stance will negate a fair bit of his height advantage. He tends to lower his centre of gravity, and rely on his longer torso to lean away from shots. Shouldnt be too much of problem because he will still be taller, and have the reach. Its just that his stance tends to make him a little immobile, but at the same time allows him to really plant his power shots.

It all comes down to how much rust Vitali's accumulated. If the rust isnt a factor, VK by stoppage. If he cant pull the trigger he's in for a beating.

Never thought that much of Peter, tipping a slightly rusty VK by late stoppage
BGv2.0
Peter by UD. OR...Vitali by BSSD or some other German nonsense.

I think people are going to be SHOCKED at how slow Vitali will have become after a 4 year layoff......I think VK will be shocked by this as well.

This was a dumb move on the part of VK....he has a fight for free card that he could have cashed in after 1 or 2 tuneups to knock off a little of the ring rust.

He's going to be in with a younger, active, power puncher......it's bad enough that he's going to have to adjust to get his timing back....and also taking a real HW punch....BUT....he's going to have to dodge huge bombs as well.

DUMB!

I saw Sam Peter get up off the canvas and OUTBOX a bigger man....I have no doubt he can do it again with a guy removed 4 years from the ring.

You give me the choice between an active and inactive fighter....I'll take the active one EVERY TIME!

Peter wins this....but may get screwed out of the win should he not get the KO.

frankypc
I dont know, i understand the argument of VK inactivity and it makes a lot of sense to go with the active figher (sam peter) but VK hits harder than MacCline thats fore sure and if Mac was able to almost knock sam out i dont see why VK cant catch peter with something good. Peter can pull it of but if he is not careful he will get knocked out real bad.
Thegreatequalizer
even though there might be some ring rust, i think vitali's still gonna take this one. unless he forgot how to stand in the middle of the ring and throw his 1-2.
Mean Mister Mustard
Ring rust, he's in with a younger fighter who can punch (although not as hard as we had thought), he's probably injured or will get injured during the fight. All these factors should tell you to bet on Peter.
salvador
One of two things will happen here:

- Peter gets ko'd

- Vitali retires due to an injury such as a torn ligament or a twisted knee

Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(salvador @ Oct 11 2008, 11:44 AM) [snapback]406716[/snapback]
One of two things will happen here:

- Peter gets ko'd

- Vitali retires due to an injury such as a torn ligament or a twisted knee

That's right and it wouldn't be the first time.
PR316
I'll take Peter. Younger, fresher, and more active. A few years ago, Klitschko no doubt. But 4 years off is too much. Maybe 2 years I'd give him a shot but 4 years without any competitive fight is hard to overcome.

Peter via 8th round TKO.
WindyCityP
This fight is so one sided who necks is getting schooled
BGv2.0
QUOTE(frankypc @ Oct 11 2008, 01:37 AM) [snapback]406707[/snapback]
I dont know, i understand the argument of VK inactivity and it makes a lot of sense to go with the active figher (sam peter) but VK hits harder than MacCline thats fore sure and if Mac was able to almost knock sam out i dont see why VK cant catch peter with something good. Peter can pull it of but if he is not careful he will get knocked out real bad.

Yeah, people always point to the McCline fight....but there are a few things that went on in that fight that IMHO are legit topics that few seem to acknowledge.

1.) Sam Peter had a busted ear drum and that does screw up your balance.
2.) For the first time in his career McCline actually decided to set down on his punches and not fight scared with a ranked opponent.

McCline was doing the same thing with Valuev as well before his knee blew out.

AND....at the end of the day....Peter scrapped himself off the canvas and fought back by way of outboxing a bigger man....

I think people put WAY TOO MUCH stock in that McCline fight.
WindyCityP
LOL wtf peter heres the open scoring and quits on his stool bitch move
ROLL DEEP
BUMP!

LMAO at all the posts
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.