Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Klitschko-Peter Results
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Imperius3
After 8 rounds of pure domination, Peter resigns in his corner. Vitali didn't look rusty at all, and he totally outclassed Peter.

Welcome back, Vitali!
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
I really really REALLY hope that this is for real, so the 'Nigerian Nutsack' can fuck off back to nowheresville and take Dino Duva and Ivaylo Whassisname with him.

Vitali's win would really be the shot in the arm that the division needs, my only question is how can we make the brother's fight each other?
Icebeast
totally outclassed, period.

a bizarre ending, but I don't think Peter would have lasted much longer...
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
You guys care to give a little further explanation.

I'd really like to know how Vitali beat the snot out of this guy.

This will make Johnny Blaze's year!
D-MARV
Went Just how I thought! Though I wish Vitali would have put him to sleep!
D-MARV
Vitali literally Jabbed Peter into submission!!!
BigG
It was a pretty good fight. Peter was too short and Vitali basically won with his reach. Peter quit after he heard he had lost every round after the 8th. Fuck open scoring...The heavyweights STILL suck!
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
You're not serious that he quit because his corner told him he was losing? WTF!! THat would have to be the lamest effort ever. I always knew that guy was junk.
BigG
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Oct 11 2008, 10:18 PM) [snapback]406745[/snapback]

Are you getting a boner thinking about it haha.gif This fight was avergae. Peter looked like he always has...Bitchko looked great for a 37 year old coming out of 4 years.

Vitalis entrance was off the hook. He had Lewis, Tyson, Holy, Foreman, and Frazier wishing him luck..
Icebeast
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Oct 12 2008, 12:18 AM) [snapback]406745[/snapback]

It was Lennox vs. Tua all over again.

Peter never came close enough to hit Vitali but he ate alot of Klitschko's jabs.
Klitschko himself looked almost like Prince Naseem, presented his chin all the time with no defense at all, his arms hanging down but he was quicker and always found Peter's head.

After 8 rounds, the scorecards got announced to the croud, Vitaly was in front 80-72 on all scorecards, and after hearing that, Peter just quit in his corner
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Oct 11 2008, 05:25 PM) [snapback]406750[/snapback]
Are you getting a boner thinking about it haha.gif This fight was avergae. Peter looked like he always has...Bitchko looked great for a 37 year old coming out of 4 years.

Vitalis entrance was off the hook. He had Lewis, Tyson, Holy, Foreman, and Frazier wishing him luck..

My hate for Peter is so strong I love hearing how he got a one sided beatdown, but it sounds like he got more of a jabdown. Oh well either way hopefully he's out of the picture.
gods son
Shyt fight..

wow one or the greatest ring entrance ever IMO!!!!!!

Spyder
What a bitch move!
BigG
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Oct 11 2008, 10:31 PM) [snapback]406752[/snapback]
My hate for Peter is so strong I love hearing how he got a one sided beatdown, but it sounds like he got more of a jabdown. Oh well either way hopefully he's out of the picture.

I know you hate Peter so this will be a good fight for you to watch. Klitschko landed many right hands and jabs and puffed up Peter's eyes. Like Icebeast said this was Lewis-Tua all over again except Peter quit after hearing the cards. Peter was never hurt during the fight but was busted up
Spyder
Anyone got a link to the video?
Maxy
Peter was extremely poor - he made Vitali look like the best heavyweight around...shit, if Vitali IS the best heavyweight around I'm giving up on heavyweight boxing...oh hang on...I did that years ago...

Anyway, Peter was clueless as to how to get underneath Vitali's jab, clueless how to approach the fight full stop. He just seemed to have no idea and it made the fight very easy for Vitali. Yeah, pretty much everyone figured Vitali would win despite the lay off, but this looked like a mismatch because it was a mismatch. Peter is crude, slow and only a contender because the division is so dire. Vitali is flatfooted, robotic and boring.

Nothing has changed.
Imperius3
I don't think Vitali is boring. Yeah he's robotic, but he has heart, and he brutalizes all of his opponents. Practically all of his wins are by stoppage, and that's impressive.
HaydelHammer
peter should be ashamed of him damn self for that pathetic outing.

BGv2.0
In my wildest dreams I NEVER would have thought a guy off of a 4 year layoff would be able to beat a current, active "champion".

I did not watch the fight....but I'm wondering is this was more a testament to how good Vitali is or how bad Peter is. I cannot really concieve how Peter could outbox a bigger man in McCline and then seemingly have a shutout pitched to him with a guy that's been out of the game for 4 years.

That totally trips me out!

But quitting was LAME.....if you have nothing to lose and you are getting the L anyhow.....go out on your shield. He had 4 rounds to just maul and clinch and throw haymakers...even if you were to get DQ for it....at least he could say he tried.

Most fighters don't think like that anymore.
Maxy
QUOTE(Imperius3 @ Oct 11 2008, 05:51 PM) [snapback]406760[/snapback]
I don't think Vitali is boring. Yeah he's robotic, but he has heart, and he brutalizes all of his opponents. Practically all of his wins are by stoppage, and that's impressive.

Perhaps but stylistically he's boring to me. He's predictable for a start and any fighter who is predictable isn't an inspiration and neither will he ever be exciting. The opposite of exciting is boring.

Fair enough, just my opinion.
Spyder
QUOTE(Maxy @ Oct 11 2008, 06:57 PM) [snapback]406763[/snapback]
Perhaps but stylistically he's boring to me. He's predictable for a start and any fighter who is predictable isn't an inspiration and neither will he ever be exciting. The opposite of exciting is boring.

Fair enough, just my opinion.

What fighter is not predictable? Carlos Maussa? laugh.gif

Seriously though, every fighter fights their own style. When you watch Manny Pac fight, you know exactly what you're going to see from him. Does that make him boring? No, unless you don't like watching a little, ripped asian dude beating the crap out of mexicans.

laugh.gif
Maxy
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Oct 11 2008, 05:55 PM) [snapback]406762[/snapback]
In my wildest dreams I NEVER would have thought a guy off of a 4 year layoff would be able to beat a current, active "champion".

I did not watch the fight....but I'm wondering is this was more a testament to how good Vitali is or how bad Peter is. I cannot really concieve how Peter could outbox a bigger man in McCline and then seemingly have a shutout pitched to him with a guy that's been out of the game for 4 years.

That totally trips me out!

But quitting was LAME.....if you have nothing to lose and you are getting the L anyhow.....go out on your shield. He had 4 rounds to just maul and clinch and throw haymakers...even if you were to get DQ for it....at least he could say he tried.

Most fighters don't think like that anymore.

Yeah it would have been more satisfactory to go out on his shield but the truth is he was just so outclassed, so clueless it was even apparent as a spectator that he had nothing to give. He couldn't even get close enough to clinch. Was there a clinch in the entire fight? I can't recall one.

After 5 rounds or so his corner were telling him to make a fight of it. He couldn't make a fight of it if he tried. He was a punching bag at the end of the day.

Afterwards Vitali (On British TV anyway) was asked if he would fight again and he said it was too soon to make a decision. Said he was double healthy and felt good but didn't commit to fighting again.

Couldn't give a shit if he fought again anyway. Bring on the new breed....oh fuck....there ain't no new breed...

Damn.
BigG
I agree with Maxy, 100%

I'm hoping Haye can make a statement at least. I don't think he can beat either of the Klitschko's but he is a good fighter with a nice style (and a glass chin)
Spyder
Sounds like Calzaghe-Lacy...only Peter didn't stay for the last 4 rounds.
Imperius3
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Oct 11 2008, 05:55 PM) [snapback]406762[/snapback]

We know Peter is limited, but Vitali really took him to the cleaners. No one has dominated Peter like that.

Vitali was the best heavyweight in the world 4 years ago, and I believe he has reclaimed that title. I don't see anyone beating him. (And yes I know the division is weak, no need to point that out).
Maxy
At least Haye is quick and has movement. He'll never be a dominant champion (if he becomes a champion at heavyweight at all) because he's chinny. He's admitted that he doesn't have the best chin anyway, to his credit.

Haye is 100% more exciting than either Kilt though. He'll knock you out or he'll get knocked out, but at the end of the day he'll give the fans excitement. Peter, both Klits and all the other fat bastards who masquerade as heavyweight boxers, lack excitement.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(Maxy @ Oct 11 2008, 06:05 PM) [snapback]406765[/snapback]
Bring on the new breed....oh fuck....there ain't no new breed...

Damn.

I know man.....it SUCKS! As a fan that was introduced to the fight game via HWs and has always enjoyed HWs......since LL retired my interest in Boxing has really taken a nose dive. Don't get me wrong I still enjoy the talented smaller guys like Pac/JM. But there is something so depressing for me as a fan about being void of a decent HW division.

I said years ago this was going to happen....and it has. And I also said that I did not think it would ever take an upswing either...and I still see it as such.

There is just no way a guy removed from the ring for 4 years with no tune up (I don't care how big he is) should be able to come in and wipe the floor with a current active "champion". I mean hell even when Foreman landed his million dollar shot on Moorer.....Moorer was pitching a shutout on the cards and George had been active.

I've even let Showtime go.....which is why I will not be seeing this fight. 10 years ago...if you had told me that I would let that happen I would have said noway.

I've even considered dropping HBO in light of things.
D-MARV
QUOTE(Maxy @ Oct 11 2008, 07:14 PM) [snapback]406769[/snapback]
At least Haye is quick and has movement. He'll never be a dominant champion (if he becomes a champion at heavyweight at all) because he's chinny. He's admitted that he doesn't have the best chin anyway, to his credit.

Haye is 100% more exciting than either Kilt though. He'll knock you out or he'll get knocked out, but at the end of the day he'll give the fans excitement. Peter, both Klits and all the other fat bastards who masquerade as heavyweight boxers, lack excitement.

VITALI DESERVES HIS PROPS!!!!

All this bullshit about him not being exciting needs to stop...

Lewis-Vitali was a fight of the year candidate! Klit-Sanders was a good scrap... and Even Vitali-Williams wasn't that bad of a fight!

Today's fight was a wonderful display of Boxing skill on Vitali's part. He Jabbed, he hooked off the Jab, he mixed in the Straight right, He moved beautifully, and did a great job at keeping his man in range. Bottomline, No one has ever done that to Sam Peter and Vitali put on a boxing clinic tonight! Great Fight!!!! I look foward to seeing more of Vitali!
BigG
That's all true DM...I think Vitali is sometimes good to watch..but I don't really like his robot style...this fight was alright. At least it was better than Wlad's fights with Sultan and Thompson.
Maxy
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Oct 11 2008, 06:22 PM) [snapback]406771[/snapback]
VITALI DESERVES HIS PROPS!!!!

All this bullshit about him not being exciting needs to stop...

Lewis-Vitali was a fight of the year candidate! Klit-Sanders was a good scrap... and Even Vitali-Williams wasn't that bad of a fight!

Today's fight was a wonderful display of Boxing skill on Vitali's part. He Jabbed, he hooked off the Jab, he mixed in the Straight right, He moved beautifully, and did a great job at keeping his man in range. Bottomline, No one has ever done that to Sam Peter and Vitali put on a boxing clinic tonight! Great Fight!!!! I look foward to seeing more of Vitali!

No-one has ever done that to Sam Peter before...I agree, but the bottom line is why haven't they? Sam Peter is Sam Peter. He's slow, he's crude and tonight he looked as bad as he has ever done.

Vitali-Lewis was a good fight but Lewis wasn't prepared and thats the truth. Anyway, thats bygones.

Tonight Vitali beat up a top heavyweight contender/champion (that in itself is pure proof of how bad the division is) and yes, he looked good doing it, especially considering he'd been out for almost 4 years.

BUT...

If you rate Vitali as exciting you have a completely different perception of excitement than I do.

All about opinions.
D-MARV
QUOTE(Maxy @ Oct 11 2008, 07:34 PM) [snapback]406773[/snapback]
No-one has ever done that to Sam Peter before...I agree, but the bottom line is why haven't they? Sam Peter is Sam Peter. He's slow, he's crude and tonight he looked as bad as he has ever done.

Vitali-Lewis was a good fight but Lewis wasn't prepared and thats the truth. Anyway, thats bygones.

Tonight Vitali beat up a top heavyweight contender/champion (that in itself is pure proof of how bad the division is) and yes, he looked good doing it, especially considering he'd been out for almost 4 years.

BUT...

If you rate Vitali as exciting you have a completely different perception of excitement than I do.

All about opinions.

Im not saying that Vitali is Gatti but he is not a complete bore either!

Vitali has power, skill, and chin! When forced too, he is a very exciting fighter!!!!!
That was the problem tonight. Peter never forced the action. Vitali stayed in his comfort zone.
Maxy
Nah he aint Gatti he ain't Tyson, he ain't Holyfield of old.

His style (and its only my opinion) is dull to me. Peter truthfully got exposed big time tonight and Vitali impressed in the way he went about his work.

I find him...what's the word...um...tedious...perhaps. Flat footed, robotic, lacks fluidity. I'm a big fan of style and style equates to excitement.

Vitali's style doesn't excite me, doesn't get me out of my seat, make me spill my beer. I'm just looking for something more and he doesn't bring it. That's just me.
Imperius3
Wladimir might be the only one who could beat Vitali. Even then though I would favor Vitali. C'mon, the big brother always beats the little brother. If any of you have any brothers, you know the psychological advantage the older brother has. Vitali also has the sturdier chin.
BigG
I don't see anyone that can beat Vitali and Wlad There are no good prospects. Forget about Arreola, he's worse than Peter. We'll see what Haye can do. Other than that...theres NO Heavyweight to get excited about. Maybe Juan Carlos Gomez but he's small and old.
kidbazooka1
Damn you know the Hw division is at it's all time worse when a fighter like Vitali coming off such a long layoff can win a f*cking title.

Peter sorry ass should just call it quits.
buford54
Finally, a fight played out exactly how I thought it would.
It's one thing for Peter to "learn to box" against James Toney who can't hurt a fly at HW.
Vitali has always had that "present your chin with arms at your side" thing going. He leans in with his punches and leans back to get out of harms way.
Peter, while usually entertaining, never really had any chance other than Vitali re-injuring himself.
If he quit because he heard he was being shut out, he needs to retire.
First of all, they need to get rid of open scoring. It's horrible for the sport. Peter just shot his career in the head, because he immediately refuted his "all heart, never say die" image. He made a calculated decision...essentially admitting that he had no way of figuring Vitali out, and had no way of winning on points, so he quit.
Goodbye.
Method
Vitalee always was the better of the twin pussies. But he still sucks.
dbdbdb
The HW division is shot!!!!

Anytime a guy like Vitali can come back after FOUR YEARS off and dismantle the HW champ without any resistance, clearly shows the level of talent in the division. And this isn't to take away from what VK did, but he was fighting with his hands at his waist while leaning his head in and Peter could do nothing about it.

Peter is a sorry excuse for a champion .......... thumbsdown_anim.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Having now seen the fight it had all the intensity of a sparring session.

Really that's what Peter looked like, a journeyman sparring partner quality kind of fighter.

And to quit on the stool cause you've heard the fight isn't going your way? Garbage.

Vitali never had to get out of first gear. He must really like the state of the division when he can have a 4 year lay off and come back and win the title and collect a big payday with such ease.

The CEO
Peter was getting tortured in there....I almost can't blame him for quitting....seriously....that was like a Killer Whale toying with a baby seal before it devours it....
salvador
QUOTE(Imperius3 @ Oct 11 2008, 07:57 PM) [snapback]406776[/snapback]
Wladimir might be the only one who could beat Vitali. Even then though I would favor Vitali. C'mon, the big brother always beats the little brother. If any of you have any brothers, you know the psychological advantage the older brother has. Vitali also has the sturdier chin.

The two biggest differences between Vitali and Wlad are that Vitali puts all his weight behind his jabs and that quick left hook/jab and that Vitali has a much better chin.

Both guarantee Vitali's win.
Mean Mister Mustard
Great now we have two guys who won't unify. There isn't heavyweight out there who can beat these two. I just hope Haye can compete at heavyweight.
salvador
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Oct 11 2008, 09:55 PM) [snapback]406788[/snapback]
Great now we have two guys who won't unify. There isn't heavyweight out there who can beat these two. I just hope Haye can compete at heavyweight.

I'd love to see Haye fight either one of these guys cause he'd get ko'd in the worst way.

Personally, I think Barrett takes him on points.
frankypc
I dont know, it wasnt such a surprise for me. Maybe when you hate a fighter so much and want him to loose you forget to analyse his opponet shortcomings and peter as exciting as he has been in some fights had too many to win against a big guy who knows how to use his reach. But i agree, still HW division is no much to watch when the current best 2 HW (Klit Brothers) win just by doing the same combinations ad-nauseum.
King Eugene
Damn Peter. You disappointed me. Oh well I guess the heavyweight division will still suck until these two giants retire. As far as Haye, I want to see him beat a few good heavyweights before I make an assumption.
alaganza
I really thought this was the worst outcome for the division. This is only good for the Klits. If these guys stick to their vow this result really kills the whole idea of unification. I am happy the brothers realized their dreams but this is really not good for the division.
Jack 1000
Do you think that the WBC optional Open Scoring rule. (scores announced after the 4th and 8th rounds) made a difference in Peter's decision to quit? Although I still oppose open scoring, the fight was so lop-sided that I don't think it would have made a difference.

Props to Vitali. He looked great after a 4 year lay-off. But let's also keep in mind the other side of the fence. Sam Peter became, "The Nigerian Bum" and didn't do shit!

Jack
King Eugene
Yea Vitali did good and really has no to make him have to dig down and fight anymore. Wlad fight wont happen which I kind of dont blame them from a personal stand point but not as a fan of boxing. WE NEED A UNIFICATION!!!

As far as the open scoring, I dont like it. But at the same time it will show the strong willed big hearted fighters. If a fighter officially knows he's down he can either step it up and try to make his own outcome or do like Peter did and just say fuck it. He was taking one hell of a beating but still shouldn't have quit. Not like that. That probably damaged his reputation and career as a boxer.

Now that the two Klits have belts what does it mean for the heavyweight division? Its like instead of one, you know have two Giants at the top of the mountain kicking everybody back down with no promising threats to step up. I wont put Haye in the equation until he looks good against some good heavyweights.
Fpsnut
Vitaliy dominated but I still think he looked much worse than before he retired. It's just that Peter was complete garbage tonight. He was doing much much better years ago against younger Klit who has better skills than his older brother. Even though he dominated I'm not impressed. He looked ridiculously slow, his shots didn't carry that much pop, and besides jab, his accuracy wasn't that great. He almost never caught Peter with a flush right hand, which he barely even threw. And although he connected a lot with his jab I just didn't think it was as crisp as it should've been, it looked to me like he was just pawning with it. Overall the fight was a bit boring since Peter refused to fight and just stood there and ate lasy pawning jabs from Vitaliy.

The intro with holograms of champions was awesome.

Open scoring sucks, it robbed us of potential KO. Another couple of rounds and Peter could've been KOed. Instead he gave up after hearing scores.
Jack 1000
After 8 rounds, the scorecards got announced to the crowd, Vitaly was in front 80-72 on all scorecards, and after hearing that, Peter just quit in his corner

Showtime did say that the Thailand judge amazingly gave Peter 1 round.

Jack
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.