Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: You want Money May to fight again, don't ya...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
The CEO
I personally wanna see him back in the mix again...talking that crazy shit and doing what he does best....which is Boxing.

That being said...I know some of y'all would like him back to hopefully watch him lose or get stretched....lol

Come on....vote it up.

FenderDG3
I'd like to see him fight again. I think he still has a few more fights left in him. I don't know if he can get his heart in it again or if that is just a line/excuse to retire, but I would like to see him fight again.
BigG
Of course, It's always great to see one of the most skilled fighters ever fight.
ROLL DEEP
Count me in.

Always a pleasure to watch him.
D-MARV
I would love to see him come back and box circles around Margarito
JD
Depends.

If it is a fight against Oscar...put me down for a NO.

If it is against one of the top welters...put me down for a YES.
The CEO
There goes JD blowin' up my spot again with the details....lol

but I kinda agree with ya...the only way I WOULDN't want to see him is if his 1st fight back was the DLH rematch....

Otherwise....I just wanna see him do his thing in the ring again....any mid-range threat and above will do...

P.S.~ If any of you thought my avatar was the symbol representing the American dollar or was a tribute to Money Mayweather all this time...you were wrong. That's my official logo...

The S is for SKULLSPLITTER, and the two Is going down through it represent my company, Insanity International.
ROLL DEEP
Whats your company?
The CEO
laugh.gif

Insanity International...a.k.a. The Conglomerate...and we're FOR REAL!!
Col Reb
I want to see him attempt to clean out a division for once. While I would love for his perfect record to be taken, I'd be happy just seeing him fight the best, even if he were to win them all. I've tried hard to get behind Floyd, but I just can't seem to connect with his personality and his cherry-picking of fights.
Col Reb
I want to see him attempt to clean out a division for once. While I would love for his perfect record to be taken, I'd be happy just seeing him fight the best, even if he were to win them all. I've tried hard to get behind Floyd, but I just can't seem to connect with his personality and his cherry-picking of fights.
dbdbdb
Here are a few scenarios I would like to see PBF return.

* Margarito beats Mosley & Cotto again - leading to a PBF vs. Margarito mega-fight.

* Cotto makes a miraculous return and beats AM - leading to a PBF vs Cotto mega-fight.

DLH vs PBF = NO WAY!!!!

Floyd is {According to many sources} keeping in fantastic shape, so its not a problem at all for him to get back into the ring. Overall, I believe the plan was to take some time-off to let his hands heal and return for one mega-money-fight.

I always welcome an opportunity to see highly skilled fighters do their thing -- With the total lack of talent in boxing today, we need to witness the SWEET SCIENCE executed from time to time. We don't need to become tolerant or accustomed to lazy, slothfull, untrained sluggers just plodding from corner to corner without any hint of skill or ability.
The CEO
I would REALLY like to see Floyd come back to school and UD Margarito just for the satisfaction it would give me....

Fun Fact: I've always known he was gonna come back eventually....but I saw a little something last night when the girl was interviewing him during the fight that confirmed it....his left eye was twitching...it was a tell....that's a sign of someone with something to hide......gotta love that HD...lol
AussieLad
Why would i want to see him duck the top guys in the division and still claim to be the greatest ever.... that shits gettin real old. He can stay retired
STEVENSKI
I want to see him return & get fucked up real bad. better yet I would love to see him go into MMA & fight B.J Penn. Seeing PBF tap would be better than seeing him KO'd as he would be the one quitting & be totally aware of what he was doing.
buford54
To be honest...until I saw his mini-interview at the Tarver fight, I'd forgotten about him.
Honestly, he did what he wanted to do. He made a lot of money and got out of the sport. If that's what he wanted to do, then good for him. If he wasn't motivated to take any real challenges, it's better that he gets out now than tries to keep going land ends up like Roy Jones...lying on the canvas for 10 minutes after getting KTFO'd.

It is sad that there are so many good, meaningful fights out there for him that won't ever happen...but if his goal was to make a lot of money regardless of whether he took the most meaningful fights available to him, then that's his life.
Mean Mister Mustard
Count me in for a no. Like AussieLad said, his act got old real fast. He better stay away until he comes up with anew and refreshing act because the old "I'm black 'yall, yes yes y'all, I got the money y'all, yes yes y'all." is being done by other athletes and much better than him, if I might say so. So no would not want to see him come back.

I always welcome an opportunity to see highly skilled fighters do their thing -- With the total lack of talent in boxing today, we need to witness the SWEET SCIENCE executed from time to time. We don't need to become tolerant or accustomed to lazy, slothfull, untrained sluggers just plodding from corner to corner without any hint of skill or ability.

What guys like JMM, Cotto, Rafa Marquez, Mijares. Williams, Calderon, Forrest, Donaire, and others aren't higly skilled? I understand what you meant, that he's the most skilled but personally, there are a whole bunch of other fighters out there that I really don't care much if he comes back or not. These guys are the same reason why I don't give two shits about the heavies and why I don't miss a guy like Mayweather.
dbdbdb
QUOTE(buford54 @ Oct 12 2008, 06:39 PM) [snapback]406913[/snapback]
To be honest...until I saw his mini-interview at the Tarver fight, I'd forgotten about him.
Honestly, he did what he wanted to do. He made a lot of money and got out of the sport. If that's what he wanted to do, then good for him. If he wasn't motivated to take any real challenges, it's better that he gets out now than tries to keep going land ends up like Roy Jones...lying on the canvas for 10 minutes after getting KTFO'd.

It is sad that there are so many good, meaningful fights out there for him that won't ever happen...but if his goal was to make a lot of money regardless of whether he took the most meaningful fights available to him, then that's his life.

To add to what buford54 stated -

If that was and is his plans {To stay retired} then I'm very happy to see another fighter retire from the sport with their finances and speech patterns intact.

I'm honestly sick of hearing about all these former champs broke and one step from the soup-kitchen barely able to speak a complete sentence.

To be able to retire with a huge fortune gained from boxing is an uncommon story and only a few were able to accomplish that.

If I were him ...... I would strickly focus on training young boxers and promotions. In my book, he has nothing to prove to anyone or anybody.
STEVENSKI
PBF is a idiot. He will surely end up broke eventually & there will never be a more deserving boxer to have it happen.
The Original MrFactor
Yup, sure I want him to come back. I want him to come back and fight Margarito or Williams at 147. However, a Pacquiao win over DLH will probably draw him out of retirement. Then he can somehow avoid fighting Margarito or Williams at 147.
dbdbdb
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Oct 12 2008, 07:43 PM) [snapback]406916[/snapback]
What guys like JMM, Cotto, Rafa Marquez, Mijares. Williams, Calderon, Forrest, Donaire, and others aren't higly skilled? I understand what you meant, that he's the most skilled but personally, there are a whole bunch of other fighters out there that I really don't care much if he comes back or not. These guys are the same reason why I don't give two shits about the heavies and why I don't miss a guy like Mayweather.

I should have been a wee bit more specific with my comments ...... I'm referring to the Toney's, Peter's to name a few HW. Boxing is filled with those who seek only a paycheck {Instead of getting a FT job} and their efforts inside & out of the ring reflect the degree of their dedication.

To illustrate my point ... Pac-Man, JMM, PBF, Cotto, B-Hop etc... {To name a few} are true boxers, dedicated to the sport in every way. These guys are DEDICATED boxers. Then there are others who just show up for the fight {Just to collect a payday} The later are becoming all too common.
ROLL DEEP
In the PBF threads we have Stevenski saying how much he hates him. Thats why I'd like PBF to make a comeback laugh.gif
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Oct 13 2008, 11:08 AM) [snapback]406978[/snapback]
I should have been a wee bit more specific with my comments ...... I'm referring to the Toney's, Peter's to name a few HW. Boxing is filled with those who seek only a paycheck {Instead of getting a FT job} and their efforts inside & out of the ring reflect the degree of their dedication.

To illustrate my point ... Pac-Man, JMM, PBF, Cotto, B-Hop etc... {To name a few} are true boxers, dedicated to the sport in every way. These guys are DEDICATED boxers. Then there are others who just show up for the fight {Just to collect a payday} The later are becoming all too common.

That is true.
King Eugene
I would only like him to come back if his heart is into it or to beat up Pac Man should he get past DLH. LOL Other than that I'm happy for him and commend him on his plan to retire. I wish I had his money.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(3King3 @ Oct 13 2008, 10:57 PM) [snapback]407038[/snapback]
I would only like him to come back if his heart is into it or to beat up Pac Man should he get past DLH. LOL Other than that I'm happy for him and commend him on his plan to retire. I wish I had his money.

I understand your stance that you like Floyd and you only want him to be happy. But if he were to unretire, which he seems increasingly likely to do, wouldn't you, as a fan of his, prefer to see him fight and beat someone like Antonio Margarito or Paul Williams, or even Miguel Cotto, someone who some of us would actually be picking him to lose against, rather than just come back to beat up Pac Man, a fight that would prove absolutely nothing and leave every remaining question surrounding him completely unanswered??? I mean, if you like him and all, wouldn't you like to see him shut us critics up?
King Eugene
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Oct 14 2008, 11:05 AM) [snapback]407115[/snapback]
I understand your stance that you like Floyd and you only want him to be happy. But if he were to unretire, which he seems increasingly likely to do, wouldn't you, as a fan of his, prefer to see him fight and beat someone like Antonio Margarito or Paul Williams, or even Miguel Cotto, someone who some of us would actually be picking him to lose against, rather than just come back to beat up Pac Man, a fight that would prove absolutely nothing and leave every remaining question surrounding him completely unanswered??? I mean, if you like him and all, wouldn't you like to see him shut us critics up?

Man it was a joke. No I dont want him to come back. I just want him to stay retired for good cause if he comes back you know its a very very slim chance he fights P.Will or Margarito cause they wont draw enough money for him. As much as I wish he would school Margarito and show how overrated he is, it aint going to happen. And honestly I dont want to see a P.Will fight, I want P.Will to fight Pavlick.
BigG
Floyd is probably closer to Pacman's size than he is to Williams!
King Eugene
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Oct 14 2008, 10:31 PM) [snapback]407164[/snapback]
Floyd is probably closer to Pacman's size than he is to Williams!

He really is.

As some of you guys would say it, he is a "small Welterweight" (such a stupid term).
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(ROLL DEEP @ Oct 13 2008, 03:20 PM) [snapback]406981[/snapback]
In the PBF threads we have Stevenski saying how much he hates him. Thats why I'd like PBF to make a comeback laugh.gif

My hate has no limit or control. Not when it comes to PBF it is irrational & intentional. People have had their chance to cripple him (Paul Wright I am looking squarely at you) & did not take it. What is wrong with these people I don't know.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Oct 15 2008, 12:38 AM) [snapback]407178[/snapback]
My hate has no limit or control. Not when it comes to PBF it is irrational & intentional. People have had their chance to cripple him (Paul Wright I am looking squarely at you) & did not take it. What is wrong with these people I don't know.

laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.