4. Nonito Donaire
5. Juan Manuel Lopez
6. Tim Bradley
7. Kelly Pavlik
8. Arthur Abraham
9. Jorge Linares
10. Joshua Clottey

Have fun with this one...
This is assuming that Mayweather, Calzaghe, and Manny Pac are retired!!!!

Dawson will defeat Pavlik, Cloud, Diaconu, and Kessler within the next 2 years
Paul Williams Defeats Margarito and captures one of the titles at 154!
Im taking the Baby Bull to defeat JMM within the next year!
Donaire takes out Mijares-Vic winner
Lopez will KO Izzy Vasquez and retires Chris John
Bradley will clean out 140lb division with wins over Hatton-Malignaggi winner, Judah, and Lamont Peterson
Pavlik defeats Abraham by SD, the moves up to challenge dawson @ 175
Abraham Takes over the 168 division after Pavlik Moves up to fight Dawson
Jorge Linares outclasses Edwin Valero the KOs Gamboa
Clottey defeats Cotto to be king of the Welterweight division!

King Eugene
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Oct 13 2008, 10:56 PM) [snapback]407034[/snapback]
1. Chad Dawson
2. Paul Williams
3. Juan Diaz
4. Nonito Donaire
5. Juan Manuel Lopez
6. Tim Bradley
7. Kelly Pavlik
8. Arthur Abraham
9. Jorge Linares
10. Joshua Clottey
Have fun with this one...
This is assuming that Mayweather, Calzaghe, and Manny Pac are retired!!!!

Dawson will defeat Pavlik, Cloud, Diaconu, and Kessler within the next 2 years
Paul Williams Defeats Margarito and captures one of the titles at 154!
Im taking the Baby Bull to defeat JMM within the next year!
Donaire takes out Mijares-Vic winner
Lopez will KO Izzy Vasquez and retires Chris John
Bradley will clean out 140lb division with wins over Hatton-Malignaggi winner, Judah, and Lamont Peterson
Pavlik defeats Abraham by SD, the moves up to challenge dawson @ 175
Abraham Takes over the 168 division after Pavlik Moves up to fight Dawson
Jorge Linares outclasses Edwin Valero the KOs Gamboa
Clottey defeats Cotto to be king of the Welterweight division!

Good one, I cant wait to see Lamont Peterson get aired out! Cloud is going to be a good matchup for Dawson but he'll gas. Paul Williams will end up at 160 and have a belt there. I dont see Baby Bull beating JMM. I think Abraham and Taylor will meet at supermiddle weight considering Pavlick doesn't either run him off. Clottey will beat Margarito and everyone will claim he needs to retire and Cotto will end up at 154 while Arum will dismiss any possiblity of him fighting Williams and last but not least Shane Mosley will still find himself in the mix some where.
JonnyBlaze
HAHAHA..You guys are crazy..How many years into the future is this P4P list??
King Eugene
Only if Cotto can beat Margarito in the rematch and unify some belts. If not I see him possibly moving up as well.
D-MARV
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Oct 14 2008, 01:28 AM) [snapback]407048[/snapback]
HAHAHA..You guys are crazy..How many years into the future is this P4P list??

2 years from now (by the end of 2010!) LOL

Waht would you list be?
D-MARV
QUOTE(3King3 @ Oct 14 2008, 05:06 AM) [snapback]407058[/snapback]
Only if Cotto can beat Margarito in the rematch and unify some belts. If not I see him possibly moving up as well.

Cotto will lose the rematch to Margarito then go on to lose a MD to Clottey!
King Eugene
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Oct 14 2008, 06:28 AM) [snapback]407082[/snapback]
Cotto will lose the rematch to Margarito then go on to lose a MD to Clottey!

I say Cotto beats Clottey
King Eugene
QUOTE(Fitz @ Oct 14 2008, 10:24 PM) [snapback]407162[/snapback]
I would pick him also.

Seems like after the Margarito fight 90% of the fans have completely wrote Cotto off.
JaRaNDa
3King3
Seems like after the Margarito fight 90% of the fans have completely wrote Cotto off.

Yeah I took notice to this a day after the fight...quite sad!! everyone has the mentality that "Your only as good as your last fight" and it's bullshit!! I'm not sure if it's just the pure fact that it was Margs in the ring that night, but I think many have overplayed the 'punishment/beating' he took! anyone who didn't no any better would assume that Cotto copped a one-sided beating for 12 rounds, was KO'd out of the ring, or was unconcious for several minutes!! Yes he received punishment towards the end (3 rounds?) when he started to gassed and fatigued! I hope for that sake alone Cotto can come back and make some noise again!
King Eugene
QUOTE(JaRaNDa @ Oct 14 2008, 11:54 PM) [snapback]407174[/snapback]
Yeah I took notice to this a day after the fight...quite sad!! everyone has the mentality that "Your only as good as your last fight" and it's bullshit!! I'm not sure if it's just the pure fact that it was Margs in the ring that night, but I think many have overplayed the 'punishment/beating' he took! anyone who didn't no any better would assume that Cotto copped a one-sided beating for 12 rounds, was KO'd out of the ring, or was unconcious for several minutes!! Yes he received punishment towards the end (3 rounds?) when he started to gassed and fatigued! I hope for that sake alone Cotto can come back and make some noise again!

Personally I hope he destroys Margarito the second time around. I mean flat out embarress him!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Oct 14 2008, 05:27 AM) [snapback]407081[/snapback]
2 years from now (by the end of 2010!) LOL

Waht would you list be?

I'll have to do some deep thinking on it like you most definitely did..hahaha..I like how ya did it though..It still is crazy but in 2 years its very possible the whole list would be very different than it is now..I think Pac-man would still be in the top 10..
King Eugene
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Oct 15 2008, 01:52 AM) [snapback]407182[/snapback]
I'll have to do some deep thinking on it like you most definitely did..hahaha..I like how ya did it though..It still is crazy but in 2 years its very possible the whole list would be very different than it is now..I think Pac-man would still be in the top 10..

I think Lightweight is too deep for Pac-Man and it will not reign supreme at Jr. WW either. His days are numbered!
JaRaNDa
haha 3King3 I would love that to happen myself. But I think Margs may just have Cotto's number! I think Cotto COULD beat Margs but it would involve him to box and hold more..and keep the fight in the middle..but would still be a dangerous fight in the later rounds!

Agree Fitz!! I from the begining thought it was a very dangerous fight for Cotto. I think Cotto (along with pac-man) is the most improved out of the top boxers and I really do think Cotto is a very good boxer! BUT..by saying that I STILL would have picked most top 147 fighters over him (margs, mayweather and williams) based on 'styles'!

After the fight ended to even now my opinion of Cotto as a fighter has not changed one bit. He was NEVER an 'unstopable beast' like many had made him out to be. Cotto is/was a very strong solid boxer with skill and power..who was beatable yet a very good boxer in my mind! I did not expect anything more from Cotto in that fight or was not let down..I beleived he did pretty much close to what he had to do, but it just was not enough!
King Eugene
QUOTE(JaRaNDa @ Oct 15 2008, 03:36 AM) [snapback]407198[/snapback]
haha 3King3 I would love that to happen myself. But I think Margs may just have Cotto's number! I think Cotto COULD beat Margs but it would involve him to box and hold more..and keep the fight in the middle..but would still be a dangerous fight in the later rounds!

Agree Fitz!! I from the begining thought it was a very dangerous fight for Cotto. I think Cotto (along with pac-man) is the most improved out of the top boxers and I really do think Cotto is a very good boxer! BUT..by saying that I STILL would have picked most top 147 fighters over him (margs, mayweather and williams) based on 'styles'!

After the fight ended to even now my opinion of Cotto as a fighter has not changed one bit. He was NEVER an 'unstopable beast' like many had made him out to be. Cotto is/was a very strong solid boxer with skill and power..who was beatable yet a very good boxer in my mind! I did not expect anything more from Cotto in that fight or was not let down..I beleived he did pretty much close to what he had to do, but it just was not enough!

Yea I agree with you and Fitz but at the same time I dont know too many people that thought he would get stopped that badly. I thought it would have went the distance.

Well after all that, I still see him no higher than 7 on the pound for pound list in two years.
D-MARV
Im not writing Cotto off at all!!!!

I just dont think he can beat Margarito, Williams, or Clottey!
Douchebag
Theres no doubt in my mind that Cotto can beat Clottey. Marg and P.Will, Cotto should stay away from.
kidbazooka1
I think Cotto is gonna suprise many and come back in big way but I just don't see himever beating Margarito.

As for the p4p ranking in two years this is how I see it.

1.Margarito
2.JuanMa Lopez
3.Pavlik
4.Marquez
5.Dawson
STEVENSKI
Why is this even being discussed? Three years is a long time in boxing & anything can happen.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Oct 15 2008, 09:13 AM) [snapback]407214[/snapback]
Im not writing Cotto off at all!!!!

I just dont think he can beat Margarito, Williams, or Clottey!

Ya can't write him off till after we see him fight again..His next fight will reveal what is up with him after that Marg fight..Well,unless if he picks to fight a nobody which he probably should to get a good win to make him realize he still has it..I didn't like Cotto for awhile but he has been growing on me through out the years..Especially when he really started using his jab more and boxing instead of just coming in to rough you up ONLY..Cotto will rough you up with amazing skill now..I also really like Cotto's defense,he just needs to not bend over as much or practice blocking uppercuts..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Fitz @ Oct 15 2008, 07:10 PM) [snapback]407259[/snapback]
lol, no way Margarito makes #1. He won't fight Williams and probably won't beat him. I'm not sure who else he will beat that will make him take #1.

thumbsup_anim.gif
King Eugene
P.Will has a better chance at being #1 before Margarito. Especially if he ends up winning a middleweight belt.

I wont make judgement on Cotto til I see his next fight. I still hope he beats and embaress Margarito the second time around.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Fitz @ Oct 15 2008, 08:10 PM) [snapback]407259[/snapback]
lol, no way Margarito makes #1. He won't fight Williams and probably won't beat him. I'm not sure who else he will beat that will make him take #1.

I think Margarito will beat Williams as for him not fighting a rematch sh*t Margrito has been on the sideline for most of his career it's time for him to staring making some real muthaf*cking money Im sure that he and Willliams continue to win they will eventualy meet.
King Eugene
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Oct 16 2008, 12:45 AM) [snapback]407292[/snapback]
I think Margarito will beat Williams as for him not fighting a rematch sh*t Margrito has been on the sideline for most of his career it's time for him to staring making some real muthaf*cking money Im sure that he and Willliams continue to win they will eventualy meet.

4 Million isnt real money?
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(3King3 @ Oct 16 2008, 12:03 AM) [snapback]407296[/snapback]
4 Million isnt real money?

Margarito is punkin out..He doesn't want to fight him again..It's been obvious..He'll fight anyone EXCEPT Williams..
King Eugene
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Oct 16 2008, 01:51 AM) [snapback]407302[/snapback]
Margarito is punkin out..He doesn't want to fight him again..It's been obvious..He'll fight anyone EXCEPT Williams..

I'm starting to think the same exact thing.
King Eugene
If he doesn't fight then then he'd have to keep moving up in order to be considered P4P #1 but still he would have to meet Williams again one day.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(3King3 @ Oct 16 2008, 03:26 AM) [snapback]407320[/snapback]
If he doesn't fight then then he'd have to keep moving up in order to be considered P4P #1 but still he would have to meet Williams again one day.

Yeah,Marg definitely isn't going to be P4P #1..That wouldn't be good for boxing..Look at all the guys who have been P4P #1 in the last lets say 20 years,they all have insane skill..Margarito has insane stamina,just doesn't have the skill to match it..He does have a crazy chin to go along with the stamina though..
BigG
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Oct 16 2008, 10:34 AM) [snapback]407331[/snapback]
Yeah,Marg definitely isn't going to be P4P #1..That wouldn't be good for boxing..Look at all the guys who have been P4P #1 in the last lets say 20 years,they all have insane skill..Margarito has insane stamina,just doesn't have the skill to match it..He does have a crazy chin to go along with the stamina though..

I agree....look at the p4p #1's........Leonard, Chavez, Whitaker, Jones Jr, Hopkins, Mayweather Jr., Pacquiao......Margarito? lol
kidbazooka1
Well when he becomes #1 I will be rubbing it in. yahoo.gif
King Eugene
I'll definitely be waiting for that, and your list doesnt count either.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Oct 16 2008, 03:04 PM) [snapback]407367[/snapback]
I agree....look at the p4p #1's........Leonard, Chavez, Whitaker, Jones Jr, Hopkins, Mayweather Jr., Pacquiao......Margarito? lol

Exactly..Pac-man years ago wouldn't of been #1 in my book but now he deserves it..His skill has improved A LOT ever since the second Morales fight I think it was..Manila ice I think he called it(the right hook)..hahaha..A right hook outta a southpaw stance from a natural lefty is one of the best punches for a southpaw to have..It's kinda weird though,I've noticed from experience and watching fights that a right hook from a southpaw is wayyy more effective and easier for them to land than it is for a righty to land a left hook..What do you guys think about that??I think if a righty finds their left hook when fighting a southpaw it is really effective but some never find it..It wasn't because of the actual stance between the 2 but Chris Byrd and Tua is a good example of a righty not being able to find their left hook and in that case,his best punch..To summarize this post.since Pac-man found more use for his right hand and became a wayyyyy more balanced fighter,he deserves the #1 status..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(3King3 @ Oct 16 2008, 07:12 PM) [snapback]407392[/snapback]

hahahaha..Too funny 3King3.."and your list doesn't count either.."hahaha..
The CEO
People talk about Cotto not being the same.....and they may be right.......but let me tell you something....Margarito will never be the same after what COTTO did to HIM.

Think about it....Margarito's travelled a long, tough road to get to where he's at now.....taking punishment SOOO many times just so he can dish out his own....that approach alone doesn't help a fighter's longevity at all....and I'm saying that ALL those flush headshots he ate in the Cotto bout HAVE taken their toll...
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Oct 17 2008, 09:45 AM) [snapback]407440[/snapback]
Margarito's travelled a long, tough road to get to where he's at now.....taking punishment SOOO many times just so he can dish out his own....that approach alone doesn't help a fighter's longevity at all....and I'm saying that ALL those flush headshots he ate in the Cotto bout HAVE taken their toll...

You may be right about that. I have a hard time being able to tell with spanish speaking fighters but Margarito's speech does sound to me like it could be starting to suffer a little. Anyone have a more informed diagnosis on that?

By the way, not saying Margarito deserves to be p4p #1 right now, but I completely disagree with the notion that fighters who fight like he does should be excluded from that mythical perch. If you're the best, you're the best. Period. The proof is in the results.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(3King3 @ Oct 16 2008, 08:12 PM) [snapback]407392[/snapback]

clapping.gif
BigG
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Oct 17 2008, 02:45 PM) [snapback]407440[/snapback]
People talk about Cotto not being the same.....and they may be right.......but let me tell you something....Margarito will never be the same after what COTTO did to HIM.

Think about it....Margarito's travelled a long, tough road to get to where he's at now.....taking punishment SOOO many times just so he can dish out his own....that approach alone doesn't help a fighter's longevity at all....and I'm saying that ALL those flush headshots he ate in the Cotto bout HAVE taken their toll...

That's true. Alot of Margarito fans ignore the fact that he took about 200 shots from Cotto that night. He beat Cotto up good...but he was frequently hit in the head that night...he was getting so frequently hit the first 9 rounds of the fight that people praised his chin and conditioning. Now Cotto is smaller than Margarito and he definitely isn't Julian Jackson or Hearns when it comes to punching power...but he does throw some heavy shots. So even though Margarito was technically never on unsteady legs against Cotto, he took a bit of a beating and he's face after the fight and in the post fight conference showed that. He had to walk through some serious leather to beat Cotto and lesser Welterweights would've been broken by the mid rounds of that fight.

I personally believe Margarito doesn't have too many years left. These are his prime years...he's at the high of his stardom...he can finally get high profile fights (Cotto, Mosley, etc) but I don't believe he will be the P4P king by 2010. First of all, he'll have to fight and beat Williams convincingly, and because of styles and attributes, that will be a very tough thing to do.
The CEO
I'm sorry I'm straying from the topic.....but I often wonder what would have happened if Margarito hadn't broke Cotto's nose in the 2nd....he wouldn't have been swallowing all that blood, and he would have been able to breathe properly...which, in turn, would have enabled him to handle the body shots better and have some more stamina....

Yep...it's a "shoulda, woulda, coulda" thing....but I believe his damaged nose was a major X Factor in that fight....that's Boxing though....bad luck for Cotto, good luck for Margarito.

I also believe Cotto was smart for kneeling it out....he gave his all and wanted to be able to fight again another day....and I have a feeling he will come back just fine...

Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Oct 17 2008, 02:13 PM) [snapback]407452[/snapback]
I believe his damaged nose was a major X Factor in that fight....that's Boxing though....bad luck for Cotto, good luck for Margarito.

But if it was a punch Margarito threw that broke Cotto's nose, and it was a punch he intended to throw and hit Cotto square in the face with, then that's not really a case of luck, is it?

Luck would be more like when you hit a guy coming in with a sweet little check hook, and instead of falling back the way 99.9% of all fighters do when knocked off their feet, the guy falls running forward and does a face-plant smack into the top turnbuckle like some assbag jobber on WWE.

That's a better example of good luck to me.
The CEO
lol...it's bad luck Cotto's nose got damaged that early and that seriously, Slim....Margarito was focusing on a body attack and isn't a precision puncher...Cotto was schooling him and showing a really good head defense at the time......a punch landed just right on his nose to break it and hinder his breathing....shit happens...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.