Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Holyfield Looking At Jail Time!!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Boxingjunkie
Attorney might ask for jail time for Holyfield

Boxer hasn’t met child-support responsibilities, woman’s lawyer says

By JOHN HOLLIS

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Monday, October 13, 2008

Former heavyweight boxing champion Evander Holyfield is scheduled to appear in court later this month to answer an attorney’s claims that Holyfield has not complied with his financial responsibilities to a woman and the child she had with him.

Randy Kessler, the attorney for Toi Irvin of Clayton County, said Monday that he is prepared to ask for jail time when Holyfield appears in Fayette County Superior Court on Oct. 22 to answer why he has failed to comply with the support agreement for the couple’s soon-to-be 11-year-old son, one of his 11 children.

Kessler said Holyfield had until Sept. 1 to pay the $4,500 in legal fees that Kessler’s firm ran up in getting him to pay back child support and to ensure that a college trust fund is in place and funded. Neither condition had been met as of Monday afternoon. Holyfield has also failed to pay the child’s private school tuition, forcing the mother to instead send her son to public school, Kessler said.

Kessler said he intended to ask the court to make Holyfield comply with the terms or risk going to jail.

Holyfield, who lives in a sprawling mansion in Fayette County, is obligated to provide $3,000 per month in child support. Court records show that he’d been in arrears before making a $9,000 payment in July. In avoiding a scheduled deposition, he also agreed to a court order requiring him to make timely child-support payments, reinstate the boy’s health insurance, cover a private school bill and ensure that a college trust fund was in place.

“It’s been frustrating,” he said, “because she’s getting such a low amount [in child support], considering the amount of assets he has.”

Efforts to reach Holyfield Monday afternoon were unsuccessful as no one answered the phone at his office.

His attorney, Joy Edwards, didn’t want to comment on pending litigation, but hinted at a remedy agreeable to all parties prior to the court date.

“I think Evander, historically, has made his best attempts financially to take care of his children,” she said, “and he will continue to do that.”

Holyfield has grossed more than $248 million over his career in ring purses, including $107 million over a six-fight stretch from 1996-99. He’s been hit hard, however, by two previous divorces, several failed business ventures and child-support payments believed to run as high as $500,000 annually for the nine of his 11 children that don’t live with him. Holyfield and his third wife, Candi, have two children between them.

There were reports recently that Holyfield would fight Russian Nikolai Valuev for the World Boxing Association title in December, but no formal agreement has been finalized as of yet. Should he fight Valuev and win, Holyfield would become the oldest heavyweight boxing champion ever at age 46.
ROLL DEEP
Woah.....

Two things.......11 children? WTF?! Did Holyfield actually want 11 children or are some of them accidents?

Second, $3,000 a month to help look after the child? Has the kid got a crack addiction that needs paying for? I know Holyfield earns a lot, but I wonder what the mother puts in a month....
Big Slim Sweet
"My god...is the only true god!"
Mean Mister Mustard
3 grand? Come on, you know the mother is using 75% of it to go shopping, getting her nails done and buying tampons.
King Eugene
Ah hell thats his personal life and none of my business. Let him fuck it up if he wants too.
dbdbdb
QUOTE(3King3 @ Oct 14 2008, 09:17 PM) [snapback]407149[/snapback]
Ah hell thats his personal life and none of my business. Let him fuck it up if he wants too.

Agreed!!!

BUT!!!!

The most daming statement: "Holyfield has grossed more than $248 million over his career in ring purses, including $107 million over a six-fight stretch from 1996-99."

Interest alone on his fortune should have taken care of all the kids, all the bills and those money grubbing whores.

King Eugene
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Oct 14 2008, 09:53 PM) [snapback]407155[/snapback]
Agreed!!!

BUT!!!!

The most daming statement: "Holyfield has grossed more than $248 million over his career in ring purses, including $107 million over a six-fight stretch from 1996-99."

Interest alone on his fortune should have taken care of all the kids, all the bills and those money grubbing whores.

Your right about that but some where inbetween he fucked up.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(ROLL DEEP @ Oct 14 2008, 12:34 PM) [snapback]407121[/snapback]
Woah.....
Two things.......11 children? WTF?! Did Holyfield actually want 11 children or are some of them accidents?
Second, $3,000 a month to help look after the child? Has the kid got a crack addiction that needs paying for? I know Holyfield earns a lot, but I wonder what the mother puts in a month....

He didn't plan for 11 if thats what you're wondering..He had the kid with like 3 different chicks..This is the side of Holy I'm not too proud of and neither is he..Women are his weakness..I don't think he slept around like most fighters tend to do(which is stupid) but he would be married to these chicks..
King Eugene
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Oct 15 2008, 01:57 AM) [snapback]407183[/snapback]
He didn't plan for 11 if thats what you're wondering..He had the kid with like 3 different chicks..This is the side of Holy I'm not too proud of and neither is he..Women are his weakness..I don't think he slept around like most fighters tend to do(which is stupid) but he would be married to these chicks..

Theres this type of birth control called CONDOMS oh and another is called PULL OUT
King Eugene
QUOTE(Fitz @ Oct 15 2008, 02:54 AM) [snapback]407192[/snapback]
Not to forget a mouth and an ass.

LMAO I would have expected that comment from Stevenski.

Gotta keep a cum guzzler on the team!
The CEO
laugh.gif

Holy should have gone to jail a long time ago for Assault with a Deadly Weapon....his fuckin' melon.

I respect The Warrior and all....he was my dude after his performance in The Olympics....but in the pros, he ended up headbutting way too much for him to be one of my favorites....he didn't HAVE butt that much to achieve greatness......
salvador
I'm not sure of this, but I think I remember that at one point in his career he founded an organization that taught atheletes be responsible with their money. I could be wrong about that (mostly because I've seen his house, which is Tysonesque in it's rediculousness).

11 kids. That's just so pitiful. No wonder he's still fighting.
LeeGenius
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Oct 15 2008, 07:32 AM) [snapback]407208[/snapback]
laugh.gif

Holy should have gone to jail a long time ago for Assault with a Deadly Weapon....his fuckin' melon.

I respect The Warrior and all....he was my dude after his performance in The Olympics....but in the pros, he ended up headbutting way too much for him to be one of my favorites....he didn't HAVE butt that much to achieve greatness......

Naw dude, hes the WARRIOR. He loves Jesuh (thats how he prnounces "Jesus"). God advised him to roid up his whole career and headbutt constantly and to knock up 7 different women.

Jesuh I hate Evander Holyfield.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(ROLL DEEP @ Oct 14 2008, 05:34 PM) [snapback]407121[/snapback]

The babies name is Antonio & he is all grown up now but his moms still works that same corner 6 nights a week.

QUOTE(Fitz @ Oct 15 2008, 08:00 AM) [snapback]407203[/snapback]
Nah. He would have suggested a coat hanger of a nice set of stairs.

Harsh Fitz but we be the two funniest cats on here & that is just the type of comment I would have made.

Anyway Holyfield is very used to getting punched around the ring so if he goes to prison it will be like coming home + he does not have to worry about getting any of the "ladies" preggas in there.
kidbazooka1
Actually going to jail might be good thing he won't be able to fight anymore.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Oct 15 2008, 11:30 PM) [snapback]407252[/snapback]
Actually going to jail might be good thing he won't be able to fight anymore.

He be fightin off all the "ladies" in there, havin a good time drinkin aftershave like it was Crystal & he could play blackjack for cigarettes. The guy would have it all on a platter.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Oct 15 2008, 07:47 PM) [snapback]407254[/snapback]
He be fightin off all the "ladies" in there, havin a good time drinkin aftershave like it was Crystal & he could play blackjack for cigarettes. The guy would have it all on a platter.

LOL yeah your right.
King Eugene
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Oct 15 2008, 08:32 AM) [snapback]407208[/snapback]

LMAO that head was vicious! It was like a third ungloved fist in the ring.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(3King3 @ Oct 15 2008, 01:35 AM) [snapback]407190[/snapback]
Theres this type of birth control called CONDOMS oh and another is called PULL OUT

HAHAHAHA..God told him it was immoral..hahahaha...I make my women get birth control so I don't have to do either..hahaha..I don't sleep around either because of this..I hate condoms and I hate pulling out soo I gotta find good classy chicks..Thank god I got one now..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Oct 15 2008, 07:32 AM) [snapback]407208[/snapback]
laugh.gif

I think Holy was far from a dirty fighter..His style of fighting caused the headbutts,not him..From all these "headbutts" did he ever once get called for a intentional one??Nope..When he'd get on the inside,he'd just get lower than his opponents which is smart..He is a smart fighter,not a headbutter..When he would jump in at someone,that would also cause headbutts but that happens to every fighter who does that against someone who doesn't move back and just stands there..

JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Oct 15 2008, 06:47 PM) [snapback]407254[/snapback]

HAHAHAHAA.That is some funny ass shit man!!
King Eugene
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Oct 16 2008, 02:02 AM) [snapback]407304[/snapback]
I hate condoms and I hate pulling out

Man you a cool dude but sometimes you just go too damn far.

LMAO dont nobody want to read that shit.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(3King3 @ Oct 16 2008, 01:27 AM) [snapback]407311[/snapback]
Man you a cool dude but sometimes you just go too damn far.

LMAO dont nobody want to read that shit.

Shit,well I can see where Holyfield is comin from..hahaha..We got the same situation..He just needs to get these women on birth control!!

Won't ever see me with 11 kids though..I wonder if all his kids have his superhuman chin..All the bullys on the playground be breaking their hand on these Holyfield chins..
King Eugene
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Oct 16 2008, 06:31 AM) [snapback]407330[/snapback]
Won't ever see me with 11 kids though..I wonder if all his kids have his superhuman chin

LMAO Man you crazy as hell! taunt.gif
Boxingjunkie
Hauled back into court, Holyfield agrees to settle case

Associated Press

Updated: October 22, 2008, 8:27 PM ET

ATLANTA -- Former heavyweight champion Evander Holyfield was back in court Wednesday, again facing the possibility of jail time in a child-support case, but a settlement was reached after he agreed to a $100,000 college fund for his 10-year-old son.

Holyfield also consented to pay private school tuition before college, reinstated health insurance for his son and settled $4,500 in attorney fees, according to Randy Kessler, a lawyer for the child's mother, Toi Irvin. The agreement was reached before a scheduled hearing in Fayette County Superior Court in suburban Atlanta.

"My client is pleased that we didn't have to litigate," Kessler said. "She didn't want him incarcerated. The last thing she wanted was to be the one to ask that he go to jail. She's glad we got it resolved."

Kessler said the agreement was reached after the two sides spent much of the day in the courtroom, watching the judge sentence others for failing to abide by child-support orders. Irvin's attorney had planned to ask that Holyfield be given 30 days to meet all orders in the case and be sent to jail immediately if he failed to comply.

"While Evander was sitting there and we were sitting there, people were going to jail for a lot less money than he owed," Kessler said.

Holyfield must fully pay into the child's college fund within three years, Kessler said. The case was kept open in case the boxer fails to provide the funding.

Joy Edwards, Holyfield's attorney, did not immediately respond to an e-mail and after-hours telephone message left at her office.

This is the latest salvo in a case that began over the summer when Holyfield failed to make three straight $3,000 monthly child-support payments to Irvin, apparently because of financial woes that also included the threatened foreclosure of his sprawling estate in Fayette County.

Holyfield's massive home, which was scheduled to be auctioned on the steps of the county courthouse, was taken off the foreclosure list and is still occupied by the boxer.

The only four-time heavyweight champion turned 46 this week, but insists he wants to keep fighting until the regains the title for a fifth time. Holyfield hasn't fought since losing a unanimous decision a year ago to then-WBO champion Sultan Ibragimov.

Holyfield was reportedly in negotiations for a fight with WBA heavyweight champion Nikolai Valuev in December, but no agreement has been signed.

"I hope the next time I see him, he's beating up somebody on TV," Kessler said.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Boxingjunkie @ Oct 23 2008, 01:25 AM) [snapback]408120[/snapback]
"I hope the next time I see him, he's beating up somebody on TV," Kessler said.

Shit,me too!!
King Eugene
Damn Holy! Well it could always be worse!
blackbelt2003
You know, the other day, I saw a little kid with a bald head, a mustache and half an ear singing gospel songs on the swings in the park.

Now it all makes sense.

Black
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.