Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The next best move for these two.....
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BoxingStill#1

Chad Dawson vs. Winky Wright.................Do you think it would make for a good fight?......Who do you think would take it?...
Mean Mister Mustard
I think it might look a lot like the Johnson fight except Winky isn't as strong or as hard a puncher as The Road Warrior. Johnson would rim Winky with combos but Wright would block a lot of them very effectively. In the end it might look more than Wright-Taylor than my first comparison with Dawson not eating as much leather as "Ja'Maine" did. I for one would not like to see this, Wright should go down to 160, if his Krispy Kreme eating ass can, and fight Abraham or Pavlik. Well first of all he should just fight. Anyone.
BigG
Abraham turned down a fight with Winky...looks like Winky has nowhere to go. He SHOULD call out Chad.
JD
Winky should hope Taylor beats Lacy and go after the rematch.
D-MARV
Winky Wright would take a beating!!!!
King Eugene
Chad vs Winky would be one hell of a match but if not.......

Chad should try to unify the LHW division

Winky just needs to fight!
JonnyBlaze
Too bad Winky isn't the same as he was years ago and likes to fight more..Winky in his prime or maybe still now would give Dawson a very very hard fight..I don't see Dawson getting between Winky's gloves like he did Tarvers in the early rounds..It'd be a good fight though I think..I think Dawson would win based on his work rate and his ability to make other people's work rate not like they normally would be..When Dawson punches,you only have one opinion and thats cover up or get hit..He is too fast!!
King Eugene
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Oct 15 2008, 02:04 AM) [snapback]407185[/snapback]
When Dawson punches,you only have one option and thats cover up or get hit..He is too fast!!

On point with that one! I didnt know he was that dang fast or was Tarver just that slow?
Big Slim Sweet
I like any Winky Wright matchup where he would lose so Dawson-Wright sounds good to me.
STEVENSKI
Can someone please just remind me of what Winky has actually done recently to deserve a shot against Dawson. Not what he has done to deserve a beating as Winky has needed his arse smacked since the day he popped out his momma but what he has done to deserve a shot.
King Eugene
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Oct 15 2008, 06:19 PM) [snapback]407244[/snapback]
Can someone please just remind me of what Winky has actually done recently to deserve a shot against Dawson. Not what he has done to deserve a beating as Winky has needed his arse smacked since the day he popped out his momma but what he has done to deserve a shot.

Nothing really but his name alone would probably be what did it. Just like Roy doesn't deserve a shot at Calzaghe but he built a name for himself throughout his career.

Its all about the money!
D-MARV
I hope Winky doesn't call out Dawson. That would be a one sided Massacre!!!!!!!!!
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(3King3 @ Oct 16 2008, 01:09 AM) [snapback]407265[/snapback]
Nothing really but his name alone would probably be what did it. Just like Roy doesn't deserve a shot at Calzaghe but he built a name for himself throughout his career.

Its all about the money!

Roy brings name recognition & money to the table. Winky brings neither which is unfortunate as he was a good fighter he just has zero charisma & thus zero drawing power.
King Eugene
I'd still like to see it though. I think it would be very competitive and entertaining.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(3King3 @ Oct 15 2008, 01:31 AM) [snapback]407188[/snapback]
On point with that one! I didnt know he was that dang fast or was Tarver just that slow?

Tarver did look extremely slow in that fight..The slowest I've ever seen him..Doesn't matter though cause Dawson was putting together fast/hard combos that would take anyone outta their game plan..If Dawson doesn't get slower anytime soon,I don't see anyone around that weight putting up a fight besides a guy like Johnson..Yet,if Dawson had more stamina in that fight,Johnson might of gotten owned till the end..That fight with them could of gone 2 points either way since Johnson knows how to take advantage of someone after they throw a big combo and don't come back with more..If Dawson was able to do a Kostya Tsyzu(throw a combo and come back right away with another),he would be unstoppable.
King Eugene
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Oct 15 2008, 11:32 PM) [snapback]407279[/snapback]
If Dawson was able to do a Kostya Tsyzu(throw a combo and come back right away with another),he would be unstoppable.

He's still young, there is a big possiblity he could get there.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(3King3 @ Oct 15 2008, 11:57 PM) [snapback]407293[/snapback]
He's still young, there is a big possiblity he could get there.

True..It all depends on his conditioning..Kostya was one of the best conditioned fighters ever in my opinion though..He is a machine in the gym..It'd be hard to follow in his footsteps,especially in that department..Not many names come to mind who were able to throw back to back to back to back combos like Kostya did..It would of been insane to watch him in the gym for one day..
King Eugene
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Oct 16 2008, 02:13 AM) [snapback]407307[/snapback]
Not many names come to mind who were able to throw back to back to back to back combos like Kostya did

As much as I hate to give him credit for it but Calzaghe can. But I dont think they are as effectives as KT's where.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.