Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NCAAF
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
King Eugene
Well let me start off by saying I am a huge Miami Hurricanes fan. We aint near the best team in the nation or in our coference but I just wanted to put that out there.

Over the past 10 years the game has been changing a lot. Its gone from power football to teams with virtually track stars at the skill positions. Me personally I think speed kills and thats why I like the Gators. Hands down they has to be the fastest team in the nation. There are a lot of good solid teams out there as well. And of course as always there are a lot of overrated teams. I think the most overrated team in the past 5 years has got to be Ohio State and the Big Ten coference. The SEC of course is the toughest conference followed by the Big 12 IMO. As far as the Big Ten we'll just have to see how good Penn State is at the end of their season when they reach a bowl game cause they are going to run the table. The ACC isn't living up to their expectations but give us a couple more years and we'll get there. I mean come on, Carolina (which is always a favorite, HOMETEAM) is back ranked in the top 20, Wake Forest is pretty damn good too, and Duke started the season off pretty strong. Are they the best conference? By all means no but they for damn sure isn't the worst.

A list of my favorites
Favorite College Football Player to watch of all times: Reggie Bush
Favorite College Football Player of all times: Ed Reed
Hell let me stop cause damn near all of my favorites got to do with the Canes. LOL

What do you guys think about the state of college football now a days with the BCS and all the other political stuff?

Who all has played college ball before?
Al Hata

I am a huge college football fan. I try to watch every game I can, I really enjoy the atmosphere, the traditions. I don't think anything comes close to the fun of college football.

I'm a Rutgers alum so that's my school. It's been a really tough year for us, but I guess you can't expect to go to bowls every year when your Rutgers. Hopefully Schiano can keep the recruits he's got coming in and we can turn this around. The future is bright for us, we just have to keep chopping.

My favorite college player ever was Charles Woodson. Growing up I loved the Michigan team and their players- Tyrone Wheatly, Tim Biankabutuka, A-Train. I also loved the Miami teams with Sean Taylor (best college FS ever), Portis, Vilma, I could go on but their whole team went to the NFL that year.

The politics of NCAA suck, expecially for me and the Big East. It's like, fvcking Notre Dame, are you in the Big East or not? Why do they have one of our bowl spots? Really grinds my gears, I hate Notre Dame those ginger fvcks.

The BCS is alright, I think we will eventually see a playoff but the system is as good as it can be. Remember when their were ties? That sucked. The changes college football have made may not be perfect, but they have improved the sport and made it more popular.

Love it! Go RU!
Spyder
Al Hata, when are you gonna finally leave that sorry ass conference and start watching some real football?

You know how we do down here in da south!

SEC! Florida Gators 4 LIFE!!!

laugh.gif

Man it ain't gonna be a cake walk this year...
Al Hata
QUOTE(Spyder @ Oct 15 2008, 02:05 PM) [snapback]407231[/snapback]
Al Hata, when are you gonna finally leave that sorry ass conference and start watching some real football?

laugh.gif

Hey man, maybe in another life I'll be born in the south and have the opportunity to attend a big time SEC school. But this is what I'm stuck with.

Gators look good.
rusty_trombone
I would just like to thank hardhead and his LSU Tigers for visiting the Swamp this past weekend, as a good time was had by all stomping a mudhole in that ass.

Go Gators.

Oh and caneman, I would like to thank the canes for making the trip also.
Spyder
QUOTE(Al Hata @ Oct 15 2008, 02:23 PM) [snapback]407233[/snapback]
laugh.gif

Hey man, maybe in another life I'll be born in the south and have the opportunity to attend a big time SEC school. But this is what I'm stuck with.

Gators look good.

This year is gonna be a long one for your Scarlet Knights. The only gimmes are the Cuse and Army.

Hopefully the Gators can hold it together now. I think the Ole Miss game really woke them up.
King Eugene
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Oct 15 2008, 07:33 PM) [snapback]407253[/snapback]
Oh and caneman, I would like to thank the canes for making the trip also.

I bet the Gators wont schedule us next year. The Canes will run thangs!
Spyder
QUOTE(3King3 @ Oct 16 2008, 02:44 AM) [snapback]407316[/snapback]

I think the agreement has The Gators going to Miami in 2012...you guys might be able to field a competitive squad by then.

laugh.gif
hardhead
Last week was embarrassing BUT nothing would be sweeter then to get into that SEC Championship and spoil the party for whoever is in that game(Georgia or Florida). We've done it before. This week won't be easy with South Carolina on the road though, we need to bounce back in a big way, after that we have Georgia and Bama at home, tough schedule but at least those two are at home.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(3King3 @ Oct 16 2008, 02:44 AM) [snapback]407316[/snapback]

Uh, you guys struggled against UCF. You have a seriously long road.

Scheduling happens a long time in advance, we didn't expect you guys to be a laughing stock again this year.
King Eugene
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Oct 16 2008, 06:41 PM) [snapback]407378[/snapback]
Uh, you guys struggled against UCF. You have a seriously long road.

Scheduling happens a long time in advance, we didn't expect you guys to be a laughing stock again this year.

Ah UCF is the defending Conference USA Champs.

You guys lost to unranked Ole Miss.
Spyder
QUOTE(3King3 @ Oct 16 2008, 10:10 PM) [snapback]407404[/snapback]

You do realize that there is a slight talent disparity between CUSA and the SEC?

Just like the Special Olypmics Champion isn't on the same level as the dude that finished 6th in Beijing.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(3King3 @ Oct 16 2008, 10:10 PM) [snapback]407404[/snapback]

hahaha you just said Conference USA champs.

We may have lost to Ole miss by 1 on a fucked up extra point, but somehow we managed to whoop Miami's ass. I also believe you lost to an unranked FSU. and you're currently down by a td to Duke. hahaha Duke.

This is not the time to be a cane fan.
King Eugene
QUOTE(Spyder @ Oct 17 2008, 01:06 PM) [snapback]407444[/snapback]
You do realize that there is a slight talent disparity between CUSA and the SEC?

Just like the Special Olypmics Champion isn't on the same level as the dude that finished 6th in Beijing.

LMAO...man you are something else.
King Eugene
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Oct 18 2008, 04:38 PM) [snapback]407521[/snapback]
hahaha you just said Conference USA champs.

We may have lost to Ole miss by 1 on a fucked up extra point, but somehow we managed to whoop Miami's ass. I also believe you lost to an unranked FSU. and you're currently down by a td to Duke. hahaha Duke.

This is not the time to be a cane fan.

OK we lost to FSU who are ranked now and we ended up destroying Duke.
rusty_trombone
I hope everyone saw the ass-beating that UGA took this week. Rivalry my ass
Spyder
QUOTE(3King3 @ Oct 28 2008, 12:08 AM) [snapback]408533[/snapback]
OK we lost to FSU who are ranked now and we ended up destroying Duke.

Wonder if FSU will be ranked tomorrow...

laugh.gif
caneman
QUOTE(3King3 @ Oct 27 2008, 11:07 PM) [snapback]408531[/snapback]
LMAO...man you are something else.

Yea, a real class act like most gator's are! I know, here it comes, we beat you by 23...he won't mention he was half shitting his pants til the beginning of the 4th quarter! lolz! Like a said, classic Gator! And FSU is ranked & you better not look past them! Y'all handle them though & be good to see y'all play bama but bama has their own problems beating LSU next week!
I think Texas Tech got screwed in the poll & Penn St has the easiest road! Hell Texas Tech might have the hardest road left & the includes the might SEC(the roughest & toughest conference by far IMO!)It's gonna be an interesting finish to another year! drinks.gif
Spyder
Gators are on a roll boy!!!

Bama looks tough, but FSU? Nah! nea.gif Them staying in the polls was an obvious gift to good ol' Bobby!
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(caneman @ Nov 2 2008, 03:04 PM) [snapback]409044[/snapback]
Yea, a real class act like most gator's are!

Yeah, the Hurricanes are known for just how classy they are.
King Eugene
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Nov 3 2008, 11:50 AM) [snapback]409157[/snapback]
Yeah, the Hurricanes are known for just how classy they are.

An All Gators Team will not beat an All Hurricanes Team! I garuntee you that! For every position you name, I can name about three!
Spyder
QUOTE(3King3 @ Nov 4 2008, 12:02 AM) [snapback]409266[/snapback]
An All Gators Team will not beat an All Hurricanes Team! I garuntee you that! For every position you name, I can name about three!

Uh...ok, Emmitt Smith.

laugh.gif
King Eugene
QUOTE(Spyder @ Nov 4 2008, 07:57 AM) [snapback]409295[/snapback]
Uh...ok, Emmitt Smith.

laugh.gif

Good one. I cant say Clinton Portis yet or Edgerin James but they are getting there.

Other than him though. LMAO laugh.gif

Plus he was a Cowboy!!!
D-MARV
Is anyone giving Penn State a chance to win it all?
caneman
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Nov 6 2008, 06:05 AM) [snapback]409580[/snapback]

Hard to tell how good Penn State is, for the most part they only beat one really good team & if they look past Mich St this week, they are going down! Yet they have the easiest road by far so that kinda gives them an inside track IMO. Here are some cold facts, the whole top 6 or seven teams will probably lose a game & the teams (other than Penn St) deserve to go to the Championship game if they win out! Dam especially texas tech or who wins out in the SEC! For the next 3-4 weeks, I fully expect the top 10 teams to change on a weekly basis! I just feel if Texas Tech & the gators win out, they should go before Penn St even without a loss! This is why we need a playoff in college football IMO!
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Nov 6 2008, 06:05 AM) [snapback]409580[/snapback]

Uh, no. The Big 10 is really bad, especially this year. Does anyone remember Ohio State from the previous 2 seasons. Maybe this year, the BCS will wake up and not send some dickbag Big 10 champ to the National TItle game where they can continue to get abused by other conferences.
King Eugene
Big 10 and Pac 10 are overrated. If a SEC and Big 12 school isnt in the national championship game they need to push for a 8 to 16 team playoff once again!
D-MARV
I do believe that Texas Tech and Alabama will lose at least once over the next few weeks which would leave Penn State at the top! Could be interesing to see how Penn State fairs agaist the other top teams.
caneman
Chances are that you are right, they will go if they win out with only 1 tough test! As I said...Penn State might have the inside track cause of who they have left to play! It's funny but until there is a playoff system in effect, the chances of the best teams playing for the championship are not very good!
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Nov 7 2008, 06:07 AM) [snapback]409724[/snapback]
I do believe that Texas Tech and Alabama will lose at least once over the next few weeks which would leave Penn State at the top! Could be interesing to see how Penn State fairs agaist the other top teams.

I'm pretty sure I know how they would fare against any of the other top 5 teams. They would get blown up like the sorry ass Big 10 football team they are.
King Eugene
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Nov 7 2008, 05:52 PM) [snapback]409786[/snapback]
I'm pretty sure I know how they would fare against any of the other top 5 teams. They would get blown up like the sorry ass Big 10 football team they are.

It happens to the Big 10 every year. Well besides Michigan beating Florida last year.
Spyder
QUOTE(3King3 @ Nov 7 2008, 09:05 PM) [snapback]409811[/snapback]
It happens to the Big 10 every year. Well besides Michigan beating Florida last year.

I think that was a fluke too...

laugh.gif
King Eugene
QUOTE(Spyder @ Nov 7 2008, 09:28 PM) [snapback]409815[/snapback]
I think that was a fluke too...

laugh.gif

LOL they just took a serious L. And in Orlando to make it so bad.
D-MARV
There goes Penn State's bid!!!!!!
Spyder
At least they got saved the embarrassment of getting blown out of the title game.
caneman
Bama/Fla will be a great game! One of these years, I am gonna have to get tickets for the SEC title game! It's one of those must do things...I am actually kinda wanting to see the Gators vs Texas Tech for what should be the highest scoring title game in history! drinks.gif
Spyder
QUOTE(caneman @ Nov 10 2008, 09:10 AM) [snapback]410176[/snapback]
Bama/Fla will be a great game! One of these years, I am gonna have to get tickets for the SEC title game! It's one of those must do things...I am actually kinda wanting to see the Gators vs Texas Tech for what should be the highest scoring title game in history! drinks.gif

The Gators D has been pretty solid all year, but anyone will have problems with Crabtree...that guy is unbelieveable.
King Eugene
QUOTE(Spyder @ Nov 10 2008, 08:30 AM) [snapback]410172[/snapback]
At least they got saved the embarrassment of getting blown out of the title game.

LOL...so overrated!

On another note Pryor from OSU wasn't a bust. What an investment, and just think if he's smart and healthy they'll have him for another 3 years.
King Eugene

Me and a co-worker was just talking about that today. Atleast 80 points will be put on the board.
King Eugene
QUOTE(Spyder @ Nov 10 2008, 09:23 AM) [snapback]410177[/snapback]
The Gators D has been pretty solid all year, but anyone will have problems with Crabtree...that guy is unbelieveable.

If he leaves for the league how much do you want to bet that the Lions will draft him? LMAO
Spyder
QUOTE(3King3 @ Nov 11 2008, 03:36 AM) [snapback]410362[/snapback]
If he leaves for the league how much do you want to bet that the Lions will draft him? LMAO

That city does love drafting wide receivers...lol

Unless Tebow comes out! cray.gif
rusty_trombone

I'll be there, we should meet up
caneman
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Nov 12 2008, 07:19 PM) [snapback]410638[/snapback]
I'll be there, we should meet up

I am probably to late to even get tickets @ this point...got an extra? I'll pay for it! hahaha! lol! Just on another note, I am proud of my canes on top of the ACC coastal, there was a time this year that I didn't know if we'd even make 500%. To do it with such a young team is promising...I'd love to get back where we should be!!! Much the the nation might not like it, be they better watch out in a year or 2 cause we will be balling! clapping.gif
King Eugene
QUOTE(caneman @ Nov 14 2008, 05:44 AM) [snapback]410981[/snapback]
I am probably to late to even get tickets @ this point...got an extra? I'll pay for it! hahaha! lol! Just on another note, I am proud of my canes on top of the ACC coastal, there was a time this year that I didn't know if we'd even make 500%. To do it with such a young team is promising...I'd love to get back where we should be!!! Much the the nation might not like it, be they better watch out in a year or 2 cause we will be balling! clapping.gif

All we need is for Carolina (which is my second favorite team) to lose to Maryland and we got the number 1 spot. Maryland always show up against ranked teams. Florida State just had 5 recievers get suspended for the BC game as well. Its looking good for my Canes!!!
caneman
Well, the Canes just need to win out now & we are going to the Championship to face what looks to be Wake Forest! drinks.gif
On another note, those Gators were like a machine yesterday even if SC sucks & pretty much gave them 3 TD's on turnovers.
I can't wait to see how everything plays out the rest of the year. I still think the top 10 teams & the Bullcrap Championship Series could can & will be dropped on it's head.
rusty_trombone
How about those gators?

Suck it Alabama!
Spyder
Julio Jones is a beast, but Tim Tebow walks on water!
Al Hata

We'll I'm headed to Birmingham to see Rutgers take on NC State. Wish it was the Orange bowl but I guess it's what they deserve for going 7-5 and being in the Big East.

rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Al Hata @ Dec 8 2008, 08:56 PM) [snapback]415303[/snapback]
We'll I'm headed to Birmingham to see Rutgers take on NC State. Wish it was the Orange bowl but I guess it's what they deserve for going 7-5 and being in the Big East.

I cringed when I read 'headed to Birmingham'. Sorry to anyone on here that is from Alabama, and this has nothing to do with football, but your state is a shithole and sucks. But, at the end of the day, you can say 'Hey, at least you're not in Mississippi or Arkansas.'
King Eugene
First of all let me start out by saying my name is 3King3 and I AM A HURRICANES FAN.

I use to like the gators but their bandwagon fans make me hope they get blown out by 30 against OU
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.