Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vladimir Klitschko VS David Haye
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
ROLL DEEP
Just been watching a boxing chat show and Adam Booth - David Hayes trainer - said he's spoken to the Kiltschko camp about a possible match up between Vladimir and Haye next year if they both get past their next fights...and Haye does it impressively.

Be a great fight to look forward to IF they both do the business in their next fight.
salvador
I'd love to see this because I'd love to see Haye get destroyed.

Mean Mister Mustard
Is Haye fighting Barett this year?
salvador
I don't know if the Barrett fight has been signed, but that's the idea. Personally, I think that's going to be an excellent opportunity to make some real money, as I'm sure the odds will be at least +300 on Barrett. I'd take that bet all day.
ROLL DEEP
Yeah, he's fighting end of November I think it was mentioned. He's fighting Monte Barrett which is actually an interesting fight considering the division.

Love him or hate him, Haye is a breath of fresh air in the division.

He has EVERYTHING...skill, speed, he looks the part, nice style, pleasing to watch, interesting interviews,...the only thing is a ????? about his chin. I'm not saying it's bad, just questionable.
Maxy
QUOTE(ROLL DEEP @ Oct 16 2008, 09:29 AM) [snapback]407342[/snapback]
Yeah, he's fighting end of November I think it was mentioned. He's fighting Monte Barrett which is actually an interesting fight considering the division.

He has EVERYTHING...skill, speed, he looks the part, nice style, pleasing to watch, interesting interviews,...the only thing is a ????? about his chin. I'm not saying it's bad, just questionable.

Haye himself has admitted that he doesn't have the best chin in the sport but he believes his superior speed will prove too much for all these huge slow heavyweights. I'll reserve judgement on him as a heavyweight until I have seen him deal with Barrett. If he's impressive the ball can start rolling for a much stiffer challenge against either of the Klits.
salvador
QUOTE(ROLL DEEP @ Oct 16 2008, 10:29 AM) [snapback]407342[/snapback]

I'd say his power at hw is a pretty big question mark.

But I do agree that he's a breath of fresh air. I just don't think he'll last long if he starts getting in the ring with the top guys.
BigG
Haye fought at HW last year against some stiff from Europe..he KO'd him in 1...Haye brought up his power and speed.
sweetchuck
I don't know why you guys are putting so much stock in Barrett, the guy was KO'ed by Cliff Couser of all people. Is this the Fighthype message board or the Boxingtalk? Barrett isn't the same fighter as he was a few years ago. Haye will beat Barrett and do well against Wlad, I don't know if he beats Wlad, but then again, Wlad has to get past Povetkin and that's not a guarantee.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Oct 16 2008, 12:33 PM) [snapback]407361[/snapback]
Haye fought at HW last year against some stiff from Europe..he KO'd him in 1...Haye brought up his power and speed.

Did you see it??If so,could ya maybe post a link if ya saw it online??I'd wanna check it out..Wlad. KO's him pretty easily if ya ask me..I don't see Haye dealing with Klitchko's jab too well..
King Eugene
One of them will lose before next year so the fight wont happen.
JD
Haye will rush Wlad...soon he will realize Wlad is much bigger, stronger and willing to hold.

The fight will settle down shortly thereafter and Haye will get knocked out.
King Eugene
It turns out to be another disappointing fight. Haye will come on fast, Wlad will slow it down to his pace and we'll all be upset cause of how boring the fight was. Then the message boards will go crazy about how boring the heavyweight division is and its been bad for boxing.

Hopefully I'm wrong though!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(3King3 @ Oct 16 2008, 07:55 PM) [snapback]407396[/snapback]
It turns out to be another disappointing fight. Haye will come on fast, Wlad will slow it down to his pace and we'll all be upset cause of how boring the fight was. Then the message boards will go crazy about how boring the heavyweight division is and its been bad for boxing.

You guys will say I'm crazy but I liked the Ibragimov fight against Wlad..So,that being said I'll be really looking forward to this fight if it happens..I thought it was amazing how he dominated Sultan with his jab..Don't lie 3King3,but if you had a jab like that you might do the same thing he did..I know I would..That was pure boxing!!Hit and don't get hit..Maybe that might be a big reason why I like the Klitchko's soo much..They both weren't always like the way they are now which is what made Wlad a lot more easier to catch and gas out..He'd be overly agressive and would throw a shit load of bombs and really go for the KO and that actually back fired on him in some fights and got him KO'ed..haha..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Fitz @ Oct 17 2008, 03:24 AM) [snapback]407432[/snapback]
I think you are crazy. I thought that fight was terrible. I wasn't even impressed with his jab early in the fight. I don't even think he was jabbing most of the times, I think the majority of the 'jabs' was him pawing and basically punching Ibragimov's hand down to pretty much retard him of punching. It took him forever to open up. Built like Tarzan but fought like Jane.

I am crazy..I also didn't like when Klitchko tried to knock down Ibrag's hand down..It could of been extremely effective had he tried to knock it down and came with a jab or 1-2..I really like Wlad's jab though..I watched a lot of his fights while shadow boxing and after doing that I improved my jab..Then I went to go see my trainer in the burbs(I have a trainer out there and one in the Chi when in school) who I hadn't seen in awhile and he said he couldn't believe I was the same person cause my jab had gotten better than he could of even thought possible at that time..Watching fighters you like while shadow boxing can help a lot I think,or watching fighters who have good technique at certain things..For footwork and some other things I watch Ray Robinson..I do 8 rounds of shadow boxing while most guys normally do 4 so I got a lot of time to watch some fights if I'm shadow boxing outside the gym..Off topic I know,but by watching Klitchko made me better..
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(3King3 @ Oct 16 2008, 07:55 PM) [snapback]407396[/snapback]

No I'm afraid you won't be wrong.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.