Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pavlik vs. Hopkins: Round by Round/Postfight 8PM (CST)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Jack 1000
For all on-going comments and post fight reactions to the HOPKINS VS. PAVLIK fight:

Fight Hype's live coverage is here:

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/roundbyroun...30f46425f4043e9

Jack

Administrator
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Looking forward to this one. Should be a good card, and a good night of fights. Rubio-Orenelas should be a great scrap, and we'll get to see Daniel Jacobs again. Luevano is fighting Dib, who I hear has been hyped up a little. Then we get the main event. Hopkins is 43, but didn't look bad against Calzaghe. He beat Tarver easy at light heavy, and took Winky Wright out of his game. Gotta give respect to the old man. Pavlik has made a name for himself in the last two years. He knocked Miranda and Taylor out, and is Bob Arum's meal ticket now that Cotto got beat. He wants to make a star, but this isn't the fight to do it. The rematch against Taylor was a very close fight, and some felt he looked a bit sluggish at the higher weight. I think Hopkins is going to have enough tricks to pull this one out. Pavlik coming forward will play right into Hopkins' plan of defense and countering. He's a basic fighter, and won't throw as many shots a round as Calzaghe did at the end of that fight. It's going to be a slow paced fight, with Hopkins pulling out a fairly convincing decision win.
dbdbdb
The key to this fight is that B-Hop has got to ............ Let the hands go!!!!

CANNOT win throwing 20 punches per round.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Oct 18 2008, 09:03 PM) [snapback]407529[/snapback]
The key to this fight is that B-Hop has got to ............ Let the hands go!!!!

CANNOT win throwing 20 punches per round.

Yup, thats it in a nutshell. I see him getting stopped around the 9th or 10th. Pavlik 10th by TKO...
The Original MrFactor
What time does the main event start? Debating whether or not to order it... Aint shit else on TV...
salvador
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Oct 18 2008, 09:12 PM) [snapback]407531[/snapback]
Yup, thats it in a nutshell. I see him getting stopped around the 9th or 10th. Pavlik 10th by TKO...

I don't know. I just rewatched Hopkins-Tarver and I'm not sure that anyone can ko Hopkins the way he fights. Hopkins just refuses to put himself in a position where he might get hit flush.

My money's on Hopkins at +260, but the more I think about it I just don't think he's going to score enough to win unless he gets the ko.
BGv2.0
I myself think Hopkins might pull this one off. Pavlik can be hit and Benard is not just going to set there at the end of his punches like the last guy did. And I also think the higher weight is going to slow Kelly down more than what many think....which goes in favor of the old man.
dbdbdb
I will say this -- much props to B-Hop for taking one tough fight after another as his career comes to a close. Few are willing to take the kind of RISKY fights that he willingly goes after. If only DLH had half the balls as B-Hop .......... We would have seen DLH vs Margarito.

I'm leaning towards a UD for Pavlik ....... ONLY because B-Hop just doesn't throw enough punches to sway the judges against YOUNGER opponents. Sadly!!
Future_Champ
I am going to predict a UD for Hopkins. I know hes old but I think he still has enough to pull it off. If you look at pavliks style, hes almost an exact replica of Trinidad. He comes forward behind his jab thowing powerfu straight punches and good body shots. Hopkins handles that style very well in my opinion. If pavlik just follows him around the ring all night I could see him getting frustrated. but then again maybe Hopkins wont be busy enough and keep Pavliks pace. I cant wait to find out!
The CEO
Mixing it up tonight....no Beer...goin' with Maker's Mark and Coke....I'm ready!

Stream here.
The CEO
That dude just killed my dog with that high note.
woooooo
http://kw-tv.tk/

Might have a little better sound and less lag.
The CEO
Hopkins wins the 1st round clean...
dbdbdb
B-Hop snatched the first round .... good movement and Pavlik couldn't get set
The CEO
Pavlik is definitely unsettled...Hops wobbles Pavlik and wins round 2 as well...
dbdbdb
B-Hop won the first two rounds
Rocked Pavlik with a great left hook in the second.
!
lol!!! Why do they have a midgit ref?
B-Hop 3 - 0
The CEO
The 4th and 5th were closer...but I got all 5 for Hopkins....
frankypc
Yep all 5 for hopkins, man, the old man started early this time, but does he has the legs to keep it up?
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(frankypc @ Oct 19 2008, 12:00 AM) [snapback]407547[/snapback]
Yep all 5 for hopkins, man, the old man started early this time, but does he has the legs to keep it up?

That will be interesting to see. But so far Hopkins taking the kid to school.
Chi-Town
Pavlik looks lost so far
frankypc
lol double jab and straight right hand is not a game plan lol.
dbdbdb
DAMN!!!!!

B-Hop ..... 7 - 0

Pavlik is getting countered to death
Chi-Town
Kelly Pavlik you've been lied to
The CEO
Pavlik was unsure of himself from the opening bell...Hopkins got in his head and is straight up outworking him.

7-0 Hopkins.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(Chi-Town @ Oct 19 2008, 12:08 AM) [snapback]407552[/snapback]
Kelly Pavlik you've been lied to

All i can say is WOW!!! Glad i didnt put down money tonite. Sounds like the old man is putting on a clinic.
frankypc
B-Hop vs Tito all over again?
The CEO
and Pavlik gets a point deducted in the 8th...lol
Mean Mister Mustard
Classic Hopkins fight, he has totally gotten into Pavlik's head. Pavlik was trying to go to the body early on but now he's so bewildered he's headhunting.
woooooo
I thought I saw something in the weigh in that Kelly looked scared, but thought nothing of it and didnt think twice of reading anything into it.

All I can say is wow.
King Eugene
QUOTE(frankypc @ Oct 19 2008, 12:10 AM) [snapback]407555[/snapback]
B-Hop vs Tito all over again?

BHop whoopin ass. That holding point was bs!!!!
dbdbdb
This ref is too twitchy ........ -1 for pavlik & -1 for B-Hop ........ Both soft fouls.
Mean Mister Mustard
Pavlik needs the KO, no way he's winning the fight.
frankypc
daaam 43 years old my ass jaja
dbdbdb
I'll say it again ............... DAMN!!!!

B-Hop 11 - 0

Pavlik has not looked good at all against "The Master"
King Eugene
bhop ud! I told ya! lol
buford54
I always said this was a horrible fight for Pavlik. If it was Jack Lowe's idea, Kelly may want to can him for it.
He had nothing to gain in beating a 43 year old who is coming off a loss to Calzaghe.
He had everything to lose by losing, especially losing convincingly.
The CEO
lol...Hopkins rocking Pavlik in the 12th to add insult to injury....this wasn't Old or New...this was just School....
BigG
I just want to say I'm sorry to Joe Calzgahe and all his fans for disrespecting him and his fans ever again.

That was a BEATDOWN! 12-0 with a even round
frankypc
Hops for a moment looked as he wanted to cry jaj
Mean Mister Mustard
If you still doubt this man is a legend you need to watch something else.
BigG
I wont say hes p4p #1 or p4p#1 of his era...but we WITNESSED a LEGEND....
Mean Mister Mustard
THe only bad thing about this result it is that Calzaghe won't shut up now.
The Original MrFactor
Happily Wrong!! the Old man did it to me again!!! Go Hopkins!!!!!!!!
dbdbdb
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Oct 19 2008, 12:30 AM) [snapback]407569[/snapback]
If you still doubt this man is a legend you need to watch something else.

COSIGN!!!!

B-Hop let his hands go .... and you see the results. The Legend has left the building. thumbsup_anim.gif
PR316
I'll call this Hopkins greatest performance. B-Hop just beat a guy that was 17 years younger than him. There is nobody else who can do this what we saw tonight.

Gotta give it up to him. Didn't lose a round and didn't even break a sweat. This was greater than the Tarver fight. Greater than the Trinidad fight. I don't know what else to say.
Kusini
Hopkins won me over tonight. He made Pavlik do things he was not supposed to.

A legend.
gods son
wow, grand performance by Hopkins!

please RETIRE!!

Chi-Town
Do you guys think this puts him back in the top 10 p4p?
The CEO
I don't know about y'all...but I wanna see THIS Hopkins fight some more....an excellent, signature performance....
Mean Mister Mustard
Speed is the only ting that will beat Hopkins at this point. Speed is for him is like silver ot a warewolf.

I also have to say that people, mostly boxing writers, need to start learning that STYLES MAKE FIGHTS. A lot of people predicted Tarver would beat Hops based on the Taylor fights and they thought Hopkins would run. Same thing here, people thought he would fight like he did against Calzaghe. Every guy is different.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.