Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bute vs. Andrade:Comments/Round by Round
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jack 1000
Everyone,

Don't forget the big IBF Supermiddleweight Title Fight in Montreal tonight. Bute vs Andrade They general have HUGE vocal crowds in Canada for title fights and it's too bad this match has gotten almost no exposure in the States.

Jack

Administrator
salvador
I've been looking forward to seeing Andrade fight again ever since the Kessler match. And if Bute can take him out imprssively, the 168 pound division might just turn out to be the most interesting in boxing except for the ww division.
stateofthegame
I hope Andrade wins, I have always liked that guy.
salvador
QUOTE(stateofthegame @ Oct 24 2008, 08:59 PM) [snapback]408204[/snapback]
I hope Andrade wins, I have always liked that guy.

As much as I'd like to have a new star in the division in Bute, the idea of Andrade coming back from the Kessler fight and beating a rising superstar is enough to root for him blindly.
Mean Mister Mustard
Bute is really popular in Canada's province of Quebec. If he wins he will solidify his standing as being the 2nd best in the division. I really odn't understand why Mundine is rated 2 but oh well.
salvador
Great fucking crowd!
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(salvador @ Oct 24 2008, 11:49 PM) [snapback]408209[/snapback]
Great fucking crowd!

Boxing is huge in Montreal. Won't be more popular than hockey anytime soon but the people are starting to apprecieate the sweet science.
salvador
I seriously can't believe the size of that crowd for this fight.

Winky couldn't draw this crowd unless he was fighting Tyson. Bute is the money at 168!

Mean Mister Mustard
Bute looks taller.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(salvador @ Oct 24 2008, 11:55 PM) [snapback]408211[/snapback]
I seriously can't believe the size of that crowd for this fight.

Winky couldn't draw this crowd unless he was fighting Tyson. Bute is the money at 168!

Bute can draw in Montreal. Whether he can in the U.S is doubtful. But because of his power, skill and age I can definelty see HBO licking his nuts.
Mean Mister Mustard
Cotto could learn from watching Bute. When fighting a pressure fighter keep the fight in the center of the ring. When on the ropes, clinch.
salvador
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Oct 25 2008, 12:00 AM) [snapback]408213[/snapback]
Bute can draw in Montreal. Whether he can in the U.S is doubtful. But because of his power, skill and age I can definelty see HBO licking his nuts.

There's no chance he could draw that crowd in the USA.

He's a hometown creation.

pastor method
"He's a hometown creation."

i wish my hometown could 'create' me to a knockout win over alejandro berrio.

but you're right that he couldn't draw a big crowd in the states, certainly nowhere near the size he draws in quebec. but your choice of words was completely off.
Mean Mister Mustard
Andrade seems to have found something in that round. He's starting to apply good effective pressure.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(pastor method @ Oct 25 2008, 12:10 AM) [snapback]408216[/snapback]
"He's a hometown creation."

i wish my hometown could 'create' me to a knockout win over alejandro berrio.

but you're right that he couldn't draw a big crowd in the states, certainly nowhere near the size he draws in quebec. but your choice of words was completely off.

I don't hink he meant "creation" as in fraud.
Mean Mister Mustard
Andrade doing very well now, applying effective pressure and he seems to be going more to the body. His defense seems to be better too.
The CEO
This is my first time watching a full Bute fight....no wonder his name rhymes with another word for ass.....not impressed....he's been clinching in the middle of the ring like a bitch too....
salvador
Bute's got a crowd because he's earned it over time - he's not a fraud, but he is untested. He's a good fighter and he's fast, but he needs to work on his footwork and his lateral movement.

I'd take Taylor, Winky, and Kessler over him.
The CEO
Yeah....even the B, B+ Kessler could take this Bootay out....
Mean Mister Mustard
Andrade's doing well but Bute is more skilled and is landing the cleaner shots.
JD
Kessler would viciously knock Bute out.
Mean Mister Mustard
I think this fight is more competitive than the Kessler one. The commentators are riding Bute's nuts.
Mean Mister Mustard
Ref is warning Andrade too much.
The CEO
Fuckin' hometown ref....calling that push a KD and then getting all over Andrade for holding when Bootay was the one locking Andrade's arm down...

I wouldn't even be impressed if Bootay knocks Andrade into a Simon Brown impression....don't like him....
Mean Mister Mustard
God the ref sucks.
JD
That was FUCKING GARBAGE!

Fuck Bute and fuck that filthy paid off ref.

Fuck them both, I am disgusted. What was that, a 25 count?
BigG
Disgraceful ref.

BOOTAY!!!
The CEO
FUCKING BULLSHIT!!!!!

THIS REF DESERVES TO BE SHOT!!!!!
Mean Mister Mustard
Well to be fair to Bute, the ref had nothing to do with him winning most of the rounds but man that ref fucked up. Big time.
The CEO
I swear to God....everyone who hasn't seen this fight....make it a point to watch round 12 of this.....the fucking CORRUPTION!!
JD
Fuck him anyway.

That was so fucking flagrant.
The CEO
Bootay was out on his feet the last half of the God Damn 12th.....that ref blatantly SAVED HIS ASS!!

I feel so bad for Andrade....how am I supposed to sleep after this shit....FUCK!
kidbazooka1
That sh*t was disgraceful.
salvador
Wow.

What a piece of shit that ref is.

Mean Mister Mustard
Ref is lucky Andrade is a class act and not a James Butle or he'd be getting his jaw wired right now.
JD
I am disgusted.

I guess Lucian Bute has his own Mickey Vann.

Fuck him and fuck this fight.
BigG
What's with all the BOOTAY hype before the fight? Kessler and Jermain Taylor would son his ass.
salvador

That might be the most evil thing I've ever seen in boxing.
dbdbdb
THAT WAS A TOTAL DISGRACE AND OUTRAGEOUS ROBBERY BY THE REF!!!!

Bute was OUT on his feet!!!!! and the ref deliberately STOPPED the count.

TOTALLY DISGRACEFUL!!!!!! dntknw.gif

Andrade WON that fight.
Mean Mister Mustard
Bute is skilled and he will beat a lot of fighters. Andrade though, deserves the rematch and if he goes to the body this time, no way Bute makes it to the end.
salvador
Marlon B. Wright

Piece of shit
dbdbdb
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Oct 25 2008, 12:57 AM) [snapback]408243[/snapback]
Bute is skilled and he will beat a lot of fighters. Andrade though, deserves the rematch and if he goes to the body this time, no way Bute makes it to the end.

Andrade was killing Bute on the inside ........ that's where the fight is for him. Bute should give him a rematch - he deserves it - he earned it - whether he gets it or not will tell us alot about Bute.

If Bute has the BALLS to fight him again - He will lose that belt ............ NO DOUBT.
Mean Mister Mustard
Well ref admitted Bute would have been stopped.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Oct 25 2008, 01:02 AM) [snapback]408245[/snapback]
Andrade was killing Bute on the inside ........ that's where the fight is for him. Bute should give him a rematch - he deserves it - he earned it - whether he gets it or not will tell us alot about Bute.

If Bute has the BALLS to fight him again - He will lose that belt ............ NO DOUBT.

I very much doubt they will give Andrade a rematch. Bute makes big bucks in Montreal and no way does INTERBOX lose their cash cow.
salvador
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Oct 25 2008, 01:02 AM) [snapback]408246[/snapback]
Well ref admitted Bute would have been stopped.

Too bad he didn't admit he was paid off.

Marlon B. Wright
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(salvador @ Oct 25 2008, 01:03 AM) [snapback]408248[/snapback]
Too bad he didn't admit he was paid off.

Marlon B. Wright

Plus he kept warning Andrade. I don't mind Bute's type of clinching it wasn't ala Ruiz but if you're going to let a guy clinch at least let the guy ( Andrade) get out of it on his own.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Wow, what a fuckin finish to that fight. Credit to Andrade for never giving up, and giving his all to the very end. That ref made a terrible call in there, and this wouldn't be a controversy if he would of handled it properly. Bute was up after about 7 seconds, so he did beat the count, if there was one at that point. It was terribly handled by the ref, and he should be punished with how he handled the fight. That was a BS knockdown call on Andrade, and Andrade was getting warned all fuckin night, even when Bute was trying to grab Andrade's leg at one point. Tough night for the ref.

However, Bute did dominate most of the fight. It was more competitive than the Kessler fight, but Andrade only won the 5th round, other than the 12th. I had it 117-109 for Bute. He showed some great skills in there, and some great boxing ability. He's got nice speed, but needs to work on that conditioning. He became a little rattled in the 5th and 6th rounds, but picked up nicely in rounds 7-11. I would love to see a rematch, but would have to pick Bute in a rematch as well. Just gotta feel for Andrade though because if he has 30 more seconds he wins that fight. Tough luck for him, but people will still want to watch him fight. Maybe he can look for a fight with Carl Froch and Jean Pascal. I dont know if Bute would take a rematch after that 12th round.
dbdbdb
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Oct 25 2008, 01:03 AM) [snapback]408247[/snapback]
I very much doubt they will give Andrade a rematch. Bute makes big bucks in Montreal and no way does INTERBOX lose their cash cow.

SOO TRUE!!! Triple M

And that's BULLSH*T ........ Because clearly the Ref is and was on the payroll as well.
The CEO
People are gonna say he beat the count regardless.....but they don't understand the God Damn rules of Boxing....the ropes held that peanut headed joke more times than I could count!...it should have been stopped!.....and if they wanna justify it not being stopped....if the 3 KD or Standing 8 rules were in effect, it should have been like a 10-5 round!...

I don't know what else to say....this fight fucked me up....almost as bad as Tszyu-Hatton.....

RayFanofRealBoxers
This is the biggest robbery I have ever seen. The announcers are shocked. This is unbelievable. I'm really surprised that someone did not jump in there to question the referee's call to sit there and yell at Andrade instead of counting Bute out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.