Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kessler KO's Haussler in 3
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
Kessler looked pretty good. Haussler was a stiff and was shorter so Kessler lit him up with jabs. He outboxed Haussler and knocked him out with a jab it seemed...He threw a combo and finished it up with the jab witch made Haussler fall flat on his back and he didnt beat the count.
Nay_Sayer
168 is a wasteland. Arum should move Pavlik there...
Method
Who the fuck is Haussler?
moscow bear
QUOTE(Method @ Oct 26 2008, 03:46 AM) [snapback]408333[/snapback]
Who the fuck is Haussler?

a perennial euro-level contender... he actually fought in the us once (and lost to some bum I think). He had never been stopped before, and he fought decent punchers (Rudy Markussen, Mads Larsen....yes Danes are his curse).
BigG
Haussler is a stiff from Europe...

I noticed the defense problems too Fitz. Kessler is not as quick in his feet and he's not elusive and has his defensive flaws. He's not ready for the elite YET.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Oct 26 2008, 09:08 AM) [snapback]408343[/snapback]

I noticed the defense problems too Fitz. Kessler is not as quick in his feet and he's not elusive and has his defensive flaws. He's not ready for the elite YET.

Isn't he the elite at 168? I admit that at first glance Kessler seems robotic and he is. But he's not as mechanical as he seems. Just look at his outboxing Andrade compared to what Bute did.
moscow bear
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Oct 26 2008, 02:08 PM) [snapback]408343[/snapback]

what is elite then? you saying he cant take Taylor?
D-MARV
Taylor-Kessler could be a very good fight!
moscow bear
QUOTE(Fitz @ Oct 26 2008, 07:57 PM) [snapback]408363[/snapback]
Well he isn't a defensive genius, but I think he is ready for the elite. He may not beat all of the top guys but will beat some. He already gave Calazghe a good and tough fight.
He is there to be hit, but he isn't a bad all round fighter. I have liked Kessler for a while.

he fought Calzaghe with an injured right hand. Kessler is similar to Pavlik, actually better in some respects. I see him beating Taylor.
Maxy
I'd pick Kessler to beat Taylor and Pavlik. He's not a great fighter but he's certainly amongst the elite of the 168 division.

BigG
When I said I elite I meant the P4Pers....Hopkins, Calzaghe, Dawson....he might beat Taylor but Taylor is a pretty damn good fighter who could look good vs. Kessler's somewhat robotic style. And of course he is elite in HIS division. Only Taylor can give him a good fight (and Winky too but I'm not sure where he is right now). Kessler can beat Bootay and all the others.
BigG
Fitz, I know you think Kessler's the shit because he beat Mundine, and for some reason you've also thought highly of Mundine..laugh.gif

Hopkins shook up Calzgahe and dropped him and almost dropped him again in round 7. He held his own against Calzgahe but faded so badly and was hurt by body shots. But he held his own the first 7 rounds. I have the Kessler-Calzaghe fight but I really don't remember my scoring. I believe I had it 4-2 Kessler after 6 then Calzgahe swept the last 5/6 or 6/6
Blayde
I have to admit Kessler doesnt look that impressive to me when I see him fighting guys like Haussler or Sartison who just arent close to their level. Kessler clearly beats them with ease, but he doesnt look special. You wouldnt think he could keep his distance against Andrade as great as he did in that fight, but he could. You wouldnt think he could handle Mundines speed that great, but he could. You wouldnt think he could get off against Calzaghes agility and defense, but he could. Right now Kessler is definitely the number 1 at 168 for me. Based on both his resume and how he would look against the other top fighters.

I think he would clearly beat Pavlik and Id also pick him against Taylor, although Taylor is always dangerous with his handspeed and power behind his combinations. But just like when Taylor fights Pavlik, I think he doesnt catch Kessler perfectly, he loses a decision or even gets stopped late. Although Bute pretty much got KOd against Andrade, I think he would be a very difficult fight for Kessler also, but because Kessler was so competitive against Calzaghe, I think hed be able to land some more shots than Bute. Froch and Lacy always have that punchers chance, Inkin isnt anything special and probably wont fight any other top guy anyway and of course Ward and Dirrell are on their way up, also Abraham might join 168 in the future. Im excited about the division.
JaRaNDa
Kessler isn't a top10 p4p but he is the man at 168 and would pick him over most in his division!
I don't think Kessler gets too much appriciation from many which is a shame because I think he is quite a good fighter! Yes he lacks a little in the defense department, but not every boxer has to have Mayweather/Hopkins defense, he is not exactly a human punching bag either!
IMO I think Kessler is much better than Pavlik! They are both heavy punches who come foward, yes! But I think difference is Pavlik only knows how to come foward where as Kessler can also box a little and has a very nice jab on him! I would take Kessler by UD or possibly a late KO!
Thegreatequalizer
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Oct 26 2008, 08:46 PM) [snapback]408390[/snapback]
Fitz, I know you think Kessler's the shit because he beat Mundine, and for some reason you've also thought highly of Mundine..laugh.gif

Hopkins shook up Calzgahe and dropped him and almost dropped him again in round 7. He held his own against Calzgahe but faded so badly and was hurt by body shots. But he held his own the first 7 rounds. I have the Kessler-Calzaghe fight but I really don't remember my scoring. I believe I had it 4-2 Kessler after 6 then Calzgahe swept the last 5/6 or 6/6

hopkins shook calzaghe and dropped him with a headbutt. he gave him the old headbutt-right hook.
The CEO
Word on the street is that Kessler will fight another bum....making it his 3rd in a row.
The CEO
oooooooooooooo....lol

but seriously....you know Miguel Kessler has developed a taste for bums...I can see him feasting on bums in Denmark 'til he's 35....
BigG
That list of opponents tells me that he isn't fighting bums but the divison he's in is NOTHING special.

Calzgahe is obviously an elite top fighter.

Manny Siaca? Mundine? Nothing special. Andrade is okay...Beyer was another protected champion.

Kessler is obviously a level above all those guys but not yet at the level of a BHOP or Calzgahe

And I don't think him beating Pavlik is a sure thing. Please don't compare Kessler's experience and skillset to a legend like BHOP. I think Hopkins hits just as hard and is just as quick handspeed wise but it's easy to tell who the better fighter is between the two. Just cuz Pavlik got dominated (badly) doesn't mean everyone with a decent amount of skill can beat him.
BigG
Fitz, I know your big on Mundine but to me he seems like a POOR MANS Zab Judah.....

He does have talent..but Mundine can't seem to win the big one...and P4P his chin might be wrose..

And don't get me wrong, that's a good thing considering how great Zab is.
haha.gif
The CEO
QUOTE(Fitz @ Oct 27 2008, 09:27 PM) [snapback]408484[/snapback]
I'm pretty sure it's got more to do with him being euro. I'm picking up a certain trend from you, lol.

You know it's not that.....lol....I'll go ahead and tell you what's behind me goin' after him a little....he is overrated by many Calzaghe fans, and I hate Calzaghe....

That being said....how am I being OVERLY critical when I've always said he was a B, B+ fighter and has fought 2 bums in a row after Calzaghe....it's just the truth....

and for the record...I never said Pavlik was an A either....
BigG
Well to Zab's credit, he did win the big one once and won the 3 titles..

I agree Mundine has talent but like you said, hes wasting away his career fighting former 154 pounders like Crazy Kim and fighting Soliman for the 3rd or 4th time. Why not try to fight Bute?

And well Zab did get knocked silly against Tszyu but Money May beat the man who beat the man...and beat Zab.
D-MARV
I dont think Kessler is overrated either! His only loss was to Joe Calzaghe! What is so bad about that!

Kessler-Taylor early 2009
JaRaNDa
I see some people a knocking Mundine lol! His resume could be better but who ever wants to knock this guy for not being a good fighter or his skills..I want to ask how many minutes of footage have you guys seen of him?? have you guys even seen a full fight or 2 of him?? I think Mundine is an extremely good boxer who is a natural..and would also pick him over some top fighters...only if he grew a set of balls!! I have really lost alot of respect for Mundine..he is the biggest waste of talent and has thrown some pretty shit comments and statements which has lead me to think he is a bit of a cockhead!

People think if a boxer is not a top 10-20 fighter or not fighting in America they are automatically shit! I get the impression that many Americans are turned off by European fighters based on bad ref or judging in Europe which has left a bad taste which reflects on the fighters them selves!
Think about all the hundreds and thousands of boxer all around the world who fight! There has to be tons of great fighters who either still coming up, not fighting the best (Mundine is very guilty of this), shit management, or has not fought out of their country!!

Both Kessler/Pavlik are B level fighters (pavlik..possibly B- lol) I think the big difference with Kessler and Pavlik is Kessler is very under appriciated & Pavlik has got to be one of the most overrated fighters in the last 5 years or more!!! How did this guy get soo much respect from the fans and media?? based on what??? seriously..massive hype job!!

For the record I would favour Kessler over Lacy, Taylor, Miranda, Pavlik & Bute!
BigG
I've seen a couple of Mundine fights. His 2nd fight with Soliman, Echols, Green and clips of his fights with Kessler, Manny Siaca, and other fights.

You know, with his cocky personality and talent (yes he does have good talent) he could've been a player at 168. I liked how he look vs. Sam Soliman in their rematch he looked really strong in that fight. But theres onlY SO many times you can keep beating Sam Soliman and he should've stepped up by now. Like I said, he is a poor mans Zab Judah or maybe a poor mans version of todays RJJ..

He could probably give Bute a run for his money...Bute should fight him if he isn't giving Andrade a rematch..

And I personally think Kessler is a level above everyone at SMW right now except for Taylor who I think can give him a good fight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.