Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tarver to use rematch clause...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
King Eugene
As reported on eastsideboxing.com, Tarver is going to enforce his rematch clause to get a shot back at his IBF title against Dawson.

I know how Tarver has been in the past with rematches but this time I dont think it'll be as magical. Give me Dawson by wide UD once again.

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=17623&more=1
Mean Mister Mustard
I can see this one being more competitive but unless Tarver gets in a big shot I can't see him winning. His jab was not even bothering Dawson as he easily dodged and counterd Tarver.
BigG
Dawson is just a bad style for Tarver. Dawson is taller, faster, and stronger at this point. Tarver looked old....he can make it more competitive but that's it. He can't beat a young talent like Dawson...
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Oct 27 2008, 11:24 PM) [snapback]408522[/snapback]
Dawson is just a bad style for Tarver. Dawson is taller, faster, and stronger at this point. Tarver looked old....he can make it more competitive but that's it. He can't beat a young talent like Dawson...

Agree. At this point Tarver is just too slow. Amazing that Johnson was able to give Dawson a tougher fight. If you had asked me back in 2007 who would give him a tougher fight i would have said Tarver.
King Eugene
After the first fight I just dont see Tarver winning this one. You could compare it to Mora and Forrest, but at this point Dawson is truly the better fighter.
dbdbdb
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Oct 27 2008, 11:33 PM) [snapback]408523[/snapback]
Agree. At this point Tarver is just too slow. Amazing that Johnson was able to give Dawson a tougher fight.

Johnson has always gave opponents hell, and Dawson was no different. Johnson is just one of those guys you don't want to get into the ring with, without your A+ game.

Tarver has a good record of rebounding the second time around ... BUT ... I don't see this playing out any differently than the first fight. Tarver will lose again. Sure, Tarver will be a little more aggresive, but while he's doing that, Dawson will have more opportunities to counter the sh*t out of that milk-dud.
Lil-lightsout
Tarver looked flat against Dawson, or maybe it was just Chad looking that spectacular. Regardless, I personally do not need to see this fight again. Get back in line Tarver, give me a rematch with Johnson first.
BigG
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Oct 28 2008, 03:33 AM) [snapback]408523[/snapback]
Agree. At this point Tarver is just too slow. Amazing that Johnson was able to give Dawson a tougher fight. If you had asked me back in 2007 who would give him a tougher fight i would have said Tarver.

And Johnson's relentless pressure physically drained Dawson. Dawson was under constant pressure but that fight actually made me respect Dawson even more. No one is hurting Johnson with 1 shot. He's never been down and you have to go all the way back to 1997 vs. a young Bernard Hopkins to see Johnson get stopped and that 11 rounds of beating. Dawson was getting hit with some mean shots and he was fighting hard until the end (even when hurt). Tarver is a counter-puncher/outside fighter by nature and he will have a hard time against someone taller than him, quicker, more athletic, and as skilled. I think Johnson will always be a tougher fight for Dawson and a tough fight for anyone at 175.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Outside of Dawson's superior legs, movement, speed etc what amazed me most (and others) was how little Tarver had on his punches.

I'm no Tarver fan but I have to give it to the guy, when he sits down on his punches the dude can bang, but in this fight he appeared to have nothing, just arm punches.

I thought Antonio looked really really old in this fight. He's crafty enough that I doubt he takes a beating in the rematch but his time looks gone OR maybe he was poisened!

King Eugene
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Oct 28 2008, 12:41 AM) [snapback]408543[/snapback]
I thought Antonio looked really really old in this fight. He's crafty enough that I doubt he takes a beating in the rematch but his time looks gone OR maybe he was poisened!

Yea thats what I was thinking. LOL
JonnyBlaze
It'll def. be a better fight and I give Tarver mad props for wanting this fight again..When ya think about Tarver and rematches ya have to atleast make this a real close fight..Tarver hasn't been himself in awhile soo I'm not sure but if he can bring the best A Tarver he has a chance to win..Dawson has always been a hard guy to go against but I think Glen Johnson beat him by a point..Styles make fights and Dawson and Tarver are both southpaws..Tarver might have a surprise for Dawson and I think that'd be real dope if he was able to pull off the win then fight B-Hop in a rematch..Tarver has never lost a rematch and I hope he stays like that..It said a lot about Lennox Lewis when he won every rematch to everyone who beat him..There should of been Lennox/Holy 3 cause I think Holy won the second fight but the judges probably felt bad because of how Lennox got robbed in the first fight with the draw decision..
JonnyBlaze
Tarver did look real old in this fight though I gotta say..
ROLL DEEP
I can't see how Tarver can win this.

Everything Tarver does, Dawson does better. Tarver can make it more competitive, I'm sure, but I REEEEEALLY don't see him winning this fight.

He looked old, slow and his timing and distance seemed shot.

Dawson whups that ass again.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(ROLL DEEP @ Oct 28 2008, 10:42 AM) [snapback]408560[/snapback]
I can't see how Tarver can win this.
Everything Tarver does, Dawson does better. Tarver can make it more competitive, I'm sure, but I REEEEEALLY don't see him winning this fight.
He looked old, slow and his timing and distance seemed shot.
Dawson whups that ass again.

I know exactly where you're comin from..I just think Tarver may have 1 or maybe 2 great fights left in him..He knows what he's up against and I think he'll be a lot more prepared now..He did look old,slow,and his timing was off..I think Tarver could bring some tricks to set Dawson off and I think Tarver will come with more ammunition this time..Tarver's body isn't the same as it was years ago..I like the trim,lean Tarver but he was pretty big(muscles) in that fight and wonder how much he weighed on fight night..
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(Fitz @ Oct 28 2008, 04:49 PM) [snapback]408600[/snapback]
Nice, lets hope this time that Dawson lays Tarver out. The type of knockout where there is dead silence and people start wondering, "is this guy going to be ok?"

laugh.gif

And in the silence, you can hear ambulance sirens coming in the background and his girlfriend sobbing.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(Fitz @ Oct 28 2008, 05:49 PM) [snapback]408600[/snapback]
Nice, lets hope this time that Dawson lays Tarver out. The type of knockout where there is dead silence and people start wondering, "is this guy going to be ok?"

LOL damn Fitz you are turning into Stevenski. But I have to admit that comment made me laugh out loud.
D-MARV
I hope Dawson KOs this time!
King Eugene
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Oct 28 2008, 11:39 AM) [snapback]408557[/snapback]
There should of been Lennox/Holy 3 cause I think Holy won the second fight but the judges probably felt bad because of how Lennox got robbed in the first fight with the draw decision..

It never fails....
King Eugene
QUOTE(Fitz @ Oct 28 2008, 05:49 PM) [snapback]408600[/snapback]

LMAO...when I read this I almost fell out my chair laughing.

ROLL DEEP, you had me rolling too.
King Eugene
I hope he get one of those I dont want to do this no mo ass whoppings!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(3King3 @ Oct 28 2008, 09:42 PM) [snapback]408632[/snapback]
It never fails....

hahahahaha..You know it!!
JonnyBlaze
I'd laugh a lot if Tarver was the guy who KO'd Dawson..You guys would look like goons..
Fitz
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Oct 29 2008, 02:12 PM) [snapback]408641[/snapback]
I'd laugh a lot if Tarver was the guy who KO'd Dawson..You guys would look like goons..

Haha, at the moment it still isn't me. I said Tarver and Pavlik are overrated for years, you along with others said they had subtle boxing skills and especially Pavlik, people said he was subtle, had good boxing skills but it didn't look it if you watched him on TV, LOL. At the moment the only goon is Tarver drinks.gif
King Eugene
QUOTE(Fitz @ Oct 28 2008, 11:39 PM) [snapback]408646[/snapback]
Haha, at the moment it still isn't me. I said Tarver and Pavlik are overrated for years, you along with others said they had subtle boxing skills and especially Pavlik, people said he was subtle, had good boxing skills but it didn't look it if you watched him on TV, LOL. At the moment the only goon is Tarver drinks.gif

Tarver look like that ugly ass dude from The Goonies!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(3King3 @ Oct 28 2008, 11:34 PM) [snapback]408663[/snapback]
Tarver look like that ugly ass dude from The Goonies!

hahahahahahaha..SLOTH!!

Pavlik and Tarver both have skill..Tarver has more than Pavlik though..Tarver and Pavlik fought the master,soo don't tell me they have no skills because of losing to Hopkins..Styles make fights and B-Hop was made for Pavlik..Pavlik looked like such shit in that fight..He needs to work on moving in different directions..His punches weren't what they used to be in that Hopkins fight..I throw sharper/tighter shots than Pavlik did in that fight..He looked extra slow too..I weigh 210 lbs now and throw faster punches with 16 ozs. than he did that night..Pavlik didn't do anything he is good at and I think it's cause B-Hop gave him no looks and took all he had away from him or atleast confused him to the point of looking retarded..
Fitz
So should we now say that Allen has skills because he lost to the master? lol. Even Eastman put up a better show than that. So that doesn't mean he is good. It's not because they lost to Hopkins, it's how. He had nothing and brought zero to the table, relies on the same method and didn'thave any other plan. After all, I thought you with others said how great a boxer Pavlik is, how subtle he is and he doesn't look like much on tv, but in the ring he is heaps different. He fought exactly how he looked and it showed. My opinion won't change, from the start I thought he was overrated, and after the other week I feel I was correct. If he was looked at in the same light as Kessler or the B level fighters, I would have been cool with that, but the hype of thins guy.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Fitz @ Oct 29 2008, 04:47 PM) [snapback]408714[/snapback]
So should we now say that Allen has skills because he lost to the master? lol. Even Eastman put up a better show than that. So that doesn't mean he is good. It's not because they lost to Hopkins, it's how. He had nothing and brought zero to the table, relies on the same method and didn'thave any other plan. After all, I thought you with others said how great a boxer Pavlik is, how subtle he is and he doesn't look like much on tv, but in the ring he is heaps different. He fought exactly how he looked and it showed. My opinion won't change, from the start I thought he was overrated, and after the other week I feel I was correct. If he was looked at in the same light as Kessler or the B level fighters, I would have been cool with that, but the hype of thins guy.

Styles make fights..I do agree with you on the point that they obviously had no back up plan..Which made them look real stupid..How you don't come with a few plans when fighting B-Hop is insane..Yet,some guys resort to what they do naturally and not try to switch it up..Yeah,that's not a sign of a complete fighter but they still can be really good..Margarito is a prime example of this..He's had mad success..Yet,if ya put him in with Mayweather he gets completely exposed..Like I said before though,Tarver has more skill than Pavlik anyway..

I like Eastman and think Eastman has skills..
Fitz
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Oct 30 2008, 10:26 AM) [snapback]408727[/snapback]
Tarver has more skill than Pavlik anyway..

You know me, but I will admit Tarver is definitely more skilful than Pavlik.
King Eugene
Tarver suck ass and will be dropped more than once next fight.
blackbelt2003
QUOTE(3King3 @ Oct 30 2008, 03:13 AM) [snapback]408745[/snapback]
Tarver suck ass and will be dropped more than once next fight.

Dawson will get the stoppage next time around. He'll have extra confidence and will go all out to break that Milk Dud open.

Black
D-MARV
Chad by another Wide Decision!
King Eugene
Give me Chad by another wide UD. I dont see a stoppage unless its off output and Tarver not throwing back. But Milk Dud is known for being a one hit wonder so you never know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.