Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mijares vs. Darchinyan: Showtime 8PM CST (Spoilers 8:15)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
For all comments on tonight's world title fight.

Jack

Administrator
KookedKrack
What the fuck just happened in that Dirrel fight?! The ref just stopped it out of fucking no where bs stoppage in my opinion. Im so sick of these fucking refs something has to be done the crowd is booing the fuck out of this bullshit
BigG
Damn Vic had a good first round..dropped Mijares towards the end.

Round 1 10-8 Vic
BigG
Better round for Mijares...he might've taken it...19-18 Vic
Mean Mister Mustard
Vic has faster hands.
BigG
Round 3 couldve gone either way...close round..I'll score it 10-10...29-28 Darchinyan
Mean Mister Mustard
This looks like Mayorga-Forrest II.
BigG
Another close round but I'll give it to Vic...39-37 for Vic
JonnyBlaze
Vic is impressing me a lot..He's a different fighter now..He has tightened up every aspect of his game..He isn't holding the left hand up the whole time waiting to throw it and has obviously worked on his defense..I also like how he is throwing combos more now..Things are lookin real good for him now..I've always liked him based on his determination but he is becoming a more complete fighter than he ever was..Before he was like a Mayorga and now he is something much more..
BigG
Vic throwing alot of combo and landing with some shots occationally...Mijares landed possibly his best combo though at the end of that round...it was close..I give it to Vic...49-46 Vic...
BigG
Vic had a good round...59-55 Vic on my card..Vic is looking good in thisfight compared to others..he's technique is nicer.
JonnyBlaze
Are you guys on laptops or something??I gotta keep comin back to my room in between rounds..I normally don't post during a fight since I focus strictly on it but gonna post a few this time..
BigG
I gave that last to Mijares but that was close...68-65 for Vic
JonnyBlaze
Mijares is going to get KO'd I think..He is for sure going to the hospital after this fight..Hopefully he'll still be awake and not put to sleep..
BigG
Another close round....I'll score it 10-10..78-75 for Vic
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Nov 1 2008, 10:30 PM) [snapback]408969[/snapback]
Mijares is going to get KO'd I think..He is for sure going to the hospital after this fight..Hopefully he'll still be awake and not put to sleep..

Bingo.
BigG
Vic KO's Mijares at 9! Wow, what a great perfromance from Vic
Mean Mister Mustard
Vic looked good. He was defensive, fast and his power was still there. I think a Montiel fight would be more dangerous because Montiel can punch and I think he is faster than Mijares.

The Raging Bull is back.
BigG
Vic gave him an ackward look of course and had fast hands.....Mijares totally lack of pop made it tough for him as well..

Vic proved he was in the top 20 p4p at least...and I don't like Vic
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Nov 1 2008, 09:30 PM) [snapback]408969[/snapback]

I think I'll reply to my own post..Blaze,you were completely right..Mijares did get KO'd and will now be going to the hospital..Good call early on!!
BigG
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Nov 2 2008, 02:38 AM) [snapback]408973[/snapback]
Vic looked good. He was defensive, fast and his power was still there. I think a Montiel fight would be more dangerous because Montiel can punch and I think he is faster than Mijares.

The Raging Bull is back.

I think Montiel is alot more like Donaire than he is Mijares...would be a very tough fight for Vic and I'd pick Montiel.
The CEO
What a great performance.....Darchinyan's got ALLLL the juice now....note I only used 1 "n"....he's got my full respect now.

Mijares underestimated him, felt the power, and decided to use an ineffective rope a dope style....soooo many mistakes on his end....
BigG
But this should tell you how Z Gorres is.....give him a few more years and I think he can reverse that draw against Vic and win..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 1 2008, 09:41 PM) [snapback]408976[/snapback]
I think Montiel is alot more like Donaire than he is Mijares...would be a very tough fight for Vic and I'd pick Montiel.

I think after showing that he worked on a lot of things I think he is ready for a rematch with Donaire or a fight with Montiel..I'd want the Montiel fight more though for him..
BigG
I'd like to also see a rematch between Vic and Donaire...Vic made a statement tonight
BigG
The lower weights are packed! Dont count out Mijares...he'll be back
Fitz
Wow biggeorge, I know you had Vic winning. But I don't know how many times you said "another close round" and you gave Mijares like 3 rounds? I found it hard to give him 1-2 rounds at most and like none of the rounds were close. Mijares got beat big in there, and you are saying "another close round"? Mijares got beat down bad.
I was actually surprised, I really thought Mijares would win a clear decision, but Vic actually beat the shit out of him, punished him and was just landing big shots for the night. Good win by Vic and a fight that surprised me, gained a new appreciation for Darchinyan after tonight.
The CEO
I am VERY impressed with how Vic's came back from that devestating KO loss......Darchinyan's a certified badass right now.
BigG
I don't know dude, I was watching a stream and some of the mid rounds appeared to be close....I'll have to watch a clearer version..there were some skips so I might've missed some punches..and I had to refresh alot....but yeah, admittadely, I gave Mijares the benefit of the doubt in rounds 7 and 8 because I'm a fan of his..lol..some dudes on the stream had a similar score so it could've been the lagging video.
The CEO
As far as the scoring....yeah....Vic was cleaning him AND his clock. I think maybe one round could have gone Cristian's way....
Mean Mister Mustard
Montiel sometimes looks spectacular and unbeatable like he did against Castillo and Hernandez and others he just looks mediocre.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 1 2008, 09:53 PM) [snapback]408981[/snapback]
The lower weights are packed! Dont count out Mijares...he'll be back

Mijares will be back for sure..I just hope he'll be all the way back and not effected by this fight..I really like Mijares but tonight he was completely outclassed..
BigG
I think alot of us myself included unerestimated Vics ring smarts.. Sure he has kind of a weird style like a crab or something but he punches hard and is smart. He looked great.
kidbazooka1
Damn what the f*ck happen to Mijares he should have took this one with ease.

But I give Vic his props he looks like he sharpened up on his technique since the Nonito fight. I think Montiel would be a much tougher fight like BG stated because of the pwoer he carries.
JaRaNDa
WOWW!!!! That was impressive stuff by Vic! Not sure how anyone can give Mijares 3 or more rounds??..You were watching him fight against Vic yeah lol?? Well I have never been a fan of Vic..never liked him that much but this guy deserves some serious props with this victory..asI'm suprised to say I'm shocked and impressed!!
Here I was before the fight thinkin Mijares would win by wide comfortable dec..and Darchinyan comes out and not only takes all rounds..but gives him a beating AND KO's him!! I can't remember when I was soo wrong about a fight!!!
Darchinyan for a limited fighter has shown some serious improvement, he is more patient, used more movement and still maintains his vicious offense and determination when needed!! If he can maintain his improvements he will be a danger to all in his division..with a style and power like that he always will be!
For someone who unfortunetly has "KO of the Year' against him he certainly has bounced back and has shown no signs of discouragement in his style or approach in the ring..BIG PROBS VIC!!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 1 2008, 10:04 PM) [snapback]408991[/snapback]
I think alot of us myself included unerestimated Vics ring smarts.. Sure he has kind of a weird style like a crab or something but he punches hard and is smart. He looked great.

I don't think it was underestimating his ring smarts..I've seen all his fights and he is just a different fighter now..Like I said,a lot more complete than before..His defense sucked before and he was blocking just about everything Mijares had..Mijares did have his moments and I think Vic just forgot about the defense since he never used it before..Also,Vic didn't telegraph his straight left as much either and actually used his old habit(holding the left elbow up) as a good way to fake out Mijares and actually landed some real good body shots after faking him out..I could keep going on about improvements but I actually gotta head out now..
BigG
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Nov 2 2008, 02:57 AM) [snapback]408987[/snapback]
Montiel sometimes looks spectacular and unbeatable like he did against Castillo and Hernandez and others he just looks mediocre.

This is true...but recently he's looked spectacular. Recently he KO'd Maldonado in 3 (3 knockdowns) a guy who went 8 with both Darch and Donaire...Montiel hurt him really bad with every punch basically.
kidbazooka1
Mijares problem was that he didn't have the power to get Vic's respect Montiel will.
The CEO
I'm watching the replay now...man...Vic sauntered into enemy territory and knocked out their hero....Mijares might not be the same after this....
JD
Great performance by Darchinyan.

He should stay away from Vazquez if he is serious about fighting him. Israel would knock him out.
Imperius3
Unexpected! Darchinyan threw it down tonight.
Lil-lightsout
At most I gave Mijares 1 round, most unimpressed with his effort tonight. Thought he could have done much better. Not taking anything away from Vic, cause Vic looked awesome in there. He loads up a little too much in there, but I guess it's hard when he knows he has tremendous power. Just wish it would have been more competetive. Good job Vic.
Jack 1000
QUOTE(KookedKrack @ Nov 1 2008, 08:52 PM) [snapback]408956[/snapback]
What the fuck just happened in that Dirrel fight?! The ref just stopped it out of fucking no where bs stoppage in my opinion. Im so sick of these fucking refs something has to be done the crowd is booing the fuck out of this bullshit

I agree. I did give his opponent only 1 round with that crazy fall to the canvas that wasn't called as a slip or KD. That was strange. The stoppage was really bizarre.

Jack
Jack 1000
I also only gave Mijares 1 round. Same as the judges.

Jack
AussieLad
I was tipping mijares, pretty much like everyone else , and now i'm eating my words

But i think its funny old Kidbazooka and BigGeorge will always pick against Darchinyan, no matter who he fights..l LOL.

Z Gorres got beaten, and vic got robbed in that one

When you look at Vics ammateur career, he always had the boxing talent, but the head hunting power basically caused him to abandon his technique in the pro's. Training under fenech certainly didnt help his cause either. This is not an old dog learning new tricks, this is a guy dusting off some old skillsets that he hasnt used in years.

Shame, this sort of makes the Arce fight redundant now. Vic would kill him

Bring on Montiel, just so we can see Georgie Porgie and Bazooka joe scramble to find someone else who would definitely whip the vic...
BigG
Donaire...left hook...queer street
BigG
I just watched the whole fight and I had it 79-72 a wide lead for Vic at the time of the KO..
Douchebag
Damn, I should have put some money up on this one. Notice that I'm the only one that called this fight on the main page. I know that before the fight everybody was like WTF on my prediction. But there's a method to the madness my friends. LOL
JonnyBlaze
Forgot to add this but I def. agree with most of you who said they only could give Mijares 1 round..He was being outworked and shut down for the whole fight..He had major problems getting off his punches..
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(AussieLad @ Nov 2 2008, 04:43 AM) [snapback]409021[/snapback]
I was tipping mijares, pretty much like everyone else , and now i'm eating my words

But i think its funny old Kidbazooka and BigGeorge will always pick against Darchinyan, no matter who he fights..l LOL.

Z Gorres got beaten, and vic got robbed in that one

When you look at Vics ammateur career, he always had the boxing talent, but the head hunting power basically caused him to abandon his technique in the pro's. Training under fenech certainly didnt help his cause either. This is not an old dog learning new tricks, this is a guy dusting off some old skillsets that he hasnt used in years.

Shame, this sort of makes the Arce fight redundant now. Vic would kill him

Bring on Montiel, just so we can see Georgie Porgie and Bazooka joe scramble to find someone else who would definitely whip the vic...

It's true Aussie that I will always pick agianst Vic I just can't stand his no respect attitude towards fighters even when he has clearly been destroyed. But I did give him his props for last nights perfromance he shocked the world but Mijares just looked like he was never there mentaly.

But yeah I think Montiel's superior boxing ability and power(the one thing Mijares didn't have) would whip Vic ala Nonito style. LOL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.