Full Version: BARACK OBAMA
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
D-MARV
HE DID IT!!!!!

CHANGE IS HERE drinks.gif drinks.gif drinks.gif

OBAMA 2008
ROLL DEEP
Are we taking bets on when he's going to get assasinated?
Spyder
Naw, but we should take bets on how long it takes for the media to stop sucking his dick! laugh.gif
Snoop
QUOTE(ROLL DEEP @ Nov 5 2008, 10:44 AM) [snapback]409394[/snapback]

laugh.gif that's fucked up bro. I was literally holding my breath during his acceptance speech last night, especially at the end.
D-MARV
QUOTE(ROLL DEEP @ Nov 5 2008, 05:44 AM) [snapback]409394[/snapback]

Thats not cool... Let's stay away from that topic!
ROLL DEEP
I'm just saying......I bet there are a load of people polishing their pistols now.

Obviously I don't agree, but it is a serious danger to him.

They already foiled two people who were plotting....and that was before he got elected!

Anyway, can anyone give me a BRIEF overview of what Obamas policies are?
Spyder
QUOTE(ROLL DEEP @ Nov 5 2008, 11:44 AM) [snapback]409418[/snapback]

Have you read anything written by Karl Marx?
gods son
where bg at?
Wasn't he a pro-Republican?

ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(Spyder @ Nov 5 2008, 12:45 PM) [snapback]409425[/snapback]
Have you read anything written by Karl Marx?

Nope....who's he?

Just wondering what Obamas policies are......as it will end up effecting us in England.
Spyder
QUOTE(ROLL DEEP @ Nov 5 2008, 03:17 PM) [snapback]409442[/snapback]
Nope....who's he?
Just wondering what Obamas policies are......as it will end up effecting us in England.

Karl Marx is the guy that invented communism...“The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles”.

Obama wants to raise taxes for the rich and give tax breaks to the poor...all with the hope of spreading the wealth, thus creating a classless society.

I can't wait for the government to tell me what to do! thumbsup_anim.gif
scottmason1
QUOTE(ROLL DEEP @ Nov 5 2008, 12:44 PM) [snapback]409418[/snapback]
I'm just saying......I bet there are a load of people polishing their pistols now.
Obviously I don't agree, but it is a serious danger to him.
They already foiled two people who were plotting....and that was before he got elected!

I guess anything is possible, but you gotta figure, if Bush made it through eight years without getting assassinated (and Lord knows plenty of people probably came up with plans that we never heard about), then it's probably gonna be pretty tough to get anywhere close enough to him to be able to try anything like that.

-SM
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(ROLL DEEP @ Nov 5 2008, 04:44 PM) [snapback]409418[/snapback]

Damarvelous1 is polishing his right now surrounded by laminated pictures of Obama. He does not want to soil any pic does he.
STEVENSKI
He would add Obama's image to his Arthur Ashe shrine.
Douchebag
Remember when I said he had this shit in the bag and people came up with every excuse as to why he wouldn't win......................................

crickets........crickets
rusty_trombone
I hope somehow he gives Palin a position in his cabinet. Like "Cabinet Jester", I'm gonna miss that funny girl. I'm also gonna miss dubya, because if a ship was going down I would definitely want him on board. He wouldn't help the ship not get sunk, but he would sure make it an amusing time.
D-MARV
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Nov 5 2008, 04:50 PM) [snapback]409455[/snapback]
Damarvelous1 is polishing his right now surrounded by laminated pictures of Obama. He does not want to soil any pic does he.

Im not a violent man... I actually have a little respect for Bush! anybody as "DUMB" as he is that can hustle his way to office is a slick MoFo'
Spyder
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Nov 5 2008, 06:20 PM) [snapback]409471[/snapback]
Remember when I said he had this shit in the bag and people came up with every excuse as to why he wouldn't win......................................
crickets........crickets

It wasn't "in the bag" when you said it...

But, now that it's happened...

REPARATIONS FOR EVERYONE!!!!

thumbsup_anim.gif

(except for the successful, of course)
Douchebag
QUOTE(Spyder @ Nov 5 2008, 07:06 PM) [snapback]409492[/snapback]
It wasn't "in the bag" when you said it...

But, now that it's happened...

REPARATIONS FOR EVERYONE!!!!

thumbsup_anim.gif

(except for the successful, of course)

Semantics.................That the race was decided when he beat Bilary. Anybody that believes otherwise is just in denial as far as I'm concerned.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Nov 5 2008, 06:27 PM) [snapback]409477[/snapback]
Im not a violent man... I actually have a little respect for Bush! anybody as "DUMB" as he is that can hustle his way to office is a slick MoFo'

uh, it's not really that impressive considering his family has been in the government for almost a century. It would have been pathetic for him not to attain office considering the "pedigree" that he is from. Just like the Kennedy's, it's tough for them not to get office, even if they are a drunken chronic fornicators. If Chelsea Clinton ever ran for anything she would have her ticket punched too, i'm not sure about the bush kids though. Their dad might have done tarnished the family name. Shit, most of our government is legacy.
STEVENSKI
I hear that Obama is a 5th columist who is a radical muslim under his cloak of respectability. Is there any truth to this? I also heard he drinks virgins blood to stay young & regain vitality after a hard day robbing the rich.
King Eugene
Ignorance!

Obama is a Christian. Its funny how people where trying to find so many negative things about him. First it was Muslim, then they tried to take his credibility cause some White Rev. at Obama's BAPTIST church was making so called racial remarks.

Anyway his father is Kenyan decent and his mother is from the Phillipines.

Black...no he isn't but in America they are categorized in 4 areas. Either your Black, White, Hispanic, or Asian. LMAO. We take him just like we take Tiger Woods.
BGv2.0
Somebody mentioned BG being a Republican.....I hope to hell you meant Biggergeorge!

Because I sure as hell am not one.

Though I'm not a Dem either.....

I remember a few months back some of us were discussing the election and somebody mentioned the possibility of assassination attempts. At that time....I blew it off and said....NO WAY....we are way beyond that.

Since that time I have joined a website in my county that is 99% HARDCORE, Palin erection owning, Conservative Republicans.....being somewhere in the middle....my honest opinions are not appreciated to say the least. lol

BUT....voting for this man...and being a part of a historic election and seeing so many Black Americans so happy and emotional for such a HUGE milestone.....made me feel "American" and full of pride for the first time and MANY MANY years! For sure since 9/11.

However, during his speech....my mind flashed back to some of the venom laced BULLSHIT I have had to combat on that other site....total crap from terrorist to Communist to the FUCKING ANTI-CHRIST!!!!! SERIOUSLY I CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP!

I think the possibility is very high that some NRA member, Black hating, cousin fucker is going to try to save us all and try some stupid shit!

One of the arguments on that site the day before the election was that blacks would riot either way the vote went.....more BS fear mongering!!! Low and behold....no riots.

But I can say 100% that if some crazy shit like that happens I think you would see some serious violent shit go down..and rightfully so!.....and I'm not talking blacks against whites.....no, no....this shit would be Red against Blues.....

That is some scary shit when you think about it.....
D-MARV
As much as I even hate to think about the possibilites... If anything ever happen to Barack there would be major riots all ove the U.S. We will be set back 40 years! MLK all over again.
Spyder
I think his policies will get him shot, well before the color of his skin will.

This counrty, historically, doesn't take to kindly to an overbearing government...
blackbelt2003
QUOTE(ROLL DEEP @ Nov 5 2008, 08:17 PM) [snapback]409442[/snapback]
Nope....who's he?

Tsk, tsk, little brother. I'll lend you some books!

I'm all for Obama, he seems like a decent enough guy and everything, but it seems to me that his effervescent character and (whisper it) his skin colour has got him where he is.

Not being American, I've followed the election from the sidelines, but I read that 95% of black voters voted for him, including virtually ALL the first time voters!

Now doesn't that smack a little of racism? Why would you refuse to vote for years, and then jump on the bandwagon the moment a black guy comes along?

I'm sure many voted for him based on his skin colour and personality rather than his policies, and that worries me. It was almost like 'get whitey out' rather than anything else. Or have I got the wrong end of the stick, bearing in mind McCain wasn't a good alternative and, excuse the cliche, change is needed?

Having said that, congratulations on such a fantastic election. I wish the candidates for prime minister over here were as exciting.

Black
Douchebag
QUOTE(blackbelt2003 @ Nov 6 2008, 12:11 PM) [snapback]409600[/snapback]
Tsk, tsk, little brother. I'll lend you some books!
I'm all for Obama, he seems like a decent enough guy and everything, but it seems to me that his effervescent character and (whisper it) his skin colour has got him where he is.

Not being American, I've followed the election from the sidelines, but I read that 95% of black voters voted for him, including virtually ALL the first time voters!
Now doesn't that smack a little of racism? Why would you refuse to vote for years, and then jump on the bandwagon the moment a black guy comes along?
I'm sure many voted for him based on his skin colour and personality rather than his policies, and that worries me. It was almost like 'get whitey out' rather than anything else. Or have I got the wrong end of the stick, bearing in mind McCain wasn't a good alternative and, excuse the cliche, change is needed?
Having said that, congratulations on such a fantastic election. I wish the candidates for prime minister over here were as exciting.
Black

When Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton both ran for president neither got the support from the black community, or hispanics or women that Obama got. Ask yourself why when both of these guys are the opitome of asking for handouts for the black community. Sorry Black, but your arguement doesn't hold any water. Blacks don't have the power in this country to get anybody elected on there own. They just don't have the numbers to back up your assertion.
Spyder
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Nov 6 2008, 12:56 PM) [snapback]409605[/snapback]
When Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton both ran for president neither got the support from the black community, or hispanics or women that Obama got. Ask yourself why when both of these guys are the opitome of asking for handouts for the black community. Sorry Black, but your arguement doesn't hold any water. Blacks don't have the power in this country to get anybody elected on there own. They just don't have the numbers to back up your assertion.

Neither Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton had the fiscal support behind them that Obama got...not to mention that they didn't have the DNC nomination either.

But I'd agree with both Conscience and Black. His skin color DID get him votes that wouldn't have been cast otherwise, but that wasn't the deciding factor. The $605 million, the support from the media and Hollywood, and McCain's weak campaign is what got him elected.
salvador
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Nov 5 2008, 07:27 PM) [snapback]409477[/snapback]

Anybody with ZERO major league sports experience who can buy 10% of a pro baseball team for $650K is a fucking genius. Not to mention the fact that he was able to convince all those freaky bible beaters that he was one of THEM.

Bush is a lot of things: corrupt, cynical, egotistical, elitist, condescending, ect., but DUMB ain't one of them.
salvador
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Nov 6 2008, 07:04 AM) [snapback]409579[/snapback]
As much as I even hate to think about the possibilites... If anything ever happen to Barack there would be major riots all ove the U.S. We will be set back 40 years! MLK all over again.

One of the networks (I think CNN) had a piece on his protection that was really interesting. Apparently the secret service has been terrified ever since he started drawing those huge crowds and as a consequence, his level of protection has been unprecedecented for a candidate. They've basically been protecting him like he was a president for the past year.
Snoop
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Nov 6 2008, 05:56 PM) [snapback]409605[/snapback]

I agree that blacks do not hold the power in the US. They represent about 12% of the country's demographic. Perhaps Obama's skin color did play into appealing to people of color in the US as every other president in US history has been an old, white, rich man. However, I honestly believe the aura that was created around him, this whole movement of "change" was what got him elected. Remember that Obama didn't start to gain popular support til we had the financial crisis and his policies, at least the way he articulated them, were more appealing to the middle working class, which is the majority of the country.

The thing that is going to be rough for Obama is that he got people so enchanted into this concept of "change" of "hope" and the US public is impatient as fuck. We're going to be expecting changes within the next few months, but the truth of the matter is that the administration for the last 8 years has fucked this country up so fucking bad, and has another 2 months to do even more, that this change will probably not come in his four years, even eight should he be elected again. And people will blame Obama for not coming through on his promises but in reality, the US has such a long, ingrained history of racism, expoitation, and classist segregation and there really is just not enough time to reverse all these things as people hope.

In regards to his possible assassination, I truly do believe the motivating factor will be race because we still have those ignorant fucks that will ignore words and reason and just see a black man in charge and not be able to handle it. HOWEVER, there will have to be some inside conspiracy to allow something like that to happen and the higher powers will allow that to happen based on his very liberal policies. They will basically have a fall-guy for corporate America, so a little of both IMO.
salvador
Regarding Obama's policies:

the truth is that it doesn't matter who the next president is because our country will look very different by Jan 20. The banks are way way past bankrupt. Coca Cola Bottling just had to pay almost 5% over treasuries to borrow money. If a serious company like that is having to pay through the nose it means that most other companies won't be able to get any money for a long while. Look for the unemployment rate to hit 10% in the next 6 months. Obama's only mission is going to be to keep this country afloat and, most importantly, make sure the world still considers the dollar as the world's reserve currency. There's no way, even with a democratic congress, that he's going to be able to spend the way he's been talking. Just no way.

A good rule of thumb would be to remember that when governments panic, then it's a good idea for you to panic. We are on the verge of a meltdown like none of us have ever seen before.

I actually feel sorry for Obama.
Spyder
Nancy Pelosi is already trying to spend more money with the fucking auto makers...$25 billion more!

Her liberalism cannot control itself, and neither will Obama's once these bills start showing up on his desk.
salvador
QUOTE(Spyder @ Nov 6 2008, 04:18 PM) [snapback]409635[/snapback]
Nancy Pelosi is already trying to spend more money with the fucking auto makers...$25 billion more!

Her liberalism cannot control itself, and neither will Obama's once these bills start showing up on his desk.

I tend to think that he'll be more of a centrist than Pelosi (though the autos will get the money even though GM alone has lost $50BN in the last 4 years) when it comes to spending.

The truth is that he needs to let the banks go under, impose a $2 per gallon tax on gas, eliminate Bush's perscription drug benefit fiasco, means test social security, cap medicare spending at $300k per citizen, cut our military spending by 40% (we'll still be spending twice as much as anyone else in the world), and raise taxes on everyone making $50k per year and up. Anything short of that will guarantee that USA will become another failed superpower just like every major country in Europe.

We really are so screwed.
D-MARV
QUOTE(salvador @ Nov 6 2008, 01:50 PM) [snapback]409616[/snapback]
Anybody with ZERO major league sports experience who can buy 10% of a pro baseball team for $650K is a fucking genius. Not to mention the fact that he was able to convince all those freaky bible beaters that he was one of THEM.

Bush is a lot of things: corrupt, cynical, egotistical, elitist, condescending, ect., but DUMB ain't one of them.

Bush may be a Hustler... but when it came to running this country he was horrible.
salvador
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Nov 6 2008, 05:31 PM) [snapback]409650[/snapback]
Bush may be a Hustler... but when it came to running this country he was horrible.

the very worst
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Spyder @ Nov 6 2008, 10:01 AM) [snapback]409590[/snapback]
This counrty, historically, doesn't take to kindly to an overbearing government...

sure it does, it just depends on what "overbearing" side you're on.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(salvador @ Nov 6 2008, 04:13 PM) [snapback]409647[/snapback]
cut our military spending by 40% (we'll still be spending twice as much as anyone else in the world),

that is never going to happen, even though the most waste and glut is spent there.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Spyder @ Nov 5 2008, 04:50 PM) [snapback]409447[/snapback]
Karl Marx is the guy that invented communism...“The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles”.

Obama wants to raise taxes for the rich and give tax breaks to the poor...all with the hope of spreading the wealth, thus creating a classless society.

I can't wait for the government to tell me what to do! thumbsup_anim.gif

Karl Marx didn't invent communism..That's bogus..I'm a sociology major and have read a shit load of Marx stuff,he didn't invent that shit..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(3King3 @ Nov 6 2008, 12:08 AM) [snapback]409560[/snapback]
Obama is a Christian. Its funny how people where trying to find so many negative things about him. First it was Muslim, then they tried to take his credibility cause some White Rev. at Obama's BAPTIST church was making so called racial remarks.

Rev. Wright isn't white,he's black..

Rev. Wright pic

I hope Obama has a good reign as president and I'm happy for him..He is reppin the Chi in the white house!!
Spyder
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Nov 6 2008, 09:21 PM) [snapback]409698[/snapback]
Karl Marx didn't invent communism..That's bogus..I'm a sociology major and have read a shit load of Marx stuff,he didn't invent that shit..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Communist_Manifesto
BGv2.0
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Nov 6 2008, 10:21 PM) [snapback]409698[/snapback]

Well...Marx was influenced by someone else with the general idea....he just took it and added to it....so in that sense, yes he is not the sole creator of Communism. HOWEVER....generally speaking he is considered the "Father of Communism".
Spyder
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Nov 7 2008, 12:42 AM) [snapback]409715[/snapback]
Well...Marx was influenced by someone else with the general idea....he just took it and added to it....so in that sense, yes he is not the sole creator of Communism. HOWEVER....generally speaking he is considered the "Father of Communism".

He's like the old dude in the Matrix!

laugh.gif
salvador
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Nov 6 2008, 10:21 PM) [snapback]409698[/snapback]

I think that the idea originally came from "Utopia" by Sir Thomas Moore back in the 1500s, but Marx was the first mainstream philosopher advocating a communist economic system.

ROLL DEEP
Can't we just post pictures of tits and ass?
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Spyder @ Nov 7 2008, 12:44 AM) [snapback]409711[/snapback]

I've read that already..He talked about it but didn't invent it..
Spyder
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Nov 7 2008, 12:59 PM) [snapback]409752[/snapback]
I've read that already..He talked about it but didn't invent it..

Talked about it???

He wrote the document that laid out exactly how to abolish private property and live in a classless society... dntknw.gif
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Spyder @ Nov 7 2008, 03:26 PM) [snapback]409761[/snapback]
Talked about it???

You know what I mean..He wrote about it so he obviously talked about it..
scottmason1
QUOTE(salvador @ Nov 6 2008, 02:50 PM) [snapback]409616[/snapback]

I tend to agree with you, Salvador. He's certainly no genius in any sense of the word, but he is much more shrewd and aware than people realize.

People forget who he learned from.....who his mentor was. He learned at the foot of the man who was the master of modern Machiavelian politics, Lee Atwater. Atwater taught Dubya that truth is irrelevant......all that really matters is perception. When it comes to politics, perception is reality.

George W Bush is from an elite family that had its major roots in the Northeast (Dubya's dad was raised in CT).......yet Dubya was able to brand himself as a "Cowboy" from Texas (ever realize that none of his siblings speak with that southern accent he has?). He was just a regular guy.....he had a charming style about him and a speaking style that made many peg him as a complete moron. But make no mistake - he may not not have read 3 books/month as his mentor falsely claimed to have done - but he knew how to read people. He knew how to get what he wanted.

How did he get the Republican nomination in 2000? He did it by talking about a humble foreign policy, less government spending, more private choices in health care, and vouchers/charter schools to combat the public school monopoly. People bought into it, but he delivered on none of it. He appealed to the religious crowd, by, as you pointed out, convincing them that he was one of them (despite being an alcoholic until the age of 40). He appealed to southerners the same way, despite coming from a family that was Texan in name only.

And then throughout his Presidency........he used what happened on 9/11 to further an agenda of expanding the power of the executive branch and attempting to remake the middle east. He manipulated his enemies into doing what he wanted and when he couldn't, he'd just do it anyway and claim executive privilege when he was found out (ie: FISA).

Everybody thought Cheney and crew were calling the shots......Bush was simply too dumb to be able to comprehend any of what was going on. Sure, he was responsible because he was the President, but Cheney was the truly evil one and Bush was just a puppet. Again, it's all perception.

Over the past eight years, Bush got everything he really wanted and then some. Like you said, he may be a lot of things.....but he is nowhere near the complete idiot that a lot of people think he is.

-SM
Spyder
Dubya is Keyser Soze!

scottmason1
QUOTE(Spyder @ Nov 7 2008, 05:37 PM) [snapback]409774[/snapback]
Dubya is Keyser Soze!

LOL in a sense, he is......damn man, great reference haha

-SM
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.