Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shane Mosley splits with Jack Mosley again, considering Nazeem Richardson
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
woooooo
What do you guys think about this going into his almost done Jan 24. WW title fight with Antonio Margarito?

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/ne...tory?id=3683232
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(Fitz @ Nov 5 2008, 03:00 AM) [snapback]409388[/snapback]
I think that the trainer will mean little. Margarito is going to give Mosley the biggest beating he would have probably received, which is due to his age, but it will be a beating regardless IMO.

At least he won't be able to blame it on his dad.

If it is a brutal fight I'm kinda glad Jack won't be in the corner.

I always find it interesting when a trainer is able to help a fighter like Nazeem helped Nard often other fighters try and grab them hoping lightening wil strike twice.

I've seen it with Roach, Mayweather and McGirt as well.

Will it help him? Not sure it will. Not sure it won't.
D-MARV
Nazeem Richardson is a "GREAT: trainer (very underrated IMHO).

Could be a good move but like already mentioned... Mosley will still get beat by Mags!
Method
Great trainer. I don't see how it will matter. Margarito gonna stop him.

Glad Naazim getting some play with other athletes, but again, fail to see how Shane tackles this task.

At least Naazim will know what round it is.
caneman
Naz definitely is very good & under rated & is one of old school guys that just see things that so many don't. While he will get Shane ready for battle, it won't do a great deal of good in the fight. I believe they should also ask X to come into camp for sparring & that would help as well! I believe that father/son teams ain't a great idea many times, I think a father's love for his son can make him somewhat blind to what he is actually seeing in the ring & it makes it that much harder to make adjustments during the fight!
JD
Naz or no Naz, Mosley will end up fighting Margarito's fight...and in turn, get beaten soundly.
caneman
I forgot to say, caps off to Shane for even taking a fight like this @ this point in his career! He is a warrior, weather you love or hate him. He has taken fights he didn't have to & then even rematched the same fighters! He just deserves mad props...too bad that won't stop him from getting his ass kicked huh? black eye.gif
PR316
I don't think Margarito will stop Mosley because unlike Cotto, Shane will clinch when hurt, and he'll wrestle and hold on the inside too if necessary.

That said, he'll get completely outworked and he'll take punishment till the final bell and Margarito will win a clear UD. Young Shane gives Tony a brutal beating but this isn't young Shane.

But I'm curious to see Nazeem Richardson in his corner and how they work.
BigG
Nazeem is very intelligent and laid back but I feel Mosley's style will get him beat. A slick boxer can really outbox Margarito but not an older Shane.
mrwigi
IMO... I think this fight looks like mosley vs. forrest 1. Mar is just to long for shane.. Styles make fights and marg has a style that shane just will not be able to match... But then again, i remember saying a few weeks with an old fighter and a young lion... Didnt turn out the way i expected it to....
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Nov 5 2008, 04:07 AM) [snapback]409390[/snapback]
If it is a brutal fight I'm kinda glad Jack won't be in the corner.

I wonder if that's one of the reasons for the change now. Shane knows this will be the most physically punishing fight of his career and feels it's best for his dad not to be part of that.

I actually believe if Shane fights a perfect fight he still has the tools necessary to pull out a decision against Margarito. But as we've seen time and again with him, his heart always leads him to try and get in there and bang, and that will likely be his downfall against Margarito.
Lil-lightsout
Awesome move for Shane, I never cared for his Dad in his corner for many reasons. His Dad seemed too laid back, never knew the round, and am curious of there training habits. I think we will see a better prepared and ready Mosely, not the one who fought against Mayorga. I remember back in the day when Nazeem's kids fought amateur, seen them a few times live, they were amazing. Plus with his work with Bernard, I think this change is really going to benefit Shane.

Mosely still got really good speed, decent power, does need to work on throwing combinations better, has a great chin, great experience, and has a lot of motivation for this fight. He just needs to box Antonio smartly and not get into any crazy exchanges with him and wear himself out. I think if fighters went into the ring just focusing on decisioning Mags, and not trying to hurt him, they would be better off. Antonio has been outboxed on a few occasions. Too many people are counting him out due to the Mayorga fight, who had a crazy and awkward style. So I will be the first to say Mosely will beat Margarito and shock everybody.
The Original MrFactor
Ya, know, as a father, I probably wouldnt want my son to fight Margarito at Mosley's age. Jack probably left Shane on this one... Mosley has no shot to win and will probably be beaten into submission. In fact this may be his swan song, if this fight comes off. One to retire on...
Imperius3
I don't see Margarito dominating Shane. Mostly because Shane has a great chin and great stamina that can match Margarito. Shane's reflexes and movement have gone down a bit though. And if he struggled against Mayorga, he will struggle against Margarito. Margarito did a good job beating down Cotto, but Shane has some advantages that Cotto doesn't have. He's faster, stronger, bigger, and experienced. And of course his chin and stamina like I already mentioned. Margarito has a great workrate though, and at this stage I think that might be too much for Shane to stop. Shane will get in his share of licks, but chances are he will get outworked. However, I predict it will be a close fight.
MarzB
I say Shane is still the underdog but Bro Nazim could easily figure out a plan to undue Marq. The problem is does Mosley still have the tools. I don't think he does (he punches one at a time).

Frankly he should have never let John David Jackson go in my opinion
FenderDG3
QUOTE(Method @ Nov 5 2008, 05:36 AM) [snapback]409397[/snapback]
Great trainer. I don't see how it will matter. Margarito gonna stop him.

Glad Naazim getting some play with other athletes, but again, fail to see how Shane tackles this task.

At least Naazim will know what round it is.

LOL, you beat me to it!! laugh.gif
King Eugene
I'm going for Shane but damn this has the potential to get ugly, especially if he tries to fight Margarito's fight.

JD
QUOTE(3King3 @ Nov 5 2008, 10:36 PM) [snapback]409548[/snapback]
I'm going for Shane but damn this has the potential to get ugly, especially if he tries to fight Margarito's fight.

And he will.

If Mayorga can get him to fight his fight...Margarito will undoubtedly get him to.
D-MARV
Richardson will be a plus! And if he spars with Bernard Hopkins (which is a rumor) this will be a huge boost!

Im not saying Shane would win, but definitely increases his chances!
salvador
As much as I've wanted to see Marg get an easy payday over the years, I'm starting to hope that Shane comes to his senses. He's too old and too brave for his own good. This is going to be sad.

If Shane wants to fight one last time, he should fight Floyd because at least that way he won't get hurt.
neophyte7
When will you people learn... now Margarito is Superman... he has 5 losses for god sake... he is a one dimensional middleweight fighting at 147 because his ugly ass cannot compete at 154 and 160--- Mosley has always sparred with Middlweights and is much stronger than Cotto... Nazim and Sparring with Hopkins will be great. Naz has proven that he can neutralize so called world beaters... stop inflating Margarito

and who is to say that Floyd would not KTFO of Shane or stop him... any fighter can hurt another fighter... People thought Hatton was going to rough Mayweather up but what happened... Floyd sent his ass flying into the ring post with a check hook...
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(neophyte7 @ Nov 8 2008, 11:08 AM) [snapback]409846[/snapback]
When will you people learn... now Margarito is Superman... he has 5 losses for god sake... he is a one dimensional middleweight fighting at 147 because his ugly ass cannot compete at 154 and 160--- Mosley has always sparred with Middlweights and is much stronger than Cotto... Nazim and Sparring with Hopkins will be great. Naz has proven that he can neutralize so called world beaters... stop inflating Margarito
and who is to say that Floyd would not KTFO of Shane or stop him... any fighter can hurt another fighter... People thought Hatton was going to rough Mayweather up but what happened... Floyd sent his ass flying into the ring post with a check hook...

No, Margarito fights at 147 because he has absolutely no trouble making the weight. I swear, some of you guys act like he's obligated to fight at a higher weight just so that it increases the likelihood of giving you the satisfaction of seeing him lose.

And what does this conversation have to do with Floyd Mayweather? This is about Margarito and Mosley. Floyd never fought either man so how does he even enter the equation? Unless you want to compare the different styles he used to duck each of them. laugh.gif
D-MARV
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Nov 8 2008, 11:48 AM) [snapback]409861[/snapback]
No, Margarito fights at 147 because he has absolutely no trouble making the weight. I swear, some of you guys act like he's obligated to fight at a higher weight just so that it increases the likelihood of giving you the satisfaction of seeing him lose.

And what does this conversation have to do with Floyd Mayweather? This is about Margarito and Mosley. Floyd never fought either man so how does he even enter the equation? Unless you want to compare the different styles he used to duck each of them. laugh.gif

Floyd Offered Shane a fight, but thats a different thread...

Margarito is a bad man but he's no superman! Shane will give him a tough fight but Tony should win the UD!

I wouldlove to see Margarito Clottey II
dbdbdb
QUOTE(Fitz @ Nov 5 2008, 04:00 AM) [snapback]409388[/snapback]
I think that the trainer will mean little. Margarito is going to give Mosley the biggest beating he would have probably received, which is due to his age, but it will be a beating regardless IMO.

At this stage in Mosley's career, who the trainer is, will matter the least. I agree with Fitz 100%, that this is the fight that will conclude Mosley's era in the most brutal fashion.

Mosley has issues with NON-TECHNICAL fighters. Look at the fight with Mayorga and then examine the fight with Cotto. Mosley is a technical boxer and does best against other technical fighters. When he fights a FIGHTER like Margarito \ Mayorga he cannot anticipate whats going to happen next. Its that unorthodoxy that has always given him problems and it is his achilles-heel to this day.

I would guess it best that NO family members are present in the corner when he fights Margarito, for it will be a brutal beating and that beating will not cease until Mosley QUITS, either on his stool, or as Cotto did recently.

It may be BEST that Jin Mosley NOT be present as well.

Margarito by BRUTAL KO ............................................................................................. SADLY.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.