Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Favorite Punch!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
D-MARV
My favorite punch is the "Check" left hook!!!! I think its a thing of beauty...

Floyd Mayweather has the best! Wlad Klit actually throws a pretty good one!

What's your favorite punch?
The CEO
I don't really have a preference....but if I had to pick one...I guess a big, straight, right hand will do....
BigG
Left jab to the head & body..

Left hook to the head and body
Douchebag
Rabit Punch, and Bolo Punch.
Maxy
Tommy Hearns' right hand.
Box in Hand
As I get older and wiser, I have come to respect the jab and the body shot. Combos are nothing without a jab, unless you're Roy Jones or Floyd Mayweather. And, body shots bring the head foward.
BigJuicyHog
A thundrous shot to the body always gets a wince out of me.
Lil-lightsout
Easily my left hook to the body. If any one remembers Mickey Wards patented left hood upstairs then immediately down stairs, well I have been using that punch/combo for years. I could not tell you how many fighters I have dropped with that combo. Some times in sparring someone will start throwing down there hardest, and instead of taking them out with a head shot(cause its only sparring), I will set people up for that shot and drop them. I do not feel bad for hurting someone to the body. I am actually surprised I do not see it used more often, I think James Toney used it sometimes.
Spyder
The Knockout Punch of course! lol

No, but seriously...I LOVE any hard counter punch. Think Mayweather-Gatti, or Roy Jones-Glen Kelly...those punches were vicious!
The CEO
I got $20 sayin' RT's favorite punch is The Donkey Punch....lol
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Nov 6 2008, 03:59 PM) [snapback]409632[/snapback]
If any one remembers Mickey Wards patented left hook

I think Micky Ward had the most precise liver shot..If he wanted that shot,he would always get it..Mexicans throw great liver shots too but I gotta say that no one is as precise on finding the liver than Ward was..

Ya all probably already know that my favorite punch is the jab..
Nay_Sayer
The James Toney counter Right Hand.

Honorable mention to the Zab Judah counter Left Uppercut....
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Nov 6 2008, 06:06 PM) [snapback]409658[/snapback]
The James Toney counter Right Hand.

Honorable mention to the Zab Judah counter Left Uppercut....

Ya gotta include Floyd's counter right hand if you're gonna say Toney..They'd shoulder roll and come with the straight right..
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Nov 6 2008, 04:11 PM) [snapback]409660[/snapback]
Ya gotta include Floyd's counter right hand if you're gonna say Toney..They'd shoulder roll and come with the straight right..

Floyd's is nice but Toney puts more mustard on his counter right, IMHO...
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Nov 6 2008, 06:25 PM) [snapback]409662[/snapback]
Floyd's is nice but Toney puts more mustard on his counter right, IMHO...

Very true..Can't argue that..Toney does have power,especially when he was at lower weights..At heavyweight,not so much but ya can't really expect a guy who was once a middleweight to come up to heavyweight with the same power..It'd be a very rare thing if he did..
STEVENSKI
Probably my favourite punch is the short straight right like Tszyu was the master of throwing.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Nov 6 2008, 03:44 PM) [snapback]409641[/snapback]
I got $20 sayin' RT's favorite punch is The Donkey Punch....lol

Damn it, I was really going to write that. You stole my glory
The CEO
laugh.gif

I wonder if the people who didn't know what that is took the time to look it up....I remember when I did....shit was funny. I remember that...your namesake...The Secret Service....and The Guatamalan Pizza Big Juicy Hog hipped me to.....

King Eugene
My favorite is the lead right that you dont see coming.

I also like the left hook to the body then head.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Nov 6 2008, 07:45 PM) [snapback]409674[/snapback]
Probably my favourite punch is the short straight right like Tszyu was the master of throwing.

Tszyu was the master of it all..To have a real good short right is something you really gotta work on..
Big Slim Sweet
Right to the body, right uppercut to the chin.
D-MARV
Berto has a damn good right uppercut! when he throws his straight right followed by the right uppercut, it's something special
HaydelHammer
M Wards left to the body.
ROLL DEEP
When they use their right hand first....I love it when boxers pull this off. When they're so fast they launch in with their back hand and BAM!, opponents head rocked back. Awesome.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Nov 7 2008, 06:55 AM) [snapback]409723[/snapback]
Berto has a damn good right uppercut! when he throws his straight right followed by the right uppercut, it's something special

It was special when he did that but I don't expect to see that combo from him too much..

This topic turned from favorite punch to now favorite 2 punch combo..hahaha..
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Nov 6 2008, 07:33 PM) [snapback]409684[/snapback]
laugh.gif

I wonder if the people who didn't know what that is took the time to look it up....I remember when I did....shit was funny. I remember that...your namesake...The Secret Service....and The Guatamalan Pizza Big Juicy Hog hipped me to.....

My favorite is the Abe Lincoln
D-MARV
QUOTE(ROLL DEEP @ Nov 7 2008, 10:27 AM) [snapback]409743[/snapback]
When they use their right hand first....I love it when boxers pull this off. When they're so fast they launch in with their back hand and BAM!, opponents head rocked back. Awesome.

Floyd Mayweaher does better than anyone! I remeber the Ndou fight! He threw it 3 straight times to get the KO!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Nov 7 2008, 07:11 PM) [snapback]409795[/snapback]
Floyd Mayweaher does better than anyone! I remeber the Ndou fight! He threw it 3 straight times to get the KO!

I do remember him throwin the straight 3 times in a row to get the KO..That was insane!!Floyd has pure skill and abilities..Roy Jones had abilities more than pure skill..Roy does have the skill but without his supernatural abilities he is different..James Toney has pure skill and abilites too..Mike McCallum has pure skill and not too much abilities..

Skill=real smarts in the ring..Fundamentals,technique,owning the ring,and those kinds of things..Abilities=speed,power,and stuff that gives you a edge and allows you to do things normal guys can't because of these advantages..
Method
"Philly Jailhouse Right"
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Method @ Nov 10 2008, 12:15 AM) [snapback]410063[/snapback]
"Philly Jailhouse Right"

In the clacker whilst 4 brothas are holding you down. I heard it only travelled 12 inches but could make you pass out the pain was so great.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Nov 9 2008, 08:42 PM) [snapback]410064[/snapback]
In the clacker whilst 4 brothas are holding you down. I heard it only travelled 12 inches but could make you pass out the pain was so great.

hahaha..Geez!!
STEVENSKI
From what I heard it was a punch that would knock the shit out of you & leave you bleeding on the floor.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Nov 10 2008, 12:28 AM) [snapback]410112[/snapback]
From what I heard it was a punch that would knock the shit out of you & leave you bleeding on the floor.

More like knock the shit ALL the way up in you!!
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Nov 10 2008, 04:33 AM) [snapback]410118[/snapback]
More like knock the shit ALL the way up in you!!

Well he did perfect the rabbit punch in jail so the woman would not struggle with daddy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.