Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Darchinyan vs Arce looking likely
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
AussieLad
Whilst i reckon Vic is smoking crack with his plans to win titles in so many divisions, i like this fight alot.

"Vicious Vic Darchinyan says he will monster arch foe Jorge Arce on his way to winning five world titles.
And he confirmed he wants to knock out Filipino Nonito Donaire as a special treat.
Arce holds two wins over Darchinyan’s friend Hussein Hussein and the new unified super-flyweight king says revenge will be sweet.
A fight against Arce, another Mexican star and WBA interim super flyweight world champion, in the US in March is about 75 per cent locked in.
``I promise I am going to knock him out before the middle rounds,'' Darchinyan said. "

torvix2000
Why not fight Donaire again? Donaire's looking for a good payday.
AussieLad
http://philboxing.com/news/story-19834.html

"While Donaire was impressed with Darchinyan’s performance he was certainly not awed. In response to Drachinyan’s bragging the cool and collected Donaire said “I will fight him anytime, anywhere” except that promoter Gary Shaw who handles Drachinyan and Top Rank’s Bob Arum who promotes Donaire “are not very friendly with each other right now.”

Donaire said a fight against Drachinyan “might be a long road.” "

My preference in order is Montiel, followed by Donaire, then Arce. But Arce isnt a bad fight, certainly all action
D-MARV
Arce will get murdered!
salvador
I love this fight! I think Arce - Darchinyan is the most exciting matchup in the lower weight classes.

I love both of these guys, but Arce is tailor made for Darchinyan. Vic by ko in 3.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(torvix2000 @ Nov 7 2008, 05:14 AM) [snapback]409720[/snapback]
Why not fight Donaire again? Donaire's looking for a good payday.

Why fight anyone if all they want is a payday??I don't think this is the case but don't think anyone should fight someone because all they want money..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Nov 7 2008, 06:53 AM) [snapback]409722[/snapback]
Arce will get murdered!

Yup..Vic has already ended a guy's career and Arce is made for Vic..Not wise of Arce I think..I'd tell Arce to ONLY work on defense in the gym and nothing else..If he doesn't bring the defense,he's a walking dead man..
kidbazooka1
Arce in my opnion is a harder puncher than Donaire twhile it's rue he may not have the same skills and is slightly on the decline but I still think punch for punch Arce hits harder. While Arce may be easy to hit so is Vic who was knocked sensless agianst Nonito.

Funny how easy people get influence by one fight Vic was pretty much considered damaged goods after the Nonito fight and now he's seems to be untouchable by many here.

Vic's defense might be just a tad better than Arce but he's no Whitaker. Arce is a puncher and a has brutal body work the kind Vic has never seen. I think Arce has just as much of chance at taking Vic out as Vic does. As a matter of fact Vic has never faced an agressive power puncher who hits just as hard or harder than he does.

Douchebag
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Nov 7 2008, 04:07 PM) [snapback]409768[/snapback]
Arce in my opnion is a harder puncher than Donaire twhile it's rue he may not have the same skills and is slightly on the decline but I still think punch for punch Arce hits harder. While Arce may be easy to hit so is Vic who was knocked sensless agianst Nonito.

Funny how easy people get influence by one fight Vic was pretty much considered damaged goods after the Nonito fight and now he's seems to be untouchable by many here.

Vic's defense might be just a tad better than Arce but he's no Whitaker. Arce is a puncher and a has brutal body work the kind Vic has never seen. I think Arce has just as much of chance at taking Vic out as Vic does. As a matter of fact Vic has never faced an agressive power puncher who hits just as hard or harder than he does.

Of the two I would give the edge in power to Vic. Your post is on point other than that.
AussieLad
I think vics recent form has displayed a defence that is more than just a tad better than arce's.

This is a fight iv'e been hanging out for... for a long time, theres been alot of smack talk back and forth, with vic travelling to several of arce's fights to call him out, only to hear arce mention everyone elses name in the post fight interview except vics. I think Arce avoided vic, but now that all roads lead to Rome he doesnt have the choice if he wants those belts.

Arce has power and pressure, its not inconceivable that he can win just unlikely. Arce's lack of defence means he is going to eat power shots all night. Its only a matter of time before he gets KTFO
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(AussieLad @ Nov 7 2008, 06:05 PM) [snapback]409780[/snapback]
I think vics recent form has displayed a defence that is more than just a tad better than arce's.

This is a fight iv'e been hanging out for... for a long time, theres been alot of smack talk back and forth, with vic travelling to several of arce's fights to call him out, only to hear arce mention everyone elses name in the post fight interview except vics. I think Arce avoided vic, but now that all roads lead to Rome he doesnt have the choice if he wants those belts.

Arce has power and pressure, its not inconceivable that he can win just unlikely. Arce's lack of defence means he is going to eat power shots all night. Its only a matter of time before he gets KTFO

The last time Arce was stopped was agianst one of the all time great little men and HOF in Carbajal. Arce is a tough dude with a never say die attitude. Like I said Vic has never been in the ring with someone who will bring it to him and has the power to hurt him Arce has and knows what to do when in trouble. Could Vic recover after being stunned or hurt rd after rd so far the asnwer is know the only time he's been hurt he was out for the count Arce has been in the trenches and has come back to win.

Im sure Vic might be the betting favorite but I thinkg Arce might suprise a few people.
King Eugene
Give me Arce...I dont know why I like this dude but I do.
BigG
To beat Vic, you have to have sting in your punches. Mijares is a way better BOXER than Arce but the difference is Arce is an inside fighter with some sting...Mijares-Vic was like Maldanado-Vic.

So the fighters with serious pop in their shots..Donaire, Penalosa, Montiel will give Vic hell. Arce will lose to Vic but I think he does better than Mijares..

But Kid Bazooka makes a good point...It would be interesting to see Vic in a fire fight cuz Arce will be on his ass (and it will probably get him KO'd).
kidbazooka1
I wanna see how Vic responds to Arce's body shots.

George your a big Penalosa fan huh? I personly don't see what you see in the guy if ever a person got lucky with a punch it was Gerry when he beat Jhonny. He was getting outboxed easly before landing the body punch and hasn't done nothing of significance since his career has been mediocre at best. I don't know maybe it's just me but I've never been a fan of his. Bernabe Concepcion on the other hand I believe will be the next big thing from the Phillipines along side Nonito.
AussieLad
I wanna see arce getting caught as he leaves himself open, trying to close the distance and winging a looping bodyshot
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(AussieLad @ Nov 8 2008, 03:16 AM) [snapback]409832[/snapback]
I wanna see arce getting caught as he leaves himself open, trying to close the distance and winging a looping bodyshot

Then it will be the battle of the loooping shots because Vic isn't too far behind when it comes to looping punches.
BigG
Gerry was down 4-2 against Jhonny IMO and he pulled it off with a counter to the body. Gerry will SON Vic if they ever fight.
AussieLad
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Nov 8 2008, 07:22 AM) [snapback]409833[/snapback]
Then it will be the battle of the loooping shots because Vic isn't too far behind when it comes to looping punches.

Vics bread and butter punch is a straight left
blackbelt2003
Terrific fight.

Darchinyan should win it, but it will be exciting whilst it lasts. Vic by late stoppage.

Black
BigG
If this fight does come off I got Vic by KO 4 in a brutal war.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.