Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jones vs. Calzaghe:Round by Round/Postfight: 8PM CST PPV
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Jack 1000
For all the action and postfight reactions to Jones-Calzaghe, please post everything in this thread only. (No new spoilers or new duplicate threads should be created.) The undercard begins about 8:15 CST.

Fight Hype's own commentary can be found here:

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/roundbyroun...18afac92c47164b

Jack

Administrator
salvador
It's kind of amazing that Calzaghe's last fight is going to start at like 4:00AM in England.

Hopefully the undercards go quickly and there's not any specified time at which the main event starts - though I'm sure there is.

D-MARV
Yeah...
Zab should have got that gy out of there!
The CEO
Catch lightning in a bottle, Jones...make it happen. Me and you are straight right now....
D-MARV
Calzaghe Down!!!!!!!
The CEO
WOOOOOOOOO!!!

Calzaghe gets dropped in the 1st...recovers...
dbdbdb
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Nov 8 2008, 11:51 PM) [snapback]409901[/snapback]
Calzaghe Down!!!!!!!

That's the difference in this fight ..... RJJ CAN knock Calslappy out.
The CEO
and there goes Roy...covering up and not throwing...........................

Calzaghe takes the 2nd and 3rd and totally clowns Jones in the process..
frankypc
Its basically the same old same old, Cal isnt hiting too clean but he is throwin ALOT and roy is barely answering back.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
I do think Roy is hitting him more often than Nard was able to. cal satating to bust up a little.

I think Roy is gonna catch him again with that right before this fight is over.
dbdbdb
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who can win a fight not throwing any punches dntknw.gif
frankypc
I do agree Jones is hitting him more, But in the eyes of the judges all they will see is all the 60 slaps per round lol.
The CEO
I lost my stream and can't find another....screw it...
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
I think Roy is actually throwing more than he has done in his last few fights although he's starting to slow now.
KookedKrack
it doesnt even matter what happens in this fight because in the end I am the only one taking a loss for ordering this crap to watch roy lay on the ropes again sigh
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Roy is now cut. I think this is now over.
KookedKrack
damn a nasty cut opened up above roy's left eye
frankypc
Them slaps can cut jaja.
dbdbdb
http://www.justin.tv/forthe3432
King Eugene
You guys was all right and i was all wrong! DAMN!!!!! Go ahead...let me have it.
KookedKrack
all you had to do was watch the 3rd tarver fight again buddy you would have realized what everyone else did
dbdbdb
Horrible!!! Cornerwork in RJJ corner ...... They don't know how to stop a cut!!!!!
D-MARV
I dont give a fuck!!!! Roy is getting his ass beat BUT DONT ANYONE EVER QUESTION HIS HEART AGAIN!
King Eugene
Id never thougt id see my boy take a whoppin like this. Fitz....you where right!
Jack 1000
Sup all?

My BBC stream died. What are your scorecards at this time?

Jack
KookedKrack
We are fucked now Calslappy will be acting like he defeated SRR and Ali on the same night after this win over this washed up roy.

*sigh*
dbdbdb
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Nov 9 2008, 12:26 AM) [snapback]409921[/snapback]
Sup all?

My BBC stream died. What are your scorecards at this time?

Jack

still working = http://www.mogulus.com/sportinwood2
The CEO
Roy is more shot than Bonnie and Clyde....

He was lucky to have caught Joe with his forearm to knock him down in the 1st...
King Eugene
Im so disappointed but you cant question his heart no more. Damn!!!! ass whippin 101
dbdbdb
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Nov 9 2008, 12:30 AM) [snapback]409924[/snapback]
Roy is more shot than Bonnie and Clyde....

He was lucky to have caught Joe with his forearm to knock him down in the 1st...

He would have had a better shot if his corner knew how to stop a cut from bleeding ....... Those guys are acting like rookies.
The CEO
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Nov 9 2008, 12:29 AM) [snapback]409923[/snapback]

Thanks for the tips, db....they're just shutting down all those streams tonight....

Man...Roy's eye looks like that dude's that fought Kimbo in the backyard....
King Eugene
Roys done! No excuses....retire.
dbdbdb
Calslappy gets MAD props for beating both B-Hop & RJJ. Even though I would have liked to see his 0 go.
Jack 1000
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Nov 8 2008, 11:34 PM) [snapback]409927[/snapback]
Thanks for the tips, db....they're just shutting down all those streams tonight....

Man...Roy's eye looks like that dude's that fought Kimbo in the backyard....

That link is too choppy. Must be very heavy traffic.

Jack
kidbazooka1
Damn I can't stand this f*cker. Calzgahe is a worthless piece of sh*t he's lucky he fought an 39 yr old Jones.
The CEO
Really though....how many of us are surprised?....this is exactly what most of us thought would happen...a UD or a possible late stoppage....

I only got to watch the first 3 rounds via stream....and I don't care if Joe ended up lookin' like God in there...his resume is tailor made to be dissected and fed to a shredder....
D-MARV
Im not really surprised... I also think that Calzaghe is a lock for Fighter of the Year! unless Pac can beat De La Hoya
Mean Mister Mustard
Calzaghe did what he had to but its a shame he had to fight a 39 year old. He might retire and come back at 38 or something. NOt really much to say about this fight.
KookedKrack
Good 'ol hbo is comparing Calslappy to Rocky Marciano, Ricardo Lopez, and Floyd who all retired undefeated sigh.
Aware

Calzaghe is quite the opportunist! Damn, I knew it was over when Jones was in the dresser room and the referee asked him if he had any questions and he said, if I'm covering up blocking on the ropes will you stop the fight? What the fuck?!!
JD
ROy has no legs...thats the problem.
D-MARV
I think the one plus Roy gets out of this is that he showed tremendous heart!

I d believe Joe could have stopped him if he pressed on the gas.
JD
I think these guys genuinely like each other...and I agree, if Calzaghe really wanted to, he could have gotten Roy out of there.
The Original MrFactor
No shocks here. The only real surprise was that Jones did better than I expected. However he did exactly as expected. He layed on the ropes while Caalzage wailed away, then threw 1 to 2 shot5s in between Calzaghe's breaks...

Merc was horrible tonite. In fact, as I was watching the 24/7 series, he seemed to be more interested in exta-curricular activities than he was his fighter. I'm a firm believer that if it shows up in camp, then it will show up on fightnight. If somebody just told Roy to throw punches because you are losing due to activity, maybe he would have woke the fuck up. I was screaming it at my TV, "Throw punches Roy, Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I hope Roy retires. I hope Calzaghe doesnt take too much from his last 2 wins. I know history will just show the name Bernard Hopkins and Roy Jones on Calzaghe's resume, but the real fans of this era will know that Cal fougt 2 shopwon older fighters who had seen much,much better days.
The CEO
QUOTE(JD @ Nov 9 2008, 12:55 AM) [snapback]409937[/snapback]

There's no denying that....I just can't believe he didn't have any legs from the very first bell...you'd think he could move around for at least 4, 6 rounds with the shape he always appears be in...

Forget all that muscle loss crap....dude is an anomaly....he got way too old, way too young.

JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(frankypc @ Nov 9 2008, 01:12 AM) [snapback]409908[/snapback]
I do agree Jones is hitting him more, But in the eyes of the judges all they will see is all the 60 slaps per round lol.

Calzaghe threw some hard shots tonight,just as I said he would..I bet if most of ya were in the ring,your ass would of been put down for the count..Calzaghe did a lot of good/hard body work..I really hated his taunting though..Calzaghe's left hand did some serious damage when we connected flush with it..Like I said,Calzaghe was coming tonight with some hard stuff..

Roy has a huge heart and I was hoping/thinking he would show us something great..After the first round ya kinda got the feeling this is really happening but when ya think about the B-Hop/Calzaghe fight ya know Calzaghe is comin back hard..Either way,Roy proved us all wrong..How did Roy not have his legs??He never looked like he was going to go down and got cut real bad for the first time ever and kept going till the end of the fight..He never forgot about his goal of winning either..He tried but at his age(in boxing years of course) is getting real high and he was reminding me of Ali at near the end and at the end of his career rope-a-doping and hoping guys would get tired..I wish Roy threw more uppercuts..You can really tell hes not the same guy cause before he had every punch in the book mastered(well besides the jab) and now he is more of a straight right and sometimes jab or a cut..I wish he would throw more cuts and hooks like before..It's real weird how it seems like he just lost those punches..
JD
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Nov 9 2008, 01:05 AM) [snapback]409943[/snapback]
There's no denying that....I just can't believe he didn't have any legs from the very first bell...you'd think he could move around for at least 4, 6 rounds with the shape he always appears be in...

Forget all that muscle loss crap....dude is an anomaly....he got way too old, way too young.

I think his legs are just gone period. It shows up more and more as the fight goes on, because he is still at least explosive and fast early...but his legs are just toast even in the early rounds.

I also think Calzaghe is a lot better then many people want to give him credit for.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Nov 9 2008, 02:05 AM) [snapback]409943[/snapback]

Oh for a second I thought ya guys meant he didn't have legs to take a shot..Yeah,it's too bad he didn't move around A LOT more..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(JD @ Nov 9 2008, 02:12 AM) [snapback]409945[/snapback]
I also think Calzaghe is a lot better then many people want to give him credit for.

That's because he is!!Fighthypers just hate him..I always give him props..
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(JD @ Nov 9 2008, 12:55 AM) [snapback]409937[/snapback]

Not the only problem. Roy had so many opportunities to throw clean shots when Joe stood right in front of him with his damn hands down and didn't, he sees the openings but he can not let go of the punches anymore. Roy no longer throws combinations either. Roy showed heart in there and he gave it his all, but we will NEVER see the "old" Roy again. Please retire, do not end up like so many others that never let go.

Joe is a damn good fighter, and he put on an excellent performance. But he fought a shell of a fighter tonight, and by beating a 43 and 39 year old fighters who are no longer in there primes, hardly enhances your legacy. Atleast Max was the only one on the telecast with some common sense in there. Lampley, Stewart, and Lederman should all be replaced.

I originally figured Joe would win a comfy decision, but swayed my decision on picking Roy for an upset. It was very frustrating seeing Roy in there not able to let his punches go. Prime Roy would have picked Joe apart in there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.