Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Did anyone see the Barrera fight
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
It had to be one of the biggest mismatches of the year. This guy Sammy (forgot his surname) got the beatdown of his life..he didn't land a single shot.

Barrera didn't put anything on his punches and seemed to just carry Sammy for 2 rounds before really punishing him in rounds 3 and 4 with body shots.

The fight was at 135...I'd like to see Morales-Barrera IV since Morales himself is talking of a comeback.
BigG
What's crazy is Morales said hes targeting Marquez for March next year. I think Marquez will give him a sad beating but you really have to admire Morales...you can never question his heart. I get really sad and pissed off whenever he losses lol
JD
It's hard to admire a guy who doesn't know when to let go.

Morales isn't at the Holyfield level yet...but he needs to stay out of the sport. His time has passed.
STEVENSKI
Oldyfield is still competitive with the bums masquerading as champions today. Morales would be getting in there with top notch fighters at 135 worthy of P4P rankings unlike any heavyweight.
BigG
Fornuntately for Holyfield, no one can give him a BAD beating...aside from the Klitschko bro's, fat Toney....and Danny Williams haha.gif
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 10 2008, 12:09 AM) [snapback]410104[/snapback]
Fornuntately for Holyfield, no one can give him a BAD beating...aside from the Klitschko bro's, fat Toney....and Danny Williams haha.gif

No one can give Holyfield a bad beating period!!I'm not liking all this smack talk about Holyfield being brought up in all these topics..

Holy will be champ again if the Valuev fight happens..
STEVENSKI
Johnny whilst usually rational is completely delusional when it comes to Vander.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Fitz @ Nov 10 2008, 12:29 AM) [snapback]410115[/snapback]
Hah. Sorry, I'm honestly not sure if you're trolling or being serious.

Until Holy retires,I got faith in him..Steve,you're exactly right about my thoughts on Holy..I may be delusional but Holy is one of the best heavyweights ever..Top 5-10 at most on my list but maybe top 20 for the rest of you..Ya never can count Holy out of any fight no matter how old he is cause he is full of surprises.. laugh.gif
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Nov 10 2008, 04:40 AM) [snapback]410119[/snapback]
Ya never can count Holy out of any fight no matter how old he is cause he is full of surprises.. laugh.gif

Yeah & Luke Skywalker was full of suprises in Empipre Strikes back & what did that get him? A fucking hand cut off by his father!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Nov 10 2008, 12:49 AM) [snapback]410127[/snapback]
Yeah & Luke Skywalker was full of suprises in Empipre Strikes back & what did that get him? A fucking hand cut off by his father!

Well he got a replacement(like Holy got his shoulder fixed) hand and whooped his ass in Return of the Jedi!! thumbsup_anim.gif

Holy is gettin that belt!!
STEVENSKI
What is teh definition of insanity?

Repeating the same action & hoping for a different result such as Holy getting his head kicked in for the 40th time & somehow thinking next time it will be different.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Nov 10 2008, 12:24 AM) [snapback]410110[/snapback]
No one can give Holyfield a bad beating period!!

What would you call what James Toney did to him five years ago?
BigG
Holyfield should have retiered after that fight...sad to see him losing to Sultan Ibramigov and Larry Donald...not just losing but getting shutout on the cards.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 11 2008, 01:57 AM) [snapback]410324[/snapback]
Holyfield should have retiered after that fight...sad to see him losing to Sultan Ibramigov and Larry Donald...not just losing but getting shutout on the cards.

He had a bum shoulder in the Byrd,Donald,and Toney fight..Do you honestly think Holy would of kept getting hit with those right hands from all them if he was able to lift his arm up??He started out ok against Toney but than I could tell it was buggin him..He had shoulder problems a couple times in his career and how much more obvious do ya guys need it to be when a guy DOESN'T raise his left shoulder when any form of right hand is coming at him..The first Moorer fight,Byrd,and Toney fights were all soo obvious..It was also buggin him in the Ruiz fights too..Another sign of something being wrong was his punch output..When it'd be buggin him,he wouldn't throw many punches at all..I think it really caused stamina problems for him too in some cases..Think about it,if you feel such intense pain in your shoulder,it'd drain you out for sure..

The Ibragimov fight was his only true loss of those 4 guys..He had his health and his shoulder..Still,his work rate wasn't where it should of been in that fight though..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.