Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Joe Mesi
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JonnyBlaze
Does anyone know where Joe Mesi has been??It's been over a year since he last fought..I've been a fan of his since the beginning..Any news at all??He had/has potential to be an elite but Jirov threw him off track..Let me know if any of ya know anything..
Fitz
He was finished when his brains got scrambled by a cruiser.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Fitz @ Nov 11 2008, 12:49 AM) [snapback]410311[/snapback]
He was finished when his brains got scrambled by a cruiser.

When he came by he was knockin guys out left and right..Also,he got messed up because of behind the head shots..So it's not like Jirov's weight or past weight had anything to do with it..He could of been a lightweight but if he kept getting hit on the back of the head,the same thing would of happened..We got a Monte Barrett thread goin now and Mesi beat him before,which was a big win for him..I hope to see Mesi back soon..
BigG
Mesi is done...Jirov ruined him.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 11 2008, 01:13 AM) [snapback]410319[/snapback]
Mesi is done...Jirov ruined him.

How is he done when he hasn't even lost yet??Jirov set him back and made him lose quite a bit of what he had but he is far from done I THINK..I'll always like Mesi,hes a good guy and he is good in the ring..He might not be the best guy as far as skills but I still got mad respect for him..
BigG
He hasnt lost yet because he has been fighting absolute SCRUBS since his win over Jirov. He's into politics now..he really hasnt done anything since 2004
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 11 2008, 02:01 AM) [snapback]410326[/snapback]
He hasnt lost yet because he has been fighting absolute SCRUBS since his win over Jirov. He's into politics now..he really hasnt done anything since 2004

True,he hasn't fought quality guys since the Jirov fight..I don't blame him though,I think it was a smart move to fight those kinda guys once he came back..He really needs to test his body out to make sure and show he is 100%..It really sucks though,he had a lot of momentum before the Jirov fight and was soo close to fighting top 10 guys..I really wonder what he could of or still can be..
BigG
I always thought Mesi was a really good guy and he could be a commentator but I think he is done. He was on the fast track to a title shot after beating Barrett and fighting Jirov but Jirov ruined him. Just look at the mans career after that fight..and now he hasn't fought in a year.
Big Slim Sweet
Anyone else remember that poster we had a few years back, Spitshine Tommy? Man, that guy lived inside Joe Mesi's ass crack.

Mesi seemed like a nice guy with decent skills and a pretty big punch. He had some momentum going and a strong east coast following backing him up. HBO was planning on putting him in with Vitali later in 2004 where Mesi would have gotten absolutely crushed.

He's an interesting 'what if' because he was undefeated and...well, white. (I'm just saying) Really though I don't think anyone who saw him fight ever thought he was anything special.
D-MARV
Too much Inactivity! I wouldn't get to excited about this guy coming back... But then again we are talking about the Heavyweight Division, If Evander and Hasim Rahman can get title shots than I wouldn't be shocked to see anyone get title shots!
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Nov 11 2008, 11:58 AM) [snapback]410386[/snapback]
Anyone else remember that poster we had a few years back, Spitshine Tommy? Man, that guy lived inside Joe Mesi's ass crack.

LOL I used to battle with the self proclaimed "Biggest Mesi Fan" ... that guy once claimed something like Mesi was 20 years old and this was around the time of the Jirov fight, so Mesi was maybe 30 at the time. I called him out on that, asking him how he could be a decade off on the age of his favorite fighter and he never really had an answer for that.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Nov 11 2008, 02:21 PM) [snapback]410395[/snapback]
Too much Inactivity! I wouldn't get to excited about this guy coming back... But then again we are talking about the Heavyweight Division, If Evander and Hasim Rahman can get title shots than I wouldn't be shocked to see anyone get title shots!

Holyfield is the man..That's how he got it!!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Fitz @ Nov 11 2008, 04:36 AM) [snapback]410363[/snapback]

Haha.

You remind me of the token female idol judges. The ones whose role it is to mention the positives no matter what the circumstance. Don't worry, I'm the negative one.

That's why it's good to get both our opinions..hahaha..Then ya get all the pros and all the cons..I do mostly point out good but do point out bad when necessary..

drinks.gif
The Original MrFactor
Mesi just lost a run for a congressional seat. Maybe he'll be making a comeback. I always thought he was hugely overrated.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Nov 11 2008, 11:02 PM) [snapback]410475[/snapback]
That's why it's good to get both our opinions..hahaha..Then ya get all the pros and all the cons..I do mostly point out good but do point out bad when necessary..

drinks.gif

Man Johnny you must be a real positive guy to see anything good in Mesi.

That guy was one of the most overrated piles of steaming dog turd I saw in a long time. Yet another tomato can wrapped up and packaged as the next ' great white American heavyweight.'

He had very suspect stamina and who can forget him going life and death with Monte Barett? Shesh! I always thought he was slow as fuck and wasn't that sold on his skills and seeing him knocked seven ways of senseless by a cruiserweight only confirmed my suspicions. Can you imagine if they'd put him in with that other cruiser James Toney? He would've been sliced and diced.

Or a Klit? Or Evander? Call for the stretcher.

He was the poor man's Tommy Morrison, which isn't saying much.
BigG
LOL! Thats harsh
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Maybe I'm being a bit harsh on Tommy Morrison.

Big Slim Sweet
Morrison KO 1 Mesi
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Nov 12 2008, 02:47 AM) [snapback]410511[/snapback]
Man Johnny you must be a real positive guy to see anything good in Mesi.

That guy was one of the most overrated piles of steaming dog turd I saw in a long time. Yet another tomato can wrapped up and packaged as the next ' great white American heavyweight.'

He had very suspect stamina and who can forget him going life and death with Monte Barett? Shesh! I always thought he was slow as fuck and wasn't that sold on his skills and seeing him knocked seven ways of senseless by a cruiserweight only confirmed my suspicions. Can you imagine if they'd put him in with that other cruiser James Toney? He would've been sliced and diced.

Or a Klit? Or Evander? Call for the stretcher.

He was the poor man's Tommy Morrison, which isn't saying much.

He didn't have the best stamina..Yet,how many heavyweights today have good stamina??The Klitchkos and that's about it..Holyfield still has decent stamina considering his age..Mesi doesn't have the best speed either..What I liked about him was his mentality..He never quit and always kept going..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.