Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What do you all think of Kanye Wests new song
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
BigG
I think it's a dissapointment. His first 3 albums were borderline classics..Love Lockdown might be my least favorite track from him
King Eugene
I'm a West fan and he make some damn good music but I just aint feeling this new stuff yet. Maybe it'll grow on me but as of now I just cant dig it.
BigG
Out of 5, I'll give Love Lockdown a 1.5 or a 2. BY FAR his worst song IMO..

Kanye...whats wrong with you
Fitz
Hey biggeorge, I'm going to the Kanye West concert. Only because my friend won tickets on the radio, and he is going to take me with him. I don't mind Kanye and look forward to seeing him live.
But Nas is performing as Kanye's support act, and I know nothing of him. I usually don't like hip hop, I prefer the more commercial dancy type stuff, lol. But the only Nas song I remember and I liked was "shoot em up", lol. So not sure what to expect.
BigG
You like the GAY hip hop Fitz...

Well, try to get an autograph. Nas is the legend of the two...will nas perform his own songs?
Fitz
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 11 2008, 07:14 PM) [snapback]410353[/snapback]
You like the GAY hip hop Fitz...

Well, try to get an autograph. Nas is the legend of the two...will nas perform his own songs?

Haha, perhaps, but it's much easier on the ears. I won't be trying to get any autographs, I'm going to give him a go and listen to him, lets take it one step at a time, lol. What do you mean will he perform his own songs? Does he usually do other people's songs? I have no idea then.
BigG
Nah, I like some dance music myself. Just not talentless hacks like Soulja Boy. Oh my bad...I was wondering if it was going to be an all out Kanye concert with Nas supporting him a few songs...Well, Nas music is strictly for the hardcore fans. I'm sure they will perform the track "Still Dreaming"

Just understand this Fitz...if Nas performs a song from this album your lucky..this album IS greatness...

King Eugene
QUOTE(Fitz @ Nov 11 2008, 03:19 AM) [snapback]410356[/snapback]
Haha, perhaps, but it's much easier on the ears. I won't be trying to get any autographs, I'm going to give him a go and listen to him, lets take it one step at a time, lol. What do you mean will he perform his own songs? Does he usually do other people's songs? I have no idea then.

LMAO...if you ever hear a rapper sing someone else's lyrics and they aren't dead or its a tribute....WALK AWAY FROM THE CONCERT. LOL, man Nas is a legend and you are about to experience history. He is one of the last true lyrical artist there is. You wont understand it now but you would if he died (so sad to say) lol.

Please tell me you do not listen to techno.
King Eugene
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 11 2008, 03:24 AM) [snapback]410357[/snapback]
Nah, I like some dance music myself. Just not talentless hacks like Soulja Boy. Oh my bad...I was wondering if it was going to be an all out Kanye concert with Nas supporting him a few songs...Well, Nas music is strictly for the hardcore fans. I'm sure they will perform the track "Still Dreaming"

Just understand this Fitz...if Nas performs a song from this album your lucky..this album IS greatness...

The Greatest!

Ether is the best diss song ever. Jay one the war but lost that battle. I've yet to see anyone make a diss record as hard as Ether. (Yea I know it wasn't on that album but I just had to put that out there)
BigG
I think it's an insult to Hip-Hop to call Lil' Wayne the best Rapper Alive when guys like Nas and Common are still around...
Al Hata

Kanye West is a diva and I'm sick of seeing her everywhere. Get off the mic and just make beats.

Kanye West = Strong homo.
King Eugene
QUOTE(Al Hata @ Nov 11 2008, 10:07 AM) [snapback]410380[/snapback]
Kanye West is a diva and I'm sick of seeing her everywhere. Get off the mic and just make beats.

LMAO...Harsh!
The CEO
QUOTE(Al Hata @ Nov 11 2008, 10:07 AM) [snapback]410380[/snapback]

laugh.gif

This is the best evaluation of Kanye I have ever seen....
BigG
Damn....Al Hata being a hata.....his new song is a bit homo..

I need to ask you all a question though...who is better...Kanye or Lil Wayne
Spyder
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 12 2008, 06:36 AM) [snapback]410524[/snapback]
Damn....Al Hata being a hata.....his new song is a bit homo..

I need to ask you all a question though...who is better...Kanye or Lil Wayne

Lil Wayne by FAR!! I mean he has tatoos! laugh.gif
rusty_trombone
uh I'm the best rapper of all time
King Eugene
Wayne is more of a metaphor genius but Kanye is a hot lyricist. My favorite Kanye line was off Cheers to the Rock when he said "She said oh my god is that a black card/ I turned around and replied why yes but I prefer the term African American Express". LOL that dude be ridin! I think he is a better lyricist because of who you studied from. I mean there is a lot of Jay-Z's DNA in Waynes lyrics but Kanye has spent so long working with the man. Wayne got some hot stuff too now but at the end of the day its a toss up for me. Just give me a Trick Daddy CD and let me ride.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 11 2008, 04:39 AM) [snapback]410364[/snapback]
I think it's an insult to Hip-Hop to call Lil' Wayne the best Rapper Alive when guys like Nas and Common are still around...

clapping.gif

Lil Wayne should be called the worst rapper alive that is thought to be great..Nas shits on Lil Wayne..
King Eugene
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Nov 12 2008, 10:49 PM) [snapback]410727[/snapback]
clapping.gif

Lil Wayne should be called the worst rapper alive that is thought to be great..Nas shits on Lil Wayne..

Probably not the best but by far from the worse. I'm not a nutt hugger but you have to give credit where it is due. You have to look past his radio songs. The man puts in work and has a lot to show for it. If Jay-Z acknowledges it then he must be something. But dont let this confuse you, my favorite rapper is Trick and Pat.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(3King3 @ Nov 13 2008, 12:26 AM) [snapback]410736[/snapback]
Probably not the best but by far from the worse. I'm not a nutt hugger but you have to give credit where it is due. You have to look past his radio songs. The man puts in work and has a lot to show for it. If Jay-Z acknowledges it then he must be something. But dont let this confuse you, my favorite rapper is Trick and Pat.

Maybe it's cause I don't listen to rap anymore..I'm purely hip hop now..
BigG
Nas deserves the title of best rapper alive because he really just puts out the best stuff

Lil Wayne is not bad but he can't compare.
Al Hata

Wayne is ok but he is a wannabe white boy trying to play the guitar and shit. Plus with all the drugs he's doing he's on the decline, fast.
Spyder
QUOTE(Al Hata @ Nov 13 2008, 09:27 AM) [snapback]410802[/snapback]
Wayne is ok but he is a wannabe white boy trying to play the guitar and shit. Plus with all the drugs he's doing he's on the decline, fast.

Some other wannabe white boys...

dj necrogenic
I havent heard it yet but I can tell you it sucks... Im so fucking tired of Kanye West
Maxy
Haven't heard it, don't want to hear it. Kayne West is shit.
JonnyBlaze
Wannabe white boys??

Hell naw..I don't think so at all..What is a white guy to you??What is a black guy to you??There is no difference..Obama is president,so is he a white boy then since there have only been white presidents??I know he is half,but no one brings that up..

R.A. the rugged man rips it up in the hip hop world and Hendrix ripped it up the rock world..There are no wannabes if ya ask me..They are guys with a passion who became great at it..
King Eugene
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Nov 14 2008, 01:08 AM) [snapback]410921[/snapback]
Wannabe white boys??

Hell naw..I don't think so at all..What is a white guy to you??What is a black guy to you??There is no difference..Obama is president,so is he a white boy then since there have only been white presidents??I know he is half,but no one brings that up..

R.A. the rugged man rips it up in the hip hop world and Hendrix ripped it up the rock world..There are no wannabes if ya ask me..They are guys with a passion who became great at it..

Agreed

...and Obama is half Phillipine but thats another thread.
Spyder
QUOTE(3King3 @ Nov 14 2008, 02:30 AM) [snapback]410949[/snapback]
Agreed

...and Obama is half Phillipine but thats another thread.

How can Obama be half black, half white, and half Phillipine? Is it because he's so great that he's like one and a half people?
BigG
Wayne is obviously a crackhead though
D-MARV
QUOTE(Spyder @ Nov 14 2008, 09:07 AM) [snapback]410993[/snapback]
How can Obama be half black, half white, and half Phillipine? Is it because he's so great that he's like one and a half people?

Obama is Half Black and Half white... nothing more nothing less
Fitz
Went to the Kanye concert last night and also saw Nas perform as his support act. Nas was actually pretty good live, he actually had a band like someone on the guitar, bass and drums and mixed things up. I didn't know really any of his songs though two or three of them I recognised before, but didn't know the name. They were pretty good.
Kanye is actually a good singer and talented, but towards the end he started to wear real thin by me. All of his mainstream songs were good and did them well, but I found that he had way too many songs where it's like he talks/sings poems, lower and raises his voice doing so. He did this a lot, and it got quite annoying. I enjoyed myself during most of the concert, but the last half hour really dragged on, songs felt like 2-3 minutes too long. The other thing I hated is he continues to use that robot like effect on his voice. He has actually got a good voice, and I don't know why he uses it, I hate that effect and it sounds cheap.
BGv2.0
I think it sucks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.