Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: George Foreman vs. Teofilo Stevenson
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JLUVBABY
There will always be what ifs... What do you guys think happen if George Foreman decides not to turn pro after his 68' gold medal and tries for 2 times at the 72' games where a young teofilo stevenson burst on the scene and starts his domination of the amateur heavyweight class?... Also, do any of you think Stevenson could have put a dent in the richest heavyweight division in the history of the sport?... Could he have risen to the top?.. What do you guys think?
WindyCityP
Stevenson was more skillful then Foreman, but could Teofilo take Big Georges punch? Would have been nice to watch.
Spyder
Who knows what kind of punch Teofilo could've taken without headgear and with smaller gloves?

Cuba has robbed us all of many possible greats.
Maxy
QUOTE(Spyder @ Nov 12 2008, 07:33 AM) [snapback]410530[/snapback]
Who knows what kind of punch Teofilo could've taken without headgear and with smaller gloves?

Cuba has robbed us all of many possible greats.

Stevenson didn't wear headgear. From all the footage I have seen, coupled by the reports I have read, he was simply the best amateur heavyweight of all time. Couldn't really say if he'd have beaten Foreman in 72 but I've got no doubt he would have made a huge impact on the pro game.

Total shame that he never turned pro but credit for his commitment to his country.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.