War P-Will
King Eugene
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Nov 11 2008, 04:32 PM) [snapback]410401[/snapback]
This would be crazy!!!
War P-Will

lol ok you wildin now.

give me PWill tho.
STEVENSKI
Paul Williams gets carried out on a stretcher in this one I think. That long thin neck snapped over at a crazy angle with him foaming at the mouth. Bad matchup.
D-MARV
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Nov 11 2008, 06:21 PM) [snapback]410408[/snapback]
Paul Williams gets carried out on a stretcher in this one I think. That long thin neck snapped over at a crazy angle with him foaming at the mouth. Bad matchup.

LOL

It would be fun while it lasted though!
kidbazooka1
Calzaghe has no chin he recovers quickly but he is easly dropped.

I think Williams could take this.

STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Fitz @ Nov 12 2008, 12:02 AM) [snapback]410415[/snapback]
lol, Calazghe may slowly punish fighter, beat them up and such but he isn't putting anyone in a stretcher.

Williams is a lot physically smaller than Joe. I think he could easily hurt Paul quite badly if he lands that straight left flush.
BrutalBodyShots
What's the deal with people coming up with bogus mythical matchups involving a guy moving up anything more than 1 division? Williams isn't even the top guy at 147, but we're gonna talk about him moving up 3 divisions to face the best there? Come on now.

King Eugene
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Nov 11 2008, 08:41 PM) [snapback]410422[/snapback]
What's the deal with people coming up with bogus mythical matchups involving a guy moving up anything more than 1 division? Williams isn't even the top guy at 147, but we're gonna talk about him moving up 3 divisions to face the best there? Come on now.

So ummmmmmmmm who is the top guy?
King Eugene
I wouldn't make a big deal to get the fight made but if it was, I wouldnt miss it.
JD
Yeah...I'll take Calzaghe.
King Eugene
QUOTE(JD @ Nov 11 2008, 09:16 PM) [snapback]410433[/snapback]
Yeah...I'll take Calzaghe.

By Decision or KO?

To be honest, I dont like Calzaghe but I really cant see anybody keeping up with this dude. I think the only way in beating him is hurting him and dropping him for good cause if he gets up it only gets worse.
BigG
Calzaghe already got beat by Hopkins in alot of fans opinion.
D-MARV

Brutal,
You gave me a hard time back in Febuary when I mentioned a Paul Williams Vs Kelly Pavlik in a "Mythical" match-up! Doesn't seem too bad now, does It?

I will say tat this fight will never happen but I wanted to know how people thought PWill will do...

and if PWill isnt the top guy at Welterweight, then who is?

Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(3King3 @ Nov 11 2008, 09:19 PM) [snapback]410435[/snapback]
By Decision or KO?

To be honest, I dont like Calzaghe but I really cant see anybody keeping up with this dude. I think the only way in beating him is hurting him and dropping him for good cause if he gets up it only gets worse.

Yeah I agree. It's going to take someone who can take him on the inside and take on the storm. I think a young Hopkins could have done that.
King Eugene
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 11 2008, 09:22 PM) [snapback]410437[/snapback]

Yea but the fans opinions dont mean nothing. Them judges gave him an L and he has to live with it.

QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Nov 11 2008, 09:27 PM) [snapback]410442[/snapback]
Yeah I agree. It's going to take someone who can take him on the inside and take on the storm. I think a young Hopkins could have done that.

I think a young Hopkins, Jones, and Toney could have done it.
D-MARV
a Present Chad Dawson can do it now... But thats another thread!
King Eugene
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Nov 11 2008, 09:34 PM) [snapback]410445[/snapback]
a Present Chad Dawson can do it now... But thats another thread!

I agree but thats why I didnt mention it.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Nov 11 2008, 09:27 PM) [snapback]410441[/snapback]
Brutal,
You gave me a hard time back in Febuary when I mentioned a Paul Williams Vs Kelly Pavlik in a "Mythical" match-up! Doesn't seem too bad now, does It?

Sure it does. I would have taken Pavlik by KO then, and I would now as well. Just because Pavlik lost to Hopkins that means nothing with respect to Williams moving up 2-3 divisions to face Pavlik. Pavlik would be too big and strong, end of story.

Until Williams fights a legit 160-168 pounder and shows success in the ring against them I wouldn't take him (or any fighter generally speaking moving up 2-3 divisions) to win the fight.

JonnyBlaze
I don't like this thread(if it is for real)..
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 12 2008, 02:22 AM) [snapback]410437[/snapback]

Those fans would be wrong in a lot more fans opinion.
BigG
Well it is still a controversial decision because there are alot of people who thought Joe lost.
Lil-lightsout
Joe would absolutely embarrass Paul, I can not even believe I am responding. You do know PW was outboxed by Carlos Quintana, now what the heck you think Joe Calzaghe would do to him? Joe probably does not even know who PW is.
The Original MrFactor

This is exactly how we got DLH/Pacquiao. Even though, I'll say, Williams/Calzaghe would be interesting. I think Williams size and volume of punches could make it interesting. Where i think Williams would be bothered would be Calzaghe's handspeed and the fact that he's a southpaw.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(Fitz @ Nov 12 2008, 01:37 AM) [snapback]410509[/snapback]
I'm not saying that Williams would win, but I think this example is totally different. Quintana outboxes him, but Calazghe outworks people. It's quite possible that Williams struggles against a boxer more than a a guy with a strong work ethic.

I see what you are saying, where Joe does outwork people, he also has great boxing abilities that he uses too. Like when he fought Lacy he would flurry on Jeff and then move. He constantly kept Jeff off balance the whole fight. Joe is amazing with his upperbody movement and his very hard to hit when he wants to. Personally, I do not think you would see Joe fighting say a PW the way he fought Roy. Joe knew Roy could not pull the trigger anymore, and he could stay on top of him the whole time. What I am trying to say is Joe would still pressure and flurry, but then he would move and give angles, he just would not stay there for return fire. I just think that style would also frustrate PW and he would not be able to get off like he is used to. Not to mention a fighter who has fought welterweight almost his whole career.
JD
QUOTE(3King3 @ Nov 11 2008, 09:19 PM) [snapback]410435[/snapback]
By Decision or KO?

He probably stops Paul late...Williams really does not have one advantage in this fight.
GMAN73
He overwhelms and stops a sluggish PW in about 8 rounds. JC is nearing lofty status at this point in his career and IMO this fight wouldn't be that bad, but it'd have to be at 170. Williams isn't ready for that weight yet.
D-MARV
I think we all know who would win this fight! but I just wanted to know how people that it would end... I think it could be ver exciting while it lasted!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.