Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mikkel Kessler
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
I've always liked Kessler and I just watched his fight with Calzaghe and he did pretty good. I had it 8-3-1 for Calzaghe. I hate Joe's guts he has to be my least favorite fighter of all time but he looked very good in this fight, IMO better than his performances over 43 year old Hopkins and a shot Roy Jones Jr. I think this was Calzaghe's best win because he was fighting a real talented young fighter.

Anyway, the pace seemed to be too much for Kessler and I have to give Calzgahe credit for conditioning he has insane stamina.

How would Kessler do against Dawson and Bute? He is clearly a level above everyone else at SMW..except maybe Taylor.
D-MARV
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 12 2008, 07:35 AM) [snapback]410531[/snapback]
I've always liked Kessler and I just watched his fight with Calzaghe and he did pretty good. I had it 8-3-1 for Calzaghe. I hate Joe's guts he has to be my least favorite fighter of all time but he looked very good in this fight, IMO better than his performances over 43 year old Hopkins and a shot Roy Jones Jr. I think this was Calzaghe's best win because he was fighting a real talented young fighter.

Anyway, the pace seemed to be too much for Kessler and I have to give Calzgahe credit for conditioning he has insane stamina.

How would Kessler do against Dawson and Bute? He is clearly a level above everyone else at SMW..except maybe Taylor.

Dawson wins a UD!

Kessler KOs Bute Late!
GMAN73
Kessler/Taylor would be great and so would Kessler/Dawson. I really need to see more out of each of them at this point but any fight between the 3 of them in any fashion is a 50/50 fight IMO.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 12 2008, 08:35 AM) [snapback]410531[/snapback]

I think I just said all this in another thread..haha..Calzaghe def. did his best against Kessler and Kessler was the guy everyone said Calzaghe had to beat to prove his dominance..Kessler was able to try to hang with Calzaghe's work rate even though he couldn't..No one else has been able to come close to Calzaghe's work rate otherwise..Lacy was really stupid by coming into the fight trying to be a big as possible for a 168er,he should of trimmed up,not used weights much or at all,and strictly work on stamina and conditioning along with his normal technique work..

I think Kessler/Taylor would be a real good fight too..Ya are forgetting a couple guys at SMW though..Carl Froch,Bute of course,and Andre Dirrell would all be guys to watch there and could be great fights for Kessler..A Froch/Kessler fight would be the fight I'd want to see most at SMW..Andre Dirrell should get a 2-3 more fights atleast,one of them being a elite guy of SMW before thinking about Kessler..Dirrell is still pretty green..Hanshaw is not elite and some may say so because he fought Roy..Definitely not!!
Mean Mister Mustard
Kessler is a good fighter, maybe better than that. Right after the Calzaghe fight I was pissed at him for not throwing more punches and kept saying "If the guy had thrown more punches he would have won". Then I realized how stupid that sounded, as if Kessler himself couldn't have figured that out. The guy tried but Calzaghe workrate and elusiveness (getting in and out) won him the fight.

Kessler can wrok on some things like being less robotic and going to the body more. If you look at his fights the guy barely throws anything to the body.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.