Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cotto vs Jennings
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
PUERTOROCKS
Cotto vs Jennings?
By Karl Freitag
WBO welterweight champion Paul Williams is expected to officially give up the WBO 147lb belt today. He will face Verno Phillips for the WBO 154lb interim title on November 29th at the Citizens Business Bank Arena in Ontario, California. The vacant welterweight championship is expected to be filled by the winner of a proposed February clash between #1 rated Miguel Cotto and #2 rated Michael Jennings.

BOXREC is reporting this fight to take place on 02/14/2009.
blackbelt2003
QUOTE(PUERTOROCKS @ Nov 12 2008, 05:03 PM) [snapback]410567[/snapback]
Cotto vs Jennings?
By Karl Freitag
WBO welterweight champion Paul Williams is expected to officially give up the WBO 147lb belt today. He will face Verno Phillips for the WBO 154lb interim title on November 29th at the Citizens Business Bank Arena in Ontario, California. The vacant welterweight championship is expected to be filled by the winner of a proposed February clash between #1 rated Miguel Cotto and #2 rated Michael Jennings.

BOXREC is reporting this fight to take place on 02/14/2009.

Another good reason not to include the WBO in the roster of recognised belts. Seriously, if you're a Frank Warren fighter and you can string together ten good wins it makes you an automatic WBO mandatory.

Black
PUERTOROCKS
QUOTE(blackbelt2003 @ Nov 13 2008, 07:53 AM) [snapback]410771[/snapback]
Another good reason not to include the WBO in the roster of recognised belts. Seriously, if you're a Frank Warren fighter and you can string together ten good wins it makes you an automatic WBO mandatory.
Black

It's not going to matter Cotto is going to punish Jennings and stop him in 5.
salvador
With the exception of Jose Luis Cruz, I don't think I've ever seen a more padded record than Jennings'.

I don't have any problem with Cotto taking a confidence building fight right now, but Jennings is a bit rediculous. And the fact that it would be for a belt is comical.
BoRi
QUOTE(salvador @ Nov 13 2008, 10:01 AM) [snapback]410798[/snapback]
With the exception of Jose Luis Cruz, I don't think I've ever seen a more padded record than Jennings'.

I don't have any problem with Cotto taking a confidence building fight right now, but Jennings is a bit rediculous. And the fact that it would be for a belt is comical.

Salvador, I agree with you... but then again cotto has always said "Im just a boxer and I will fight who ever my company chooses" which is actually one thing I respect about him, he never dodges fights no matter how easy or bad they could be.
D-MARV
Rumor is now, That Cotto-MArgarito II may happen in Feb! I hope this isn't true!, Cotto needs a tune up fight
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.