Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Could Joe Cal beat Valuev?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Col Reb
I know many people will think this topic is a big stretch, but I think it could be a big money fight in Europe. Though Joe may not be able to deal with the size issue, he would be so much faster that anything is possible. I think it would add alot to his legacy if he were to grab a HW belt, and Valuev is so ordinary of a fighter. How is that for a farewell fight? What the hell, we're already getting Manny vs Oscar.
JD
Looking at their most recent fights...Valuev weighed in 153 pounds heavier than Calzaghe and is a little over a foot taller then Joe Cal.

Just saying...
Douchebag
Cal would win
BigG
I would pick Cal by decision...size tdoesn't matter when the bigger guy ain't skilled and has little power
JD
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 12 2008, 08:55 PM) [snapback]410679[/snapback]
I would pick Cal by decision...size tdoesn't matter when the bigger guy ain't skilled and has little power

Yeah...I am going to go out on a limb and say that Valuev could hurt Calzaghe badly.

Little power? Not sure about that when he will be fighting a Super Middle / Light Heavy.

I mean, is Cal going to walk Valuev down and outwork him? Is he going to outbox him? Valuev sucks, but the size difference here is too much...it is unreasonable to expect Calzaghe to beat a professional heavyweight who is a hair over a foot taller, and 155 pounds heavier - especially when said heavyweight can actually throw some semblance of a jab.

I want to see it...but I just don't.

Ruiz? Sure.
Maskaev? OK.
Barrett? Uh huh.

But the giants? I just don't see it.
D-MARV
I think "Size Advantage" can be overrated at times, but this is crazy... LOL

Evander Will beat Valuev, then Calzaghe can fight Vander!!!!!
King Eugene
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Nov 12 2008, 09:17 PM) [snapback]410690[/snapback]

LMAO...Johnny would pick Evander and give a 10 paragraph sentence as to why Evander would have a chance at beating Calzaghe. LMAO

I'd pick Cal but he is known for getting hurt early, I think Valuez would catch him and end him.
D-MARV
Cal would punish Vander at this point!
But Im serious about Vander beating Valuev. "IT CAN HAPPEN"
JonnyBlaze
I'm real disappointed in the quality of these threads these days..This is another horrible thread topic and don't know what's going on with these ridiculous mismatches..If you're pissed off about DLH-Pac-man,you guys need to stop this bullshit..

Douchebag
But the thing is that Cal would actually beat that slow footed slab of shit. Cal would be jumping around like a Mexican jumping bean blinding El Russo with punches for the UD. I doubt Valuev would hit him clean at all. That's all I'm sayin.
JD
You guys who are picking Calzaghe are playing...correct?
GMAN73
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Nov 12 2008, 08:17 PM) [snapback]410690[/snapback]

That is a great observation and completely possible!!! clapping.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.