Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I must be the only one looking forward to tonight
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
iron_mike
So Lacy is not the 168 lb Mike Tyson/Incredible Hulk he was hyped up to be before Calzaghe and has looked below mediocre since. So Taylor has showed KO power of Malignaggi since the Edouard fight. I think this will be a good clash of styles tonight and make for a good fight. On top of that both are fighting for their careers even though both have only been beaten by one opponent.
BrutalBodyShots
I'm excited for tonight. Totally looking forward to the Couture/Lesnar PPV. Being that I basically never pick MMA over boxing, that should tell you how much Taylor/Lacy means to me.

Imperius3
Taylor should win a pretty clear UD. I bet we will see some bombs landed from both fighters.
Mean Mister Mustard
Lacy is in this one for the money. Maybe he goes all out we'll see.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Yea I'm also pretty excited for this fight. If two fights go different, this fight is a mega PPV match just like last week. If Taylor finishes Pavlik off in the 2nd and Lacy somehow beats Calzaghe 3 years ago like many thought, then this fight is huge. Now it's a big crossroads fight. It should be an exciting one too. I guarantee Lacy will hurt Taylor early at least once. He's still got a lot of power, and even though he hasn't looked impressive in his last three maybe he needs this type of fight. Lacy wasn't fighting bums in his last three fights either. Mendoza can really bang, Manfredo isn't a bad boxer at all, and Tsypko is an underrated contender. He's been fighting hurt, and will be ready tonight. I don't think Taylor's heart is in this anymore based on what he's been saying. He's had a hard time with stamina in the late rounds and that will kill him in this fight. Lacy will hurt him early, then lose most of the middle rounds. Taylor is the better boxer tonight, but Lacy will be coming for all 12 rounds. Taylor will get tired and Lacy will get him out of there in the 11th round.
Thegreatequalizer
lacy seems like a really nice guy and i feel for him. he's got the killer strength and ability, i just don't think he has the killer mentality. a few of his earlier fights were kind of lackluster and he usually pulled those out with one punch ko's or something. taylor annoys me and he seems kind of like a dick, so i would like to see him lose (again), but i think taylor will outbox lacy to a boring decision.
Rabbit Punch2
QUOTE(KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Nov 15 2008, 01:24 PM) [snapback]411138[/snapback]
Yea I'm also pretty excited for this fight. If two fights go different, this fight is a mega PPV match just like last week. If Taylor finishes Pavlik off in the 2nd and Lacy somehow beats Calzaghe 3 years ago like many thought, then this fight is huge. Now it's a big crossroads fight. It should be an exciting one too. I guarantee Lacy will hurt Taylor early at least once. He's still got a lot of power, and even though he hasn't looked impressive in his last three maybe he needs this type of fight. Lacy wasn't fighting bums in his last three fights either. Mendoza can really bang, Manfredo isn't a bad boxer at all, and Tsypko is an underrated contender. He's been fighting hurt, and will be ready tonight. I don't think Taylor's heart is in this anymore based on what he's been saying. He's had a hard time with stamina in the late rounds and that will kill him in this fight. Lacy will hurt him early, then lose most of the middle rounds. Taylor is the better boxer tonight, but Lacy will be coming for all 12 rounds. Taylor will get tired and Lacy will get him out of there in the 11th round.

I'll be excited if it goes like that. Sounds like a good fight.

I expect Taylor to win a boring decision.
iron_mike
Not that Taylor is a masterful boxer, (though the much better boxer of the two) I see him befuddling Lacy all night. Lacy might stun him a few times but I agree with an uneventful UD for Taylor. Unless he comes out swinging like vs Ouma and Pavlik I and takes Lacy out early, but more than likely he'll just punch himself out again in that scenario. Jeff has a great chin.
JD
I am DVR'ing it.

My girl is sick as hell...and I am getting out of the cone of danger.
Douchebag
QUOTE(JD @ Nov 15 2008, 04:45 PM) [snapback]411144[/snapback]
I am DVR'ing it.

My girl is sick as hell...and I am getting out of the cone of danger.

Good call. No sense in both of you being out for the count.
Jack 1000
I think that Lacy has never recovered from the Calzaghe beating and has become very hittable in recent outings. I expect the potential for some good punches from both fighters, but in the end, it will be a beat-down and a win for Taylor.

Taylor TKO 8.

Jack
Lil-lightsout
Lacy's getting Taylor out of there early or mid rounds. He is due for a good showing, too many people sleeping on Jeff. After this, bring on the Calzaghe rematch!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.