Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: David Haye vs. Monte Barrett
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Byrd Man
I give Round 1 to Haye.
I give Round 2 to Barrett. There was no knockdown, it was a push, but Barrett seemed to land the harder punches, and had Haye on the backpedal a few times.
I give Round 3 to Haye. 10-7 with 2 knockdowns. Lotta hitting behind the head for both guys, and Haye's getting pissed.
I give Round 4 to Haye. 10-7 with 2 MORE knockdowns. This isn't gonna go much more.
Thegreatequalizer
is there a stream for this fight?
BigG
Barrett is down from a left hook in round 3. Not hurt.
BigG
Barrett down again. He should calm down...hes throwing wild bombs.
BigG
Barrett down again..but it seemed like a slip?
BigG
Monte down AGAIN.

Haye is up big after 4. 2 straight 10-7 rounds
salvador
where are you watching this George? Is there a stream?
Rabbit Punch2
Down and hurt
BigG
Haye slips Monte hits him while his down..losses a point...

Oh Monte is down again!

Haye wins TKO 5....5 KNOCKDOWNS!
Byrd Man
IT"S OVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Rabbit Punch2
its over
Byrd Man
5 FREAKING Knockdowns!!!!

Bring on the Clit's
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Do you think this will make the front page of Boxingtalk?
BigG
What Haye has is speed, power, and athleticism. I hope he fights one of the Klitschko's next.
salvador
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 15 2008, 07:59 PM) [snapback]411174[/snapback]
What Haye has is speed, power, and athleticism. I hope he fights one of the Klitschko's next.

You really think he has a chance against a klit?
BigG
I don't know...but I'd like to see it. I think he has a chance against Wlad.
Mean Mister Mustard
Let's not go nuts. Let's see Haye fight a couple more times at heavy.
Fitz
Fuckity fuck fuck fuck. I woke up late and when I woke up they were already interviewing Haye. Looks like he doesn't care with Klitschko he fights.
moscow bear
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 16 2008, 01:08 AM) [snapback]411177[/snapback]
I don't know...but I'd like to see it. I think he has a chance against Wlad.

I also have a chance against Wlad.
Maxy
It got pretty wild in there at times with both fighters unloading big punches looking for the knockout. There are definitely still questions to be asked about David Haye but all in all it was an impressive performance.

The main thing I like about him though is that he's bloody exciting. The most exciting heavyweight around today in my book.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Regardless of how Haye fare's against either Klit this result and the exciting nature of it is definately a move in the right direction for the division.

Personally I'd like to see him have one more prelim fight against a former Klit victim, someone like Sam Peter. If he were to stop Peter then he would definately have bragging rights and a Klit fight would have some real heat.
thefloatingmonkey
Nice win for Haye. If he does fight one of the klits next fight, he better keep is hands up. Definitely would be an exciting fight with either one of them.
Maxy
If he didn't get hit cleanly he'd destroy Sam Peter. Much quicker. That's the great thing about Haye though...he's vulnerable but he's quicker than most heavyweights and he can definitely hit.

Edge of the seat stuff. The heavyweight division needs that type of fighter.
thehype
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Sorry...just had to get that out of the way.

As for the Klitschko brothers...Haye gets stopped by both of them. He just keeps that left hand down way too low and quite frankly, I really don't think he punches as hard as he thinks he does. If you're punching that hard, you should be putting people to sleep. Barrett is so far gone that Haye should have been able to knock him out clean. Hell, in 2005, Barrett's own advisor sat right next to me during his war with Owen Beck and was remarking about how punchy and washed up Barrett was back then. If that's the case, Haye should have stretched him 2 rounds tops. Don't get me wrong, it was entertaining...something the heavyweight division lacks...but as far as being able to take out either one of the Klitschko brothers...I don't think so. In fact, I'm not even sure if Haye has enough skills to get past James Toney.
Maxy
QUOTE(thehype @ Nov 15 2008, 07:38 PM) [snapback]411190[/snapback]
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Sorry...just had to get that out of the way.

As for the Klitschko brothers...Haye gets stopped by both of them. He just keeps that left hand down way too low and quite frankly, I really don't think he punches as hard as he thinks he does. If you're punching that hard, you should be putting people to sleep. Barrett is so far gone that Haye should have been able to knock him out clean. Hell, in 2005, Barrett's own advisor sat right next to me during his war with Owen Beck and was remarking about how punchy and washed up Barrett was back then. If that's the case, Haye should have stretched him 2 rounds tops. Don't get me wrong, it was entertaining...something the heavyweight division lacks...but as far as being able to take out either one of the Klitschko brothers...I don't think so. In fact, I'm not even sure if Haye has enough skills to get past James Toney.

Well that's a pretty damning verdict on Haye. Haven't yet read a poster stating he'll take out either one of the Klits though. Haye has said he would...well he would say that wouldn't he? I do agree that the punches which ended the fight landed very cleanly and were fully fledged blows, yet Barrett was still very much conscious. Does that discredit Haye's power? Perhaps it does, but I do feel that speed kills and David is very quick for a heavyweight. He does hit hard, not as hard as some heavyweights, but he'll hit you quicker than most heavyweights. He sounded a little out of breath when he spoke after the fight and did appear slightly....not tired as such, just not fresh, for want of a better way to describe what I mean.

So do both Klits beat him? Vitali probably does the job in 6 rounds after boxing cautiously and cleverly. Wlad...no idea. He's not as smart as his big brother and he definitely doesn't have the beard of his big brother.

End of the day though, David Haye has added some excitement to the division.
D-MARV
I think David Haye should fight the winner of Thompson-Toney!
Lil-lightsout
Good for you Haye, I predicted he would bomb Barrett out of there(i know others did too). Look forward to his next fight, hopefully a bigger name heavyweight.
Jack 1000
I can't believe a fight in ENGLAND with 5 knockdowns! They are often very quick to stop fights over nothing over there.

Who was the ref? If it was Dave Paris or Terry O'Connell I would be really shocked. Those refs are known for quick stoppages.

Jack
Maxy
Richie Davies refereed the fight and not all bouts over here are stopped as ridiculously quick as Manfredo-Calzaghe was.
Method

I have always have contended that Wlad Klit is the biggest pussy to ever grace the heavyweight div w his presence.

Id lay money on Haye to beat him, regardless f whether or not he could.
BGv2.0
I think that is a very impressive outing for his first fight at HW.....now...I'd like to see him do what James Toney is JUST NOW getting around to doing.....

I'd like to see him in with a taller guy...to gauge how he would fair with either Klit.

I'd like to see him in with Thompson, McCLine or maybe McBride....to see how he fares with the height issue.

It's great he gave an exciting first outing...BUT keep things in perspective.....I mean this is the same Barrett that Cliff Couser got out in 2!

ROLL DEEP
Exciting fight.

Nice work, Haye. Well done.

He seemed ok in there. Looked a little anxious to get the job done and look good doing it. I suppose there was quite a lot of pressure on him (which he built up himself) and needed to relax and box more imo, but he was quick, didn't really get hit often or cleanly and was pretty accurate.

I was expecting him to knock Barrett out instead of the ref stopping it. The punches didn't seem devestating. Obviously they were hard, but not the BIG KO punch power he showed at Cruiser.

His speed will pose a problem for Heavies......his long hook-cross was effective in this fight.
D-MARV
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Nov 16 2008, 03:24 AM) [snapback]411238[/snapback]
I'd like to see him in with Thompson, McCLine or maybe McBride....to see how he fares with the height issue.

He would be wasting his time if he fought McBride. Mcline or THompson would be good though
Method
The punches didn't seem devastating. Obviously they were hard, but not the BIG KO punch power he showed at Cruiser.

He just needs to be able to sneeze hard to take care of ol Wladdy.

ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(Method @ Nov 16 2008, 08:03 AM) [snapback]411249[/snapback]
He just needs to be able to sneeze hard to take care of ol Wladdy.

laugh.gif

As much as you LOVE Hopkins, you sure do HATE Wladimir.

Why do you hate him so much?
MarzB
I've liked Haye since I saw him beat Mormeck. He's definitely exciting and while I think Monte Barrett was the appropriate choice for Haye (those other names that were thrown up were crazy) . But I do see Haye as being a knockout waiting to happen.

He needs one more fight IMO and a good name I think would be Jamel McCline. Fight a tall heavyweight to see how he fairs.

I think he beats Vitali and loses to Wlad at this point. I hate both of their robotic styles but I can see Wlad adapting a bit better to Haye's style than Vitali. Haye's athleticism, ability to circle, speed and head movement would give Vitali fits.

The one problem I see with Haye is him always seizing the knockout and stamina. I can't stand Wlad's style and his trainer is irritating to me but one thing Wlad is patient. He's learned how to hold to stop someone who'd try to overwhelm him and his jab is good enough to keep Haye at bay.

dbdbdb
Just watched this fight and it was exciting to say the least.

I loved Barrett's dive into the ring .. Funny as Sh*t.

I think both guys were too wired-up for this fight {But it did make for good theater} Barrett was throwing wingers all fight long and Haye wasn't as accurate as he could have been. had he calmed down. But overall Haye definately has power and good physical abilities, if he would calm down and stop looking for the one power-punch that will change the fight, he would be a force in the HW division. Barrett is a good HW, but no where near the level of the Klitschko's.

Against either of the Klitschko's - he would lose. Mainly because he's too anxious and doesn't presently use his abilities well enough to overcome disciplined fighters, IMHO.

Both of the Klitschko's will JAB him to death until they can drop the KO bomb right hand.

Haye's a good prospect in the HW division ....... but he needs to take a few more fights before he starts thinking about the Klitschko brothers.
!
Mean Mister Mustard
The guy fights like he thinks he's Roy Jones. I remember seeing him against Enzo and he was being tagged with a lot of jabs. I think the Klit he has more chances of beating is Wlad. Vitali, it would seem to me, is the harder of the two. He has better defense, stamina and experience.
MarzB
I disagree about the Vitali fight. Haye has a jab to the body that you rarely EVER see heavyweights through (Floyd Mayweather also uses this punch very well) and he's quick enough to either hook off of that shot or come with an overhand right over either Klich's jab.

He's also not a flat footed fight and hits on the move which doesn't bode well for either but definitely not Vitali (at this advanced stage of his career). Vitali has a problem against boxer's and while I think Haye "can" box I don't see him staying committed to that style. I'm basing my assessement of Vitali on the Byrd and Lennox fights. When Lennox settled down, Vitali was a setting duck.

Both guys IMO kill other heavies that choose to sit in front of them where they can tee off on them.

I will say this though again that Haye is definitely a knockout waiting to happen and should he get caught clean, I'd be very leery of him getting up with any type of coherence within him.
Method
you sure do HATE Wladimir.

Why do you hate him so much?

For his size (and this goes for his bro too, but to a somewhat lesser...not too much lesser...extent) he is THEE biggest pussy I have ever seen in the ring. A BIG fucking wet pussy.
D-MARV
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Nov 16 2008, 12:14 PM) [snapback]411288[/snapback]
The guy fights like he thinks he's Roy Jones. I remember seeing him against Enzo and he was being tagged with a lot of jabs. I think the Klit he has more chances of beating is Wlad. Vitali, it would seem to me, is the harder of the two. He has better defense, stamina and experience.

not to mention the better CHIN!

Both Klits KO Haye
someoneswitness
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Nov 15 2008, 07:55 PM) [snapback]411173[/snapback]
Do you think this will make the front page of Boxingtalk?

The bias in the brief was quite apparent. And yes, I could've written it better.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 15 2008, 07:59 PM) [snapback]411174[/snapback]

After this fight you're that high off him that you want him in against a Klitchko next??You guys got all high on B-Hop after Pavlik too..

I didn't see the fight by the way but is it on Youtube??
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Nov 16 2008, 02:48 PM) [snapback]411302[/snapback]
not to mention the better CHIN!
Both Klits KO Haye

I don't need to watch the Barrett/Haye fight to know both Klitchko's would KO him..
Fitz
I believe Haye-(Any)Klitschko should happen A.S.A.P, if you want the full effect of hype. As I think plans could get spoiled out of no where.

I think Haye is good, but not spectacular. His chin is suspect and gets hit way to cleanly to have 100% confidence in the guy. Like I have said, he is a KO waiting to happen, and I could see him getting upset by one shot over a heavyweight, just like he can end a fight like that himself.
He keeps his hands way too low, and he just isn't slick enough or the defensive wizard to pull it off like others do. I want to see him do well though, as we need some excitement in the division.
D-MARV
Is there a tall heavyweight out there that would be considered safe?

What's Goofy (Whitaker) doing right now?
D-MARV
Golota would have been custom made for Haye
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Nov 16 2008, 07:37 PM) [snapback]411327[/snapback]
Golota would have been custom made for Haye

Not if it was Golota at his best..He was really good but his mental state held him back..
Method
I believe Haye-(Any)Klitschko should happen A.S.A.P, if you want the full effect of hype. As I think plans could get spoiled out of no where

I second that.
D-MARV
Yep!
Haye can get KO'd in any given fight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.