Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who've you met??
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
JonnyBlaze
I'm really curious about what boxer you've all met and/or chatted with like on the phone or in person??Also,if it was a real dope experience,tell about it..I'd definitely wanna hear about it..I list mine later..
iron_mike
My small claim to fame is Frankie 'el gato' Figueora-his trainer took me to the Klit/Brock fight and he was fighting his buddy Joey Rios also from the Bronx I believe. I got to do one of those fist in his face poses for a pic. You might have seen him get a gift decision on the Calzaghe/Jones fight against Emmanuel Augustus.

This prob don't count, but hey she fights-also same night took pics and met Maureen Shea-trained Hilary Swank for Million Dollar Baby.

Friends say they ran into James Toney at the Church street gym when I worked ONE BLOCK AWAY and they didnt tell me. Bastards.
MarzB
Michael Grant -nice guy too bad I'mnot much of a fan of his skills

Emmanual (Burton)Augustus- prior to his fight with Floyd in Detroit. Cool guy and while I'm not ecstatic over him, he was robbed two weeks ago.

Leonard Ellerbe- I won't say this guy "controls" Floyd but he's a much bigger factor than you'd believe. Good guy

Don King (briefly) - He's bigger in person than he appears on tv. TOTAL salesman. If he weren't in boxing he'd easily own a bunch of used car lots.

Matt Vanda- a lot less menacing than he looks.

Bro Nazim Richardson-extremely knowledgeable and well versed about boxing, fight game period. I met him when I saw Hopkins vs. Eastman. He actually told me to get to the arena early to check out the undercard. L A traffic is a pain but on that undercard was (outside of Jermain taylor), Junior Witter, Kingsley Ikeke and LoveMore Ndou.

Mike Tyson-very approachable, took pictures, answered questions. Offered up seats. This was outside of the Staples Center.

Hilmer Kenty-When I lived in Detroit, we had the same barber. He really should have made a push to being a commentator

I think more than any sport I've been around, boxers are very approachable for the most part.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(iron_mike @ Nov 19 2008, 04:26 PM) [snapback]411892[/snapback]
My small claim to fame is Frankie 'el gato' Figueora-his trainer took me to the Klit/Brock fight and he was fighting his buddy Joey Rios also from the Bronx I believe. I got to do one of those fist in his face poses for a pic. You might have seen him get a gift decision on the Calzaghe/Jones fight against Emmanuel Augustus.

This prob don't count, but hey she fights-also same night took pics and met Maureen Shea-trained Hilary Swank for Million Dollar Baby.

Friends say they ran into James Toney at the Church street gym when I worked ONE BLOCK AWAY and they didnt tell me. Bastards.

I was hoping Toney would be brought up..haha..I'd wanna hear some Toney stories..My friend Darnell Wilson's buddy went up to spar with Toney and I think he said or did something Toney didn't like and Toney pulled a gat on him..I bet just to scare him though..I've heard he is real good with his fans though but once ya get in the ring with him,fan or not,he's gonna talk soo much shit and bust you up..haha..

Maureen Shea definitely does count..That's real cool..Did ya talk to her at all??
D-MARV
Fighters I have met in person:

Mike Tyson
Kevin McBride
Hasim Rahman
Juan Ma Lopez
Jorge Arce
Josh Clottey
Winky Wright
Laila Ali
Joe Frazier
Fernando Vargas
Sharmba Mitchell

Other Boxing People:
Kenny Bayless
Manny Stewart
Max Kellerman
Jim Lampley
Michael Buffer
Bob Arum
Freddie Roach
"The Big Security Dude from the MGM" Im sure you guys know who Im talking about if you see him.

iron_mike
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Nov 19 2008, 03:32 PM) [snapback]411894[/snapback]
I was hoping Toney would be brought up..haha..I'd wanna hear some Toney stories..My friend Darnell Wilson's buddy went up to spar with Toney and I think he said or did something Toney didn't like and Toney pulled a gat on him..I bet just to scare him though..I've heard he is real good with his fans though but once ya get in the ring with him,fan or not,he's gonna talk soo much shit and bust you up..haha..

Maureen Shea definitely does count..That's real cool..Did ya talk to her at all??

This 'friend' who was my partner at the time took his kid to take pictures. He's like James Toney's on Church st. REALLY??? Yea, he left half an hour ago......son of a cunt...

Talked with Maureen for a good 10-15 min. Real sweetheart and SO much better looking in normal clothes, even though shes cute in the ring too. Supposedly Duran was gonna stop by and say hi to my trainer/friend buddy but he didn't.
JonnyBlaze
I've met,
Ken Norton--Talked to him for about a hour..He was really cool and jokes a lot..I actually had a stare down with him for about 2 minutes about..It was real dope..hahaha..I got his autograph and took pics. with him too..It was pretty funny,when he met my mom the first thing he did was kiss her hand..He had me crackin up the whole time I was chillin with him..Awesome guy to meet..

Mia St. John--She is smoking in person..A lot hotter than on TV in my opinion..She was really nice and fun to talk to..I got pics with her and she signed a pic of her for me..

Felice Herrig--Shes a boxer/MMA fighter..She was on the show fight girls..I met her about 1-2 months ago at some amateurs fights in the Chi..She got wasted as hell and was actin pretty crazy..haha..She was still fun to talk to and I got a couple pics with her..I talked to her for about 10 minutes..She actually live 1 town away from my hometown in the burbs..

Ernie Terrell--I met him at the golden gloves and talked to him for about 5-10 minutes..He signed my shirt for me too..He was all pimped out like he was still livin back in the 60's..hahaha..

Steve Forbes--I just met him 2 weeks ago..I talked to him for about 20 minutes..He's really nice and was very willing to talk..Actually,I was 1 of 2 people who actually knew who he was at the fights I was at..

Fres Oquendo--I met him at the golden gloves and talked to him for quite awhile too..He told me he'd train me for free(he's kinda far away though),spar with me,and stuff like that..We talked about his disappointment decisions against guys like Byrd..He also gave me his cell number and I've talked to him on the phone a couple time..

Diego Corrales--Only talked to him on the phone but was a huge deal for me..Hype was the one who made it happen in the BTalk days..I was the last person to get a phone call period and it was from Corrales..I'll never forget it either..

Darnell Wilson--None of you probably know him but I talk to him a lot..He fought Chad Dawson in 04' I think..He's also fought Pavlik,Lacy,Taylor,and a lot of other guys in the amateurs..He's pretty good friends with Lamon Brewster,Fres Oquendo,Tarver,and a bunch other guys..I'm hopefully going to be meeting up with him in a month of so to train/spar with him..

Holyfield--I've seen him in person but there was no way of meeting him..It was at the AIBA tournament for the Qlympics..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Nov 19 2008, 04:34 PM) [snapback]411896[/snapback]
Fighters I have met in person:

Mike Tyson
Kevin McBride
Hasim Rahman
Juan Ma Lopez
Jorge Arce
Josh Clottey
Winky Wright
Laila Ali
Joe Frazier
Fernando Vargas
Sharmba Mitchell

Other Boxing People:
Kenny Bayless
Manny Stewart
Max Kellerman
Jim Lampley
Michael Buffer
Bob Arum
Freddie Roach
"The Big Security Dude from the MGM" Im sure you guys know who Im talking about if you see him.

Who'd ya like meeting most??Anything dope happen??Did ya talk long with em or just get a pic and autograph??
iron_mike
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Nov 19 2008, 03:54 PM) [snapback]411901[/snapback]
Who'd ya like meeting most??Anything dope happen??Did ya talk long with em or just get a pic and autograph??

Iron Mike.....damn..just this morning my friend and I were talking..he said he saw Mike parked in a Hummer with some hot chick in front of the W hotel on Lexington Ave. He said he was afraid to approach him cause he might bite his ear off. I said you jerkoff are you really that dumb? He was half joking, but he said he looked so menacing he didnt even wanna approach him. This was years ago, he said befor facial tat. Would have loved to met and talked with Chico....
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Nov 19 2008, 03:52 PM) [snapback]411899[/snapback]
I've met,
Ken Norton--Talked to him for about a hour..He was really cool and jokes a lot..I actually had a stare down with him for about 2 minutes about..It was real dope..hahaha..I got his autograph and took pics. with him too..It was pretty funny,when he met my mom the first thing he did was kiss her hand..He had me crackin up the whole time I was chillin with him..Awesome guy to meet..

Mia St. John--She is smoking in person..A lot hotter than on TV in my opinion..She was really nice and fun to talk to..I got pics with her and she signed a pic of her for me..

Felice Herrig--Shes a boxer/MMA fighter..She was on the show fight girls..I met her about 1-2 months ago at some amateurs fights in the Chi..She got wasted as hell and was actin pretty crazy..haha..She was still fun to talk to and I got a couple pics with her..I talked to her for about 10 minutes..She actually live 1 town away from my hometown in the burbs..

Ernie Terrell--I met him at the golden gloves and talked to him for about 5-10 minutes..He signed my shirt for me too..He was all pimped out like he was still livin back in the 60's..hahaha..

Steve Forbes--I just met him 2 weeks ago..I talked to him for about 20 minutes..He's really nice and was very willing to talk..Actually,I was 1 of 2 people who actually knew who he was at the fights I was at..

Fres Oquendo--I met him at the golden gloves and talked to him for quite awhile too..He told me he'd train me for free(he's kinda far away though),spar with me,and stuff like that..We talked about his disappointment decisions against guys like Byrd..He also gave me his cell number and I've talked to him on the phone a couple time..

Diego Corrales--Only talked to him on the phone but was a huge deal for me..Hype was the one who made it happen in the BTalk days..I was the last person to get a phone call period and it was from Corrales..I'll never forget it either..

Darnell Wilson--None of you probably know him but I talk to him a lot..He fought Chad Dawson in 04' I think..He's also fought Pavlik,Lacy,Taylor,and a lot of other guys in the amateurs..He's pretty good friends with Lamon Brewster,Fres Oquendo,Tarver,and a bunch other guys..I'm hopefully going to be meeting up with him in a month of so to train/spar with him..

Holyfield--I've seen him in person but there was no way of meeting him..It was at the AIBA tournament for the Qlympics..

How can we not know the Ding a Ling man?
D-MARV
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Nov 19 2008, 03:54 PM) [snapback]411901[/snapback]

to be honest with you... meeting Laila Ali was huge for me. She's BEAUTIFUL!

Out of all the dudes I met... Vargas and Rahman were the coolest! Winky was cool as well. JuanMA was cool but didn't speak english very well.LOL

When I met Tyson... The only word I can think of to describe the meeting was "Peaceful" LOL

Max Kellerman talked to me for like 30 min. That man can talk forever!
Michael Buffer sounded nothing like I imagined

I have pics with:
Rahman
Roach
Laila Ali
Juan MA
Manny Stweart
Max Kellerman
Josh Clottey
Jorge Arce
STEVENSKI
Not many nig time ones but the ones I have have been ATG's

Tszyu
Holyfield
Fenech

JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Nov 19 2008, 05:11 PM) [snapback]411907[/snapback]

This isn't the Ding a Ling man..The way I started talking to him was that I was writing a letter to the Ding a ling man but it was the other Darnell Wilson's address..So,his wife ended up looking up my name and everything and called my dad's business line who then gave her our house number and my cell number..I talked to her for awhile and I found out it wasn't the Ding a ling man,but being the huge fan of boxing in general I still wanted to talk to him..I've been talking to him on the phone for about 2 years now,pretty frequent..He didn't turn pro until he was too old to be allowed to fight in the amateurs anymore..He lived in Chicago but now lives in Indiana..We might get together over winter break(from school) to chill,train,and spar together..

Crazy story huh??I'm so much happier it went to this Darnell than the Ding a ling man.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Nov 19 2008, 05:18 PM) [snapback]411911[/snapback]
to be honest with you... meeting Laila Ali was huge for me. She's BEAUTIFUL!

Out of all the dudes I met... Vargas and Rahman were the coolest! Winky was cool as well. JuanMA was cool but didn't speak english very well.LOL

When I met Tyson... The only word I can think of to describe the meeting was "Peaceful" LOL

Max Kellerman talked to me for like 30 min. That man can talk forever!
Michael Buffer sounded nothing like I imagined

I have pics with:
Rahman
Roach
Laila Ali
Juan MA
Manny Stweart
Max Kellerman
Josh Clottey
Jorge Arce

That's real dope you met Laila..Do you ever watch the American Gladiators??Laila is hot as hell!!I bet even better in person..
JonnyBlaze
Steve and Fitz,what was it like meeting Kostya??Did ya talk to him long??Steve did you talk to Holyfield??You're lucky as hell..
iron_mike
QUOTE(Fitz @ Nov 19 2008, 05:14 PM) [snapback]411917[/snapback]
Only Kostya Tszyu.

ONLY Kostya Tszyu....I ONLY won the Lotto, not Mega Millions or Powerball...Would like to meet and at least brifely chat with Mike and Tszyu before I die..
one day hopefully
pcraw
I've talked to several fighters, but I'll list the ones I've met.

Zab Judah-Totally different than you would think. He was cool as hell and very well spoken.
Yoel Judah-Funny dude
Bernard Hopkins-I met him at the tail-end of his camp for Tarver. He was grumpy at first, but ended up being real cool. He was asking me and my wife where were we from?
Brother Naazim-Funny as hell, knowledgeable and he really makes you feel like you've been knowing him for years.
John David Jackson-Real calm dude. He soft spoken and cool as hell as well. Very willing to talk and take pics.
Don King-a little on the grumpy side
Peterson bro's-Both very cool. Let me take pics with their belt.
Tony Thompson- Is a comedian
Tommy Hearns-Didnt talk very much, but was nice enough to take a pic and told me he appreciated the compliments.
Antonio Tarver-Actually very cool
Kennedy Mckinnley-Very nice. Almost seemed surprised I knew who he was.
Roy Jones-No comment
The list goes on..I'll post more later
Method
Hopkins
Naaz
Bouie
Taylor
Trinidad
Glenn Johnson
Judah
Joel Judah
Daniel Judah
Richard Hall
Tarver
Ali
Gatti
Juan Carlos Gomez
Freitas
Wladdy CLITchko
HaydelHammer
oliver mccall - was working out at the bally's I do weight at. I remember thinking he looks bigger on tv. Didn't talk to him. No need to.

shannon briggs - actually met him about 2 months ago at the boxing gym. cool dude. huge mofo. had his headset on I walked up on him and shook his hand said what's up. He said he was getting back in shape..etc (tapping on his belly) lol..I told him he needed to ko a klitzcho(sp) either one..etc joking around..then I let him do his thang. Cool dude all around I could tell. extremely huge.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Nov 19 2008, 11:30 PM) [snapback]411936[/snapback]
Steve and Fitz,what was it like meeting Kostya??Did ya talk to him long??Steve did you talk to Holyfield??You're lucky as hell..

Tszyu was very quiet & I met him at a fight card but such a gentleman. Barely said a word to him but he liked my bro's Tszyu Crew polo & signed it.

Holyfield I met at the Olympics & all he would do was smile & shake hands no chats or photos unless you were blonde with big cans.

Fenech was a fat egotistical prick but I still love his style.
kidbazooka1
Chavez
Chavez Jr.
James Page
Cesar Bazan
Ricardo Lopez
Nonito Donaire-use to spar with him during his amatuer days.
Oscar Larios
iron_mike
QUOTE(Fitz @ Nov 19 2008, 08:21 PM) [snapback]411955[/snapback]
Well, when I say only. I kinda meant it in a way that I have only met one note worthy fighter compared to you guys in the states. You have an opportunity to meet a lot of great fighters, I live in Australia, the boxers that people give a shit about that I can possibly meet is pretty limited.
I got a signed shirt, magazine and a photo with Tszyu.

I realized what you meant as I was typing. Hey, 1 Kostya Tszyu is = to 10 American fighters for me. He's prob my all time fave, but I grew up during the Tyson era, so it's a tossup for me I guess.
STEVENSKI
It's good to see Tszyu getting some love. He is one of the great champions in & out of the ring. One guy who I don't see ending up broke in 10 years thats for sure.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(pcraw @ Nov 19 2008, 08:22 PM) [snapback]411943[/snapback]
I've talked to several fighters, but I'll list the ones I've met.

Zab Judah-Totally different than you would think. He was cool as hell and very well spoken.
Yoel Judah-Funny dude
Bernard Hopkins-I met him at the tail-end of his camp for Tarver. He was grumpy at first, but ended up being real cool. He was asking me and my wife where were we from?
Brother Naazim-Funny as hell, knowledgeable and he really makes you feel like you've been knowing him for years.
John David Jackson-Real calm dude. He soft spoken and cool as hell as well. Very willing to talk and take pics.
Don King-a little on the grumpy side
Peterson bro's-Both very cool. Let me take pics with their belt.
Tony Thompson- Is a comedian
Tommy Hearns-Didnt talk very much, but was nice enough to take a pic and told me he appreciated the compliments.
Antonio Tarver-Actually very cool
Kennedy Mckinnley-Very nice. Almost seemed surprised I knew who he was.
Roy Jones-No comment
The list goes on..I'll post more later

Percy,I think we'd need like 3-4 pages for you to list everyone you've met or talked to now..Back in the Btalk days,it would of been different though..haha..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Nov 19 2008, 09:58 PM) [snapback]411958[/snapback]
It's good to see Tszyu getting some love. He is one of the great champions in & out of the ring. One guy who I don't see ending up broke in 10 years thats for sure.

Tszyu is one of my favorite fighters ever..Like I've said before,he work rate in the gym could only be compared to boxers back in the day who'd train for 15 rounders..I'd bet money that Tszyu could go 20-25 rounds..
D-MARV
QUOTE(pcraw @ Nov 19 2008, 07:22 PM) [snapback]411943[/snapback]
Roy Jones-No comment

LOL... Explain please
iron_mike
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Nov 19 2008, 09:09 PM) [snapback]411961[/snapback]
Tszyu is one of my favorite fighters ever..Like I've said before,he work rate in the gym could only be compared to boxers back in the day who'd train for 15 rounders..I'd bet money that Tszyu could go 20-25 rounds..

Without a doubt. I remember in his book when his wife was giving birth, he'd match her pushup per breath or contraction or something crazy like that. Wasn't he coming out with an energy drink called 'Tszyu'? Maybe it's out outside of the U.S. He stated his goal was to build a 100 million dollar empire
D-MARV
I would like to meet Tszyu... He seems like a cool person
PR316
Pernell Whitaker- The night of the Baldomir/Gatti fight in Atlantic City. Short dude. I'm 5'8 and he seemed about 3 inches shorter. Very approachable though. He said "What up, bro" as soon as he saw me and it was just really easy to talk to him. We talked for about 20 minutes and he's a straight shooter: Comes across very genuine. Not nearly as arrogant as he seemed on TV in his day but I guess now that he's retired and all things change. Very good dude to talk to and I say that because he didn't have to speak to me but he did.

Ricardo Mayorga- LOL... This one caught me by surprise too. He just happened to be working out on the very same day I was. I had been there for a good 10 minutes or so after warming up with some stretching exercises and a little jump rope routine. I go towards the speed bag and all of a sudden I see him finishing off a workout on the heavy bag. I immediately approached him not knowing what to expect but it was all good. He shook my hand and his handlers were very friendly and easy to talk to. This was before his fight with Fernando Vargas. He's a funny guy. If you let him, he'll talk your ear off for hours about anything. But after about 15 minutes or so, we parted ways and he did his thing and I did mine.

Miguel Cotto- Also at the gym. A month or so before his fight with Malignaggi. Definitely not the most social cat. He gave me no problem whatsoever after learning that I was from the same town as he was from(Caguas) and he basically gave me a good 5 minute or so talk. Very quiet dude and he definitely gives the impression that he doesn't really enjoy boxing. Just approaches it business as usual and doesn't really seem to be all into it. He told me that he doesn't really watch boxing when he's not doing it, and doesn't really pay attention to other fighters fights or anything. Overall, he was respectful towards me but I can see why alot of people don't like him.

Tito Trinidad- Met him twice actually. First time in Fajardo in the lobby of the El Conquistador hotel sometime in 1998 and he was extremely chill and totally approachable. He was with his younger brother and they're both just really easy people to be around and talk with about ANYTHING... The 2nd time I met Tito was a few months later in the Wilfredo Gomez Gym in Guaynabo and he was getting ready for his fight against Hugo Pineda and he actually remembered me. He signed a pair of gloves for me and took a photo with me but I lost it somewhere. Nevertheless, a very cool dude.

Sultan Ibragimov- Didn't talk to him because he was always busy with his training, this was prior to the Klitschko fight. I think Jeff Mayweather was in the gym as well. He looks more like Barney Rubble in person than he does on TV... LOL...

Nay_Sayer
George Foreman

Fres Oquendo
JonnyBlaze
What gyms are all you going to that all these boxers are going to??I've never met a boxer in a gym before..I don't have a lot of money so I have to go to the park district/lower scale boxing gyms..I can't afford to go to JABB or Windy City boxing gym where I know guys like Mike Mollo,David Estrada,and guys like that train outta..My max. is 40 bucks a month,over at JABB it'd be like 40-50 bucks a session..When I trained outta Loyola Park in the Chi,it was only 25 bucks for 3-4 months..It was a good gym,but not the type of gym you see guys like DLH at..The place where I go now is real big and has a lot of good stuff(40 bucks a month) but I know a place like JABB would show it up..This place is above a dry cleaners..haha..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Nov 19 2008, 11:50 PM) [snapback]411982[/snapback]
George Foreman

Fres Oquendo

Where'd you meet Fres??
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Nov 19 2008, 09:58 PM) [snapback]411985[/snapback]
Where'd you meet Fres??

He used to live here in Chicago and I met him through a mutual friend. I actually used to see his sister-in-law years ago....
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Nov 20 2008, 12:03 AM) [snapback]411986[/snapback]
He used to live here in Chicago and I met him through a mutual friend. I actually used to see his sister-in-law years ago....

Oh,I didn't know you were in the Chi too..Fres is a real cool guy..I was surprised he gave me his cell number when I met him at the golden gloves..He's always cool about talking when I call him too..I don't call often though since he's training for a fight and I know he's real busy..
pcraw
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Nov 19 2008, 09:13 PM) [snapback]411962[/snapback]
LOL... Explain please

Not very sociable. He wouldnt sign anything...I met him twice.
Boxingjunkie
Ive got either a pic or a signed glove from just about all of these.

Roy Jones
Julio Cesar Chavez
Shane Mosley
Fernando Vargas
Floyd Mayweather Sr.
Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Lamon Brewster
Freddie Roach
Kurt Johnson
Wayne McCullough
Buddy McGirt
Evander Holyfield
Fres Oquendo
Tommy Hearns
Winky Wright
Zab Judah
Marvin Hagler
Joe Frazier
Angel Manfredy
Bernard Hopkins
Bowie Fisher
Ike Quartey
Oliver McCall
Henry Akinwande
Emanual Stewart
Jim Lampley
Larry Merchant
Harold Letterman
Jeff Lacy (Last Sat Night)
Tommy Morrison
Carmen Basilio
Gene Fullmer
Kid Gavilan
Christy Martin
Mia St. John
Max Kellerman
Hector Camacho Sr.
Iran Barkley
Erik Morel
Greg Page
David Reid
Mills Lane
Mark Ratner
Michael Buffer
Vasili Jirov
William Joppy
Earnie Shavers
Ken Norton
Alexis Arguello
Aaron Pryor
Butterbean
Kevin Kelley
Gaspar Ortega
Ken Buchanan
Danny Lopez
Jose Torres
Matthew Saad Muhammad
Rubin Olivares
Juan Laporte
Jimmy Bivins
That's all I can think of this late.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Boxingjunkie @ Nov 20 2008, 02:46 AM) [snapback]412002[/snapback]

Roy Jones
Julio Cesar Chavez
Shane Mosley
Fernando Vargas
Floyd Mayweather Sr.
Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Lamon Brewster
Freddie Roach
Kurt Johnson
Wayne McCullough
Buddy McGirt
Evander Holyfield
Fres Oquendo
Tommy Hearns
Winky Wright
Zab Judah
Marvin Hagler
Joe Frazier
Angel Manfredy
Bernard Hopkins
Bowie Fisher
Ike Quartey
Oliver McCall
Henry Akinwande
Emanual Stewart
Jim Lampley
Larry Merchant
Harold Letterman
Tommy Morrison
Carmen Basilio
Gene Fullmer
Kid Gavilan
Christy Martin
Mia St. John
Max Kellerman
Hector Camacho Sr.
Iran Barkley
Erik Morel
Greg Page
David Reid
Mills Lane
Mark Ratner
Michael Buffer
Vasili Jirov
William Joppy
Earnie Shavers
Ken Norton
Alexis Arguello
Aaron Pryor
Butterbean
Kevin Kelley
Gaspar Ortega
Ken Buchanan
Danny Lopez
Jose Torres
Matthew Saad Muhammad
Rubin Olivares
Juan Laporte
Jimmy Bivins

Hall of Fame weekend?
D-MARV
QUOTE(Boxingjunkie @ Nov 20 2008, 01:46 AM) [snapback]412002[/snapback]

Roy Jones
Julio Cesar Chavez
Shane Mosley
Fernando Vargas
Floyd Mayweather Sr.
Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Lamon Brewster
Freddie Roach
Kurt Johnson
Wayne McCullough
Buddy McGirt
Evander Holyfield
Fres Oquendo
Tommy Hearns
Winky Wright
Zab Judah
Marvin Hagler
Joe Frazier
Angel Manfredy
Bernard Hopkins
Bowie Fisher
Ike Quartey
Oliver McCall
Henry Akinwande
Emanual Stewart
Jim Lampley
Larry Merchant
Harold Letterman
Tommy Morrison
Carmen Basilio
Gene Fullmer
Kid Gavilan
Christy Martin
Mia St. John
Max Kellerman
Hector Camacho Sr.
Iran Barkley
Erik Morel
Greg Page
David Reid
Mills Lane
Mark Ratner
Michael Buffer
Vasili Jirov
William Joppy
Earnie Shavers
Ken Norton
Alexis Arguello
Aaron Pryor
Butterbean
Kevin Kelley
Gaspar Ortega
Ken Buchanan
Danny Lopez
Jose Torres
Matthew Saad Muhammad
Rubin Olivares
Juan Laporte
Jimmy Bivins

Wow! Good list... Are you just a fan or does your work include boxing?
Chi-Town
I met Margarito at the weigh in for Barrera-Juarez II. The coolest, most humble athlete I've ever met. I actually met Greg Leon for the first time that day too. Believe it or not, he was very nice and gracious when I met him.
Snoop
Alexis Arguello is really the only famous boxer I met.

I've met a ton of lesser known Latin American fighters, some that had title trinkets at some point, but I dunno if anyone on the board would know who they are.
Spyder

He told my friend the same thing... laugh.gif

He must really want to get into training.
Spyder
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Nov 19 2008, 04:11 PM) [snapback]411907[/snapback]

Jonny thinks that we're a bunch of idiots.

EDIT: just saw the story...crazy! laugh.gif
Al Hata

I met Tommy Hearns at the mgm grand buffet before the mayweather de la hoya fight. He was with a bunch of hoes but I manged to shake his hand in the buffet line before he went to work on some crab legs. I think he wanted to knock me out for getting in the way. That would actually be a pretty sweet story to tell everyone that I got laid out by the hitman at a buffet. Thankfully, he is a real cool guy.

I met Tarver after the fight, he was actually real cool.

My boy sat next to steve kim at the pool. Steve asked him if he was a member to maxboxing since he was able to recognize him and my boy told him he was too west coast biased.

Back in the day I earned a zab judah phone call after one of the chats because he wanted to speak to a girl and at the time I lived with a few girls. It was pretty funny. I still have his number.

Met Riddick Bowe back in the day but I was young, got an autograph.

D-MARV
I saw Riddick Bowe outside of a sports store about 2 years ago. He Looked like a straight bum. It was Sad!!!!!
Spyder
Clifford Ettiene - This was before the Tyson fight, saw him at a Junior Jones fight...called to him, "What's up Black Rhino?" He looked at me all serious and said, "What'd you call me?" I just starting laughing...he took a picture with me.

Angel Manfredy - Met him at the same Junior Jones Show...this was after he quit being "El Diablo"

James McGirt jr - Used to train everyday with this cat...hung out with him a few times.

Andre Berto - He used to travel to train at our gym. This was during the Athenian games training...we fought in the same weight class, but I was recovering from an injury so I never got to spar with him.

Buddy McGirt - Came to watch his son fight in our amateur shows.

Jeff Lacy/Winky Wright - You can't live in this St Pete being a boxing fan and NOT see these two EVERYWHERE.

Kevin Kelly - Met him at the Roy Jones-Derrick Harmon fight.

Sultan Imbragimov - He sat behind me at a club show down in West Palm...he DOES look like Barney Rubble. I was talking mad shit to him, but he's either a quiet guy or he didn't understand the words that were coming out of my mouth.

Daniel Edouard - Used to train with him. He gave me a lot of pointers when I was first starting that built my foundation.
D-MARV
QUOTE(Spyder @ Nov 20 2008, 02:41 PM) [snapback]412087[/snapback]
Clifford Ettiene - This was before the Tyson fight, saw him at a Junior Jones fight...called to him, "What's up Black Rhino?" He looked at me all serious and said, "What'd you call me?" I just starting laughing...he took a picture with me.

Angel Manfredy - Met him at the same Junior Jones Show...this was after he quit being "El Diablo"

James McGirt jr - Used to train everyday with this cat...hung out with him a few times.

Andre Berto - He used to travel to train at our gym. This was during the Sydney games training...we fought in the same weight class, but I was recovering from an injury so I never got to spar with him.

Buddy McGirt - Came to watch his son fight in our amateur shows.

Jeff Lacy/Winky Wright - You can't live in this St Pete being a boxing fan and NOT see these two EVERYWHERE.

Kevin Kelly - Met him at the Roy Jones-Derrick Harmon fight.

Sultan Imbragimov - He sat behind me at a club show down in West Palm...he DOES look like Barney Rubble. I was talking mad shit to him, but he's either a quiet guy or he didn't understand the words that were coming out of my mouth.

Daniel Edouard - Used to train with him. He gave me a lot of pointers when I was first starting that built my foundation.

Do you still fight? If So what level?
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Spyder @ Nov 20 2008, 03:12 PM) [snapback]412079[/snapback]
He told my friend the same thing... laugh.gif

He must really want to get into training.

He does train guys..He had 3-4 guys in golden gloves last year..2 of em were real good and the other was ok..It seems like he's a real good trainer..
JonnyBlaze
What gyms are you guys going to that these boxers are coming to??
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Al Hata @ Nov 20 2008, 07:16 PM) [snapback]412081[/snapback]
I met Tommy Hearns at the mgm grand buffet before the mayweather de la hoya fight. He was with a bunch of hoes but I manged to shake his hand in the buffet line before he went to work on some crab legs. I think he wanted to knock me out for getting in the way. That would actually be a pretty sweet story to tell everyone that I got laid out by the hitman at a buffet. Thankfully, he is a real cool guy.

Man you lucky that was not Toney you ran into or you would have had a cap in yo ass. I can see it now at the MGM the James Toney memorial buffet once he kicks it.
D-MARV
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Nov 20 2008, 07:11 PM) [snapback]412126[/snapback]
Man you lucky that was not Toney you ran into or you would have had a cap in yo ass. I can see it now at the MGM the James Toney memorial buffet once he kicks it.

LOL... you're f*ckin CRAZY!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.